From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-01     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E6)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E9)

Since work up the next level of details on the upcoming 5 virtual sessions is top urgent, and will need as much time as we can afford today, let's just focus on that for this meeting (and drop the other regular agenda items for today.)     (1E11)
... for continuity, please check out the proceedings of the last OOR-team meeting at: OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_08_20     (1E12)
  • 1. Prepare and adopt an OOR system architecture     (1E14)
    • define and adopt a set of API's     (1E14A)
    • define and adopt the set of ontology metadata (as an extension of OMV) that authors of the ontology are required to provide when they upload ontologies to the OOR     (1E14B)
  • 2. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1E15)
  • 3. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1E16)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code     (1E16A)
    • clarify IPR issues related to Ontology & OOR and adopt a consensus IPR policy for OOR contributions     (1E16B)
    • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1E16C)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage content stewards and have them contribute ontologies to our public instance of OOR     (1E16D)
  • 4. systematically solicit content contributions     (1E17)
  • 5. get the work funded     (1E18)
  • 6. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1E19)
  • 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach     (1E20)

... [decision] consensus to adopt the above as updated     (1E21)

  • Review and invoke follow-up actions on the three recent major events:     (1E22)
    • just "Simplified BSD" or accepting more than one "gift" licenses for codes?     (1E23A)
    • review, discussion and concluding ...     (1E23B)
      • we will make every attempt to convince contributors to go with the default "Simplified BSD" "gift" license     (1E23B1)
      • we will remove MIT and Apache from the mix     (1E23B2)
      • we will add a bullet to accept libraries, which can be used by OOR, or contributed by their authors to the OOR initiative, when such are under licenses like Apache or LGPL, or any of the abovementioned "gift" licenses ("Simplified BSD", [[FreeBSD]], Mozilla & Eclipse.)     (1E23B3)
      • as much as possible, we will try to modularize the code, so that each module would be under one license     (1E23B4)
      • other open source or open content licensing possibilities will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis     (1E23B5)
    • do we float the "no software patents" position?     (1E23C)
  • the "CL support for OOR" session - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     (1E24)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and API discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1E24A)

4. Any Other Business:     (1E30)

5. Action items:     (1E31)

6. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E32)

  • Next Meeting:     (1E33)
    • our next regular team call, Fri 2010.10.15 - see details session page at: OOR/ConferenceCall _2010_10_15     (1E33A)
    • Michael Grüninger has advised that, with this school term (between now and December), he has a class at 12:00~1:00pm ET. ... suggesting start-time change from 12:00pm to either 1:00pm or 1:30pm ET .... discussion - no conclusion:     (1E33B)
      • before deciding ... Peter to do a doodle poll and find out from the key players what time (on Fridays) would work best, and move our standard time slot.     (1E33B1)
    • Note: earlier resolution: all team members please (if possible) block out Fridays 1.5 Hr starting 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1E33C)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.10.01-10:39am PDT     (1E36)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E37)


Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F20)