From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-05-29     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009.05.29, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F7)

Suggested topics to be covered:     (1F10)

  • recap of the developers informal call on May-21     (1F16)
    • Peter: 9 people were at the call; intros; new update going into production on Jun-12; hold off real development work until that is in place     (1F16A)
    • Michael: "ontology load manager"; OMV-based metadata ontology; Eclipse, myEclipse plugin; ruby-on-rail;     (1F16B)
    • Misha: can provide more details if anyone needs them     (1F16C)
    • Ken: web services; now only supporting REST;     (1F16D)
  • Introducing the software development folks'     (1F18)
    • Misha: lead web architect for NCBO, writing codes too ...     (1F18A)
    • Benjamin: main NCBO contacts - Mark Musen: PI; Misha Dorf: main technical contact, especially on code; Natasha Noy: key contact on requirements     (1F18B)
      • after Jun-12 update release, will create a *branch* for OOR;     (1F18B1)
      • Benjamin leaving for a industrial position after Jun-3; we wish him all the best and hope he continues to stay on the OOR project which is open to all     (1F18B2)
    • Darren: starting Master program under Michael Grüninger; will be working on the piece to add CL / FOL capability     (1F18C)
    • Bart: will be engaged in OOR; ontology mapping; ruby-on-rail experience; in Toronto and can connect up with Gruninger's team easily     (1F18D)
    • discussion: process / policy     (1F18E)
    • Mike / Benjamin / Peter: will take the process / policy over email ... try to tie the initial process down before Jun-12     (1F18F)
      • Misha will talk to Natasha - poosibly provide us with the existing BioPortal process; and we can build out from there     (1F18F1)
    • possibly setting up a regular sync-up call schedule for the developers     (1F18G)
      • Peter: suggestion - when development work is in full steam, maybe we can do regular Friday calls, alternating between the OOR-team and OOR-dev-team     (1F18G1)
    • Bart: how does one get involved with contributing to code development work     (1F18H)
  • Potential for collaboration with the geospatial ontology folks - Nancy Wiegand / GaryBergCross     (1F19)
    • Nancy: intro; SOCoP - submitting a grant proposal to NSF again; possibility of using OOR for their work     (1F19A)
    • Gary: intro - SOCoP secretary; use of ontology repository for interoperability, social aspect of sharing;     (1F19B)
    • Mike: welcome the collaboration; probably some additional features needed to support geospatial ontologies     (1F19C)
    • K: how much data will be involved .. using data.gov?     (1F19D)
      • Gary: possibly using some USGS data (K: which is already linked to data.gov)     (1F19D1)
    • Nancy: supporting data store ... or just ontologies     (1F19E)
    • Todd: OOR not supposed to provide data store ... but can consider a extension project to work on     (1F19F)
    • Nancy: is the infrastructure stable ... and expected to be around for many years?     (1F19G)
    • Gary: Nancy is the PI; proposal due in July;     (1F19H)
    • Ken: already has a grant ... can share some of the language used ... Nancy will contact Ken     (1F19I)
  • Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel sessions ... on deck:     (1F21)
    • Peter (2009.05.15): I'm working with the Stanford-BMIR folks to possibly run an session to update everyone on recent changes and improvements on Protege / webProtege / BioPortal / CODS / OOR-sandbox ... and how they work together, now and in the near future ... this is more a OOR user and content providers' session and could go right before Benjamin's OOR implementers and developers' session - date needs to be rescheduled to July-2009     (1F21A)
    • panel session on "BioPortal-based ontology repository implementation and development" - champion: BenjaminDai - date needs to be rescheduled to July-2009     (1F21B)
    • panel session on "OOR Research Issues" - champion: Ken Baclawski - the Thu 25-Jun-2009 date needs to be rescheduled     (1F21C)
  • Ken Baclawski: "Research Issues in Ontology Repositories Workshop" proposal for ISWC2009 - proposal went in 2009.05.01     (1F23)
    • organizing committee for this workshop - co-chair Ken & K     (1F23A)
    • program committee for this workshop - Ken, Mike, Leo, Peter, K, Bart, Bruce ... and others     (1F23B)
    • Ken: we are expecting to hear back from ISWC organizers by May-22     (1F23C)
    • Peter / Ken: Natasha Noy has also submitted a related proposal ... Natasha and Ken has since been in contact and they feel both proposals are complementary     (1F23D)
    • Ken / 2009.05.29 - our proposal has been turned down - reason: "no room"     (1F23E)
      • Ken / Mike: if Natasha's get accepted maybe we can horn OOR in (by submitting a paper to her workshop)     (1F23E1)

4. New Issues:     (1F28)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F29)

6. Action items:     (1F30)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F32)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2009.05.29-10:49am PDT     (1F36)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F37)


Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G19)