Ontolog Forum

Revision as of 07:18, 9 January 2016 by imported>KennethBaclawski (Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

OKMDS: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Tuesday 11-Mar-2008

  • This is the 16th conference call of the organizing committee for the joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision Support" initiative. The session is expected to be a 1-Hour conference call.

Conference Call Details

  • Date: Tuesday, Mar. 11, 2008
  • Start Time: 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EDT / 17:00 UTC
  • Expected Call Duration: 1.0 hour
  • Dial-in Number:
    • from US: +1-605-475-8590 (South Dakota, USA)
      • Conference ID: "5823120#"
    • Direct call from from Skype: +990008275823120
  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at:
    • view-only password: "ontolog"


Agenda Ideas

  • getting ready for the [OKMDS] session on Thu 2008.03.20 - ref. ConferenceCall_2008_03_20
  • continue with status review on the April~May OKMDS events
  • Peter: shall we take another look on how we are doing, and what else could to be done to make this an even greater success
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)

Agenda & Proceedings

(meeting postponed to 2008.03.25; which was then, further postponed to 2008.04.04)

1. Meeting called to order:

  • _____ took the chair and welcomed everyone
  • _____ volunteered to take minutes of the meeting
  • review and adopt agenda

2. Roll Call:

3. Status of developing issues:

  • scheduled sessions underway:
    • 2008_03_20 - Thursday: OKMDS - "Organizing Science Knowledge for Discovery at NASA" - Panel: Rich Keller, Rob Raskin & Ralph Hodgson - ConferenceCall_2008_03_20   
    • 2008_04_17 - Thursday: OKMDS Panel Discussion: "Knowledge Mapping for Sensemaking" - Jeff Conklin, SimonBuckinghamShum, Eric Yeh & Jack Park - ConferenceCall_2008_04_17   
    • a May session with Yochai Benkler? - t/b confirmed
    • 2008_05_29 - Thursday: OKMDS mini-series Concluding Event - "Connecting People Through Semantics, and OKDMS Series Summary" - Chair/Speakers: Jeanne Holm and Andrew Schain - ConferenceCall_2008_05_29   
  • Outstanding Issue Update: (from last call)
  • Jeanne will prepare a press release for Federal Computer Week and Government Computer News to announce the mini-series.
    • Susan will pass along a contact that might help - done!
      • Jeanne suggested that this could be used to advance networking across upcoming Knowledge Management and Virtual World conferences in April
  • Discussions:
  • ascertaining that everything is still on target for the [OKMDS] session on Thu 2008.03.20 - ref. ConferenceCall_2008_03_20
    • topic: "Organizing Science Knowledge for Discovery"
    • panelists: Rich Keller, Rob Raskin & Ralph Hodgson (need bios and pictures too)
    • session chair: Jeanne Holm
    • all panelists have confirmed and all bios, pictures, slides will be available soon
    • new abstract needed adding R. Hodgson
      • announcement will be sent to Peter by Friday, Feb. 29
  • status review of the [OKMDS] session with Yochai Benkler, author of The Wealth of Networks
    • Susan suggested making the invitation to Yochai for May. His focus would be on open networks of people that challenge conventional thinking of firms as the primary place for effective knowledge management and decision-making toward wealth-making. Susan will check on interest and availability.
    • Date: ??-May-2008 (open dates are 5/8 or even 5/22)
    • Speaker: Yochai Benkler
    • title: ??
    • chair: ??
    • Susan has not pursued this yet, but will report back in two weeks. Jeanne offered the May 29 date, if that's useful.
  • need to tie down the Closing Session for the OKMDS mini-series
    • Andy to clarify topic & panel selection with Jeanne
    • Date confirmed -- 29-May-2008
    • Title: Connecting People Through Semantics, and OKDMS Series Summary
    • Panel: Jeanne Holm & Andrew Schain
    • chair: Jeanne Holm
    • this will be our wrap-up session - therefore great that it will be featuring NASA work too
      • Jeanne and others interested will summarize key lessons and conversations.
        • This forum has informed NASA work and that will be made clear to participants
  • anything else on the [okmds-convene] online discourse?
  • take another look on how we are doing, and what else could to be done to make this an even greater success

5. New Issues:

6. Any Other Business:

7. Action items:

  • Jeanne providing all March details before traveling
  • Jeanne preparing press release to share at Spring conferences
  • Susan report on possible May session
  • Peter P. Yim - suggested that organizers share their reflections at the final session in several bullets each

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:

  • Call adjourned at: _____ am PDT


notes taken by: ______ / 2008.03.11- _____ am PST

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.