From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Tue 2012_05_01     (1)

This is a regular OOR Team meeting. ... please refer also to proceedings from the last team meeting at OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_04_03     (1A)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1B5)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1B5A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1B5B)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please point your browser directly to the [ slides] (where applicable) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1B5C)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B7)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B9)

Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1D5)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D5A)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E4)

2. Roll Call:     (1E8)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E11)

4. Key items for review and discussion today     (1E13)

  • postmortem of the last couple of OOR events:     (1E13A)
    • Demos of various OOR instances at the OntologySummit2012_Symposium on Apr-13     (1E13A1)
      • Michael: 6 demos presented; 3 were OOR-related (SOCoP-OOR, Ontohub-OOR & COLORE-OOR)     (1E13A1A)
      • Peter: thanks to all on the oor.net federation making it possible for us to have a rather coherent presentation to the audience ... great, especially this is an extended effort from one of the earlier OntologySummit's (2008 to be exact)     (1E13A1B)
    • Metadata-VII: Ontology Mapping - OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_04_24     (1E13A2)
      • Michael: presentation from the OntoIOp (DOL) team, Jerome Euzenat & NCBO folks     (1E13A2A)
      • Todd: very interesting session     (1E13A2B)
      • Michael: follow-up meeting needed to go into representation language(s) for mapping     (1E13A2C)
      • Peter P. Yim: would love to engage Jerome Euzenat (and incorporate his "mapping engine" into OOR as a value added service, especially on the database-schema-to-ontology mapping functionality.) Any others who are working on the state-of-the-art in converting database schemas to ontologies? ... who else is doing work in database schema to ontology conversion?     (1E13A2D)
        • Frank Olken: Dan Miranker (Univ. of Texas Austin) and his grad student JuanSequeda have been working on translating SQL schemas to ontologies (on a small scale).     (1E13A2D1)
        • Mike Dean: we have something - the AutoMapper component of Asio tool suite - see http://asio.bbn.com ... but this is not opensource sw     (1E13A2D2)
        • Mike Dean: D2RQ and D2R from Chris Bizer's group     (1E13A2D3)
        • Frank Olken: Juan Sequeda, Marcelo Arenas, Daniel P. Miranker: On directly mapping relational databases to RDF and OWL. WWW 2012: 649-658     (1E13A2D4)
        • Peter P. Yim: the interest above stems from my earlier (Mar-2010) proposal I made to the NCO_NITRD on systematically developing ontologies from the data.gov (ref. http://data.gov) datasets (more than 390,000 of them now), possibly developing those "ontologies" from database schemas and from "vocabularies" the the RPI folks have been doing for some of those) and then hosting these ontologies on OOR for public reference and consumption. This approach (mapping database schemas to some ontology/ies) was one of the kep approaches we took when Leo Obrst, I and others were working for VerticalNet circa year 2000 too.)     (1E13A2D6)
      • Peter P. Yim: consider doing a virtual session on this ... Michael: possibly an Ontolog topic more than an straight OOR topic (which deals with things that are already ontologies)     (1E13A2E)
  • previous action item status review     (1E13B)
    • [action-2012.03.13] Michael will try to get Mike Bennett to upload his ontology to OOR     (1E13B1)
      • Michael: I'll work on a "Content coordination among OOR instances" session     (1E13B1A)
    • [action-2012.03.13] Ken will continue to work on implementing "gatekeeping" (and get back with an ETA) so we can move from "sandbox" to "production"     (1E13B2)
      • Ken: I can start looking into this more, now that summer has started     (1E13B2A)
  • action planning for "content drive" (getting people to upload ontologies) ... (below)     (1E13G)
  • Getting us to a stage when we can run a OOR-production box ... (below)     (1E13H)

... Notes below are from previous meeting(s), and will be updated as this meeting progresses.     (1E13I)

Member activities updates:' ... (discussion deferred)     (1E13J)

  • Getting us to a stage when we can run a OOR-production box ... (discussion deferred)     (1E13M)

5. Funding progress: ... (discussion deferred)     (1E13P)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E13Q)

7. Action items:     (1E13R)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E13S)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2012.05.01-9:58am PDT     (1E13W)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E13X)


Resources     (1F)

  • the Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series:     (1F14)
    • 2011_10_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-1: Introducing the ISO NP 17347 "Ontology Integration and Interoperability (OntoIOp)" Standardization Effort - Co-chairs: John Bateman & Michael Grüninger - ConferenceCall_2011_10_20     (1F14A)
    • 2011_11_03 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-2: Invited Speaker: Elisa Kendall on "Ontology-Related Metadata Standards" - Co-chairs: Michael Grüninger & John Bateman - ConferenceCall_2011_11_03     (1F14B)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F21)