From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]KenBaclawski[ ]" to " Ken Baclawski ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** MikeDean (chair)  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (chair)  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
** TimDarr  
+
** [[TimDarr|Tim Darr]]
** YuriyMilov  
+
** [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]]
** ToddSchneider  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
Line 45: Line 45:
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] (traveling)  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] (traveling)  
** LeoObrst  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]
  
 
== Agenda Ideas  ==
 
== Agenda Ideas  ==
Line 58: Line 58:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
Line 67: Line 67:
  
 
* welcome and intro of new member(s) (as needed)  
 
* welcome and intro of new member(s) (as needed)  
** TimDarr (Knowledge Based Systems, Inc.)  
+
** [[TimDarr|Tim Darr]] (Knowledge Based Systems, Inc.)  
 
*** have knowledge engineering and ontology development project that will need repository services  
 
*** have knowledge engineering and ontology development project that will need repository services  
 
*** can provide requirements, from the perspective as a user  
 
*** can provide requirements, from the perspective as a user  
 
*** will help out in whatever way we can  
 
*** will help out in whatever way we can  
*** Todd / Peter: please try to participate in OntologySummit2011 (turns out ChrisMenzel is a colleague at their company)  
+
*** Todd / Peter: please try to participate in [[OntologySummit2011|Ontology Summit 2011]] (turns out [[ChrisMenzel|Chris Menzel]] is a colleague at their company)  
** YuriyMilov: still observing; will try to contribute, from the vantage point of a software engineer.  
+
** [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]]: still observing; will try to contribute, from the vantage point of a software engineer.  
  
 
3. Status Review and Discussion:  
 
3. Status Review and Discussion:  
Line 102: Line 102:
 
* a review of OOR in 2010  
 
* a review of OOR in 2010  
 
** what was accomplished  
 
** what was accomplished  
*** Mike / Todd: successful in getting the word out about OOR; specifically with presentations at ESWC-ORES, SemTech and ISWC-SERES  
+
*** Mike / Todd: successful in getting the word out about OOR; specifically with presentations at ESWC-ORES, [[SemTech]] and ISWC-SERES  
 
*** Mike / Peter: IPR Policy  
 
*** Mike / Peter: IPR Policy  
 
*** Mike / Peter: funding success at SOCoP and [[DataONE]] (Data Integration and Semantics Work Group), both of which has OOR on their agenda  
 
*** Mike / Peter: funding success at SOCoP and [[DataONE]] (Data Integration and Semantics Work Group), both of which has OOR on their agenda  
Line 128: Line 128:
 
** [[SOCoP_INTEROP]]  
 
** [[SOCoP_INTEROP]]  
 
** [[DataONE]]  
 
** [[DataONE]]  
** NeOn (KMi and STL)  
+
** [[NeOn]] (KMi and STL)  
 
** ONKI  
 
** ONKI  
 
** MMI  
 
** MMI  
Line 162: Line 162:
 
** [http://dataone.org [[DataONE]]]  
 
** [http://dataone.org [[DataONE]]]  
  
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming OntologySummit2011 ?  
+
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming [[OntologySummit2011|Ontology Summit 2011]] ?  
 
** Theme: "Making the Case for Ontology"  
 
** Theme: "Making the Case for Ontology"  
** ToddSchneider will help drive  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] will help drive  
  
* PeterYim: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
  
 
* '''OOR system architecture'''  
 
* '''OOR system architecture'''  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
*** candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...  
+
*** candidate architecture team: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], Natasha Noy, ...  
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...  
+
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[MikeUschold|Mike Uschold]], [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]], Mark Musen, [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ...  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
  
Line 184: Line 184:
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
** do we consider github (as suggested by NatashaNoy on 2010.09.17)?  
+
** do we consider github (as suggested by Natasha Noy on 2010.09.17)?  
 
** action items -  
 
** action items -  
  
Line 191: Line 191:
 
5. '''Funding progress:'''  
 
5. '''Funding progress:'''  
  
* YuriyMilov - funding available from Russia - see: http://www.i-gorod.com/en/  
+
* [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]] - funding available from Russia - see: http://www.i-gorod.com/en/  
 
** e.g. Jimmy Wales (wikipedia) is approaching them  
 
** e.g. Jimmy Wales (wikipedia) is approaching them  
  
 
6. '''Any Other Business:'''  
 
6. '''Any Other Business:'''  
  
* YuriyMilov - any activities relating to data.gov  
+
* [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]] - any activities relating to data.gov  
 
** see: http://toronto.ca/open  
 
** see: http://toronto.ca/open  
 
** Peter: yes ... they are on our radar screen - see: http://data.gov - RPI has successfully put "Semantic Web" on there, literally  
 
** Peter: yes ... they are on our radar screen - see: http://data.gov - RPI has successfully put "Semantic Web" on there, literally  
Line 202: Line 202:
 
7. '''Action items:'''  
 
7. '''Action items:'''  
  
* MikeDean & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting  
** Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.  
+
** Mike will ping Natasha Noy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of [[BioPortal]] install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.  
  
 
8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:  
 
8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:  
Line 300: Line 300:
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
+
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JamieClark]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer & BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen[[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: ToddSchneider; Panelists: MarkMusen, NatashaNoy, MikeDean, PaulBuitelaar / AndreasHarth, MathieuDaquin, KenBaclawski, MichaelGruninger - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19     
+
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]; Panelists: Mark Musen, Natasha Noy, [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[PaulBuitelaar|Paul Buitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth|Andreas Harth]], [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19     
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
+
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache|Tania Tudorache]], [[TimRedmond|Tim Redmond]], Natasha Noy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
+
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: Natasha Noy - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]], [[PaulAlexander|Paul Alexander]], [[JohnGraybeal|John Graybeal]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: MikeDean - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], Natasha Noy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & ToddSchneider - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
+
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MatthewHettinger|Matthew Hettinger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez|Máximo Gurméndez]] - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     
+
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]] - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: ToddSchneider & MichaelGruninger - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MikeDean, NatashaNoy, ImmanuelNormann, KenBaclawski, MichaelGruninger - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17     
+
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Natasha Noy, [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17     
 
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15     
 
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15     
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & MichaelGruninger - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, EricChan - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19     
+
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19     
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  

Latest revision as of 03:29, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2011-01-07     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

[edit] Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C3A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E8)

  • 1. Prepare and adopt an OOR system architecture     (1E11)
    • define and adopt a set of API's     (1E11A)
    • define and adopt the set of ontology metadata (as an extension of OMV) that authors of the ontology are required to provide when they upload ontologies to the OOR     (1E11B)
    • define and adopt a core development platform     (1E11C)
  • 2. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1E12)
  • 3. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1E13)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code     (1E13A)
    • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1E13B)
  • 4. systematically solicit content contributions     (1E14)
    • from the communities engaging in ontology research, development, engineering and applications     (1E14A)
    • from the communities engaging in digital content and knowledge organization structures     (1E14B)
  • 5. get the work funded     (1E15)
  • 6. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1E16)
  • 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach     (1E17)

[edit] Key items for review and discussion today     (1E18)

  • review and rationalizing the "Most Critical Task(s) At Hand" list (above)     (1E18E)

items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...     (1E18F)

4. Member activities updates:     (1E18Q)

5. Funding progress:     (1E18R)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E18T)

7. Action items:     (1E18V)

  • Mike Dean & Ken Baclawski to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting     (1E18W)
    • Mike will ping Natasha Noy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.     (1E18W1)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E18X)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.01.07-9:47am PST     (1E18AB)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E18AC)


[edit] Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F20)