From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(7 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
= [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-01  =
 
= [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-01  =
  
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details: ===
+
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ===
  
 
* Date: '''Friday, 1-Oct-2010'''  
 
* Date: '''Friday, 1-Oct-2010'''  
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[MikeDean]] (chair)  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (chair)  
** [[PeterYim]] (scribe)  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (scribe)  
** [[KenBaclawski]]  
+
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
** [[AdamPease]]  
+
** [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]]  
** [[ToddSchneider]]  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
** [[LeoObrst]]  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]  
** [[JohnBateman]]  
+
** [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]]  
 
** ...  
 
** ...  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** [[MattHettinger]]  
+
** [[MattHettinger|Matt Hettinger]]  
 
*   
 
*   
 
** ... ''if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation.'' ...  
 
** ... ''if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation.'' ...  
Line 49: Line 49:
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
  
== Agenda Ideas: ==
+
== Agenda Ideas  ==
  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
Line 57: Line 57:
 
* Review and invoke follow-up actions on the three recent major events:  
 
* Review and invoke follow-up actions on the three recent major events:  
 
** the OOR-IPR sessions - [[OpenOntologyRepository_IPR]]  
 
** the OOR-IPR sessions - [[OpenOntologyRepository_IPR]]  
** the "CL support for OOR" session - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_10]]
+
** the "CL support for OOR" session - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10  
 
** the OOR "Fork" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
 
** the OOR "Fork" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
 
* ...  
 
* ...  
Line 65: Line 65:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* [[MikeDean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
* note that we are running an [http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor/ in-session chat] facility during this meeting. Please login there (with your [[WikiWord]] name.)  
+
* note that we are running an [http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor/ in-session chat] facility during this meeting. Please login there (with your WikiWord name.)  
  
 
2. Roll Call:  
 
2. Roll Call:  
Line 118: Line 118:
 
** do we float the "no software patents" position?  
 
** do we float the "no software patents" position?  
  
* '''the "CL support for OOR" session - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_10]]'''  
+
* '''the "CL support for OOR" session - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10'''  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and API discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and API discussion which we will try to set up asap  
  
 
* '''the OOR "Fork" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]'''  
 
* '''the OOR "Fork" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]'''  
** Peter needs to confer with [[MarkMusen]]
+
** Peter needs to confer with Mark Musen
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
  
Line 128: Line 128:
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
*** candidate architecture team: [[MikeDean]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[ToddSchneider]], [[ImmanuelNormann]], [[TillMossakowski]], [[CameronRoss]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[AdamPease]], [[NatashaNoy]], ...  
+
*** candidate architecture team: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], Natasha Noy, ...  
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) [[AlexGarcia]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[MikeUschold]], [[JohnBateman]], [[JohnSowa]], [[PatHayes]], [[PatCassidy]], [[MarkMusen]], [[LeoObrst]], [[PeterYim]], ...  
+
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[MikeUschold|Mike Uschold]], [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]], Mark Musen, [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ...  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
  
Line 141: Line 141:
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
** do we consider github (as suggested by [[NatashaNoy]] on 2010.09.17)?  
+
** do we consider github (as suggested by Natasha Noy on 2010.09.17)?  
 
** action items -  
 
** action items -  
  
Line 151: Line 151:
  
 
* Next Meeting:  
 
* Next Meeting:  
** our next regular team call, Fri 2010.10.15 - see details session page at: [[OOR/[[ConferenceCall]] _2010_10_15]]  
+
** our next regular team call, Fri 2010.10.15 - see details session page at: [[OOR/ConferenceCall _2010_10_15]]  
** [[MichaelGruninger]] has advised that, with this school term (between now and December), he has a class at 12:00~1:00pm ET. ... suggesting start-time change from 12:00pm to either 1:00pm or 1:30pm ET .... discussion - no conclusion:  
+
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] has advised that, with this school term (between now and December), he has a class at 12:00~1:00pm ET. ... suggesting start-time change from 12:00pm to either 1:00pm or 1:30pm ET .... discussion - no conclusion:  
 
*** before deciding ... '''Peter to do a doodle poll''' and find out from the key players what time (on Fridays) would work best, and move our standard time slot.  
 
*** before deciding ... '''Peter to do a doodle poll''' and find out from the key players what time (on Fridays) would work best, and move our standard time slot.  
 
** ''Note: earlier resolution: all team members please (if possible) block out Fridays 1.5 Hr starting 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 16:00 GMT/UTC ''  
 
** ''Note: earlier resolution: all team members please (if possible) block out Fridays 1.5 Hr starting 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 16:00 GMT/UTC ''  
  
 
* Call adjourned at: 10:38 am PDT  
 
* Call adjourned at: 10:38 am PDT  
 
  
 
--
 
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2010.10.01-10:39am PDT
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
 
  
 +
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2010.10.01-10:39am PDT
 +
 +
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
  
 
----
 
----
Line 240: Line 240:
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks]], [[BrucePerens]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_09]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: [[MarkMusen]] - Panelists: [[CameronRoss]], [[AlanRector]], [[JohnSowa]], [[BrucePerens]], [[JohnWilbanks]], [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_16]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim]], [[MikeDean]], [[BrucePerens]], [[JamieClark]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_30]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JamieClark]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken]]; Panelists: [[BruceBargmeyer]], [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]], [[FarrukhNajmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_02_28]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug]], [[EvanWallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[PeterBenson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_03_27]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat]], [[DekeSmith]], [[MarciaZeng]], [[DeniseBedford]], [[PatHayes]], [[MalaMehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_03]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger]], [[PeterHaase]], [[NatashaNoy]] &amp;  [[ElisaKendall]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_10]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &amp;  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]],  [[LiDing]], [[BruceBargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen,  [[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider]]; Panelists: [[MarkMusen]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[MikeDean]], [[PaulBuitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_02_19]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]; Panelists: Mark Musen, Natasha Noy, [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[PaulBuitelaar|Paul Buitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth|Andreas Harth]], [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: [[MarkMusen]] - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache]], [[TimRedmond]], [[NatashaNoy]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_07_16]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache|Tania Tudorache]], [[TimRedmond|Tim Redmond]], Natasha Noy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "[[BioPortal]] and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: [[NatashaNoy]] - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda]], [[PaulAlexander]], [[JohnGraybeal]], [[MikeDean]], [[StephenGranite]], [[AlexGarcia]], [[KenBaclawski]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_07_30]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: Natasha Noy - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]], [[PaulAlexander|Paul Alexander]], [[JohnGraybeal|John Graybeal]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[NatashaNoy]] - OOR/[[ConferenceCall_2010_02_19]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], Natasha Noy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[KenBaclawski]] &amp; [[ToddSchneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider]], [[MatthewHettinger]], [[KenBaclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_04_01]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] &amp; [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MatthewHettinger|Matthew Hettinger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez|M&aacute;ximo Gurm&eacute;ndez]] - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa]] - Panelists: [[JohnBateman]]-[[TillMossakowski]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[CameronRoss]], [[AdamPease]], [[PatHayes]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_10]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]] - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider]], [[MikeDean]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[ImmanuelNormann]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger]] - OOR/[[ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Natasha Noy, [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
* '''[[OntologySummit2008]]''' homepage  
+
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
** '''[[OntologySummit2008]]/[[FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
+
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  
Line 281: Line 281:
 
* '''Public sandbox instance of OOR (OOR-sandbox) - http://oor-01.cim3.net/ontologies'''  
 
* '''Public sandbox instance of OOR (OOR-sandbox) - http://oor-01.cim3.net/ontologies'''  
 
** '''[[OOR_SandBox]]'''  
 
** '''[[OOR_SandBox]]'''  
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development
+
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]    [[Category:OOR]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_01 here] for original page

Latest revision as of 02:28, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-10-01     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

[edit] Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C3A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E6)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E9)

Since work up the next level of details on the upcoming 5 virtual sessions is top urgent, and will need as much time as we can afford today, let's just focus on that for this meeting (and drop the other regular agenda items for today.)     (1E11)
... for continuity, please check out the proceedings of the last OOR-team meeting at: OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_08_20     (1E12)
  • 1. Prepare and adopt an OOR system architecture     (1E14)
    • define and adopt a set of API's     (1E14A)
    • define and adopt the set of ontology metadata (as an extension of OMV) that authors of the ontology are required to provide when they upload ontologies to the OOR     (1E14B)
  • 2. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1E15)
  • 3. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1E16)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code     (1E16A)
    • clarify IPR issues related to Ontology & OOR and adopt a consensus IPR policy for OOR contributions     (1E16B)
    • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1E16C)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage content stewards and have them contribute ontologies to our public instance of OOR     (1E16D)
  • 4. systematically solicit content contributions     (1E17)
  • 5. get the work funded     (1E18)
  • 6. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1E19)
  • 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach     (1E20)

... [decision] consensus to adopt the above as updated     (1E21)

  • Review and invoke follow-up actions on the three recent major events:     (1E22)
    • just "Simplified BSD" or accepting more than one "gift" licenses for codes?     (1E23A)
    • review, discussion and concluding ...     (1E23B)
      • we will make every attempt to convince contributors to go with the default "Simplified BSD" "gift" license     (1E23B1)
      • we will remove MIT and Apache from the mix     (1E23B2)
      • we will add a bullet to accept libraries, which can be used by OOR, or contributed by their authors to the OOR initiative, when such are under licenses like Apache or LGPL, or any of the abovementioned "gift" licenses ("Simplified BSD", [[FreeBSD]], Mozilla & Eclipse.)     (1E23B3)
      • as much as possible, we will try to modularize the code, so that each module would be under one license     (1E23B4)
      • other open source or open content licensing possibilities will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis     (1E23B5)
    • do we float the "no software patents" position?     (1E23C)
  • the "CL support for OOR" session - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     (1E24)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with Architecture and API discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1E24A)

4. Any Other Business:     (1E30)

5. Action items:     (1E31)

6. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E32)

  • Next Meeting:     (1E33)
    • our next regular team call, Fri 2010.10.15 - see details session page at: OOR/ConferenceCall _2010_10_15     (1E33A)
    • Michael Grüninger has advised that, with this school term (between now and December), he has a class at 12:00~1:00pm ET. ... suggesting start-time change from 12:00pm to either 1:00pm or 1:30pm ET .... discussion - no conclusion:     (1E33B)
      • before deciding ... Peter to do a doodle poll and find out from the key players what time (on Fridays) would work best, and move our standard time slot.     (1E33B1)
    • Note: earlier resolution: all team members please (if possible) block out Fridays 1.5 Hr starting 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1E33C)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.10.01-10:39am PDT     (1E36)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E37)


[edit] Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F20)