From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

This is a scratch workspace for the coordination and planning of the UoM_Ontology_Standard work.     (1A)


Notes on the Mon 2010.01.04-11:00am EST conference call     (1B)

Conference call details:     (1B1)

Notes for the Call: [ audio archive ]     (1B6)

  • preparing for the Jan-21 first OASIS QUOMOS TC conference call     (1B6B)
  • Progress/status review from deliverable champions - (deferred to the Jan-7 community session)     (1B6C)
    • Pat Hayes - see preliminary notes at: UoM_Ontology_Standard_CLIF_Draft ... and like to discuss:     (1B6C1)
      • 1. I've introduced a new idea into the ontology, of 'measurement event', to try to deal with the VIM meta-issue of whether 'real quantities' exist and the ubiquity or otherwise of errors and estimates. I'd like to outline the motivation for this and get feedback, especially negative.     (1B6C1A)
      • 2. So far, I can see no rational way to distinguish the concepts of [dimension] and [quantity kind], and so propose to identify them (ie treat these as synonyms.) Again, I would like feedback/discussion, especially negative.     (1B6C1B)

Notes on the Mon 2009.12.14 EST conference call     (1C)

Conference call details:     (1C1)

Notes for the Call: [ audio archive ]     (1C6)

1. Roll call to determine TC membership. To become a member at the first meeting, you must:     (1C6D)

  • be eligible, i.e. be an employee of an OASIS member organization or an Individual member of OASIS;     (1C6E)
  • have notified the chair of the person��s intent to participate 7 days before the first meeting; and     (1C6F)

2. Election of chair - from nominations made by Voting members     (1C6H)

3. Review of OASIS TC process, IPR policy and PR policy     (1C6J)

4. Review of TC charter (statement of purpose, goals, deliverables, schedule, etc.).     (1C6K)

5. Vote on any standing rules for the TC     (1C6N)

6. Appointment of officers - volunteers appreciated     (1C6P)

  • liaisons with other applicable standards groups or OASIS TCs     (1C6S)

7. Discussion and acceptance of contributed work     (1C6T)

8. Definition of work programme     (1C6U)

9. Requirements for web site     (1C6V)

10. Future meeting schedule, hosts     (1C6Y)


Notes on the Mon 2009.12.07-11:00am EST conference call     (1D)

Conference call details:     (1D1)

Notes for the Call: [ audio archive ]     (1D6)

  • Review and adopt agenda     (1D6A)
    • this will be a technical work session; it is suggested that admin issues be deferred to next week's call     (1D6A1)
  • Discussion: dealing with "institutionalized vagueness" in QUOMOS     (1D6B)
    • Pat: use of the category "reference" ... and utilizing that to preserve vocabulary?     (1D6B2)
      • Steve: in favor of preserving the VIM as far as possible ... but not disguising the hollowness of the concept     (1D6B2A)
      • Peter: I am totally in favor of Pat's suggested use of the "reference" category to preserve vocabulary. I think this is an important approach too, and can help us get buy-in's from legacy standard bearers, assuming our vision is to have every natural language standard has an "ontology" counterpart as part of that standard.     (1D6B2B)
      • Hans-Peter: ... properties ... (please insert your key points here after the call ... thanks, =ppy)     (1D6B2C)
      • Steve to Pat: any examples of how other ontologies handle cases like this? ... Pat: haven't seen similar cases (like this, which is somewhat of a political compromise.)     (1D6B2D)
      • Steve: optimistic that Chuck Ehrlick will engage ... Pat: can we get copies of his earlier presentations if he had talked about it?     (1D6B2E)
      • Peter: great if we could have Chuck and others who represent different sides of this political position to give a talk, that would be great. Our Jan-7 community session will be a good time.     (1D6B2F)
  • Pat: another issue - how much of the VIM is in our scope     (1D6C)
    • e.g. error, measure techniques, ... metrological concepts would be beyond our scope     (1D6C1)
    • our scope for QUOMOS (at least for now) would mainly be in the VIM's Clause-1     (1D6C2)
  • any preparation for the First QUOMOS TC Meeting - tentatively, 21-Jan-2010     (1D6D)
  • discussed possibilities of HansPeter_de_Koning's participation in the QUOMOS TC, be it as a representative from ESA, OMG, or individually. Also considering if Hans-Peter can be our point person for the OWL editorial group.     (1D6G)

Conference Dial-in Number: (US) (712) 432-1600     (1D6I)

Participant Access Code: 228408#     (1D6J)

International Dial-in Numbers     (1D6K)

Austria: 0820 4000 1552     (1D6L)

Belgium: 070 35 9974     (1D6M)

France: 0826 100 256     (1D6N)

Germany: 01805 00 76 09     (1D6O)

Ireland: 0818 270 021     (1D6P)

Italy: 848 390 156     (1D6Q)

Netherlands: 0870 001 920     (1D6R)

Spain: 902 886025     (1D6S)

Switzerland: 0848 560 179     (1D6T)

UK: 0870 35 204 74     (1D6U)

- welcome     (1D6W)

- identification of participants     (1D6X)

- review of any comments received     (1D6Y)

- staff comments     (1D6Z)

- review of any action items     (1D6AA)

- recruiting     (1D6AB)

- marketing     (1D6AC)

- review of remaining schedule     (1D6AD)


Notes on the Mon 2009.11.30-11:00am EST conference call     (1E)

Conference call details:     (1E1)

Notes for the Call: [ audio archive ]     (1E6)

  • Looking to CLIF as the linchpin - we will do that first (referring to existing OWL and UML work), and then derive the OWL and UML piece from it     (1E6E)
    • Peter: suggest doing the work over the [uom-ontology-std] list ... allows the work and process to be asynchronous, open and properly archived     (1E6E1)
  • Next Meeting:     (1E6H)
    • our next weekly coordination meeting on Mon Dec-07, same time - call details here     (1E6H1)
    • next week's call will be a technical (only) work session ... we'll forego the admin agenda at this next call.     (1E6H2)

Notes on the Mon 2009.11.16-11:00am EST conference call     (1F)

Conference call details:     (1F1)

Notes for the Call: [ audio archive ]     (1F6)

  • Tying down preparation details for the next virtual community session - UoM_Ontology_Standard/ConferenceCall_2009_11_19     (1F6B)
    • Agenda for the Thu 2009.11.16 session ...     (1F6B1)
      • Frank to chair     (1F6B1A)
      • 1. get agreement on the charter (presentation of draft by Howard then Q&A), 2. work out of an OASIS schedule (including adopting a date for the first OASIS TC meeting ... Howard to lead the discussion with Jamie at hand to provide guidance), 3. review progress of all working drafts (WIP report from the 4 champions ... 1 to 5 slides from each), 4. open discussion (including finding out who will be involved)     (1F6B1B)

Notes on the Mon 2009.10.19-11:00am EDT conference call     (1G)

Conference call details:     (1G1)

Notes for the Call: [ audio archive ]     (1G6)

  • Funding prospects: (... discussion deffered)     (1G6H)
    • (possibilities) NSF, NASA, NIH/NLM, ISO-MOU, DISA (JerrySmith), ... (discussion deferred from last week)     (1G6H1)

Notes on the Mon 2009.10.12-11:00am EDT conference call     (1H)

Conference call details:     (1H1)

Notes for the Call: [ audio archive ]     (1H6)

Member of the coordination team: Please add other suggested items below ...     (1H6A)

  • Funding prospects     (1H6F)
    • (possibilities) NSF, NASA, NIH/NLM, ISO-MOU, DISA (JerrySmith), ... (defer discussion to next week)     (1H6F1)
  • next meeting: Monday 2009.10.19 - 11:00am EDT / 8:00am PDT / 5:00pm CEST / 4:00pm BST / 15:00 UTC     (1H6I)

Notes on the Mon 2009.10.05-11:00am EDT conference call     (1I)

Conference call details:     (1I1)

Notes for the Call: [ audio archive ]     (1I6)

  • what needs to be done to facilitate our getting the desired result     (1I6C)
    • coordination between the development of the deliverables     (1I6C1)
    • adopting an open and transparent process     (1I6C2)
    • getting IPR issues out of the way     (1I6C3)
      • Howard: let's not go into this discussion ... all we want to have is an understanding on (among those involved here) that the resulting work is going to be "publicly available, free of charge" ... we can adopt the SDO's process as required.     (1I6C3A)
    • review and feedback process     (1I6C4)
    • workspace: [uom-ontology-std] list, Ontolog wiki (discussion mode), Trac and subversion repository (draft document, candidate document, code)     (1I6C5)
      • Peter: for people consideration, try OOR-sandbox for the OWL work (Ed: can we do OWL validity and consistency checking?)     (1I6C5A)
  • next meeting: Monday 2009.10.12 - 11:00am EDT / 8:00am PDT / 5:00pm CEST / 4:00pm BST / 15:00 UTC     (1I6I)
    • Howard will not be able to join (but will try to make the meeting towards the end, if possible.)     (1I6I1)

Notes on the 2009.09.10 11:00am EDT conference call     (1J)

Conference call details:     (1J1)

Notes from the Call     (1J6)

1. possibly another virtual panel session - QUDT (Steve to contact), UCUM (Ed to contact), Leal-strawman (David to contact), Ed-synthesis, plus discussion ... and what's next - plan to do this on Thu 2009.09.24 - co-chair: Frank Olken & David Price     (1J6A)

2. synthesize the discussion so far, and start documenting a strawman ontology, or two - Ed Barkmeyer to champion the synthesis (ETA ~2009.09.20)     (1J6C)

3. a face-to-face - aim at Fri 2009.10.30 at NSF for a working group plus observers (backup venue at NIST) - Frank and Ed will work out the logistics     (1J6D)

4. getting organized as a standards working group     (1J6F)

  • what needs to happen between 9/24 and 10/30 - we can discuss this with the community on 9/24     (1J6G)
  • shifting gears from discussion to production     (1J6H)
  • we want the technical stuff done and then shop around for the right SDO setting to get the work adopted as standard     (1J6I)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1J6J)