From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Tue 2012_02_07     (1)

This is a regular OOR Team meeting. ... please refer to proceedings from the last team meeting at OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_01_10     (1A)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1B5)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1B5A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1B5B)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please point your browser directly to the [ slides] (where applicable) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1B5C)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B7)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B9)

Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F4)

2. Roll Call:     (1F8)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F11)

4. Key items for review and discussion today     (1F13)

  • doing something at OntologySummit2012     (1F13D)
    • Todd will champion OOR by injecting it into any track where it makes sense ... also by way of NCOIC involvement     (1F13D1)
    • Mike will support (technically, especially by way of the socop-oor instance) Nancy and Gary in the collaborative SOCoP-INTEROP / Summit workshop that Nancy is spearheading     (1F13D2)
    • Ken will work on one presentation (on behalf of OOR), which Todd and Peter will try to slot into one of the sessions - possibility: "OOR and webservices"     (1F13D3)
    • ... think of something we can engage Duane Nickull on     (1F13D4)
  • action planning for "content drive" ... (item skipped; discussion deferred) (getting people to upload ontologies)     (1F13F)
  • Getting us to a stage when we can run a OOR-production box ... (item skipped; discussion deferred)     (1F13G)

... Notes below are from previous meeting(s), and will be updated as this meeting progresses.     (1F13H)

  • planning and coordination on upcoming OOR events     (1F13I)
  • Getting us to a stage when we can run a OOR-production box ...(we will skip this stock agenda item at today's call.)     (1F13J)
  • action planning for facilitating code contribution (organizing ourselves so various sub-teams can actually get to work on coding) ...(we will skip this stock agenda item at today's call.)     (1F13K)
  • action planning for "soliciting" content (getting people to upload ontologies) ...(we will skip this stock agenda item at today's call.)     (1F13L)

Member activities updates:     (1F13Q)

Action planning for "soliciting" content (getting people to upload ontologies)     (1F13S)

5. Funding progress:     (1F13T)

6. Any Other Business:     (1F13U)

7. Action items:     (1F13V)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F13W)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2012.02.07-11:45am PST     (1F13AA)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F13AB)


Resources     (1G)

  • the Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series:     (1G13)
    • 2011_10_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-1: Introducing the ISO NP 17347 "Ontology Integration and Interoperability (OntoIOp)" Standardization Effort - Co-chairs: John Bateman & Michael Grüninger - ConferenceCall_2011_10_20     (1G13A)
    • 2011_11_03 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-2: Invited Speaker: Elisa Kendall on "Ontology-Related Metadata Standards" - Co-chairs: Michael Grüninger & John Bateman - ConferenceCall_2011_11_03     (1G13B)
    • 2011_12_15 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-3: "ISO/IEC 24707 Common Logic and IKL" - Co-chairs: Michael Grüninger & John Bateman - ConferenceCall_2011_12_15     (1G13C)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)