From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-03-05     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A7)

Attendees     (1C)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E8)

  • Review of our priority list:     (1E11)
    • 1. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors ... [All]     (1E11A)
    • 2. set up policies and process for contributing to OOR work     (1E11B)
      • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code ... [champion: MikeDean]     (1E11B1)
      • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production ... [champion: KenBaclawski]     (1E11B2)
      • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage content stewards and have them contribute ontologies to our public instance of OOR     (1E11B3)
    • 3. systematically solicit content contributions     (1E11C)
    • 4. get the work funded ... [champion: KenBaclawski]     (1E11D)
    • 5. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track ... [All]     (1E11E)
    • 6. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach ... [All]     (1E11F)

... some of the items below are from the previous call(s), and will be updated as we progressed on this meeting.     (1E17)

  • planning for upcoming virtual panel sessions on (i) Content, (ii) Use Cases, and (iii) IPR     (1E22)
    • Content Panel - candidate co-champions: Pat Cassidy, Denise Bedford ... (AldoGangemi (Michael will contact)?)     (1E22A)
        • Q1. how are we related to other similar work? ... Peter explained the relationship between BioPortal and OOR     (1E22A1A)
        • Q2. any discussion on how ontologies will be indexed? ... Mike: reference made to Ontology Summit 2008     (1E22A1B)
        • Pat will help upload some ontologies to the OOR-sandbox (v.2) in the near future -- those he uploaded previously to the v.1 sandbox, updated, and add ontologies like SUMO (in OWL), etc.     (1E22A1C)
        • Pat: suggest we add a link to swoogle (and other ontology search engine) too, to allow people to search, both within and without the OOR.     (1E22A1D)
        • Peter suggest we be aware that we need the entire content spectrum from ontology-light to FOL-ontologies     (1E22A1E)
        • Pat will contact Denise and come back with a date selection within a week -- candidate date Mar-25     (1E22A1F)
    • Use Cases Panel-2 - candidate co-champion: Ken Baclawski & Todd Schneider to move ahead (Ken wasn't able to reach KGoodier)     (1E22B)
    • candidate date Apr-1 (but will consider moving up to mar-25 if Pat & Denise gives up on that date)     (1E22C)
    • Michael suggest that we can make it "more friendly" for content people to use the OOR (by having members of this OOR team provide help and support)     (1E22D)
  • reports on member activities that are OOR-related - see above     (1E29)
  • OOR-work Progress at NEU:     (1E30)
    • Ken: students have produce a few hundred use cases (lots of duplicates, of course) -- not exactly OOR, but related, with emphasis in gatekeeping ... project is actually called "Keeper"     (1E30A)
    • Ken: students are interested in getting their work licensed and published/released.     (1E30B)
      • have instructed student to consider picking some Creative Commons or Open Source Licence     (1E30B1)
  • OOR-work Progress at Raytheon / BBN:     (1E31)
    • Jim: reported on progress with federation work ... (Jim, Dan or Mike: please elaborate here, if you can get around to it.)     (1E31A)
      • Jim's development OOR instance is able to federate from oor-01f (as the remote host) ... it works pretty well (and updates every minute!)     (1E31A1)
      • Jim will be presenting their work on Feb-19     (1E31A2)
    • Mike / Jim: we could offer this back to the BioPortal folks, and this could be discussed during the Feb-19 session     (1E31B)

4. New Issues:     (1E37)

5. Any Other Business:     (1E38)

6. Action items:     (1E39)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E40)

  • Next Meeting:     (1E41)
    • next regular team call, same time, Fri 2010.03.19 - see details session page at: OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_03_19     (1E41A)
    • ref. discussion above, we will also have, on 2010_03_12- Friday: OOR - special "Content" Panel Session Planning Call - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_03_12        (1E41B)
    • Note: earlier resolution: all team members please (if possible) block out Fridays 1.5 Hr starting 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1E41C)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.03.05-10:54am PST     (1E44)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E45)


Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F19)