From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2008-05-09     (1)

  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • (please insert content above; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E2)

Agenda and Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F7)

  • Immediate action items:     (1F17)
    • Peter to setup a brainstorming call between established grantees and agencies who may be supportive of this endeavor - still outstanding     (1F17A)

To be covered:     (1F19)

  • Resources and Funding: - mostly from previous discussions     (1F22)
  • Funding: getting organized     (1F23)
    • possibilities - government agencies (NSF?, NIST?, whoever would fund open infrastructure, DARPA, IARPA (Jeff), ... etc.); EU funders; Vulcan (Mark)?; bring in W3C in a exploratory (XG) working group (e.g. Semantic Web Deployment) (although they are a funding sink rather than a funding source; but good for visibility);        (1F23A)
    • grant proposal team(s) / submit proposal(s) to     (1F23B)
    • Frank: NSF next solicitations due July-1, interop, data network partners, programs coming back     (1F23C)
    • try contacting Todd Hughes and see if DARPA is a possibility (Leo)     (1F23D)
    • Peter: consider multiple smalls proposals and a big one ($20 million +/-) to make OOR a sustainable OOR operation     (1F23E)
    • consider Foundations, and institutions like Vulcan (Peter).     (1F23F)
      • Peter: Mark G already responded that funding chances are low, but possibility of collaboration with HALO ontologies hosted on OOR     (1F23F1)
    • Fabian: the climate at NIST (now that they are hosting the summit on this particular theme) would be conducive ... we should ping Steve on this.     (1F23G)
    • we should set aside some off-line time to discuss this when some of us are at the summit F2F     (1F23H)
      • Peter: this never got done because the communique editing process ate into the time we were planning to do it see bullet under immediate action items above)     (1F23H1)
  • Use Cases & Requirements     (1F24)
    • soliciting 'early adopter' partners who can offer up their ontologies, help refine requirements, and provide user feedback.     (1F24A)
    • the immediate people should be projects represented by those the two joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Requirements panel discussion sessions (3/27 & 4/3/2008)     (1F24B)
    • Kate to champion     (1F24C)
  • Organization & Process <--we said we will defer the discussion after the summit workshop     (1F25)
    • need to clearly identify team membership: active members vs. observers; and, more importantly, who are voting (decision making) members?     (1F25A)
      • Active members: those who will be (a) building the OOR, and (b) those who will be early adopters with content (open ontologies) AND have specific requirement input to provide -- does that sound good? (Yes: Peter, Bruce, Fabian)     (1F25A1)
      • will need to deliberate on this when we have more people on the call ... and/or doing it through the mailing list     (1F25A2)
    • how shall we organize ourselves? ... sub-workgroups? how many? <--(discussion deferred to next meeting)     (1F25B)
    • relationship to Ontolog? sponsors? funders?     (1F25C)
      • discussion postponed until we have a clearer approach toward funding     (1F25C1)
    • Peter to champion     (1F25D)

4. New Issues:     (1F27)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F28)

6. Action items:     (1F29)

  • All members on the oor-team should contact the sub-group champions within the next few days if they want to sign up     (1F30)
  • the champions should coordinate their area, move things forward and report back at the next call.     (1F31)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F32)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.05.09-09:57am PDT     (1F36)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F37)


Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G17)