From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Development Workshop-VI - Tue 2011_11_22     (1)

This is our "Getting OOR Development Going - Take VI" workshop which we will devote to the topic of how we should be organized to getting real OOR-related open source software development work going ...     (1A)

Topic: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take VI"     (1B)

Session Chair: MikeDean     (1C)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1D6)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1D6A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1D6B)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the [ slides above] (where applicable) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1D6C)
    • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field from "anonymous" to your real name, like "JaneDoe").     (1D7A)
    • You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (1D7B)
    • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. gtalk) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) ontolog_20111122@soaphub.org ... Handy for mobile devices!     (1D7C)
  • Discussions and Q & A:     (1D8)
    • Nominally, when a presentation is in progress, the moderator will mute everyone, except for the speaker.     (1D8A)
    • To un-mute, press "*7" ... To mute, press "*6" (please mute your phone, especially if you are in a noisy surrounding, or if you are introducing noise, echoes, etc. into the conference line.)     (1D8B)
    • we will usually save all questions and discussions till after all presentations are through. You are encouraged to jot down questions onto the chat-area in the mean time (that way, they get documented; and you might even get some answers in the interim, through the chat.)     (1D8C)
    • During the Q&A / discussion segment (when everyone is muted), If you want to speak or have questions or remarks to make, please raise your hand (virtually) by clicking on the "hand button" (lower right) on the chat session page. You may speak when acknowledged by the session moderator (again, press "*7" on your phone to un-mute). Test your voice and introduce yourself first before proceeding with your remarks, please. (Please remember to click on the "hand button" again (to lower your hand) and press "*6" on your phone to mute yourself after you are done speaking.)     (1D8D)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the community.)     (1D9)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1D11)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1D13)

Attendees     (1F)

  • Expecting:     (1F2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1F3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1G)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1G1)

  • Identifying issues that are holding back the OOR-oss-dev work     (1G2)
  • Review what it takes to develop upon BioPortal's existing development framework     (1G3)
  • Refine how we should move development forward from here     (1G4)
  • Task distribution and getting organized     (1G5)
  • Action planning (with consensus milestones)     (1G6)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1H)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1H4)

2. Roll Call:     (1H8)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1H11)

4. Key items for review and discussion today     (1H13)

Topic: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take VI"     (1H13A)

5. Getting Organized:     (1H13H)

6. Action items:     (1H13J)

  • [2011.11.22]: Peter to start a Nov-29 preparation email thread with Ken, Todd, Ray et al. to tie down the agenda for the 11/29 session     (1H13K)
  • [2011.11.22]: Brian will post wiki link to HaroldSolbrig's metadata cross-walk work ... and Michael will invite Harold to present that work on Dec-13 for us     (1H13L)

7. Any Other Business:     (1H13M)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1H13N)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.11.08-10:03am PST     (1H13R)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1H13S)


Resources     (1I)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1I16)