UpperOntologySummit - Organizing Committee Conference Call 2006-03-10
- Date: Friday, Mar. 10, 2006
- Start Time: 11:00 PM PST / 2:00 PM EST / 19:00 UTC (World Clock)
- Expected Call Duration: 1.5 hour
- Dial-in Number: 1-641-696-6600 (Iowa)
- Participant Access Code: "68656#"
Agenda (items to be discussed) Ideas
- ...(please add suggested items here)...
Agenda & Proceedings
1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda
- Steve Ray took the chair and welcomed everyone.
2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes
- Peter P. Yim volunteered to take minutes
3) Roll-call of participants - see above
- we maintain position on the goals of the entire UOS
- work toward the common good of the UO community
- extend 3/14 session to 6:00pm (NIST will have to kick everyone out by 6:30pm)
- only tweak 3/14 and 3/15pm agendas
- have an extra early hour 8:00~9:00am on 3/15 for backup purpose for use by the conveners (prior to the start of the 3/15am UO Application Dialog session
- explain that the 3/15am UO Application Dialog session was NOT intended to be a vendor parade, but rather an opportunity to convince developers of ontological applications the merit of extending from axiomatized (common) public upper ontologies rather than reinventing their own, and convert them to "adopters" of the deliverable UO we are working toward
- revert back to the focus of the 3/15am session to be the place where we are going to have dialogs between UO custodians and stakeholders, potentials funders and potential adopters, where they can explore issues of mutual concern, especially around application issues.
5) call adjourned 2006.03.10-11:54am PST
Notes taken on this wiki by Peter P. Yim