IAOA Ordinary Assembly - April 2019
As stipulated in the Association Statute and by other legal requirements, an ordinary assembly of the IAOA membership is being called, in April 2019, to examine and approve the IAOA Financial Report 2018. Details will be developed and presented on this page.
Events and Time-table
- Announcement of Assembly: 20 March 2019
- announcement message at IAOA member mailing list
- news post at the IAOA website
- Publication of the IAOA Financial Report 2018 (ballot item): 31 March 2019
- Discussion: opens 31 March 2019, closes 05 Apr 2019
- EC finalizes details for publication of final versions: 09 April 2019
- (no changes to version published on 31 March 2019)
- IAOA Assembly called to order (by the IAOA President): 10 April 2019
- Ballot opens: 10 April 2019 12:00:00 (UTC)
- Ballot closes: 15 April 2019 23:59:00 anywhere (UTC-12)
- Announcement of vote results: planned until 18 April 2019
Ballot item and accompanying material
Ballot Item: IAOA Financial Report 2018
The ballot concerns the IAOA Financial Report 2018 . After preparation, the Report and the underlying books have been checked by the Board of Auditors. The Auditors Report (see below) was positive, such that the Executive Council decided on 18 March 2019 to approve the Financial Report (with pending layout modifications) for publication to the IAOA Membership, by which it can be examined and debated during the discussion phase of the ballot.
[as of March 13, 2019]
To Whom It May Concern, We have checked independently the account of the association IAOA Switzerland from 2018-01-01 to 2018-12-31. The bill closes with expenses of 86.58 € and earnings 2667.07 €, with a profit of 2580.49 €. To the best of our knowledge, the balance shown in the balance sheet is consistent, and the accounting is clear and managed correctly. Megan Katsumi, IAOA Auditor Adrien Barton, IAOA Substitute Auditor
Go to Member Area > "Utilities" > "Vote on 2018 Financial Report", then cast your vote - many thanks!
Process Details and Remarks
- Go to the IAOA website, Member Area and log in with your IAOA account details. If you do not remember your password, use the Lost your password? page. If even that should fail, please contact <secretary[at]iaoa.org>.
- Find "Utilities" as an item under "Member Area" and follow the ballot link on "Utilities" to the ballot page.
- Cast your vote for the 2018 Financial Report, with these voting options:
- "Yes" (for acceptance)
- "No" (for rejection)
Results of the Ballot
- Total votes: 17
- Number of members as of 10 April 2019: 72
- Participation rate: 23.6%:
- Ballot on the 2018 Financial Report:
- Yes: 16 (94.1%)
- No: 0 (0.0%)
- Abstain: 1 (5.9%)
The vote is valid and the 2018 Financial Report is approved by a majority of 94.1% by the participants., as officially announced by the President on 2019-04-20, cf. the announcement message.
Terms of Reference
- Please refer to the IAOA Statute, especially Clauses "13. Assembly" and "11. Voting and Decisions".
- In effect, no quorum applies and there must be more "Yes" than "No" votes in order to approve the Financial Report (and the Auditors Report).
- If you would like to vote by proxy, please state so via email to both (a) the member holding your proxy, and (b) <secretary[at]iaoa.org>
It is the responsibility of the Assembly: [...] To approve the annual financial report and the report of the auditors; [...]. The Assembly approves motions on Statute changes and the dissolution of the Association by qualified majority, all other decisions are made by simple majority.
(excerpt of Clause 13.)
By default, ballots on motions have the voting options "Yes", "No" and "Abstain". For such ballots the following definitions apply.
A simple majority is reached if there are more "Yes" than "No" votes, disregarding the number of abstentions. A qualified majority is reached if at least two thirds of all casted votes are "Yes". In ballots of the Assembly, there is no quorum for motions that require a simple majority and motions that require a qualified majority have a quorum of 30% of all personal members. All ballots of the Executive Council, [...]."
(excerpt of Clause 11.)