From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: Metadata Workshop-III - Fri 2011_05_27     (1)

Topic: OOR Metadata Workshop-III     (1A)

Session Chair: MichaelGruninger     (1B)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1C4G)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1C4I)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert agenda ideas below ...     (1E1)

  • Michael Grüninger: For this session ...     (1E2)
    • Our goal is to evaluate the adequacy of OMV for OOR metadata.     (1E2A)
    • Our current objective is to determine the different relationships among ontologies within OOR.     (1E2B)
    • We will discuss two potential areas that can supply candidate ontologies -- time ontologies and geospatial ontologies.     (1E2C)
  • Peter: continue to explore what resources are needed to define a minimal set of metadata requirements for implementation into OOR-gatekeeping (so we can move from OOR-sandbox to OOR-production, and be able to stand up both servers); and solicit volunteers     (1E3)

References     (1F)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Key items for review and discussion today:     (1G9)

Today's (2011.05.27) agenda:     (1G11)

  • Our goal is to evaluate the adequacy of OMV for OOR metadata.     (1G12)
  • Our current objective is to determine the different relationships among ontologies within OOR.     (1G13)
  • We will discuss two potential areas that can supply candidate ontologies -- time ontologies and geospatial ontologies.     (1G14)

3.2 Discussion:     (1G15)

  • continue to explore what resources are needed to define a minimal set of metadata requirements for implementation into OOR-gatekeeping (so we can move from OOR-sandbox to OOR-production, and be able to stand up both servers); and solicit volunteers     (1G19)

3.3 ===IM Chat Transcript captured during the session===     (1G20)

see raw transcript here.     (1G21)

(for better clarity, the version below is a re-organized and lightly edited chat-transcript.)     (1G22)

Participants are welcome to make light edits to their own contributions as they see fit.     (1G23)

-- begin in-session chat-transcript --     (1G24)

Welcome to the OpenOntologyRepository Metadata Workshop-III - Fri 2011_05_27     (1G25)

Topic: OOR Metadata Workshop-III     (1G26)

Tim Darr: Tim Darr joining     (1G30)

Michael Grüninger: tackling real use cases ...     (1G32)

Michael Grüninger: (from our last metadata workshop 2011.05.13) Mike Bennett: Time ontology efforts: W3C time; OMG draft work;     (1G33)

Mayo Clinic (Cui Tao, paper at ICBO in Buffalo in July); FpML derived time terms; our own draft terms ...     (1G34)

[06:44] Mike Bennett: Pat Hayes: Catalog of Temporal Theories     (1G35)

Michael Grüninger: Mike Bennett: Geographical ontologies would be a very useful area to align and cross reference ontologies     (1G36)

(for instance UN-FAO has very specific scope; ISO 3166 has no axioms; GeoNames?...     (1G37)

Michael Grüninger: Gary will provide a list of existing standards that are related to geospatial concepts and ontologies     (1G38)

Michael Grüninger: USGS "toy ontologies" for domains such as hydrology     (1G39)

Michael Grüninger: SWEET (http://sweet.jpl.nasa.gov/) Semantic Web for Earth and Environmental Terminology     (1G40)

GaryBergCross: See http://www.knoodl.com/ui/groups/SOCoP_INTEROP for some of the SWEET modules I placed there in prep for VoCAmp.     (1G42)

Peter P. Yim: [action] Ken Baclawski, Mike Dean and GaryBergCross will coordinate to get the OOR-sandbox up again (with some of the     (1G43)

illustrative ontology contents) to be available during the SOCoP Vo Camp next week (Jun-3 & 4, 2011 at Washington, DC)     (1G44)

anonymous morphed into Todd Schneider     (1G45)

Mike Dean: Need for Geospatial and other ontology categories needed and reflected in previous discussions. It may be helpful     (1G46)

for users to be able to create their own categories. This is an existing use case.     (1G47)

GaryBergCross: Note that SWEET also has some time modules such as http://sweet.jpl.nasa.gov/2.2/quanTime.owl     (1G50)

Mike Dean: better link for Geospatial Ontology Trade Study http://projects.semwebcentral.org/docman/?group_id=84     (1G52)

Peter P. Yim: next meeting - Fri Jun-3: regular OOR-team meeting (chair: LeoObrst)     (1G53)

... Fri Jun-10: no meeting     (1G54)

... Fri Jun-17: OOR Architecture & API workshop (co-chairs: Ken Baclawski & ToddSchneider)     (1G55)

... (tentative) Thu Jun-23 & Fri Jun-24: ISO 18763 with Elisa Kendall / Evan Wallace (chair: MichaelGruninger)     (1G56)

Peter P. Yim: -- session ended: 7:02am PDT --     (1G57)

-- end of in-session chat-transcript --     (1G58)

4. Any Other Business:     (1G59)

5. Action items:     (1G60)

6. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G62)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.05.27-7:43am PDT     (1G66)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G67)


Resources     (1H)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1H15)