From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]
    (1)
Number 24
Duration 1 hour
Date/Time October 05 2015 14:00 GMT
7:00 PST/10:00 EST
3:00pm BST/4:00pm CET
Convener MikeBennett

IAOA Semantic Web Applied Ontology (SWAO) SIG     (2)

Meetings are normally on the first Monday of the month at these times.     (3)

The main agenda items this week are to move forward on publicizing the Call for Papers and to look at any     (5)

outstanding infrastructure issues that may affect this group.     (6)


Contents

Agenda     (7)

Meeting Outcomes (Actions and Decisions)     (8)

Actions     (8A)

New Actions     (8A1)

SWAO Events Page     (8A1A)

[15:32] On the SWAO Events page right hand panel, the list of meetings has not been updated since August and does not automatically update.     (8A1A1)

[Action] Mike Bennett to talk to Naicong Li about this.     (8A1A2)

Meeting recordings:     (8A1B)

[15:40] Mike Bennett: Write down the menu options next time you start a session.     (8A1B1)

Actions carried forward     (8A2)

Call for Papers Actions     (8A2A)

[n.23 15:15] Ask [the AO Editors] what it means to be editors for the Special Issue, in terms of access i.e. will we be granted access or does the normal procedure take effect as built in?     (8A2A1)

[n.23 15:25] Mike or Ken to mail the CfP to all the ones on [that list = see ([15:30] in the n.22 notes)], analyze responses, and send Leo a list of any that required us to join and we were unable to join.     (8A2A2)

[n.23 15:27] Start a spreadsheet with information on which ones are moderated, which ones require joining and so on.     (8A2A3)

[n.23 15:28] Also as well as distribution lists, ��� post to known interested individuals, which is the list we referred to above i.e. OS co-champions etc.     (8A2A4)

[n.23 15:45] Mike Bennett: Ask Michael Gruninger [how to] to get a link to [the SWAO Events page with CfP details], on the main www.iaoa.org page.     (8A2A5)

Blog Actions     (8A2B)

[15:24] Mike Bennett to put provocative question on the blog page as discussed.     (8A2B1)

[n23 16:08] Mike to email Andrea after posting the provocative question.     (8A2B2)

Decisions and Resources     (8B)

SWAO File folder located in the wiki system (note this will be replaced by the new wiki when available):     (8B1)

[15:16] Definitive copy of Call for Papers:     (8B3)

In addition to the fixed format wiki version uploaded last time (see Meeting n.23 Proceedings), this is now available in the wiki folders as Word and PDF     (8B4)

Note these have been moved from a previous incorrect location. This is the definitive location for these.     (8B7)

Changed to use space-free filenames to make links less fragile than these look. Suggestion: in future we will follow the standard Ontolog naming convention. For continuity I haven't done that with these ones.     (8B8)


Proceedings     (9)

List of attendees:     (9A)

1. Admin and Actions on Call for Papers     (9F)

1.1 Access to cim3 wiki folders structure:     (9F1)


1.2 Call for Papers Definitive Copy Location     (9F2)

In addition to the fixed format wiki version uploaded last time (see Meeting n.23 Proceedings), this is now available in the wiki folders as Word and PDF     (9F2A)

[15:16] Mike Bennett: [redacted - see Proceedings above for current location of this file]     (9F2B)

[15:16] Mike Bennett: is the definitive copy of the Call for Papers, in Word     (9F2C)

[15:21] Mike Bennett: and PDF now added     (9F2D)

[15:21] Mike Bennett: Now updated to make all hyperlinks live in both Word and PDF     (9F2E)

2. Other actions: The Blog     (9G)

[15:24] Mike Bennett: MB to put that provocative question on the blog page.     (9G1)

[15:24] Mike Bennett: To do now.     (9G2)


3. These Meetings     (9H)

[15:31] Mike Bennett: gives all the meetings     (9H2)

[15:32] Mike Bennett: On the SWAO Events page right hand panel, the list of meetings has not been updated since August and does not automatically update.     (9H3)

[15:32] Mike Bennett: [Action] Mike Bennett to talk to Naicong Li about this     (9H4)


4. Recordings     (9I)

[15:36] Mike Bennett: Recordings: Ken Baclawski has most of the recordings     (9I1)

[15:37] Mike Bennett: Ken automatically records these as well, but the conference facility also has a feature for these which the host needs to figure out.     (9I2)

[15:38] Mike Bennett: Note that recordings need to have their fidelity lowered in order to reduce file size. Must still be .mp3     (9I3)

[15:38] Mike Bennett: There is a tool called Audacity which does this on Windows and on OSX but the Windows one requires a library if these need to be in .mp3 format     (9I4)

[15:40] Mike Bennett: Write down the menu options next time you start a session (MikeBennett)     (9I5)

[15:41] Mike Bennett: Session ends 10:41     (9I6)


Previous Meetings     (10)