From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2008-06-20     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2008.06.20, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 16:00 UTC     (1A)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session) will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1B5)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1B5A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1B5B)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B8)

Attendees     (1D)

    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • Peter: establishing our short-term action plans     (1E1)
  • Peter / Leo / Mike: a possible "Prototype Review: Synergies and Gaps" session - Jun-27 or Jul-11?     (1E2)
  • Funding approaches     (1E3)

(please insert your suggested agenda items here)     (1E4)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F7)

Further to the discussion at our May-9 call and subsequent announcement, breakout subgroups will report back on their discussions/recommendations in the following four major areas:     (1F12)
  • Resource & Funding - Ken Baclawski     (1F14)
    • Ken: submitted an NIH proposal earlier, and got a pretty good score - '154 (out of 500) with 1~150 being 'must fund.'     (1F14A)
    • Mike / Peter: reminding everyone of Mike's earlier suggestion (in his summit roadmap presentation) that we all try to submit proposals making reference to 'OOR' to build up a momentum     (1F14B)
      • Mike: when we have more of these, we can have a webpage listing them     (1F14B1)
    • More (possible) funding sources:     (1F14C)
    • Ken: OOR being infrastructure ... proposals for government grants would probably need to be made in relation to projects that meet specific grant criteria (and not proposed as 'OOR' per se)     (1F14D)
      • Frank cited an interesting example from an earlier Protege conference (2005), and would find the presentation to share with everyone - Frank will post to [oor-forum]     (1F14D1)
      • Ken / Michelle / etc. - just "interoperability" is already 'saleable' ... outside of the academic research arena     (1F14D2)
    • Ken will share the language he used as a reference to the rest of the team     (1F14E)
    • Ken: consider levels of participation - stratification and what that entails - will talk about this at the next call     (1F14F)

4. New Issues:     (1F17)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F18)

6. Action items:     (1F19)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F21)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.06.20-10:16am PDT     (1F25)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F26)


Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G19)