From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

[ontolog] Member Conference Call - Thu 2007-03-15     (1)

  • Topic: Ontolog operations planning and review meeting     (1A)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1B5)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1B5A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker or moderator may be avigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the session has started.     (1B5B)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download any pertinent material and run it on your own desktop.     (1B5C)

Attendees     (1C)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

(please insert items you would like to see covered here)     (1D1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda     (1F1)

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes     (1F3)

3) Roll-call of participants     (1F5)

  • Welcome new Ontolog community members     (1F7)
    • we now have ~340 subscribers on the [ontolog-forum] list - these will include the general membership, comprising active members, members and observers     (1F7A)
    • a total of ~450 subscribers on the [ontolog-invitation] list - this is our event announcement list (our membership would be a subset of those who are subscribed here.)     (1F7B)

4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)     (1F8)

  • Scheduled Ontolog Events:     (1F9)
    • Thursday, 29-March-2007 - Dr. Steven Ray (NIST) presented the 5th Event in the Joint NIST-Ontolog-NCOR "Ontology Evaluation & Measurement" Mini-Series - this was a panel session on the subject of "Probabilistic Reasoning and Ontology Evaluation" - Panelists: Professor Kenneth Baclawski, Professor Kathryn Blackmond Laskey, Dr. Paulo Costa & Dr. Terry Janssen ... Please refer to details at the session wiki page at: ConferenceCall_2007_03_29 ... Audio archives of the session is now available!    - awaiting some more details     (1F9A)
    • Thursday, 12-April-2007 - Dr. Matthew West presented the 6th Event in the "Database And Ontology" Mini-Series - Mr. Edward Barkmeyer from NIST was our invited speaker and gave a talk on "Ontologies as the Next Generation Information Models" ... Please refer to details at the session wiki page, at: ConferenceCall_2007_04_12 ... Audio archives of the session is now available!    - awaiting details     (1F9B)
    • Thursday, 12-April-2007 - Dr. Matthew West presented the 6th Event in the "Database And Ontology" Mini-Series - Mr. Edward Barkmeyer from NIST was our invited speaker and gave a talk on "Ontologies as the Next Generation Information Models" ... Please refer to details at the session wiki page, at: ConferenceCall_2007_04_12 ... Audio archives of the session is now available!        (1F9C)

5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues     (1F12)

6) Follow-ups from previous calls     (1F13)

7) Current Project Status Report - item postponed     (1F14)

8) Key Issues discussion:     (1F26)

  • 8b. event planning     (1F28)
    • 29-Mar-2007 "Probabilistic Reasoning and Ontology Evaluation" event - Steve Ray will be out-of-the-country next week, Ken Baclawski will help coordinate. Need final list of panelists, title (hopefully also abstract) of alll the briefing, and biodata of panelists that is still missing (only Terry, as of now.)     (1F28A)
    • 23 & 24-Apr-2007 - Ontology Summit 2007 face-to-face events - Steve will make a post to [ontolog-invitation] when the NIST registration site is ready     (1F28B)
    • 12-Apr-2007, Steve will help remind Ed Barkmeyer that we are still looking to receive his cleaned up talk abstract.     (1F28C)
    • invited (need schedule confirmation): Bill Andersen     (1F28D)
    • (discussed before and) about to invite: Adam Pease (update on one of the most popular talks; KurtConrad), DeborahMcGuinness (on Inference Web; ElisaKendall), Mark Musen (on NCBO and its new "bioportal"; prompted by BarrySmith)     (1F28E)

9) New project proposals     (1F30)

10) Sponsorship and funding     (1F31)

11) Other business     (1F32)

12) Next meeting date and adjourn     (1F33)

  • Our next meeting/call will be the Thu 2007.03.22, ... talk to you then!     (1F34)
  • this call session adjourned 11:19 am PDT     (1F35)

minutes captured in real time on this wiki by Peter P. Yim / 2007.03.15-11:38am PDT     (1F37)

Attendees are requested to review the notes above, help clean it up, and make amendments and edits to better     (1F38)

reflect the proceedings of the session as they see fit (particularly where they are personally involved). =ppy     (1F39)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F40)