From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
'''[[OpenOntologyRepository]] team conference call, Fri 2009-12-11, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC'''  
 
'''[[OpenOntologyRepository]] team conference call, Fri 2009-12-11, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC'''  
  
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details: ===
+
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ===
  
 
* Date: '''Friday, December 11, 2009 '''  
 
* Date: '''Friday, December 11, 2009 '''  
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[MikeDean]] (chair)  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (chair)  
** [[PeterYim]]  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
** [[KenBaclawski]]  
+
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
** [[ToddSchneider]]  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
** [[YavuzEren]]  
+
** [[YavuzEren|Yavuz Eren]]  
 
** Daniel Cerys (BBN / Raytheon)  
 
** Daniel Cerys (BBN / Raytheon)  
** [[BartGajderowicz]]  
+
** [[BartGajderowicz|Bart Gajderowicz]]  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** [[LeoObrst]]  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]  
 
*   
 
*   
 
** ... ''if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation.'' ...  
 
** ... ''if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation.'' ...  
Line 48: Line 48:
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
  
== Agenda Ideas: ==
+
== Agenda Ideas  ==
  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
  
 
* OOR-sandbox installation progress review  
 
* OOR-sandbox installation progress review  
* Discussion on the role OOR can play in [[OntologySummit2010]]  
+
* Discussion on the role OOR can play in [[OntologySummit2010|Ontology Summit 2010]]  
 
* start thinking about driving the "content" front  
 
* start thinking about driving the "content" front  
 
* progress review on planned OOR-related events  
 
* progress review on planned OOR-related events  
Line 64: Line 64:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* [[MikeDean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 94: Line 94:
 
* '''Key items for discussion at this call:'''  
 
* '''Key items for discussion at this call:'''  
 
** OOR-sandbox installation progress review  
 
** OOR-sandbox installation progress review  
** Discussion on the role OOR can play in [[OntologySummit2010]]  
+
** Discussion on the role OOR can play in [[OntologySummit2010|Ontology Summit 2010]]  
 
** start thinking about driving the "content" front  
 
** start thinking about driving the "content" front  
 
** progress review on planned OOR-related events  
 
** progress review on planned OOR-related events  
Line 110: Line 110:
 
** please post an entry to the [[OpenOntologyRepository_ResearchActivity]] page  
 
** please post an entry to the [[OpenOntologyRepository_ResearchActivity]] page  
  
* proposal for a ORES10 workshop at ESCW 2010 (end May 2010, Greece) was made by [[AlexGarcia]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[KimViljanen]] & [[ChristophLange]] earlier this week  
+
* proposal for a ORES10 workshop at ESCW 2010 (end May 2010, Greece) was made by AlexGarcia, [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], KimViljanen & [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]] earlier this week  
 
** we'll invite the organizer of the workshop to come tell us more about it (after the workshop proposal is formally accepted) maybe at our next OOR meeting  
 
** we'll invite the organizer of the workshop to come tell us more about it (after the workshop proposal is formally accepted) maybe at our next OOR meeting  
  
* Discussion / 2009.12.11: [[OntologySummit2010]] launched on 2009.12.10 (yesterday)  
+
* Discussion / 2009.12.11: [[OntologySummit2010|Ontology Summit 2010]] launched on 2009.12.10 (yesterday)  
 
** ''(from previous meeting discussions:)'' what role can OOR (would want to) play?  
 
** ''(from previous meeting discussions:)'' what role can OOR (would want to) play?  
 
*** Mike: "OOR" as a means/tool to educate  
 
*** Mike: "OOR" as a means/tool to educate  
Line 123: Line 123:
  
 
* Funding and proposals  
 
* Funding and proposals  
** [[KenBaclawski]] submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with [[PeterYim]] and [[MikeDean]].  
+
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] and MikeDean.  
 
*** Ken: our STCI proposal seems to have been declined by NSF; NEU has been re-organizing the Tech Transfer office, so the people handling our submission is not available any more  
 
*** Ken: our STCI proposal seems to have been declined by NSF; NEU has been re-organizing the Tech Transfer office, so the people handling our submission is not available any more  
 
**** Ken will try to call the NSF program officer to find out  
 
**** Ken will try to call the NSF program officer to find out  
** [[PeterYim]] is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with [[MarkMusen]]
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with Mark Musen
** [[CarlosRueda]] has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
+
** [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]] has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
 
** Peter:  
 
** Peter:  
*** [[FrankOlken]] reminded people that NSF-CISE small proposals are due 2009.12.17  
+
*** [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]] reminded people that NSF-CISE small proposals are due 2009.12.17  
 
*** also, a new NSF VOSS program solicitation (NSF 10-504)is out, and proposals are due 2010.01.25 - see: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10504/nsf10504.htm  
 
*** also, a new NSF VOSS program solicitation (NSF 10-504)is out, and proposals are due 2010.01.25 - see: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10504/nsf10504.htm  
  
Line 148: Line 148:
  
 
* Call adjourned at: 10:20 am PST  
 
* Call adjourned at: 10:20 am PST  
 
  
 
--
 
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2009.12.11-10:20am PST
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
 
  
 +
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2009.12.11-10:20am PST
 +
 +
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
  
 
----
 
----
Line 214: Line 214:
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken]]; Panelists: [[BruceBargmeyer]], [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]], [[FarrukhNajmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_02_28]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug]], [[EvanWallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[PeterBenson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_03_27]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat]], [[DekeSmith]], [[MarciaZeng]], [[DeniseBedford]], [[PatHayes]], [[MalaMehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_03]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger]], [[PeterHaase]], [[NatashaNoy]] &amp;  [[ElisaKendall]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_10]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &amp;  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]],  [[LiDing]], [[BruceBargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen,  [[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
* '''[[OntologySummit2008]]''' homepage  
+
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
** '''[[OntologySummit2008]]/[[FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
+
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  
Line 243: Line 243:
 
* '''OOR Project site at [[SemWebCentral]]''' - http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org  
 
* '''OOR Project site at [[SemWebCentral]]''' - http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org  
 
* our first '''sandbox instance of OOR''' - http://oor-01.cim3.net/  
 
* our first '''sandbox instance of OOR''' - http://oor-01.cim3.net/  
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development
+
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]    [[Category:OOR]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_12_11 here] for original page

Latest revision as of 03:26, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-12-11     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009-12-11, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

[edit] Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D3A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F8)

  • Review of our priority list:     (1F11)
    • 1. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1F11A)
    • 2. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1F11B)
      • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1F11B1)
    • 3. systematically solicit content contributions     (1F11C)
    • 4. get the work funded     (1F11D)
    • 5. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1F11E)
  • Mike: BBN-Raytheon will be standing up a copy of OOR and Dan Cerys (working out of Massachusetts) will be doing it.     (1F13)
  • OOR-sandbox installation progress review     (1F14)
    • <oor-01f.cim3.net> with the updated version of BioPortal     (1F14A)
    • on re-deployment, we should have the "OOR-sandbox" label and the licensing correct     (1F14B)
    • Peter: when everyone is comfortable with the new install, we will remap the DNS to call that <oor-01.cim3.net> so the url would stay the same as before.     (1F14C)
  • proposal for a ORES10 workshop at ESCW 2010 (end May 2010, Greece) was made by AlexGarcia, Mathieu Daquin, KimViljanen & Christoph Lange earlier this week     (1F16)
    • we'll invite the organizer of the workshop to come tell us more about it (after the workshop proposal is formally accepted) maybe at our next OOR meeting     (1F16A)
  • Discussion / 2009.12.11: Ontology Summit 2010 launched on 2009.12.10 (yesterday)     (1F17)
    • (from previous meeting discussions:) what role can OOR (would want to) play?     (1F17A)
    • Mike: if outreach and "educating the public" is part of the agenda, the folks who used to be on W3C's Best Practices and Deployment Working Group and Education and Outreach Interest Group will be good candidates to engage     (1F17B)
    • Peter / 2009.12.11: Discourse to be in 3 Tracks: Content, Quality, Professional-Context ... and each further broken down into "present" and "future" outlooks     (1F17C)
    • Discussion:     (1F17D)
      • we can suggest that everything (for the summit) should be ontology based, and then offer the OOR-sandbox to be a platform used by the summit participants     (1F17D1)
      • we could offer content (course module and/or training material) on ontology repositories and registries     (1F17D2)

4. New Issues:     (1F20)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F21)

6. Action items:     (1F22)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F23)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2009.12.11-10:20am PST     (1F27)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F28)


[edit] Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)