From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Infrastructure Workshop - Tue 2011_12_13     (1)

Topic: OOR Infrastructure Workshop: "Finalizing the OOR_SandBox upgrade (Dec-2011)"     (1A)

Session chair: PeterYim     (1B)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1C6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1C8)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

Attendees     (1F)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G4)

2. Roll Call:     (1G8)

3. Key items for review and discussion today     (1G11)

... (KenBaclawski and Todd Schneider too, but possibly for different issues.)     (1G11C)

  • customization issues review/discussion     (1G11D)
    • color - shall we customize (now color changed - no more gradient; need revised logo images) [KenBaclawski to contact AliHashemi]     (1G11D1)
    • "twitter", "facebook" icons and presence?     (1G11D2)
    • examples (shadowed labels) in search box, etc. -- customize [KenBaclawski]     (1G11D3)
    • "categories" - reviewed, slightly updated. [MikeDean will put in place onto "oor-03"]     (1G11D4)
  • planning additional instances of OOR     (1G11E)
    • after oor-03, CIM3 is planning to bring up two more instances (one for dev baseline, and one for socop) ... the devbox will be hosted from the cim3-sm1 location (where Peter has more ready access), and the other two instances will be hosted at the cim3-fmt1 (datacenter) facility     (1G11E1)
  • content planning and possible issues review/discussion     (1G11F)
    • customized "categorization" and more testing need to be in place before we make content drive ... we'll do the latter after we return in Jan-2012     (1G11F1)
  • code contribution planning and possible issues review/discussion ... (discussion deferred)     (1G11G)
  • Getting us to a stage when we can run a OOR-production box ... (discussion deferred)     (1G11H)

Peter P. Yim: Welcome to the ...     (1G11J)

OOR Infrastructure Workshop - Tue 2011_12_06     (2)

Topic: OOR Infrastructure Workshop: "Finalizing the OOR_SandBox upgrade (Dec-2011)"     (2A)

Session chair: Peter P. Yim     (2B)

Proceedings:     (2C)

Todd Schneider: Is the OOR-sandbox URL still the same?     (2C1)

Peter P. Yim: [action] Peter to point oor.net - OOR Homepage     (2C3)

Mike Dean: suggest using cname on DNS to redirect     (2C4)

Mike Dean: at the top of the OOR homepage - let's list the various instances of OOR for quick access     (2C5)

Ken Baclawski: [action] I will look at the i18n customization to see if it supports specifying     (2C7)

a background color.     (2C8)

Ken Baclawski: I will ask Ali to select a suitable background color and texture for the logo.     (2C9)

Mike Dean: [ACTION] (Mike): update categories on new instance     (2C10)

Ken Baclawski: [action] Look for non-biomedical terminology and replace example terms with     (2C12)

dublin core or FOAF (social networking) terms.     (2C13)

Peter P. Yim: after oor-03, CIM3 is planning to bring up two more instances (one for dev baseline,     (2C14)

and one for socop)     (2C15)

Peter P. Yim: Peter will keep the devbox at the cim3-sm1 location     (2C16)

Peter P. Yim: the other two instances will be hosted at the cim3-fmt1 facility     (2C17)

Mike Dean: When I created my account (mdean) and clicked Create, I got an error but the account     (2C18)

was created. I recall this happening last time as well. It would be great if others could     (2C19)

also create accounts and report their experiences.     (2C20)

Ken Baclawski: When I try to create a new account I get an internal error. I will check with     (2C21)

Tejas about this.     (2C22)

Peter P. Yim: customized "categorization" and more testing need to be in place before we make content drive     (2C23)

Peter P. Yim: [action] customized "categorization" and more testing in December     (2C24)

Peter P. Yim: when we come back in January, we will start the content drive - starting     (2C25)

from out 2012_01_03 OOR team meeting (first meeting in the year)     (2C26)

Peter P. Yim: [decision] no meeting 2012.01.03 ... first OOR team Meeting of the year 2012.01.10     (2C28)

... Metadata workshop 2012.01.17     (2C29)

Peter P. Yim: all Tuesdays, same time     (2C30)

Peter P. Yim: -- session ended: 9:21am PST --     (2C31)

4. pertinent discussions (below) from previous meetings ... (some material may already be outdated; so, for reference only!)     (2C32)

  • OOR-sandbox, devbox and socop-box status update ... below     (2C33)
    • Peter reported status of the OOR-sandbox install issues, which should be close to being resolved     (2C33A)

... Notes below are from previous meeting(s), and will be updated as this meeting progresses.     (2C34)

  • Getting us to a stage when members can contribute code ... how, ETA?     (2C43)
    • (discussion 2011.05.06):     (2C43A)
      • an adopted Architecture & API is definitely crucial, but that's not all     (2C43A1)
    • All team members are encouraged to mull over how we can get to that state effectively     (2C43B)
      • in particular ... how do we make this a "successful" community-driven, open source project!?     (2C43B1)
    • (discussion 2011.06.03) ...     (2C43C)
  • Action planning for "soliciting" content (getting people to upload ontologies)     (2C47)

5. Any Other Business:     (2C48)

  • Michael Grüninger: we will devote the entire next metadata workshop session to the ORWG presentations and discussions ... will re-schedule the financial metadata session with Mike Bennett for a different date.     (2C50)
  • [decision] no meeting 2012.01.03 ... first OOR team Meeting of the year 2012.01.10 ... Metadata workshop 2012.01.17     (2C51)

6. Action items:     (2C52)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (2C54)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.12.13-9:39am PST     (2C59)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (2C60)


Resources     (2D)

  • the Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series:     (2D14)
    • 2011_10_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-1: Introducing the ISO NP 17347 "Ontology Integration and Interoperability (OntoIOp)" Standardization Effort - Co-chairs: John Bateman & Michael Grüninger - ConferenceCall_2011_10_20     (2D14A)
    • 2011_11_03 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-2: Invited Speaker: Elisa Kendall on "Ontology-Related Metadata Standards" - Co-chairs: Michael Grüninger & John Bateman - ConferenceCall_2011_11_03     (2D14B)
    • 2011_12_15 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-3: "ISO/IEC 24707 Common Logic and IKL" - Co-chairs: Michael Grüninger & John Bateman - ConferenceCall_2011_12_15     (2D14C)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (2D21)