From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2009-07-11 07:55:44 By user: PeterYim)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
'''[[OpenOntologyRepository]] team conference call, Fri 2009.06.12, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC'''  
 
'''[[OpenOntologyRepository]] team conference call, Fri 2009.06.12, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC'''  
  
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details: ===
+
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ===
  
 
* Date: '''Friday, June 12, 2009 '''  
 
* Date: '''Friday, June 12, 2009 '''  
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[LeoObrst]] (chair)  
+
** LeoObrst (chair)  
** [[PeterYim]]
+
** PeterYim  
** [[KatherineGoodier]]
+
** KatherineGoodier  
** [[MichaelGruninger]]
+
** MichaelGruninger  
** [[DarrenOng]]
+
** DarrenOng  
** [[NatashaNoy]]
+
** NatashaNoy  
** [[MikeDean]]
+
** MikeDean  
 
** [[GaryBergCross]]  
 
** [[GaryBergCross]]  
** [[KenBaclawski]]
+
** KenBaclawski  
** [[BartGajderowicz]]
+
** BartGajderowicz  
** [[PatCassidy]]
+
** PatCassidy  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
Line 49: Line 49:
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** [[RaviSharma]]
+
** RaviSharma  
  
== Agenda Ideas: ==
+
== Agenda Ideas  ==
  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
Line 64: Line 64:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* [[LeoObrst]] takes the chair and welcomed everyone  
+
* LeoObrst takes the chair and welcomed everyone  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* PeterYim volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 88: Line 88:
 
* Michael: OOR code development issues and discussion  
 
* Michael: OOR code development issues and discussion  
  
* '''Overview on UML diagrams of [[BioPortal]] systems'''  
+
* '''Overview on UML diagrams of BioPortal systems'''  
 
** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture#nid1XRD  
 
** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture#nid1XRD  
 
** Todd: UML diagrams generated by "Enterprise Architect" ... will be posting the full set ...  
 
** Todd: UML diagrams generated by "Enterprise Architect" ... will be posting the full set ...  
** Misha: the diagrams are complete; slightly difficult to read now -- some parts not 'relevant' to [[BioPortal]] could be removed to make it more readable; with the new update, a lot of changes coming in anyway as an ontology is being used  
+
** Misha: the diagrams are complete; slightly difficult to read now -- some parts not 'relevant' to BioPortal could be removed to make it more readable; with the new update, a lot of changes coming in anyway as an ontology is being used  
 
*** Misha will help provide a list of the 'relevent' subset of classes  
 
*** Misha will help provide a list of the 'relevent' subset of classes  
 
** Benjamin: MDA?  
 
** Benjamin: MDA?  
 
*** ... Todd: probably stick with UML now, and eventually move to CL?  
 
*** ... Todd: probably stick with UML now, and eventually move to CL?  
 
** Peter / Todd: will add revision level onto the diagrams in the future ... the ones from before, we'll add a date for identification purposes  
 
** Peter / Todd: will add revision level onto the diagrams in the future ... the ones from before, we'll add a date for identification purposes  
** Peter: [[MishaDorf]] suggested a full UML diagram and a highlight diagram ... guess Todd is working on them (haven't heard from him yet)  
+
** Peter: MishaDorf suggested a full UML diagram and a highlight diagram ... guess Todd is working on them (haven't heard from him yet)  
  
* Potential for collaboration with the geospatial ontology folks''' - [[NancyWiegand]] / [[GaryBergCross]]  
+
* Potential for collaboration with the geospatial ontology folks''' - NancyWiegand / [[GaryBergCross]]  
** Nancy: intro; [[SOCoP]] - submitting a grant proposal to NSF again; possibility of using OOR for their work  
+
** Nancy: intro; SOCoP - submitting a grant proposal to NSF again; possibility of using OOR for their work  
** Gary: intro - [[SOCoP]] secretary; use of ontology repository for interoperability, social aspect of sharing;  
+
** Gary: intro - SOCoP secretary; use of ontology repository for interoperability, social aspect of sharing;  
 
** Mike: welcome the collaboration; probably some additional features needed to support geospatial ontologies  
 
** Mike: welcome the collaboration; probably some additional features needed to support geospatial ontologies  
 
*** Nancy: how much development is expected?  
 
*** Nancy: how much development is expected?  
Line 114: Line 114:
 
** K: National Geospatial Symposium  
 
** K: National Geospatial Symposium  
  
* [[KatherineGoodier]]: presented at the International Data Mnagement Data Governance Conference  
+
* KatherineGoodier: presented at the International Data Mnagement Data Governance Conference  
 
** introduced and promoted OOR ... good reception from the participants  
 
** introduced and promoted OOR ... good reception from the participants  
 
** ''K please elaborate ...''  
 
** ''K please elaborate ...''  
Line 121: Line 121:
  
 
* Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel sessions ... on deck:  
 
* Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel sessions ... on deck:  
** panel session on Protege / webProtege / [[BioPortal]] / [[CODS]] / OOR-sandbox ... and how they work together, now and in the near future ... this is more a OOR user and content providers' session (this would go right before Natasha's's OOR implementers and developers' session) - chair: [[MarkMusen]] - date confirmed Thu 16-July-2009  
+
** panel session on Protege / webProtege / BioPortal / [[CODS]] / OOR-sandbox ... and how they work together, now and in the near future ... this is more a OOR user and content providers' session (this would go right before Natasha's's OOR implementers and developers' session) - chair: MarkMusen - date confirmed Thu 16-July-2009  
 
*** panelists will mainly be from Stanford / NCBO  
 
*** panelists will mainly be from Stanford / NCBO  
** panel session on "[[BioPortal]]-based ontology repository implementation and development" - chair: [[NatashaNoy]] - date confirmed Thu 30-July-2009  
+
** panel session on "BioPortal-based ontology repository implementation and development" - chair: NatashaNoy - date confirmed Thu 30-July-2009  
*** candidate panelists: NCBO folks, MMI folks, OOR- [[MikeDean]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[AlexGarcia]], Bart?, Gary?, ... anyone else?  
+
*** candidate panelists: NCBO folks, MMI folks, OOR- MikeDean, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, AlexGarcia, Bart?, Gary?, ... anyone else?  
  
 
*   
 
*   
** panel session on "OOR Research Issues" - champion: [[KenBaclawski]] - the date needs to be rescheduled  
+
** panel session on "OOR Research Issues" - champion: KenBaclawski - the date needs to be rescheduled  
*** candidate panelists: Michael, Leo->[[SuzetteStowtenburg]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[ElisaKendall]], [[ChrisWelty]], OOR team members from the EU, (and possibly other who were engaged when the OOR initiative first started ([[OpenOntologyRepository|ref.]]).  
+
*** candidate panelists: Michael, Leo->SuzetteStowtenburg, NatashaNoy, ElisaKendall, ChrisWelty, OOR team members from the EU, (and possibly other who were engaged when the OOR initiative first started ([[OpenOntologyRepository|ref.]]).  
 
*** Ken will send out a doodle scheduler on this soon!  
 
*** Ken will send out a doodle scheduler on this soon!  
  
Line 137: Line 137:
  
 
* '''OOR sandbox instance - status review''' - http://oor-01.cim3.net  
 
* '''OOR sandbox instance - status review''' - http://oor-01.cim3.net  
** Benjamin: major update - [[BioPortal]] v2.1d - to be released on 12-Jun-2009  
+
** Benjamin: major update - BioPortal v2.1d - to be released on 12-Jun-2009  
 
*** Natasha/2009.06.12 - slightly delayed, release date could now be a couple of week out  
 
*** Natasha/2009.06.12 - slightly delayed, release date could now be a couple of week out  
 
** Peter: hardware for OOR sandbox-2 (and later the production instance of OOR) will be ready fairly soon (next few days).  
 
** Peter: hardware for OOR sandbox-2 (and later the production instance of OOR) will be ready fairly soon (next few days).  
Line 146: Line 146:
  
 
* '''OOR development''' activities  
 
* '''OOR development''' activities  
** Michael: running into issues with trying to add FOL/CL upload/download onto the [[BioPortal]] codebase  
+
** Michael: running into issues with trying to add FOL/CL upload/download onto the BioPortal codebase  
 
*** Michael: issues with inherent binary relationship limitation with the existing OWL implementation (based on Protege)  
 
*** Michael: issues with inherent binary relationship limitation with the existing OWL implementation (based on Protege)  
*** Natasha: [[BioPortal]] now supports two backends now - the Protege backend and the [[LexGrid]] (OBO/Mayo) backend  
+
*** Natasha: BioPortal now supports two backends now - the Protege backend and the LexGrid (OBO/Mayo) backend  
*** [[PatCassidy]]: translate? ... having a CL backend for Protege would be useful  
+
*** PatCassidy: translate? ... having a CL backend for Protege would be useful  
 
** Peter: please continue this conversation on the [ppr-dev] list  
 
** Peter: please continue this conversation on the [ppr-dev] list  
 
** K: possibly add another use case for CL  
 
** K: possibly add another use case for CL  
Line 178: Line 178:
  
 
* Call adjourned at: 9:48 am PDT  
 
* Call adjourned at: 9:48 am PDT  
 
  
 
--
 
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2009.06.12-9:54am PDT
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
 
  
 +
notes taken by: PeterYim / 2009.06.12-9:54am PDT
 +
 +
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
  
 
----
 
----
Line 235: Line 235:
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FrankOlken]]; Panelists: [[BruceBargmeyer]], [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]], [[FarrukhNajmi]] & [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_02_28]]     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug]], [[EvanWallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[PeterBenson]] & [[RexBrooks]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_03_27]]     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat]], [[DekeSmith]], [[MarciaZeng]], [[DeniseBedford]], [[PatHayes]], [[MalaMehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_03]]     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith]] & [[MichaelGruninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger]], [[PeterHaase]], [[NatashaNoy]] &  [[ElisaKendall]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_10]]     
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]][[LiDing]], [[BruceBargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22]]     
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer & BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
* '''[[OntologySummit2008]]''' homepage  
+
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
** '''[[OntologySummit2008]]/[[FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
+
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  
Line 262: Line 262:
 
* '''OOR Project site at [[SemWebCentral]]''' - http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org  
 
* '''OOR Project site at [[SemWebCentral]]''' - http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org  
 
* our first '''sandbox instance of OOR''' - http://oor-01.cim3.net/  
 
* our first '''sandbox instance of OOR''' - http://oor-01.cim3.net/  
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development
+
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]    [[Category:OOR]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_06_12 here] for original page

Revision as of 23:53, 13 December 2015

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-06-12     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009.06.12, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D2A)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F7)

Suggested topics to be covered:     (1F10)

  • Potential for collaboration with the geospatial ontology folks - NancyWiegand / GaryBergCross     (1F16)
    • Nancy: intro; SOCoP - submitting a grant proposal to NSF again; possibility of using OOR for their work     (1F16A)
    • Gary: intro - SOCoP secretary; use of ontology repository for interoperability, social aspect of sharing;     (1F16B)
    • Mike: welcome the collaboration; probably some additional features needed to support geospatial ontologies     (1F16C)
    • K: how much data will be involved .. using data.gov?     (1F16D)
      • Gary: possibly using some USGS data (K: which is already linked to data.gov)     (1F16D1)
    • Nancy: supporting data store ... or just ontologies     (1F16E)
    • Todd: OOR not supposed to provide data store ... but can consider a extension project to work on     (1F16F)
    • Nancy: is the infrastructure stable ... and expected to be around for many years?     (1F16G)
    • Gary: Nancy is the PI; proposal due in July;     (1F16H)
    • Ken: already has a grant ... can share some of the language used ... Nancy will contact Ken     (1F16I)
    • K: National Geospatial Symposium     (1F16J)
  • KatherineGoodier: presented at the International Data Mnagement Data Governance Conference     (1F17)
  • Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel sessions ... on deck:     (1F19)
    • panel session on Protege / webProtege / BioPortal / CODS / OOR-sandbox ... and how they work together, now and in the near future ... this is more a OOR user and content providers' session (this would go right before Natasha's's OOR implementers and developers' session) - chair: MarkMusen - date confirmed Thu 16-July-2009     (1F19A)
    • panel session on "BioPortal-based ontology repository implementation and development" - chair: NatashaNoy - date confirmed Thu 30-July-2009     (1F19B)
      • candidate panelists: NCBO folks, MMI folks, OOR- MikeDean, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, AlexGarcia, Bart?, Gary?, ... anyone else?     (1F19B1)
    • panel session on "OOR Research Issues" - champion: KenBaclawski - the date needs to be rescheduled     (1F20A)
      • candidate panelists: Michael, Leo->SuzetteStowtenburg, NatashaNoy, ElisaKendall, ChrisWelty, OOR team members from the EU, (and possibly other who were engaged when the OOR initiative first started (ref.).     (1F20A1)
      • Ken will send out a doodle scheduler on this soon!     (1F20A2)
  • OOR sandbox instance - status review - http://oor-01.cim3.net     (1F23)
    • Benjamin: major update - BioPortal v2.1d - to be released on 12-Jun-2009     (1F23A)
      • Natasha/2009.06.12 - slightly delayed, release date could now be a couple of week out     (1F23A1)
    • Peter: hardware for OOR sandbox-2 (and later the production instance of OOR) will be ready fairly soon (next few days).     (1F23B)
      • an updated version of the CODS server will also be installed on that hardware cluster     (1F23B1)
  • OOR Outreach     (1F24)
    • K: My presentation on June 4, 2009 at the International DAMA Data Governance conference on "Cloud Computing" promoted OOR.     (1F24A)
  • OOR development activities     (1F25)
    • Michael: running into issues with trying to add FOL/CL upload/download onto the BioPortal codebase     (1F25A)
      • Michael: issues with inherent binary relationship limitation with the existing OWL implementation (based on Protege)     (1F25A1)
      • Natasha: BioPortal now supports two backends now - the Protege backend and the LexGrid (OBO/Mayo) backend     (1F25A2)
      • PatCassidy: translate? ... having a CL backend for Protege would be useful     (1F25A3)
    • Peter: please continue this conversation on the [ppr-dev] list     (1F25B)
    • K: possibly add another use case for CL     (1F25C)

4. New Issues:     (1F29)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F30)

6. Action items:     (1F31)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F33)

notes taken by: PeterYim / 2009.06.12-9:54am PDT     (1F37)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F38)


Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)