From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2008-03-24 14:27:33 By user: PeterYim)

Revision as of 11:02, 18 December 2012

[ ]


OntologySummit2008 - Content Committee Meeting - Mon 2008-03-24     (1)

  • This is the 3rd of the OntologySummit2008 Content Committee's weekly information sharing conference calls. The call is expected to be ~1 Hour.     (1A)
  • The key purpose of these meetings is to share information about discussion topics and     (1C)

content coordination best practices.     (1D)

As facilitators of the Summit Content Committee, our purpose is to invigorate discussion within the OntologySummit2008 and assure that the community can effectively explore, debate, deliberate and capture that content through our online discourse, between the Feb-27 Launch Event and the Apr-28 & 29 (2008) face-to-face workshop.     (1E)

  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1F6)

Attendees:     (1H)

Agenda Ideas     (1I)

  • (please insert content below; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1I1)
  • Report on tie-in of Content activities to the Program Planners and F2F-Program Agenda     (1I2)
  • Mention applicable upcoming Ontolog Forum panel sessions.     (1I3)
  • Discuss progress of discussion threads.     (1I4)
    • Brief topic area activity summaries given by one or both topic area champions.     (1I4A)

Agenda and Proceedings     (1J)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1J1)

2. Attendees:     (1J5)

3. Discussion:     (1J6)

Michelle chaired the meeting and Ravi agreed to take notes. Michelle: Mark and Leo will be providing details of how champions will be providing the Communique'. Need to talk about time each group needs, at least half of the time be for discussions, based on breadth and depth of discussions. How much time for 4 major sections for presentation and rest for Q&A. Champions can summarize or minipanel approach. For OOR Architecture Michelle's (and Ravi agrees) suggestion is that we present a couple of different frameworks and related architecture issues as examples. Similarly other Champions please think about your areas.     (1J7)

Leo suggested: Short synapsis and starting position modified slightly by session chairs would help.     (1J8)

Fabian: Next day final version of final docuement of Summit may be a way of reaching consensus.     (1J9)

Leo: I agree. Mark and Leo will put out a structure. Individuals are updating Wiki Page Individual contributions from the group in Wiki that can be incorporated in the Communique' not just threads but a summary.     (1J10)

Leo: Individual chamnpions will capture non-controversial topic related synopsis. Leo and Mark want the summary to be ready earlier.     (1J11)

Leo: Four Sections Intellectual content and one for Second day OOR summary that takes us through what we have done towards realizing it.     (1J12)

Michelle: Closely moderated session by champions and direct the discourse to keep it focussed by a panel to focus on a communique' section. Peter suggested as to Why it is in the communique'. Michelle: Last Communique' has been typically 2 pages, say half page from each section. Leo: Yes it is a good goal, but can be say expanded to five pages. Fabian: Few sentaences would be hard. Leo and Michelle suggested to look at Communique' from last Summit.     (1J13)

Peter Summarized the rich variety of upcoming events on 03/27, 04/03 and 04/10 that will be very varied and with rich presentations that will have good Q&A time. See details here.     (1J14)

Fabian: Different Perspectives on Ontologies - agreement on all types of ontologies amenable to repositories, therefore discussion summary document is required.     (1J15)

Michelle: Mainpage Ontology of Ontologies specifically added on main Summit page. Awaiting marching orders from Leo and Mark.     (1J16)

4. New Issues:     (1J17)

5. Any Other Business:     (1J18)

6. Action items:     (1J19)

Await Leo and Mark's guidelines and we continue to provide content for the Summit.     (1J20)

7. Verify Time and Agenda for Weekly Content Committee Meeting & Adjourn:     (1J21)

notes taken by: [[RaviSharma]] / 2008.03.24- PDT
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.