From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-02-06     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009.02.06, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6pm CET / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

... please refer to proceedings of the last meeting at: OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_23     (1B)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1C5)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1C5A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1C5B)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1C6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1C8)

Attendees     (1E)

  • Expecting:     (1E2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1E2A)

Agenda Ideas     (1F)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1F1)

  • preparing for the Thu Feb-19 "Getting OOR Development off the ground - Take-2" panel discussion session     (1F2)
  • standing up a first public instance of the OOR     (1F3)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1G7)

Suggested topics to be covered:     (1G12)

standing up a first public instance of the OOR     (1G13)

preparing for the Thu Feb-19 "Getting OOR Development off the ground - Take-2" panel discussion session     (1G16)

  • Todd Schneider: is laying out the requirements (a lot based on the summit communique, which provided somewhat of a vision statement on where we are heading) and will chair the upcoming "Getting OOR Development off the ground - Take-2" panel discussion session     (1G17)
  • 19-Feb-2009 virtual panel session date confirmed     (1G18)
  • Panel: Todd Schneider (requirements and partitioning of tasks), Mark Musen (public OOR instance), Enrico Motta / Mathieu Daquin (NeOn collaboration), Paul Buitelaar, Natasha Noy / Peter Haase (Metadata / OMV), Michael Grüninger (FOL considerations), Ken Baclawski, Mike Dean (have conflict that day, but will join partially) ... (--updated: ppy/2009.02.10)     (1G19)
  • Ravi: semantic richness on the metadata     (1G20)
  • Ken: already on a funded OOR-related project; working with the Bio-Banking project - since this is mainly with EU participants, multilingual support is key there ... will talk about this issue (among others) at the panel     (1G21)
  • Mark: (on Todd's request) will provide the BioPortal architecture information     (1G22)
  • Peter: suggest that Mike, Michael and Benjamin to work offline on architectural alignment prior to the panel session     (1G23)
  • Peter to write Enrico with copy to Mark     (1G24)

Notes below are from the previous meeting(s):     (1G25)

  • partitioning the join OOR-Ontolog mini-series championship effort     (1G28)
    • Peter to try resuming conversation with the rest of the champions and report back at the next call     (1G28A)

4. New Issues:     (1G34)

5. Any Other Business:     (1G35)

6. Action items:     (1G36)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G38)

  • Next Meeting:     (1G39)
    • next meeting will be on Thu 2009.02.19 - 2.0 Hr. starting 10:30am PST / 1:30pm EST / 7:30pm CET / 18:30 UTC     (1G39A)
    • next OOR-team meeting will be on Fri 2009.03.06 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT     (1G39B)
      • please refer to developing details on the session page at: ConferenceCall_2009_02_19     (1G39B1)
    • Note: earlier resolution: all team members please (if possible) block out Fridays 1.5 Hr starting 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1G39C)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2009.02.06-9:59am PST     (1G42)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G43)


Resources     (1H)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1H18)