From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-03-12     (1)

This is a special meeting to help gain shared understanding on what the OOR team plans to do with the upcoming "OOR Content" panel session(s).     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1C5)
  • Discussions and Q & A:     (1C6)
    • (Unless the conference host has already muted everyone) Please mute your phone, by pressing "*2" on your phone keypad, when a presentation is in progress. To un-mute, press "*3"     (1C6A)
    • You can type in your questions or comments through the browser based chat session by:     (1C6B)
      • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field). You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (1C6C1)
    • (when everyone is muted) If you want to speak or have questions or remarks to make, please "raise your hand (virtually)" by click on the "hand button" (lower right) on the chat session page. You may speak when acknowledged by the speaker or the session moderator (again, press "*3" on your phone to unmute). Test your voice and introduce yourself first before proceeding with your remarks, please. (Please remember to click on the "hand button" again (to lower your hand) and press "*2" on your phone to mute yourself after you are done speaking.)     (1C6D)
    • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. gtalk) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) ontolog_20100312@soaphub.org ... Handy for mobile devices!     (1C6E)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1C8)

Attendees     (1E)

Agenda Ideas     (1F)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1F1)

  • how shall we make our "Content" session (or, for that matter, a "content" Series of sessions) most productive?     (1F2)
  • are we keeping the 25-Mar-2010 date, or shall we reschedule?     (1F3)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. "OOR Content" session discussion:     (1G7)

notes below are from previous sessions, and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...     (1G8)

  • planning for upcoming virtual panel sessions on: (i) Content' [ (ii) Use Cases, and (iii) IPR will not be discussed at this call unless directly related to "content" issues ]     (1G9)
    • Content Panel - candidate co-champions: Pat Cassidy, Denise Bedford ... (AldoGangemi (Michael will contact)?)     (1G9A)
        • Q1. how are we related to other similar work? ... Peter explained the relationship between BioPortal and OOR     (1G9A1A)
        • Q2. any discussion on how ontologies will be indexed? ... Mike: reference made to Ontology Summit 2008     (1G9A1B)
        • Pat will help upload some ontologies to the OOR-sandbox (v.2) in the near future -- those he uploaded previously to the v.1 sandbox, updated, and add ontologies like SUMO (in OWL), etc.     (1G9A1C)
        • Pat: suggest we add a link to swoogle (and other ontology search engine) too, to allow people to search, both within and without the OOR.     (1G9A1D)
        • Peter suggest we be aware that we need the entire content spectrum from ontology-light to FOL-ontologies     (1G9A1E)

Peter P. Yim: "Do we upload other people's ontologies?" .... Peter: I suggest we *don't* do it at all     (1G12)

(and don't even try to "mislead" people into believing that someone on the OOR team will do so ... we     (1G13)

have to convince the stewards of the ontologies to join us on the team and to upload the ontologies     (1G14)

themselves AND, more importantgly, to *maintain* them afterwards     (1G15)

Michael Grüninger: The link to COLORE is     (1G16)

Ali Hashemi: Regarding how ontologies are connected     (1G18)

Ali Hashemi: At least three types of connections -- 1) Syntactic 2) Language Translation 3) Semantic     (1G19)

Pat Cassidy: What other ontology repositories currently exist? Anyone have a list?     (1G20)

Ali Hashemi:     (1G22)

Peter P. Yim: Protege Ontologies Library:     (1G25)

Peter P. Yim: we need early-adopters ... so maybe we should "target" certain folks     (1G28)

Peter P. Yim: if your approach and Denise are diverse enough, Pat, you might consider running separate     (1G29)

session ... so that each of your session(s) can be run in a way each of you feel most comfortable     (1G30)

Peter P. Yim: Pat reckons that the Mar-25 will most likely be postponed     (1G31)

Peter P. Yim: Ken & Todd's "Use Cases" panel session will stay as scheduled - Thu 1-Apr-2010     (1G32)

Ali Hashemi: Thanks all. Take care     (1G35)

4. Any Other Business:     (1G36)

5. Action items:     (1G37)

6. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G38)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.03.12-10:30am PST     (1G42)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G43)


Resources     (1H)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1H19)