Ontolog Forum

UpperOntologySummit - Conveners Conference Call 2006-03-10

Call Details

  • Date: Friday, Mar. 10, 2006
  • Start Time: 20:00 UTC / 12:00 PM PST / 3:00 PM EST / 9:00PM CET (World Clock)
  • Expected Call Duration: ~1.5 hour
  • Dial-in Number: 1-641-696-6600 (Iowa, US)
  • Participant Access Code: "87376#"


  • Regrets:

Agenda (items to be discussed) Ideas

  • goal of this call: reach consensus on the UOS meeting agenda
  • ...(please add suggested items here)...

Agenda & Proceedings

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda

  • Steve Ray takes the chair and welcomed everyone.

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes

3) Roll-call of participants - see above

4) Discussion: reach consensus on the UOS meeting agenda

  • Steve:
    • reiterating what we want to achieve at UOS - public message pronouncement to the public Wed 3/15 pm
    • Wed 3/15 am dialog on applications with potential funders and adopters
    • Tue 3/14 - technical meetings to come to consensus among custodians and conveners
  • UpperOntologySummitMeeting_2006_03_15
    • Mills Davis (20 min) & Doug Lenat (25 min) alloted to bring auidence from value proposition of Ontologies to Upper Ontologies
      • they are speaking on behalf of entire community - conveners to get a chance to discuss this at the Tue 3/14pm meeting
    • each of the 7 or 8 custodians will be speaking for 10 minutes
    • all conveners may possibly have one-on-one interview opportunities with the press (NIST already passed their names on)
  • also agreed:
    • accept above compromise in terms of the agenda
    • Leo Obrst to update the 3/14 agenda accordingly
    • Steve Ray will contact Brand Niemann to update the 3/15am agenda accordingly
    • Steve Ray to update the 3/15pm agenda accordingly
    • Peter P. Yim will post to the [uos-convene] list once all the agendas have been updated

5) Next meeting date and adjournment


above minutes captured on this wiki by Peter P. Yim