|Date/Time||21 Mar 2023 15:00 GMT|
|8:00am PDT/11:00am EDT|
|3:00pm GMT/4:00pm CST|
OBO Academy with WikiData
- Andra Waagmeester and Tiago Lubiana will be presenting Introduction to WikiData
- Wikidata is the all-purpose knowledge graph of the Wikimedia Foundation, available for anyone to query and to edit. Over the past 10 years, Wikidata has grown as a Linked Open Data hub in the web, providing structured information for Wikipedia, for the Google Knowledge graph and beyond. In this webinar, two Wikidata editors specialized in the life sciences domain will present the inner working of Wikidata, how anyone can connect their research information (and metainformation) to the platform, and how it can further connect OBO ontologies with society.
- Tiago Lubiana is a PhD Candidate in computational biology at the University of São Paulo, studying modelling of cell types in the context of the Human Cell Atlas and Wikidata. He is a member of the Brazilian NGO Wiki Movement Brazil, as well as an active member of the Cell Ontology and the International Society for Biocuration.
- Andra Waagmeester is a linked/FAIR data jack of all trades. His main focus of work is on linked data and curation pipelines in Biomedical and Biodiversity projects. Andra has also been involved in the Gene Wiki project. Between 2014 and 2022 Gene Wiki build and maintained a family of bots and pipelines to align wikidata with public data sources on genes, proteins, diseases and chemical compounds. Some of those resources were OBO ontologies.
- Sponsored by the Monarch Initiative OBO Academy: https://oboacademy.github.io/obook/courses/monarch-obo-training/
Conference Call Information
- Date: Wednesday, 21 Mar 2023
- Start Time: 8:00am PDT / 11:00am EDT / 4:00pm CET / 3:00pm GMT / 1500 UTC
- ref: World Clock
- Note: The US and Canada are on Daylight Saving Time while Europe has not yet changed.
- Expected Call Duration: 1 hour
- Conference Call Information
- Zoom Meeting URL: https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/98450763854?pwd=N2lhajNMNER0ekZVaFlyWFM2TXUwZz09
- Meeting ID: 984 5076 3854
- Passcode: wikidata
- For more information see ConferenceCall_2023_03_21/ConferenceCallInformation
|ConferenceCall 2023 03 21||Wikidata|
|ConferenceCall 2023 03 15||Design Patterns|
|ConferenceCall 2023 03 08||Modules and Patterns|
|... further results|
|ConferenceCall 2023 03 29||Synthesis|
|ConferenceCall 2023 04 05||Science on Schema.org|
|ConferenceCall 2023 04 12||Panel|
|... further results|