From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-06-11     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

Attendees     (1C)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E6)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E9)

  • Review of our priority list: ... (skipping discussion this time, due to long agenda)     (1E12)
    • 1. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors ... [All]     (1E12A)
    • 2. set up policies and process for contributing to OOR work     (1E12B)
      • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code ... [champion: MikeDean]     (1E12B1)
      • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production ... [champion: KenBaclawski]     (1E12B2)
      • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage content stewards and have them contribute ontologies to our public instance of OOR     (1E12B3)
    • 3. systematically solicit content contributions [champions: Pat Cassidy & DeniseBedford]     (1E12C)
    • 4. get the work funded ... [champion: KenBaclawski]     (1E12D)
    • 5. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track ... [All]     (1E12E)
    • 6. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach ... [All]     (1E12F)

Key items for discussion at this call:     (1E13)

  1. upgrading to BioPortal v2.5     (1E14)
    • want to update the OOR-sandbox asap awaiting a response from Paul Alexander or anyone from NCBO or Stanford-BMIR (to give us the tag# of the code to install)     (1E15A)
    • beware of the demo at SemTech on Thu 2010.06.24 ... we don't want the OOR-sandbox to be down that day     (1E15B)
    • Peter will talk to Natasha et al. to find out status, and get a recommendation on whether or not we should do the upgrade to the OOR-sandbox before or after the SemTech demo.     (1E15C)
  1. installation support - vm install images; install scripts     (1E16)
    • install templates, image downloads etc. will be at <oor-00.cim3.net>     (1E17A)
      • Ken: NEU will possibly provide a mirror site to serve downloads too     (1E17A1)
    • Ken: some issues     (1E17B)
      • we'll be supporting both VMware and Xen, on guest OS: [[CentOS]]     (1E17B1)
      • supporting 32-bit single cpu; 2GB ram requirement;     (1E17B2)
      • stock content: pizza, UCDO (use cases description ontology)     (1E17B3)
        • Todd also suggests BFO and DOLCE (Pat: the latter is only useful in FOL with its axioms)     (1E17B3A)
        • Peter: would love to host an owl version of COSMO when Pat feels comfortable to     (1E17B3B)
      • Mike: offering to do testing for the image (as a local backup for the upcoming demo) - running VMware on the MAC     (1E17B4)
      • what version will be have images for: in the beginning it will be driven by this group (people coming to the OOR-team meeting)     (1E17B5)
      • Mike: please look into the ability to help load existing contents quickly (on top of stock contents)     (1E17B6)
  1. a brief on the ORES-2010 workshop [AlexGarcia, Mathieu Daquin, Christoph Lange, KimViljanen et al.]     (1E18)
  1. intro of OOR-related work that's starting at ORNL [LinePouchard, Mouna Kettani, et al.]     (1E20)
  1. organization and planning status on the Joint OOR-NCBO-Ontolog "IPR" Panel Sessions ... and picking dates for the session(s) - Peter P. Yim, Cameron Ross, Dave Rubenson     (1E22)
  1. organization and planning status on the two tracks of the "Content" Panel Sessions ... and picking new labels and dates - Pat Cassidy & Denise Bedford     (1E24)
  2. Schedule a next OOR-SIO panel session     (1E25)
  1. reports on member activities that are OOR-related     (1E27)

... some of the items on the page now are from the previous call(s), and will be updated as we progressed on this meeting.     (1E30)

  • IPR issues and the planning of an "IPR" Panel Session for both OOR & BioPortal that we will scheduled into the not-too-distant future     (1E32)
    • Cameron Ross will be joining Mark, Dave Rubenson and Peter P. Yim to help get these session organized     (1E32A)
    • John Bateman: Open question: has the IPR issue been discussed with respect to the content of the OOR yet? I would think that ontologies, ontology modules and links between modules (in the form of more or less complex bundles of mappings) may need to be fixed with ownership/distribution and use licenses despite the first O in OOR... is this considered?     (1E32B)
  • OOR-work Progress at NEU:     (1E37)
    • Ken: students have produce a few hundred use cases (lots of duplicates, of course) -- not exactly OOR, but related, with emphasis in gatekeeping ... project is actually called "Keeper"     (1E37A)
    • Ken: students are interested in getting their work licensed and published/released.     (1E37B)
      • have instructed student to consider picking some Creative Commons or Open Source Licence     (1E37B1)
    • Ken/2010.04.16: use cases description ontology now online     (1E37C)
    • Ken/2010.04.16: gatekeeping codes will be ready fairly soon     (1E37D)
  • OOR-work Progress at Raytheon-BBN:     (1E38)
    • Jim: reported on progress with federation work ... (Jim, Dan or Mike: please elaborate here, if you can get around to it.)     (1E38A)
      • Jim's development OOR instance is able to federate from oor-01f (as the remote host) ... it works pretty well (and updates every minute!)     (1E38A1)
      • Jim will be presenting their work on Feb-19     (1E38A2)
    • Mike / Jim: we could offer this back to the BioPortal folks, and this could be discussed during the Feb-19 session     (1E38B)
    • Mike/2010.03.19: Jim and Dan has left BBN, therefore no new development for a little while     (1E38C)
      • next move is to migrate the BBN SVN content to semwebcentral (but probably not within the next two weeks)     (1E38C1)
    • Todd/2010.04.16 - still need to stand up an instance at Raytheon ... can't quite access the BBN instance yet     (1E38D)
  • SIO Project     (1E43)
    • try to come up with more clarity as to what should be discussed under SIO and/or OOR (ONTOLOG too, for that matter) and possibly even start a fix meeting schedule for SIO-dev work     (1E43A)
    • Cameron: we probably should wait till we have the SIO Mission Statement from John F. Sowa before trying to make this conversation     (1E43B)
    • Peter: since [sio-dev] is intended for implementation level conversation, and we aren't quite implementing things yet, maybe most of the discussions that are going on at [sio-dev] now actually belongs to [ontolog-forum] (those specific to OOR may possibly be on [oor-forum]) and then we should only start using [sio-dev] after we have started to implement things (similar to the case on how [oor-dev] is being used.)     (1E43C)

New Issues:     (1E48)

Any Other Business:     (1E49)

Action items:     (1E50)

Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E51)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.06.11-10:40am PDT     (1E55)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E56)


Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F19)