Ontology Summit 2008 - Demonstrations
Individuals and groups are invited to give demonstrations relevant to the aims of the Summit from 7:30pm to 9:00pm on Monday, 4/28/08, at the Holiday Inn - Gaithersburg. The facilities to be provided include:
- A room in the Holiday Inn
- Wireless Internet
- Projector and screen
Presentation time on the projector will be allocated to all demos that are registered by Friday, 4/25/08. Preference will be given to live demos rather than "slideware". Slots will be 15 minutes each. Any demos that register after 4/25 will not be guaranteed time on the projector.
For the full agenda of the Summit see Ontology Summit 2008 Agenda
- 7:30-7:45 PM The NCBO BioPortal is a J2EE web application for accessing, visualizing, analyzing, uploading, and searching a large repository of biomedical ontologies, terminologies, and annotations. BioPortal 1.0 was released to production in 2007. BioPortal 2.0 is expected to be released in July 2008 - To be presented by BenjaminDai.
- 7:45-8:00 PM BMIR-CIM3's CODS - Collaborative Ontology Development Service & Infrastructure - features the BMIR Multiuser Protégé Server (with Collaborative Protégé support) hosted on a Tier-1 facility provided by CIM3.NET. Now in beta, it offers the collaborative development platform and a repository for distributed development support of open ontologies to the community at large - to be presented by Natasha Noy and Peter P. Yim
- 8:00-8:15 PM OwlSight is a lightweight web-based OWL Ontology viewer backed by
- 8:15-8:30 PM The Expoz™ tool is focused on knowledge capture and exposing relationships across a wide variety of information sources such as unstructured, semi-structured and structured information systems. It takes a clustering-based approach for facilitating the discovery of candidate mapping terms & reusable software patterns. The clusters also allow a context-oriented search across ontologies thus providing a quick "big picture" of the system. Mala Mehrotra will present these various modules in the tool.
- 8:30-9:00 PM Informal individual demos and networking.
- Add a description of your demonstration here. Please include the name(s) of the individuals who will be giving your demonstration.
This page is maintained by: Ken Baclawski