From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: Architecture & API Workshop-VII - Fri 2011_07_29     (1)

Topic: Originally planned "OOR Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-VII" for this session is again postponed     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1C6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1C8)

Attendees     (1E)

  • Expecting:     (1E2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1E3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1F)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1F1)

Abstract     (1G)

As a result of the two OOR Architecture and API panel sessions back in Oct & Nov-2010, we have been exposed to a large number of architecture and API candidates for ontology repositories. We have had requirements for the OOR, at least in broad outline form, since the Ontology Summit 2008. We have been running an OOR sandbox based on BioPortal. Most recently, we have forked from the BioPortal code base with the intention of proceeding separately with the development of a reference implementation.     (1G1)

At this series of meetings, we are going through the process of producing the actual OOR specification. It will be run as a workshop where the straw man proposal will be discussed and modified as needed.     (1G2)

The various architectures and APIs for ontology repositories presented for consideration are available at OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture     (1G3)

In addition, there is an API of the core services that was obtained from BioPortal, which is not entirely compatible with the straw man architecture, but furnishes a starting point. This API will also be discussed and modified as needed.     (1G5)

Finally, we need to agree on a plan for completing the development of the specification.     (1G8)

We encourage all participants to update your candidate contributions to ensure your ideas are known and understood.     (1G10)

The following are relevant prior meetings:     (1G11)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1H)

Since we did not have a quorum, it was decided (by the three who were in attendance) to postpone the workshop. We spend some time updating one another on latest relevant developments in the OOR-related world and then adjourned the meeting.     (1H1)

In-session chat-transcript     (1H2)

OpenOntologyRepository: Architecture & API Workshop-VII - Fri 2011_07_29     (1H2B)

Topic: "OOR Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-VII"     (1H2C)

Ken Baclawski: Good morning Peter     (1H2H)

Peter P. Yim: it's the summer, and a lot of people are still away ...     (1H2J)

therefore, like the 2011_07_08 session, I suggest we postpone if we do not have 5     (1H2K)

anonymous morphed into Todd Schneider     (1H2M)

Todd Schneider: I concur with Peter's suggestion (and I'm very tired)     (1H2N)

Ken Baclawski: The new UI code has been checked in. The sandbox and source code are now consistent.     (1H2O)

Ken Baclawski: The ontology categories have not yet been updated. This will be handled soon.     (1H2P)

Peter P. Yim: we need to revisit meeting times ... and also find out if we want to meet     (1H2R)

much at all in August because of the summer     (1H2S)

Peter P. Yim: REMINDER: important OOR team meeting next Friday 2011_08_05 ... don't miss it!     (1H2T)

Peter P. Yim: -- session ended 6:55am PDT --     (1H2U)

The agenda below was not covered during the call!     (1H2V)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1H2W)

  • ______ volunteered to keep a record of the proceedings     (1H2Y)

2. Roll Call & Adoption of last meeting's minutes:     (1H2AA)

3. Key items for review and discussion today:     (1H2AE)

... items below are mostly from the previous workshop, and will be updated as this session progresses.     (1H2AK)

  • Gatekeeping specifies the a set of minimal requirements that any ontology within the OOR has to meet. The latter are intended to enable the users of the OOR to find quickly ontologies that fit their needs; the criteria are not supposed to ensure the quality of the ontologies.     (1H2AL)

Consensus, Conclusions & Follow-up Actions:     (1H2AN)

4. Any Other Business:     (1H2AP)

5. Action items:     (1H2AQ)

6. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1H2AR)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.07.29-7:12am PDT     (1H2AW)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1H2AX)


Resources     (1I)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1I15)