From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Archives)
 
(9 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
= [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29  =
 
= [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29  =
  
Since we have some new people on the call, we took inventory on where things stand with the OOR project, and planned out one more panel session "(Post-[[BioPortal]] fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" to explore more options and continue discussion on the subject.  
+
Since we have some new people on the call, we took inventory on where things stand with the OOR project, and planned out one more panel session "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" to explore more options and continue discussion on the subject.  
  
...  Please refer also to the notes from the last regular meeting at: [[OOR/[[ConferenceCall]] 2010_10_01]] and the three recent pertinent sessions:  
+
...  Please refer also to the notes from the last regular meeting at: [[OOR/ConferenceCall 2010_10_01]] and the three recent pertinent sessions:  
  
* "CL support for OOR" - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_10]]
+
* "CL support for OOR" - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10  
 
* the "Fork" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
 
* the "Fork" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
 
* the "post-fork" OOR Architecture and API discussion - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15]]  
 
* the "post-fork" OOR Architecture and API discussion - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15]]  
Line 11: Line 11:
 
... ''note, in particular, the start time of this meeting is three hours earlier than before (9:00am, rather than 12:00noon EDT)''  
 
... ''note, in particular, the start time of this meeting is three hours earlier than before (9:00am, rather than 12:00noon EDT)''  
  
=== [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29/ Archives:] ===
+
=== Resources ===
 
+
* '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29/ Archives]'''
 
* '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29#nid2JCF Agenda & Proceedings]'''  
 
* '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29#nid2JCF Agenda & Proceedings]'''  
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29/OOR-team-conf-call_20101029b.mp3 audio recording of the session] ]''' ( 1:47:20 ; mp3 ; 12.29 MB )
+
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29/OOR-team-conf-call_20101029b.mp3 audio recording of the session] ]''' ( 1:47:20 ; mp3 ; 12.29 MB )  
 
* '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29#nid2JM4 Transcript of the online chat session]''' during the panel discussion  
 
* '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29#nid2JM4 Transcript of the online chat session]''' during the panel discussion  
* Other '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29#nid2JBT Resources]'''  
+
* Other '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29#nid2JBT Resources]'''
  
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details: ===
+
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ===
  
 
* Date: '''Friday, 29-Oct-2010'''  
 
* Date: '''Friday, 29-Oct-2010'''  
Line 47: Line 47:
 
** (Unless the conference host has already muted everyone) '''Please mute your phone, by pressing "*2"''' on your phone keypad, when a presentation is in progress. '''To un-mute, press "*3"'''  
 
** (Unless the conference host has already muted everyone) '''Please mute your phone, by pressing "*2"''' on your phone keypad, when a presentation is in progress. '''To un-mute, press "*3"'''  
 
** You can '''type in your questions or comments through the browser''' based  [[ConferenceCall_2005_09_01|chat session]] by:  
 
** You can '''type in your questions or comments through the browser''' based  [[ConferenceCall_2005_09_01|chat session]] by:  
*** pointing a separate browser tab (or window) to http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room and enter: Room="'''oor_20101029'''" and My Name="Your Own Name" (e.g. "[[JaneDoe]]")  
+
*** pointing a separate browser tab (or window) to http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room and enter: Room="'''oor_20101029'''" and My Name="Your Own Name" (e.g. "JaneDoe")  
 
** or point your browser to: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor_20101029  
 
** or point your browser to: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor_20101029  
 
*** instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field). You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.  
 
*** instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field). You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.  
Line 66: Line 66:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[MichaelGruninger]]  
+
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
** [[PeterYim]]  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
** [[MathieuDaquin]]  
+
** [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]  
** [[JouniTuominen]]
+
** JouniTuominen  
** [[KimViljanen]]
+
** KimViljanen  
 
** Alessandro Adamou (STLab, ISTC-CNR)  
 
** Alessandro Adamou (STLab, ISTC-CNR)  
** [[ToddSchneider]]  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
** [[KenBaclawski]]  
+
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
** [[MikeDean]]  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
Line 81: Line 81:
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** [[LeoObrst]] (at the [http://stids.c4i.gmu.edu/ STIDS 2010 Conference])  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] (at the [http://stids.c4i.gmu.edu/ STIDS 2010 Conference])  
** [[AldoGangemi]] (traveling)  
+
** [[AldoGangemi|Aldo Gangemi]] (traveling)  
** [[EricChan]]  
+
** [[EricChan|Eric Chan]]  
  
== Resources: ==
+
== Resources  ==
  
 
* [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/2010-10-15_OOR-Architecture-API/ Proceedings from the 2010-10-15 Architecture-API discussion]  
 
* [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/2010-10-15_OOR-Architecture-API/ Proceedings from the 2010-10-15 Architecture-API discussion]  
Line 94: Line 94:
 
* ''(upcoming!)'' OOR code repository - http://semwebcentral.org/projects/oor  
 
* ''(upcoming!)'' OOR code repository - http://semwebcentral.org/projects/oor  
 
* Pertient recent panel discussions:  
 
* Pertient recent panel discussions:  
** "CL support for OOR" proceedings - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_10]]
+
** "CL support for OOR" proceedings - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10  
 
** "OOR-dev Take-4," the "Fork" session proceedings - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
 
** "OOR-dev Take-4," the "Fork" session proceedings - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
** "OOR Use Cases Take-3" proceedings (with NEU discussion on gatekeeping) - [[ConferenceCall_2010_04_01]]
+
** "OOR Use Cases Take-3" proceedings (with NEU discussion on gatekeeping) - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01  
 
* developing OOR work pages:  
 
* developing OOR work pages:  
 
** [[OpenOntologyRepository_Requirement]]  
 
** [[OpenOntologyRepository_Requirement]]  
Line 102: Line 102:
 
** [[OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture]]  
 
** [[OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture]]  
 
*** see [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15#nid2J3O candidates discussed at the 2010-10-15 session].  
 
*** see [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15#nid2J3O candidates discussed at the 2010-10-15 session].  
** from [[KenBaclawski]]: current OOR-sandbox API (in Java) based on [[BioPortal]] - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/OpenOntologyRepository/2010-09-17_OOR-Dev-Take-4/OOR-API--KenBaclawski_20100917.java  
+
** from [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]: current OOR-sandbox API (in Java) based on [[BioPortal]] - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/OpenOntologyRepository/2010-09-17_OOR-Dev-Take-4/OOR-API--KenBaclawski_20100917.java  
  
== Agenda Ideas: ==
+
== Agenda Ideas  ==
  
 
''please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
 
''please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
Line 119: Line 119:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* [[PeterYim]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
** since some of our key players are at STIDS and that we have a few new/resuming members, let's spend a bit of time at this meeting going through the basics, and taking inventory on where things stand (rather than going into in depth discussion about Architecture and API)  
 
** since some of our key players are at STIDS and that we have a few new/resuming members, let's spend a bit of time at this meeting going through the basics, and taking inventory on where things stand (rather than going into in depth discussion about Architecture and API)  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
* note that we are running an [http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor_20101029 in-session chat] facility during this meeting. Please login there (with your [[WikiWord]] name.)  
+
* note that we are running an [http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor_20101029 in-session chat] facility during this meeting. Please login there (with your WikiWord name.)  
  
 
2. Roll Call:  
 
2. Roll Call:  
Line 130: Line 130:
  
 
* welcome and intro of new member(s) (as needed)  
 
* welcome and intro of new member(s) (as needed)  
** [[AlessandroAdamou]]  
+
** [[AlessandroAdamou|Alessandro Adamou]]  
 
*** Peter: please join mailing lists and populate your namesake page on the wiki if you decide to become a member of the team (STLab, ISTC-CNR)  
 
*** Peter: please join mailing lists and populate your namesake page on the wiki if you decide to become a member of the team (STLab, ISTC-CNR)  
** [[JouniTuominen]]
+
** JouniTuominen  
** [[KimViljanen]]
+
** KimViljanen  
** [[EricChan]] (by [[PeterYim]], as Eric could not join us today)  
+
** [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] (by [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], as Eric could not join us today)  
  
 
3. Status Review and Discussion:  
 
3. Status Review and Discussion:  
Line 171: Line 171:
 
* Organizing another panel discussion - '''OOR-dev - take-5'''  
 
* Organizing another panel discussion - '''OOR-dev - take-5'''  
 
** Date / Time: [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=12&year=2010&hour=6&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 Fri 2010.11.19 - 14:00 UTC] 2.0~2.5 Hours  
 
** Date / Time: [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=12&year=2010&hour=6&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 Fri 2010.11.19 - 14:00 UTC] 2.0~2.5 Hours  
** Co-chair: [[KenBaclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger]]  
+
** Co-chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
** Panelists: [[KenBaclawski]]+[[ToddSchneider]], [[AldoGangemi]]+[[AlessandroAdamou]], [[JouniTuominen]]+[[KimViljanen]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[EricChan]], ... (10 minutes briefing; followed by open discussion)  
+
** Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[EricChan|Eric Chan]], ... (10 minutes briefing; followed by open discussion)  
  
 
''items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...''  
 
''items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...''  
  
* '''the "CL support for OOR" session - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_10]]'''  
+
* '''the "CL support for OOR" session - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10'''  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and API discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and API discussion which we will try to set up asap  
  
 
* '''the OOR "Fork" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]'''  
 
* '''the OOR "Fork" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]'''  
** Peter needs to confer with [[MarkMusen]]
+
** Peter needs to confer with Mark Musen
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
  
Line 186: Line 186:
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
*** candidate architecture team: [[MikeDean]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[ToddSchneider]], [[ImmanuelNormann]], [[TillMossakowski]], [[CameronRoss]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[AdamPease]], [[NatashaNoy]], ...  
+
*** candidate architecture team: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], Natasha Noy, ...  
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) [[AlexGarcia]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[MikeUschold]], [[JohnBateman]], [[JohnSowa]], [[PatHayes]], [[PatCassidy]], [[MarkMusen]], [[LeoObrst]], [[PeterYim]], ...  
+
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[MikeUschold|Mike Uschold]], [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]], Mark Musen, [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ...  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
  
Line 199: Line 199:
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
** do we consider github (as suggested by [[NatashaNoy]] on 2010.09.17)?  
+
** do we consider github (as suggested by Natasha Noy on 2010.09.17)?  
 
** action items -  
 
** action items -  
  
Line 213: Line 213:
  
 
* Next Meeting:  
 
* Next Meeting:  
** our next regular team call, [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=19&year=2010&hour=6&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 Fri 2010.11.19 - 14:00 UTC] see details session page at: [[ OOR/[[ConferenceCall]] _2010_11_19]] when we will have the OOR-dev Take-5 panel session.  
+
** our next regular team call, [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=19&year=2010&hour=6&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 Fri 2010.11.19 - 14:00 UTC] see details session page at: [[ OOR/ConferenceCall _2010_11_19]] when we will have the OOR-dev Take-5 panel session.  
 
** no meeting on Fri 2010.11.12 as a lot of us will be at [http://iswc2010.semanticweb.org/ ISWC 2010 in Shanghai]  
 
** no meeting on Fri 2010.11.12 as a lot of us will be at [http://iswc2010.semanticweb.org/ ISWC 2010 in Shanghai]  
 
*** looks like we can settle in on two meeting times - a 6:00am PT and an 8:30am PT ...  
 
*** looks like we can settle in on two meeting times - a 6:00am PT and an 8:30am PT ...  
Line 220: Line 220:
 
* Call adjourned at: 7:31 am PDT  
 
* Call adjourned at: 7:31 am PDT  
  
== Transcript of the online chat during the session: ==
+
== Transcript of the online chat during the session  ==
 
+
  
 
-- ''begin of chat session'' --  
 
-- ''begin of chat session'' --  
  
 +
Chat transcript from room: oor_20101029
  
 
Chat transcript from room: oor_20101029
 
 
time-stamp in PDT UTC-0700  
 
time-stamp in PDT UTC-0700  
  
 +
[06:03] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29
  
 
+
[06:03] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: session page is at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29  
[06:03] [[PeterYim]]: [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:03] [[PeterYim]]: session page is at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29  
+
 
+
 
+
  
 
[06:03] Alessandro Adamou: hi, do you read me  
 
[06:03] Alessandro Adamou: hi, do you read me  
  
 +
[06:03] anonymous morphed into KimViljanen
  
 +
[06:04] KimViljanen: hello!
  
[06:03] anonymous morphed into [[KimViljanen]]  
+
[06:07] Mathieu d'Aquin morphed into [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]  
  
 +
[06:14] KimViljanen: Hello Mathieu
  
 +
[06:15] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: Hi Kim!
  
[06:04] [[KimViljanen]]: hello!
+
[06:16] KimViljanen: http://www.onki.fi
  
 +
[06:40] KimViljanen: Mathieu: should we organize a OOR Workshop to ESWC? (just read the call for workshops)
  
 +
[06:41] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: Kim, would be a good idea, however I already know that I won't be at ESWC 2010...
  
[06:07] Mathieu d'Aquin morphed into [[MathieuDaquin]]  
+
[06:41] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: s/2010/2011
  
 +
[06:44] KimViljanen: not sure if I'm either, but I'm sure that can be arranged
  
 +
[06:45] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: I suspect that a new edition of ORES focusing on OOR would be welcome
  
[06:14] [[KimViljanen]]: Hello Mathieu
+
[06:46] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: I would of course support that, not sure I could contribute much in terms of organization though
  
 +
[06:47] KimViljanen: based on the amount of participants, I think there would be interest for such WS
  
 +
[07:06] KimViljanen: I and Jouni will discuss the funding coordination issue with our researcher leader, prof. Eero Hyvnen
  
[06:15] [[MathieuDaquin]]: Hi Kim!
+
[07:07] KimViljanen: are we discussing permanent funding or project funding?  
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:16] [[KimViljanen]]: http://www.onki.fi
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:40] [[KimViljanen]]: Mathieu: should we organize a OOR Workshop to ESWC? (just read the call for workshops)
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:41] [[MathieuDaquin]]: Kim, would be a good idea, however I already know that I won't be at ESWC 2010...
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:41] [[MathieuDaquin]]: s/2010/2011
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:44] [[KimViljanen]]: not sure if I'm either, but I'm sure that can be arranged
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:45] [[MathieuDaquin]]: I suspect that a new edition of ORES focusing on OOR would be welcome
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:46] [[MathieuDaquin]]: I would of course support that, not sure I could contribute much in terms of organization though
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[06:47] [[KimViljanen]]: based on the amount of participants, I think there would be interest for such WS
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[07:06] [[KimViljanen]]: I and Jouni will discuss the funding coordination issue with our researcher leader, prof. Eero Hyvnen
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[07:07] [[KimViljanen]]: are we discussing permanent funding or project funding?  
+
 
+
 
+
  
 
[07:09] Alessandro Adamou: i enqueue for my question too  
 
[07:09] Alessandro Adamou: i enqueue for my question too  
  
 +
[07:14] KimViljanen: :) (I must get a mic for the next meeting.)
  
 +
[07:25] [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]: Kim: The current focus is on project funding rather than permanent funding.
  
[07:14] [[KimViljanen]]: :) (I must get a mic for the next meeting.)
+
Since the OOR is intended to be a federated rather than a centralized system, presumably
  
 
 
[07:25] [[KenBaclawski]]: Kim: The current focus is on project funding rather than permanent funding.
 
Since the OOR is intended to be a federated rather than a centralized system, presumably
 
 
sustainability of OOR instances would be the responsibility of the communities served.  
 
sustainability of OOR instances would be the responsibility of the communities served.  
  
 +
[07:26] KimViljanen: yes, thanks
  
 
+
[07:31] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Thank you all, great meeting! bye ...  
[07:26] [[KimViljanen]]: yes, thanks
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[07:31] [[PeterYim]]: Thank you all, great meeting! bye ...  
+
 
+
 
+
  
 
[06:03] Alessandro Adamou: hi, do you read me  
 
[06:03] Alessandro Adamou: hi, do you read me  
  
 +
[06:03] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29
  
 +
[06:03] anonymous morphed into KimViljanen
  
[06:03] [[PeterYim]]: [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29
+
[06:04] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: session page is at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29
  
 +
[06:04] KimViljanen: hello!
  
 +
[06:07] Mathieu d'Aquin morphed into [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]
  
[06:03] anonymous morphed into [[KimViljanen]]
+
[06:14] KimViljanen: Hello Mathieu
  
 +
[06:15] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: Hi Kim!
  
 +
[06:16] KimViljanen: http://www.onki.fi
  
[06:04] [[PeterYim]]: session page is at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29
+
[06:40] KimViljanen: Mathieu: should we organize a OOR Workshop to ESWC? (just read the call for workshops)
  
 +
[06:41] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: Kim, would be a good idea, however I already know that I won't be at ESWC 2010...
  
 +
[06:41] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: s/2010/2011
  
[06:04] [[KimViljanen]]: hello!
+
[06:44] KimViljanen: not sure if I'm either, but I'm sure that can be arranged
  
 +
[06:45] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: I suspect that a new edition of ORES focusing on OOR would be welcome
  
 +
[06:46] [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]]: I would of course support that, not sure I could contribute much in terms of organization though
  
[06:07] Mathieu d'Aquin morphed into [[MathieuDaquin]]  
+
[06:47] KimViljanen: based on the amount of participants, I think there would be interest for such WS
  
 +
[07:06] KimViljanen: I and Jouni will discuss the funding coordination issue with our researcher leader, prof. Eero Hyvnen
  
 +
[07:07] KimViljanen: are we discussing permanent funding or project funding?
  
[06:14] [[KimViljanen]]: Hello Mathieu
+
[07:09] [[AlessandroAdamou|Alessandro Adamou]]: i enqueue for my question too
  
 +
[07:14] KimViljanen: :) (I must get a mic for the next meeting.)
  
 +
[07:25] [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]: Kim: The current focus is on project funding rather than permanent funding.
  
[06:15] [[MathieuDaquin]]: Hi Kim!
+
Since the OOR is intended to be a federated rather than a centralized system, presumably
  
 
 
[06:16] [[KimViljanen]]: http://www.onki.fi
 
 
 
 
[06:40] [[KimViljanen]]: Mathieu: should we organize a OOR Workshop to ESWC? (just read the call for workshops)
 
 
 
 
[06:41] [[MathieuDaquin]]: Kim, would be a good idea, however I already know that I won't be at ESWC 2010...
 
 
 
 
[06:41] [[MathieuDaquin]]: s/2010/2011
 
 
 
 
[06:44] [[KimViljanen]]: not sure if I'm either, but I'm sure that can be arranged
 
 
 
 
[06:45] [[MathieuDaquin]]: I suspect that a new edition of ORES focusing on OOR would be welcome
 
 
 
 
[06:46] [[MathieuDaquin]]: I would of course support that, not sure I could contribute much in terms of organization though
 
 
 
 
[06:47] [[KimViljanen]]: based on the amount of participants, I think there would be interest for such WS
 
 
 
 
[07:06] [[KimViljanen]]: I and Jouni will discuss the funding coordination issue with our researcher leader, prof. Eero Hyvnen
 
 
 
 
[07:07] [[KimViljanen]]: are we discussing permanent funding or project funding?
 
 
 
 
[07:09] [[AlessandroAdamou]]: i enqueue for my question too
 
 
 
 
[07:14] [[KimViljanen]]: :) (I must get a mic for the next meeting.)
 
 
 
 
[07:25] [[KenBaclawski]]: Kim: The current focus is on project funding rather than permanent funding.
 
Since the OOR is intended to be a federated rather than a centralized system, presumably
 
 
sustainability of OOR instances would be the responsibility of the communities served.  
 
sustainability of OOR instances would be the responsibility of the communities served.  
  
 +
[07:26] KimViljanen: yes, thanks
  
 
+
[07:31] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Thank you all, great meeting! bye ...  
[07:26] [[KimViljanen]]: yes, thanks
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
[07:31] [[PeterYim]]: Thank you all, great meeting! bye ...  
+
 
+
 
+
  
 
-- ''end of chat session'' --  
 
-- ''end of chat session'' --  
  
 +
--
  
 +
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2010.10.29-7:32am PDT
  
--
 
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2010.10.29-7:32am PDT
 
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
  
 
----
 
----
Line 506: Line 413:
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks]], [[BrucePerens]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_09]]     
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: [[MarkMusen]] - Panelists: [[CameronRoss]], [[AlanRector]], [[JohnSowa]], [[BrucePerens]], [[JohnWilbanks]], [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_16]]     
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim]], [[MikeDean]], [[BrucePerens]], [[JamieClark]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_30]]     
+
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JamieClark]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FrankOlken]]; Panelists: [[BruceBargmeyer]], [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]], [[FarrukhNajmi]] & [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_02_28]]     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug]], [[EvanWallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[PeterBenson]] & [[RexBrooks]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_03_27]]     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat]], [[DekeSmith]], [[MarciaZeng]], [[DeniseBedford]], [[PatHayes]], [[MalaMehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_03]]     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith]] & [[MichaelGruninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger]], [[PeterHaase]], [[NatashaNoy]] &  [[ElisaKendall]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_10]]     
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR Development panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]],  [[LiDing]], [[BruceBargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22]]     
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen,  [[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider]]; Panelists: [[MarkMusen]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[MikeDean]], [[PaulBuitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_02_19]]     
+
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]; Panelists: Mark Musen, Natasha Noy, [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[PaulBuitelaar|Paul Buitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth|Andreas Harth]], [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19     
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: [[MarkMusen]] - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache]], [[TimRedmond]], [[NatashaNoy]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_07_16]]     
+
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache|Tania Tudorache]], [[TimRedmond|Tim Redmond]], Natasha Noy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "[[BioPortal]] and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: [[NatashaNoy]] - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda]], [[PaulAlexander]], [[JohnGraybeal]], [[MikeDean]], [[StephenGranite]], [[AlexGarcia]], [[KenBaclawski]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_07_30]]     
+
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: Natasha Noy - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]], [[PaulAlexander|Paul Alexander]], [[JohnGraybeal|John Graybeal]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[NatashaNoy]] - OOR/[[ConferenceCall_2010_02_19]]     
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], Natasha Noy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[KenBaclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider]], [[MatthewHettinger]], [[KenBaclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_04_01]]     
+
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MatthewHettinger|Matthew Hettinger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez|Máximo Gurméndez]] - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa]] - Panelists: [[JohnBateman]]-[[TillMossakowski]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[CameronRoss]], [[AdamPease]], [[PatHayes]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_10]]     
+
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]] - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider]], [[MikeDean]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[ImmanuelNormann]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger]] - OOR/[[ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]     
+
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Natasha Noy, [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17     
* '''[[OntologySummit2008]]''' homepage  
+
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
** '''[[OntologySummit2008]]/[[FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
+
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  
Line 547: Line 454:
 
* '''Public sandbox instance of OOR (OOR-sandbox) - http://oor-01.cim3.net/ontologies'''  
 
* '''Public sandbox instance of OOR (OOR-sandbox) - http://oor-01.cim3.net/ontologies'''  
 
** '''[[OOR_SandBox]]'''  
 
** '''[[OOR_SandBox]]'''  
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development
+
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]    [[Category:OOR]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_29 here] for original page

Latest revision as of 11:31, 22 January 2018

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29     (1)

Since we have some new people on the call, we took inventory on where things stand with the OOR project, and planned out one more panel session "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" to explore more options and continue discussion on the subject.     (1A)

... Please refer also to the notes from the last regular meeting at: OOR/ConferenceCall 2010_10_01 and the three recent pertinent sessions:     (1B)

... note, in particular, the start time of this meeting is three hours earlier than before (9:00am, rather than 12:00noon EDT)     (1F)

[edit] Resources     (1G)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1H5)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1H5A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1H5B)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the [ slides below] (associated with the respective agenda item) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1H5C)
  • Discussion, Questions & Remarks:     (1H6)
    • (Unless the conference host has already muted everyone) Please mute your phone, by pressing "*2" on your phone keypad, when a presentation is in progress. To un-mute, press "*3"     (1H6A)
    • You can type in your questions or comments through the browser based chat session by:     (1H6B)
      • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field). You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (1H6C1)
    • (when everyone is muted) If you want to speak or have questions or remarks to make, please "raise your hand (virtually)" by click on the "hand button" (lower right) on the chat session page. You may speak when acknowledged by the speaker or the session moderator (again, press "*3" on your phone to unmute). Test your voice and introduce yourself first before proceeding with your remarks, please. (Please remember to click on the "hand button" again (to lower your hand) and press "*2" on your phone to mute yourself after you are done speaking.)     (1H6D)
    • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. gtalk) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) oor_20101029@soaphub.org ... Handy for mobile devices!     (1H6E)
  • For those who cannot join us, or who have further questions or remarks on the summit topic and content, please post them to the [ oor-forum ] listserv so that everyone in the community can benefit from the discourse.     (1H7)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1H9)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1H11)

[edit] Attendees     (1J)

  • Expecting:     (1J2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1J3A)

[edit] Resources     (1K)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1L)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1L1)

  • take inventory of where we stand     (1L2)
  • continue discussion on OOR Architecture and API     (1L3)
  • getting the Architecture Committee established <-- Peter: we will defer this discussion to a future meeting     (1L4)
  • organize an event for new comers to showcase their approach and what they can bring to the table     (1L5)
    • include getting exposure to the work at the OASIS ICOM & CMIS TC (possibly applicable to us)     (1L5A)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1M)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1M1)

  • Peter P. Yim takes the chair and welcome everyone     (1M2)
    • since some of our key players are at STIDS and that we have a few new/resuming members, let's spend a bit of time at this meeting going through the basics, and taking inventory on where things stand (rather than going into in depth discussion about Architecture and API)     (1M2A)

2. Roll Call:     (1M5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1M8)

  • 1. Prepare and adopt an OOR system architecture     (1M11)
    • define and adopt a set of API's     (1M11A)
    • define and adopt the set of ontology metadata (as an extension of OMV) that authors of the ontology are required to provide when they upload ontologies to the OOR     (1M11B)
  • 2. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1M12)
  • 3. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1M13)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code     (1M13A)
    • clarify IPR issues related to Ontology & OOR and adopt a consensus IPR policy for OOR contributions     (1M13B)
    • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1M13C)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage content stewards and have them contribute ontologies to our public instance of OOR     (1M13D)
  • 4. systematically solicit content contributions     (1M14)
  • 5. get the work funded     (1M15)
  • 6. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1M16)
  • 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach     (1M17)

... [decision] consensus to adopt the above as updated     (1M18)

  • Review and invoke follow-up actions on the three recent major events:     (1M19)
  • take inventory of where we stand     (1M20)
  • continue discussion on OOR Architecture and API     (1M21)
  • getting the Architecture Committee established <-- Peter: we will defer this discussion to a future meeting     (1M22)
  • organize an event for new comers to showcase their approach and what they can bring to the table     (1M23)
    • include getting exposure to the work at the OASIS ICOM & CMIS TC (possibly applicable to us)     (1M23A)

items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...     (1M25)

  • the "CL support for OOR" session - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     (1M26)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and API discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1M26A)

4. Member activities updates:     (1M32)

5. Funding progress:     (1M33)

6. Any Other Business:     (1M34)

7. Action items:     (1M35)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1M36)

[edit] Transcript of the online chat during the session     (1N)

-- begin of chat session --     (1N1)

Chat transcript from room: oor_20101029     (1N2)

time-stamp in PDT UTC-0700     (1N3)

[06:03] Peter P. Yim: OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29     (1N4)

[06:03] Alessandro Adamou: hi, do you read me     (1N6)

[06:03] anonymous morphed into KimViljanen     (1N7)

[06:04] KimViljanen: hello!     (1N8)

[06:07] Mathieu d'Aquin morphed into Mathieu Daquin     (1N9)

[06:14] KimViljanen: Hello Mathieu     (1N10)

[06:16] KimViljanen: http://www.onki.fi     (1N12)

[06:40] KimViljanen: Mathieu: should we organize a OOR Workshop to ESWC? (just read the call for workshops)     (1N13)

[06:41] Mathieu Daquin: Kim, would be a good idea, however I already know that I won't be at ESWC 2010...     (1N14)

[06:41] Mathieu Daquin: s/2010/2011     (1N15)

[06:44] KimViljanen: not sure if I'm either, but I'm sure that can be arranged     (1N16)

[06:45] Mathieu Daquin: I suspect that a new edition of ORES focusing on OOR would be welcome     (1N17)

[06:46] Mathieu Daquin: I would of course support that, not sure I could contribute much in terms of organization though     (1N18)

[06:47] KimViljanen: based on the amount of participants, I think there would be interest for such WS     (1N19)

[07:06] KimViljanen: I and Jouni will discuss the funding coordination issue with our researcher leader, prof. Eero Hyvnen     (1N20)

[07:07] KimViljanen: are we discussing permanent funding or project funding?     (1N21)

[07:09] Alessandro Adamou: i enqueue for my question too     (1N22)

[07:14] KimViljanen: :) (I must get a mic for the next meeting.)     (1N23)

[07:25] Ken Baclawski: Kim: The current focus is on project funding rather than permanent funding.     (1N24)

Since the OOR is intended to be a federated rather than a centralized system, presumably     (1N25)

sustainability of OOR instances would be the responsibility of the communities served.     (1N26)

[07:26] KimViljanen: yes, thanks     (1N27)

[07:31] Peter P. Yim: Thank you all, great meeting! bye ...     (1N28)

[06:03] Alessandro Adamou: hi, do you read me     (1N29)

[06:03] Peter P. Yim: OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-29     (1N30)

[06:03] anonymous morphed into KimViljanen     (1N31)

[06:04] KimViljanen: hello!     (1N33)

[06:07] Mathieu d'Aquin morphed into Mathieu Daquin     (1N34)

[06:14] KimViljanen: Hello Mathieu     (1N35)

[06:16] KimViljanen: http://www.onki.fi     (1N37)

[06:40] KimViljanen: Mathieu: should we organize a OOR Workshop to ESWC? (just read the call for workshops)     (1N38)

[06:41] Mathieu Daquin: Kim, would be a good idea, however I already know that I won't be at ESWC 2010...     (1N39)

[06:41] Mathieu Daquin: s/2010/2011     (1N40)

[06:44] KimViljanen: not sure if I'm either, but I'm sure that can be arranged     (1N41)

[06:45] Mathieu Daquin: I suspect that a new edition of ORES focusing on OOR would be welcome     (1N42)

[06:46] Mathieu Daquin: I would of course support that, not sure I could contribute much in terms of organization though     (1N43)

[06:47] KimViljanen: based on the amount of participants, I think there would be interest for such WS     (1N44)

[07:06] KimViljanen: I and Jouni will discuss the funding coordination issue with our researcher leader, prof. Eero Hyvnen     (1N45)

[07:07] KimViljanen: are we discussing permanent funding or project funding?     (1N46)

[07:09] Alessandro Adamou: i enqueue for my question too     (1N47)

[07:14] KimViljanen: :) (I must get a mic for the next meeting.)     (1N48)

[07:25] Ken Baclawski: Kim: The current focus is on project funding rather than permanent funding.     (1N49)

Since the OOR is intended to be a federated rather than a centralized system, presumably     (1N50)

sustainability of OOR instances would be the responsibility of the communities served.     (1N51)

[07:26] KimViljanen: yes, thanks     (1N52)

[07:31] Peter P. Yim: Thank you all, great meeting! bye ...     (1N53)

-- end of chat session --     (1N54)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.10.29-7:32am PDT     (1N56)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1N57)


[edit] Resources     (1O)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1O20)