From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2006-06-13 08:20:06 By user: PeterYim)
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 21: Line 21:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** BobSmith (session chair)  
+
** [[BobSmith|Bob Smith]] (session chair)  
** RexBrooks  
+
** [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]]
** PeterYim  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]
** DeniseBedford  
+
** [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]]
** SteveRay  
+
** [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]]
** KurtConrad  
+
** [[KurtConrad|Kurt Conrad]]
** PatHeinig  
+
** [[PatHeinig|Pat Heinig]]
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** LisaColvin  
+
** [[LisaColvin|Lisa Colvin]]
 
** ''...(add your name here)...''  
 
** ''...(add your name here)...''  
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** SteveIhnen  
+
** [[SteveIhnen|Steve Ihnen]]
** MatthewWest  
+
** [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]]
  
 
=== Agenda Ideas (candidate items to be adopted into the agenda for discussion)  ===
 
=== Agenda Ideas (candidate items to be adopted into the agenda for discussion)  ===
  
* BobSmith: discussions on the [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] project to take it forward  
+
* [[BobSmith|Bob Smith]]: discussions on the [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] project to take it forward  
* PeterYim / EMichaelMaximilien: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / EMichaelMaximilien: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date  
 
* ''...(add suggested items here)...''  
 
* ''...(add suggested items here)...''  
  
Line 47: Line 47:
 
1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda  
 
1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda  
  
* BobSmith took the chair and welcomed everyone.  
+
* [[BobSmith|Bob Smith]] took the chair and welcomed everyone.  
  
 
2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes  
 
2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes  
  
* PeterYim volunteered  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered  
  
 
3) Roll-call of participants  
 
3) Roll-call of participants  
Line 59: Line 59:
 
4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)  
 
4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)  
  
* PeterYim / EMichaelMaximilien: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / EMichaelMaximilien: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date  
 
** EMichaelMaximilien: will move the date to Jul 6, 2006  
 
** EMichaelMaximilien: will move the date to Jul 6, 2006  
 
** Max will provide the title and abstract by Wed 5/31/06 ... that will also provide Max & Conor the grounding to invite people  
 
** Max will provide the title and abstract by Wed 5/31/06 ... that will also provide Max & Conor the grounding to invite people  
Line 67: Line 67:
 
* Scheduled Ontolog Events:  
 
* Scheduled Ontolog Events:  
 
** Continuation of our "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" series of talks & discussions - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-05/msg00019.html  
 
** Continuation of our "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" series of talks & discussions - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-05/msg00019.html  
** Thu Jun. 1, 2006 - MatthewWest - on "ISO 18876 - integration of industrial data for exchange access and sharing (IIDEAS)" - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-04/msg00092.html & ConferenceCall_2006_06_01  
+
** Thu Jun. 1, 2006 - [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]] - on "ISO 18876 - integration of industrial data for exchange access and sharing (IIDEAS)" - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-04/msg00092.html & ConferenceCall_2006_06_01  
** Thu 2006.06.15 - "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" Discussion Session-2 - Moderators (organizers): EMichaelMaximilien & ConorShankey  
+
** Thu 2006.06.15 - "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" Discussion Session-2 - Moderators (organizers): EMichaelMaximilien & [[ConorShankey|Conor Shankey]]
** Thu 2006.06.29 - TimRedmond - "Protege Architecture and API" (a session for applications developers)  
+
** Thu 2006.06.29 - [[TimRedmond|Tim Redmond]] - "Protege Architecture and API" (a session for applications developers)  
** Thu 2006.07.13 - PatCassidy - "From Controlled Vocabulary to Standard Ontologies" (from the perspective of a formal ontologist)  
+
** Thu 2006.07.13 - [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]] - "From Controlled Vocabulary to Standard Ontologies" (from the perspective of a formal ontologist)  
** Thu 2006.07.23 - Ontolog F2F Meeting and Workshop colocated with the 9th Protege International Conference (Stanford, CA) - Organizers: BobSmith & KurtConrad  
+
** Thu 2006.07.23 - Ontolog F2F Meeting and Workshop colocated with the 9th Protege International Conference (Stanford, CA) - Organizers: [[BobSmith|Bob Smith]] & [[KurtConrad|Kurt Conrad]]
 
*** we'll hopefully be arranging more functions during this community F2F gathering and the almost weeklong Conference  
 
*** we'll hopefully be arranging more functions during this community F2F gathering and the almost weeklong Conference  
*** organizers now changed to BobSmith, KurtConrad & RexBrooks  
+
*** organizers now changed to [[BobSmith|Bob Smith]], [[KurtConrad|Kurt Conrad]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]]
** Thu 2006.08.10 - SOA Panel Discussion (covering SOA-RM & SOA-RA) - Moderators (organizers): DuaneNickull & RexBrooks  
+
** Thu 2006.08.10 - SOA Panel Discussion (covering SOA-RM & SOA-RA) - Moderators (organizers): [[DuaneNickull|Duane Nickull]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]]
** Thu 2006.08.31 - Ontology Applications in Emergency Response Panel Discussion - Moderators (organizers): RexBrooks & BobSmith  
+
** Thu 2006.08.31 - Ontology Applications in Emergency Response Panel Discussion - Moderators (organizers): [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] & [[BobSmith|Bob Smith]]
  
 
* Upcoming Events of interest  
 
* Upcoming Events of interest  
Line 85: Line 85:
 
* Engaging UN/CEFACT  
 
* Engaging UN/CEFACT  
 
** Kurt: suggest we schedule a UN/CEFACT-ONTOLOG joint teleconference (hopefully on a Thursday) so that we can do a focused discussion  
 
** Kurt: suggest we schedule a UN/CEFACT-ONTOLOG joint teleconference (hopefully on a Thursday) so that we can do a focused discussion  
*** will need to follow-up with [[BillMcCarthy]] & AndersTell  
+
*** will need to follow-up with [[BillMcCarthy]] & [[AndersTell|Anders Tell]]
 
*** Rex: there will be a joint OASIS-ITU conference in Oct. 2006 (UN/CEFACT & ebXML is related somehow)  
 
*** Rex: there will be a joint OASIS-ITU conference in Oct. 2006 (UN/CEFACT & ebXML is related somehow)  
  
Line 127: Line 127:
 
**** may need to extend the 6/29 CFP  
 
**** may need to extend the 6/29 CFP  
 
*** need to recruit a champion to work with Kurt and Rex for scheduling some social activities and otehr meetings  
 
*** need to recruit a champion to work with Kurt and Rex for scheduling some social activities and otehr meetings  
**** candidates: Stanford SMI, KSL; SRI-AI-Lab, EPRI, IBM-Almaden Research Center, PARC; company with DougEngelbart;  
+
**** candidates: Stanford SMI, KSL; SRI-AI-Lab, EPRI, IBM-Almaden Research Center, PARC; company with [[DougEngelbart|Doug Engelbart]];  
  
 
* [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] project discussion  
 
* [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] project discussion  
** BobSmith: [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] Progress and Challenges  
+
** [[BobSmith|Bob Smith]]: [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] Progress and Challenges  
 
*** Denise's earlier questions about Scope, Methods, Audience;  
 
*** Denise's earlier questions about Scope, Methods, Audience;  
 
*** Progress report: Inventory, Sketch 1 of current "Wiki Taxonomy", Concept Abstraction, "Deliverables"  
 
*** Progress report: Inventory, Sketch 1 of current "Wiki Taxonomy", Concept Abstraction, "Deliverables"  
 
**** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/Taxo_Thesaurus_B--BobSmith_20060525.gif  
 
**** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/Taxo_Thesaurus_B--BobSmith_20060525.gif  
 
*** Thesaurus Features needed for target audience(s)?  
 
*** Thesaurus Features needed for target audience(s)?  
*** also DeniseBedford deliverables - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/  
+
*** also [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]] deliverables - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/  
 
**** inventoried about 65,000 items -- http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/ontolog-cwe-inventory-map_dbedford_20060514a.xls  
 
**** inventoried about 65,000 items -- http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/ontolog-cwe-inventory-map_dbedford_20060514a.xls  
 
**** raw concepts, with concept extraction tools) --  
 
**** raw concepts, with concept extraction tools) --  
Line 160: Line 160:
 
12) Next meeting date and adjourn  
 
12) Next meeting date and adjourn  
  
* Our next meeting/call will be next Thu 2006.06.01 - with invited speaker MatthewWest - see: ConferenceCall_2006_06_01  
+
* Our next meeting/call will be next Thu 2006.06.01 - with invited speaker [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]] - see: ConferenceCall_2006_06_01  
 
* this call adjourned 11:43 am PDT  
 
* this call adjourned 11:43 am PDT  
  
 
--
 
--
  
minutes captured in real time on this wiki by PeterYim / 2006.05.25-11:44am PDT  
+
minutes captured in real time on this wiki by [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2006.05.25-11:44am PDT  
  
 
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]
 
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 02:08, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] [ontolog] Member Conference Call - Thu 2006-05-25     (1)

  • Subject: [ontolog] member conference call Thu 2006-05-25     (1A1)

[edit] Attendees     (1B)

[edit] Agenda Ideas (candidate items to be adopted into the agenda for discussion)     (1C)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda     (1E1)

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes     (1E3)

3) Roll-call of participants     (1E5)

4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)     (1E7)

  • Peter P. Yim / EMichaelMaximilien: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date     (1E8)
    • EMichaelMaximilien: will move the date to Jul 6, 2006     (1E8A)
    • Max will provide the title and abstract by Wed 5/31/06 ... that will also provide Max & Conor the grounding to invite people     (1E8B)

5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues - no discussion     (1E12)

6) Follow-ups from previous calls     (1E13)

7) Current Project Status Report     (1E16)

8) Key Issues discussion:     (1E25)

9) New project proposals     (1E28)

10) Sponsorship and funding     (1E29)

11) Other business     (1E30)

12) Next meeting date and adjourn     (1E31)

minutes captured in real time on this wiki by Peter P. Yim / 2006.05.25-11:44am PDT     (1E35)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1E36)