From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]PeterYim[ ]" to " Peter P. Yim ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(5 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 10: Line 10:
 
* '''Professor MichaelGruninger''' (U of Toronto) - "'''Ontology Categories in COLORE'''" ... [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/OOR-categories/2013-10-08_MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories/Ontology-Categories-in-COLORE--MichaelGruninger_20131008.pdf slides]  
 
* '''Professor MichaelGruninger''' (U of Toronto) - "'''Ontology Categories in COLORE'''" ... [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/OOR-categories/2013-10-08_MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories/Ontology-Categories-in-COLORE--MichaelGruninger_20131008.pdf slides]  
  
''In this open session ... we hope stewards of current and developing ontology repositories (folks from BioPortal, SOCoP-OOR, COLORE, Ontohub, and various OOR nodes ... and other domain ontology repositories, like, for Standards, Financial Industry Ontologies, SpacePortal, etc.) will join us in this session, share their thoughts and help develop a consensus.''  
+
''In this open session ... we hope stewards of current and developing ontology repositories (folks from [[BioPortal]], SOCoP-OOR, COLORE, Ontohub, and various OOR nodes ... and other domain ontology repositories, like, for Standards, Financial Industry Ontologies, SpacePortal, etc.) will join us in this session, share their thoughts and help develop a consensus.''  
  
 
== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ==
 
== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ==
Line 58: Line 58:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** MichaelGruninger (co-chair)  
+
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] (co-chair)  
** TillMossakowski (co-chair)  
+
** [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] (co-chair)  
** AleksandraSojic  
+
** [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]]
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
** ChristophLange  
+
** [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]
 
** [[DanielCoutoVale]]  
 
** [[DanielCoutoVale]]  
** ToddSchneider  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]
** OliverKutz  
+
** [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]]
** TorstenHahmann  
+
** [[User:TorstenHahmann|Torsten Hahmann]]
** HensonGraves  
+
** [[HensonGraves|Henson Graves]]
** JulienCorman  
+
** [[JulienCorman|Julien Corman]]
** MariaKeet  
+
** [[MariaKeet|Maria Keet]]
** PatCassidy  
+
** [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]]
** FrancescaQuattri  
+
** [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]
** RayMartin  
+
** [[RayMartin|Ray Martin]]
** RobertRovetto  
+
** [[RobertRovetto|Robert Rovetto]]
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** AlexShkotin  
+
** [[AlexShkotin|Alex Shkotin]]
 
** ...  
 
** ...  
 
** ''(please add yourself to the list above if you are a member of the community, or, rsvp to <peter.yim@cim3.com> with the event title/date and your name and affiliation)''  
 
** ''(please add yourself to the list above if you are a member of the community, or, rsvp to <peter.yim@cim3.com> with the event title/date and your name and affiliation)''  
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** KenBaclawski
+
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]
 
** ...  
 
** ...  
  
Line 87: Line 87:
  
 
* developing a consensus on the meta-ontology for categorization of ontologies in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance  
 
* developing a consensus on the meta-ontology for categorization of ontologies in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance  
* ... TillMossakowski & MichaelGruninger will be providing further details  
+
* ... [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] will be providing further details  
  
 
=== In-session Resources  ===
 
=== In-session Resources  ===
Line 99: Line 99:
  
 
* Slides:  
 
* Slides:  
** "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories - opening brief" by AleksandraSojic - [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/OOR-categories/2013-10-08_MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories/MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories--AleksandraSojic_20131008.pdf slides]  
+
** "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories - opening brief" by [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]] - [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/OOR-categories/2013-10-08_MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories/MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories--AleksandraSojic_20131008.pdf slides]  
** "Ontology Categories in COLORE" by MichaelGruninger - [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/OOR-categories/2013-10-08_MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories/Ontology-Categories-in-COLORE--MichaelGruninger_20131008.pdf slides]  
+
** "Ontology Categories in COLORE" by [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/OOR-categories/2013-10-08_MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories/Ontology-Categories-in-COLORE--MichaelGruninger_20131008.pdf slides]  
 
* [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/OOR-categories/2013-10-08_MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories/oor-categories_20131008b.mp3 audio recording of the session] ... [ 1:16:32 ; mp3 ; 8.76 MB ]  
 
* [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OpenOntologyRepository/OOR-categories/2013-10-08_MetaOntology-for-Ontology-Categories/oor-categories_20131008b.mp3 audio recording of the session] ... [ 1:16:32 ; mp3 ; 8.76 MB ]  
 
* [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08#nid3YB9 chat-transcript of this session]  
 
* [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08#nid3YB9 chat-transcript of this session]  
Line 106: Line 106:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* TillMossakowski & MichaelGruninger took the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] took the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to collate the notes, but urged everyone to capture their thoughts and document them on the chat board, as usual.  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to collate the notes, but urged everyone to capture their thoughts and document them on the chat board, as usual.  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 120: Line 120:
 
3. '''Key discussion:'''  
 
3. '''Key discussion:'''  
  
3.1 Briefing-1 - "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories (overview)" - AleksandraSojic  
+
3.1 Briefing-1 - "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories (overview)" - [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]]
  
3.2 Briefing-2 - "Ontology Categories in COLORE" - MichaelGruninger  
+
3.2 Briefing-2 - "Ontology Categories in COLORE" - [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]
  
 
3.3 Open discussion: developing a consensus on the meta-ontology for categorization of ontologies in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance  
 
3.3 Open discussion: developing a consensus on the meta-ontology for categorization of ontologies in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance  
  
* AleksandraSojic:  
+
* [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]]:  
 
** 1. Should we foster a consensus on the (meta) categories for classification of ontologies (across OOR)?  
 
** 1. Should we foster a consensus on the (meta) categories for classification of ontologies (across OOR)?  
 
** 2. Should a standardisation of ontology meta-data also include categories of ontology domains?  
 
** 2. Should a standardisation of ontology meta-data also include categories of ontology domains?  
Line 132: Line 132:
 
*** provides interoperability across OOR categories  
 
*** provides interoperability across OOR categories  
 
*** and the OOR community wants to endorse them  
 
*** and the OOR community wants to endorse them  
* MichaelGruninger: How do domain ontologies �fit into this framework?  
+
* [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: How do domain ontologies ���fit into this framework?  
** ontologies like: GoodRelations, FIBO, SCRIBE, Foundational Model of Anatomy (FMA), [[BioPAX]], UoM, addresses, products, computer vision, enterprise modelling, ...  
+
** ontologies like: [[GoodRelations|Good Relations]], FIBO, SCRIBE, Foundational Model of Anatomy (FMA), [[BioPAX]], [[UoM]], addresses, products, computer vision, enterprise modelling, ...  
  
 
== 4. IM Chat Transcript captured during the session  ==
 
== 4. IM Chat Transcript captured during the session  ==
Line 153: Line 153:
 
------  
 
------  
  
[6:57] PeterYim: Welcome to the  
+
[6:57] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Welcome to the  
  
 
''' OOR Development Session: "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - Tue 2013_10_08 '''  
 
''' OOR Development Session: "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - Tue 2013_10_08 '''  
Line 161: Line 161:
 
in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance  
 
in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance  
  
Session Co-chairs: Professor Dr. TillMossakowski (U of Magdeburg) & Professor MichaelGruninger (U of Toronto)  
+
Session Co-chairs: Professor Dr. [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] (U of Magdeburg) & Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] (U of Toronto)  
  
 
Briefings:
 
Briefings:
  
* Dr. AleksandraSojic (U of Bremen) - "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - opening brief
+
* Dr. [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]] (U of Bremen) - "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - opening brief
  
* Professor MichaelGruninger (U of Toronto) - "Ontology Categories in COLORE"  
+
* Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] (U of Toronto) - "Ontology Categories in COLORE"  
  
 
Session page: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08  
 
Session page: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08  
  
Attendees: AleksandraSojic, ChristophLange, [[DanielCoutoVale]], FrancescaQuattri, HensonGraves,  
+
Attendees: [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]], [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]], [[DanielCoutoVale]], [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]], [[HensonGraves|Henson Graves]],  
  
JulienCorman, MariaKeet, MichaelGruninger, OliverKutz, PatCassidy, PeterYim, PeterYim, RayMartin,  
+
[[JulienCorman|Julien Corman]], [[MariaKeet|Maria Keet]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]], [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[RayMartin|Ray Martin]],  
  
RobertRovetto, TillMossakowski, ToddSchneider, TorstenHahmann  
+
[[RobertRovetto|Robert Rovetto]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[User:TorstenHahmann|Torsten Hahmann]]
  
 
''' Proceedings '''  
 
''' Proceedings '''  
  
[6:59] anonymous morphed into AleksandraSojic  
+
[6:59] anonymous morphed into [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]]
  
[7:04] anonymous morphed into JulienCorman  
+
[7:04] anonymous morphed into [[JulienCorman|Julien Corman]]
  
 
[7:05] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: I cannot join the conference. Something wrong is happening to  
 
[7:05] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: I cannot join the conference. Something wrong is happening to  
Line 187: Line 187:
 
the "joinconference" account.  
 
the "joinconference" account.  
  
[7:06] anonymous morphed into TorstenHahmann  
+
[7:06] anonymous morphed into [[User:TorstenHahmann|Torsten Hahmann]]
  
[7:06] ChristophLange: The account might appear offline in Skype. I was able to dial in nevertheless.  
+
[7:06] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: The account might appear offline in Skype. I was able to dial in nevertheless.  
  
[7:07] PeterYim: @Aleksandra, Till and anyone else having trouble connecting - Please use skype-out  
+
[7:07] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @Aleksandra, Till and anyone else having trouble connecting - Please use skype-out  
  
 
and dial the telephone number instead (of the "joinconference" user) of you can  
 
and dial the telephone number instead (of the "joinconference" user) of you can  
Line 199: Line 199:
 
no "Call" as usual.  
 
no "Call" as usual.  
  
[7:09] TorstenHahmann: Hi - I got to call in with skype by using "call" in the menu instead of the button.  
+
[7:09] [[User:TorstenHahmann|Torsten Hahmann]]: Hi - I got to call in with skype by using "call" in the menu instead of the button.  
  
[7:10] MariaKeet: I keep on being disconnected (but that's also for the chatroom, so its not due to skype)  
+
[7:10] [[MariaKeet|Maria Keet]]: I keep on being disconnected (but that's also for the chatroom, so its not due to skype)  
  
[7:11] anonymous morphed into PatCassidy  
+
[7:11] anonymous morphed into [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]]
  
[7:16] ChristophLange: [in response to PeterYim's query on whether the work ChristophLange is committing  
+
[7:16] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: [in response to PeterYim's query on whether the work [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]] is committing  
  
 
to the OOR-Ontohub-API github repository would be good material for the next OOR-Hackathon session]  
 
to the OOR-Ontohub-API github repository would be good material for the next OOR-Hackathon session]  
Line 217: Line 217:
 
[7:16] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: I'm in.  
 
[7:16] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: I'm in.  
  
[7:20] ChristophLange: Till will be with us in a few minutes.  
+
[7:20] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: Till will be with us in a few minutes.  
  
[7:20] MariaKeet: sorry, but the network isn't handling the voice well. I'd like to participate a  
+
[7:20] [[MariaKeet|Maria Keet]]: sorry, but the network isn't handling the voice well. I'd like to participate a  
  
 
next time, and in the meantime can provide input via email w.r.t. ROMULUS and our experiences with  
 
next time, and in the meantime can provide input via email w.r.t. ROMULUS and our experiences with  
Line 225: Line 225:
 
the metadata.  
 
the metadata.  
  
[7:21] PeterYim: sorry about this, Maria ...  
+
[7:21] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: sorry about this, Maria ...  
  
[7:22] anonymous morphed into FrancescaQuattri  
+
[7:22] anonymous morphed into [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]
  
[7:21] PeterYim: == MichaelGruninger starts the session ...  
+
[7:21] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: == [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] starts the session ...  
  
 
[7:24] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: Please, where is the link?  
 
[7:24] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: Please, where is the link?  
  
[7:25] ChristophLange: Slides are at  
+
[7:25] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: Slides are at  
  
 
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08#nid3YFE  
 
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08#nid3YFE  
  
[7:25] List of members: AleksandraSojic, ChristophLange, [[DanielCoutoVale]], FrancescaQuattri,  
+
[7:25] List of members: [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]], [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]], [[DanielCoutoVale]], [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]],  
  
HensonGraves, JulienCorman, MichaelGruninger, OliverKutz, PatCassidy, PeterYim, RayMartin,  
+
[[HensonGraves|Henson Graves]], [[JulienCorman|Julien Corman]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]], [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[RayMartin|Ray Martin]],  
  
TillMossakowski, ToddSchneider, TorstenHahmann, vnc2  
+
[[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[User:TorstenHahmann|Torsten Hahmann]], vnc2  
  
[7:26] PeterYim: == AleksandraSojic presenting the opening brief ...  
+
[7:26] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: == [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]] presenting the opening brief ...  
  
[7:29] PeterYim: @Aleksandra - slide#3: what do you mean by "OOR Independent" & "OOR Aligned"  
+
[7:29] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @Aleksandra - slide#3: what do you mean by "OOR Independent" & "OOR Aligned"  
  
[7:33] TillMossakowski: I think "OOR independent" means "sub-ontologies developed by specific  
+
[7:33] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: I think "OOR independent" means "sub-ontologies developed by specific  
  
 
communtites", while "OOR Aligned" means "sub-ontologies (typically the upper part) developed  
 
communtites", while "OOR Aligned" means "sub-ontologies (typically the upper part) developed  
Line 253: Line 253:
 
centrally by OOR"  
 
centrally by OOR"  
  
[7:33] HensonGraves: do you include standard metadata attributes such as where it came from, who did  
+
[7:33] [[HensonGraves|Henson Graves]]: do you include standard metadata attributes such as where it came from, who did  
  
 
it, when was it done, etc.  
 
it, when was it done, etc.  
  
[7:36] PeterYim: @Aleksandra et al. - are most ontology repository categorization implementations  
+
[7:36] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @Aleksandra et al. - are most ontology repository categorization implementations  
  
 
hierarchical now, or do some of them support the assignment of multiple categories to an ontology  
 
hierarchical now, or do some of them support the assignment of multiple categories to an ontology  
Line 263: Line 263:
 
(multiple inheritance allowed in the sturcture)?  
 
(multiple inheritance allowed in the sturcture)?  
  
[7:40] MichaelGruninger: Actually, COLORE is restricted to Common Logic ontologies -- I think that  
+
[7:40] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: Actually, COLORE is restricted to Common Logic ontologies -- I think that  
  
OntoHub is the only effort that supports multiple ontology languages  
+
[[OntoHub]] is the only effort that supports multiple ontology languages  
  
[7:40] ToddSchneider: Are we clear on the intent of providing a categorization for OOR (or other  
+
[7:40] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Are we clear on the intent of providing a categorization for OOR (or other  
  
 
ontology repositories)?  
 
ontology repositories)?  
  
[7:40] ToddSchneider: Is there a focus on 'findability' or 'search'?  
+
[7:40] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Is there a focus on 'findability' or 'search'?  
  
[7:42] ToddSchneider: Following up on Peter's comment, would it be better to provide a lattice view?  
+
[7:42] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Following up on Peter's comment, would it be better to provide a lattice view?  
  
[7:45] TillMossakowski: Aleksandra's domain fields ontology involves multiple inheritance at a few places  
+
[7:45] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: Aleksandra's domain fields ontology involves multiple inheritance at a few places  
  
[7:46] ToddSchneider: Till, how is multiple inheritance presented (i.e., visualized) to a user?  
+
[7:46] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Till, how is multiple inheritance presented (i.e., visualized) to a user?  
  
[7:48] TillMossakowski: basically as in Protégé: classes appear multiple times in the hierarchy  
+
[7:48] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: basically as in Prot��g��: classes appear multiple times in the hierarchy  
  
[7:47] anonymous1 morphed into RobertRovetto  
+
[7:47] anonymous1 morphed into [[RobertRovetto|Robert Rovetto]]
  
[7:49] TorstenHahmann: With COLORE we are moving in the direction of multiple classifications  
+
[7:49] [[User:TorstenHahmann|Torsten Hahmann]]: With COLORE we are moving in the direction of multiple classifications  
  
 
("views") in addition to the main hierarchies (which are based on the set of primitive concepts &  
 
("views") in addition to the main hierarchies (which are based on the set of primitive concepts &  
Line 293: Line 293:
 
don't think displaying it as a lattice makes much sense.  
 
don't think displaying it as a lattice makes much sense.  
  
[7:49] ToddSchneider: Till, understood (about Protege), but what would be presented on a UI (for the  
+
[7:49] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Till, understood (about Protege), but what would be presented on a UI (for the  
  
 
repository)?  
 
repository)?  
  
[7:56] TillMossakowski: Todd, in the UI we present it in a similar way as Protégé does.  
+
[7:56] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: Todd, in the UI we present it in a similar way as Prot��g�� does.  
  
[7:49] ToddSchneider: What is the problem that needs to be solved?  
+
[7:49] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: What is the problem that needs to be solved?  
  
[7:56] ChristophLange: Seems that not everyone can hear me  
+
[7:56] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: Seems that not everyone can hear me  
  
[7:56] ChristophLange: Should I type into the chat?  
+
[7:56] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: Should I type into the chat?  
  
[7:56] TillMossakowski: yes  
+
[7:56] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: yes  
  
[7:56] ChristophLange: OK  
+
[7:56] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: OK  
  
[7:56] ChristophLange: The main thing about LoLa is that it is independent from concrete ontology  
+
[7:56] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: The main thing about LoLa is that it is independent from concrete ontology  
  
 
languages. E.g. OMV and the BioPortal-Protege ontologies have a lot of OWL-specific things  
 
languages. E.g. OMV and the BioPortal-Protege ontologies have a lot of OWL-specific things  
Line 315: Line 315:
 
hard-coded (classes, subproperty axioms, etc.)  
 
hard-coded (classes, subproperty axioms, etc.)  
  
[7:57] ChristophLange: LoLa as an ontology abstracts from that, but as an _instance_ of the LoLa  
+
[7:57] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: LoLa as an ontology abstracts from that, but as an _instance_ of the LoLa  
  
 
ontology we also maintain a _registry_ of concrete ontology languages.  
 
ontology we also maintain a _registry_ of concrete ontology languages.  
  
[7:57] ChristophLange: The Lo/La (Logic/Language) level of LoLa can be seen here:  
+
[7:57] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: The Lo/La (Logic/Language) level of LoLa can be seen here:  
  
 
http://www.slideshare.net/langec/linked-open-geodata-and-the-distributed-ontology-language-a-perfect-match/26  
 
http://www.slideshare.net/langec/linked-open-geodata-and-the-distributed-ontology-language-a-perfect-match/26  
  
[7:58] ChristophLange: The inner-ontology level can be seen here:  
+
[7:58] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: The inner-ontology level can be seen here:  
  
 
http://www.slideshare.net/langec/the-distributed-ontology-language-dol-use-cases-syntax-and-extensibility/10  
 
http://www.slideshare.net/langec/the-distributed-ontology-language-dol-use-cases-syntax-and-extensibility/10  
Line 331: Line 331:
 
database schema, which is modelled after LoLa. (One minor thing is obsolete: we now call "entity" "symbol".)  
 
database schema, which is modelled after LoLa. (One minor thing is obsolete: we now call "entity" "symbol".)  
  
[8:00] ChristophLange: Yesterday I reviewed the OMV, BioPortal, Protege, etc. ontologies, which  
+
[8:00] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: Yesterday I reviewed the OMV, [[BioPortal]], Protege, etc. ontologies, which  
  
 
Aleksandra has imported into the current draft of the "Ontohub Metadata Ontology", and came up with  
 
Aleksandra has imported into the current draft of the "Ontohub Metadata Ontology", and came up with  
Line 341: Line 341:
 
should assign further tags to them to keep alignment tasks separate from other tasks).  
 
should assign further tags to them to keep alignment tasks separate from other tasks).  
  
[8:01] ChristophLange: The question from an Ontohub perspective is: We could do without OMV etc.; we  
+
[8:01] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: The question from an Ontohub perspective is: We could do without OMV etc.; we  
  
 
could simply "steal" the best ideas from OMV and incorporate them into LoLa. However if we agree  
 
could simply "steal" the best ideas from OMV and incorporate them into LoLa. However if we agree  
Line 349: Line 349:
 
ones), we should rather aim at backwards compatibility and thus at an alignment.  
 
ones), we should rather aim at backwards compatibility and thus at an alignment.  
  
[8:02] ChristophLange: For Ontohub's core purpose (managing ontologies across languages/logics),  
+
[8:02] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: For Ontohub's core purpose (managing ontologies across languages/logics),  
  
 
LoLa is more precise in any case. But LoLa is currently missing  
 
LoLa is more precise in any case. But LoLa is currently missing  
Line 355: Line 355:
 
metadata/repository/maintenance-related vocabulary, which does exist in OMV etc.  
 
metadata/repository/maintenance-related vocabulary, which does exist in OMV etc.  
  
[8:02] ChristophLange: That's it for now about LoLa :-)  
+
[8:02] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: That's it for now about LoLa :-)  
  
[8:03] ChristophLange: Oh, the full background about LoLa is available here:  
+
[8:03] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: Oh, the full background about LoLa is available here:  
  
 
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~till/papers/womo2012.pdf  
 
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~till/papers/womo2012.pdf  
  
[7:58] PeterYim: == MichaelGruninger presenting "Ontology Categories in COLORE" ...  
+
[7:58] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: == [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] presenting "Ontology Categories in COLORE" ...  
  
[8:02] MichaelGruninger: [the other view on how ontologies are categorized in COLORE]
+
[8:02] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: [the other view on how ontologies are categorized in COLORE]
  
 
- see: http://stl.mie.utoronto.ca/colore/org.html  
 
- see: http://stl.mie.utoronto.ca/colore/org.html  
  
[8:05] PatCassidy: Michael: re slide 2 -- in addition to those two characteristics, it could be important  
+
[8:05] [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]]: Michael: re slide 2 -- in addition to those two characteristics, it could be important  
  
 
to specify *how* an ontology is used, i.e. is it used in some application(s), and if so, which?  
 
to specify *how* an ontology is used, i.e. is it used in some application(s), and if so, which?  
  
[8:06] PeterYim: == open discussion ...  
+
[8:06] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: == open discussion ...  
  
[8:08] ChristophLange: If there are any questions about SKOS, I'll be happy to answer them. For now  
+
[8:08] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: If there are any questions about SKOS, I'll be happy to answer them. For now  
  
we have a GitHub issue about this:  
+
we have a [[GitHub]] issue about this:  
  
[8:09] ChristophLange: https://github.com/ontohub/OOR_Ontohub_API/issues/6 - in a nutshell: I think  
+
[8:09] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: https://github.com/ontohub/OOR_Ontohub_API/issues/6 - in a nutshell: I think  
  
 
1. SKOS is semantically more appropriate for domain categories. 2. a lot of category schemes (e.g.  
 
1. SKOS is semantically more appropriate for domain categories. 2. a lot of category schemes (e.g.  
Line 385: Line 385:
 
[8:10] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: I would like to comment on search and findability  
 
[8:10] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: I would like to comment on search and findability  
  
[8:12] TillMossakowski: Peter, you can assign multiple categories in Ontohub  
+
[8:12] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: Peter, you can assign multiple categories in Ontohub  
  
[8:16] TillMossakowski: where can I find more about the difference between search and findability?  
+
[8:16] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: where can I find more about the difference between search and findability?  
  
[8:18] PeterYim: @Todd - how about "discoverability" ... that too, I think (or is that synonimous  
+
[8:18] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @Todd - how about "discoverability" ... that too, I think (or is that synonimous  
  
 
with one of those two - "search" and "findability"  
 
with one of those two - "search" and "findability"  
  
[8:22] ToddSchneider: The enterprise search crowd views discoverability as an aspect of search, a by-product.  
+
[8:22] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: The enterprise search crowd views discoverability as an aspect of search, a by-product.  
  
[8:21] PeterYim: looks like the topic today has two prongs - should we be dealing with the two  
+
[8:21] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: looks like the topic today has two prongs - should we be dealing with the two  
  
 
issues - "metadata" and "UI" - separately  
 
issues - "metadata" and "UI" - separately  
  
[8:29] MichaelGruninger: @Peter -- the two issues are merged if we are developing a UI that is  
+
[8:29] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: @Peter -- the two issues are merged if we are developing a UI that is  
  
 
driven by metadata  
 
driven by metadata  
  
[8:29] PeterYim: sounds great, Michael!  
+
[8:29] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: sounds great, Michael!  
  
 
[8:21] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: I would like to place the question again about the function of the  
 
[8:21] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: I would like to place the question again about the function of the  
Line 409: Line 409:
 
categorisation.  
 
categorisation.  
  
[8:22] ChristophLange: In my review (see GitHub issues) I found nothing really in OMV that  
+
[8:22] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: In my review (see [[GitHub]] issues) I found nothing really in OMV that  
  
 
I _disagree_ with. Just lots of aspects where OMV is insufficient.  
 
I _disagree_ with. Just lots of aspects where OMV is insufficient.  
  
[8:23] ChristophLange: @TillMossakowski: good point about OMV restricting dual licenses. My view was  
+
[8:23] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: @TillMossakowski: good point about OMV restricting dual licenses. My view was  
  
 
that on a higher level I found nothing to disagree with; but certainly there might be finer details  
 
that on a higher level I found nothing to disagree with; but certainly there might be finer details  
Line 419: Line 419:
 
that we don't accept.  
 
that we don't accept.  
  
[8:23] FrancescaQuattri: the topic is highly interesting. Maybe the best way to find out the  
+
[8:23] [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]: the topic is highly interesting. Maybe the best way to find out the  
  
 
difficulties that users may find in searching ontologies might be solved by asking the users  
 
difficulties that users may find in searching ontologies might be solved by asking the users  
Line 427: Line 427:
 
systems. questionnaires are also run via crowdsourcing.  
 
systems. questionnaires are also run via crowdsourcing.  
  
[8:23] FrancescaQuattri: our community is quite large, maybe we can run a survey of the major  
+
[8:23] [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]: our community is quite large, maybe we can run a survey of the major  
  
 
encountered difficulties  
 
encountered difficulties  
  
[8:26] RayMartin: For many topics there are multiple dimensions or viewpoints. Take the topic of  
+
[8:26] [[RayMartin|Ray Martin]]: For many topics there are multiple dimensions or viewpoints. Take the topic of  
  
 
life safety - one could develop an ontology of the fundamentals, a scientific perspective. Others  
 
life safety - one could develop an ontology of the fundamentals, a scientific perspective. Others  
Line 439: Line 439:
 
times when i would like to know this type of categorization prior to delving deeply into a given ontology.  
 
times when i would like to know this type of categorization prior to delving deeply into a given ontology.  
  
[8:30] FrancescaQuattri: @Ray. exactly. Alexandra made a good point with Arabic. Let's say one is  
+
[8:30] [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]: @Ray. exactly. Alexandra made a good point with Arabic. Let's say one is  
  
 
not interested in all the categories presented in the slides, but let's say in specific ones (even  
 
not interested in all the categories presented in the slides, but let's say in specific ones (even  
Line 445: Line 445:
 
in relation with other languages). the width and depth of the ontology might change considerably.  
 
in relation with other languages). the width and depth of the ontology might change considerably.  
  
[8:32] ToddSchneider: How could 'tags' be coupled to a 'better' classification?  
+
[8:32] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: How could 'tags' be coupled to a 'better' classification?  
  
 
[8:33] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: about keyword tagging  
 
[8:33] [[DanielCoutoVale]]: about keyword tagging  
  
[8:33] ToddSchneider: How to go. Thank you.  
+
[8:33] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: How to go. Thank you.  
  
[8:33] ChristophLange: SKOS provides means for connecting keywords to a topic hierarchy  
+
[8:33] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: SKOS provides means for connecting keywords to a topic hierarchy  
  
[8:33] MichaelGruninger: @Torsten -- is this a meta-ontology or a folksonomy for ontology description  
+
[8:33] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: @Torsten -- is this a meta-ontology or a folksonomy for ontology description  
  
[8:34] TorstenHahmann: more of a folksonomy - let it grow through how people annotate ontologies  
+
[8:34] [[User:TorstenHahmann|Torsten Hahmann]]: more of a folksonomy - let it grow through how people annotate ontologies  
  
[8:34] ChristophLange: http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/#labels  
+
[8:34] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/#labels  
  
 
(notice, e.g., skos:hiddenLabel - something that's never displayed, but accepted as a query string)  
 
(notice, e.g., skos:hiddenLabel - something that's never displayed, but accepted as a query string)  
  
[8:35] FrancescaQuattri: @Torsten: it might be also interesting to let it grow through what users  
+
[8:35] [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]: @Torsten: it might be also interesting to let it grow through what users  
  
 
are looking after/search  
 
are looking after/search  
  
[8:36] FrancescaQuattri: @Daniel: basically what Daniel is saying. Using frequency  
+
[8:36] [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]: @Daniel: basically what Daniel is saying. Using frequency  
  
[8:37] TorstenHahmann: @Francesca: I totally agree - not just the ontology owner/devleoper should be  
+
[8:37] [[User:TorstenHahmann|Torsten Hahmann]]: @Francesca: I totally agree - not just the ontology owner/devleoper should be  
  
 
able to tag, but also all users; they provide probably better tags (how they found it)  
 
able to tag, but also all users; they provide probably better tags (how they found it)  
  
[8:38] FrancescaQuattri: @Tosten: agreed. Also thinking that developers might estimate a  
+
[8:38] [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]: @Tosten: agreed. Also thinking that developers might estimate a  
  
 
tag/category, users relate the choice -even semantic one for the tag- to their need.  
 
tag/category, users relate the choice -even semantic one for the tag- to their need.  
  
[8:38] ChristophLange: Let me type. I think SKOS answers many of our questions.  
+
[8:38] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: Let me type. I think SKOS answers many of our questions.  
  
[8:38] ChristophLange: It allows for combining a formal category hierarchy with informal labels  
+
[8:38] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: It allows for combining a formal category hierarchy with informal labels  
  
[8:39] ChristophLange: As soon as we represent "folksonomy tags" with URIs, we can link them to an  
+
[8:39] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: As soon as we represent "folksonomy tags" with URIs, we can link them to an  
  
 
existing SKOS scheme  
 
existing SKOS scheme  
Line 497: Line 497:
 
kinds of user face interaction which are not text fields.  
 
kinds of user face interaction which are not text fields.  
  
[8:41] FrancescaQuattri: hey Everyone, thanks, great talk!  
+
[8:41] [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]: hey Everyone, thanks, great talk!  
  
[8:41] ChristophLange: Thanks, bye!  
+
[8:41] [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]: Thanks, bye!  
  
[8:--] MichaelGruninger: would be good to have a "Metadata" session to follow-up on today's discussion  
+
[8:--] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: would be good to have a "Metadata" session to follow-up on today's discussion  
  
[8:42] PeterYim: no OOR session next Tue 2013.10.15 - there will be a Common Logic (CLv2) meeting that day  
+
[8:42] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: no OOR session next Tue 2013.10.15 - there will be a Common Logic (CLv2) meeting that day  
  
[8:42] PeterYim: no OOR session on Tue 2013.10.22 either, ISWC will be in session that week  
+
[8:42] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: no OOR session on Tue 2013.10.22 either, ISWC will be in session that week  
  
[8:43] PeterYim: @Michael, Todd, Ken, Till, et al. - let's work on the details about the program for  
+
[8:43] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @Michael, Todd, Ken, Till, et al. - let's work on the details about the program for  
  
 
the Tue 2013.10.29 session offline  
 
the Tue 2013.10.29 session offline  
  
[8:44] PeterYim: -- session ended: 8:41am PDT --  
+
[8:44] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: -- session ended: 8:41am PDT --  
  
 
-- end in-session chat-transcript --  
 
-- end in-session chat-transcript --  
Line 517: Line 517:
 
5. '''Action items:'''  
 
5. '''Action items:'''  
  
* MichaelGruninger: we should plan on having a Metadata Session as a follow-up to today's discussion  
+
* [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: we should plan on having a Metadata Session as a follow-up to today's discussion  
  
 
6. '''Any Other Business:'''  
 
6. '''Any Other Business:'''  
Line 557: Line 557:
  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28  
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28  
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27  
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27  
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03  
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03  
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy & ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10  
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy & [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10  
  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen, LiDing, BruceBargmeyer & BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22  
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22  
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: ToddSchneider; Panelists: MarkMusen, NatashaNoy, MikeDean, PaulBuitelaar / AndreasHarth, MathieuDaquin, KenBaclawski, MichaelGruninger - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19  
+
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]; Panelists: Mark Musen, Natasha Noy, [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[PaulBuitelaar|Paul Buitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth|Andreas Harth]], [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19  
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16  
+
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache|Tania Tudorache]], [[TimRedmond|Tim Redmond]], Natasha Noy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16  
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, KenBaclawski - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30  
+
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: Natasha Noy - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]], [[PaulAlexander|Paul Alexander]], [[JohnGraybeal|John Graybeal]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30  
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: MikeDean - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19]]  
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], Natasha Noy - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19]]  
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, KenBaclawski and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01  
+
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MatthewHettinger|Matthew Hettinger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez|M&aacute;ximo Gurm&eacute;ndez]] - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01  
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10  
+
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]] - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10  
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: ToddSchneider & MichaelGruninger - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MikeDean, NatashaNoy, ImmanuelNormann, KenBaclawski, MichaelGruninger - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
+
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Natasha Noy, [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
** 2013_09_17 - Tuesday: OOR: Developing a Common UI Across Disparate OOR Instances - Chair: KenBaclawski - with opening brief from [[DanielCoutoVale]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_17]]  
+
** 2013_09_17 - Tuesday: OOR: Developing a Common UI Across Disparate OOR Instances - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - with opening brief from [[DanielCoutoVale]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_17]]  
  
 
*   
 
*   
 
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15]]  
 
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15]]  
** 2011_09_13 - Tuesday: Joint NCBO-OOR Team Meeting - "Kicking-off the Next Phase of Collaboration" - Co-chairs: RayFergerson & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_09_13]]  
+
** 2011_09_13 - Tuesday: Joint NCBO-OOR Team Meeting - "Kicking-off the Next Phase of Collaboration" - Co-chairs: [[RayFergerson|Ray Fergerson]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_09_13]]  
** 2011_11_29 - Tuesday: Joint NCBO-OOR Session - "OOR Architecture & API Workshop-IX: BioPortal & OOR Synergies" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - Discussant: RayFergerson - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_29]]  
+
** 2011_11_29 - Tuesday: Joint NCBO-OOR Session - "OOR Architecture & API Workshop-IX: [[BioPortal]] & OOR Synergies" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Discussant: [[RayFergerson|Ray Fergerson]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_29]]  
** 2012_03_27 - Tuesday: OOR presentation: "Ontohub: an OOR-compliant Repository for Distributed Ontologies" - Chair: TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_27]]  
+
** 2012_03_27 - Tuesday: OOR presentation: "Ontohub: an OOR-compliant Repository for Distributed Ontologies" - Chair: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_27]]  
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Architecture & API Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Architecture & API Workshops:'''  
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & MichaelGruninger - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, EricChan - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]  
+
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]  
** 2011_03_04 - Friday: OOR "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-I" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_04]]  
+
** 2011_03_04 - Friday: OOR "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-I" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_04]]  
** 2011_03_11 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-II" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_11]]  
+
** 2011_03_11 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_11]]  
** 2011_03_25 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-III" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_25]]  
+
** 2011_03_25 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-III" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_25]]  
** 2011_04_22 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-IV" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_04_22]]  
+
** 2011_04_22 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-IV" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_04_22]]  
** 2011_05_20 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-V" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_05_20]]  
+
** 2011_05_20 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-V" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_05_20]]  
** 2011_06_17 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-VI" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_06_17]]  
+
** 2011_06_17 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-VI" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_06_17]]  
** 2011_09_20 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-VII" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_09_20]]  
+
** 2011_09_20 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-VII" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_09_20]]  
** 2011_10_11 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-VIII" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_10_11]]  
+
** 2011_10_11 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-VIII" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_10_11]]  
** 2012_01_31 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Workshop-X" - Co-chairs: ToddSchneider & KenBaclawski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_01_31]]  
+
** 2012_01_31 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Workshop-X" - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_01_31]]  
** 2012_03_20 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Workshop-XI" - Co-chairs: ToddSchneider & KenBaclawski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_20]]  
+
** 2012_03_20 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Workshop-XI" - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_20]]  
** 2012_05_08 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Workshop-XII" - Co-chairs: ToddSchneider & KenBaclawski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_08]]  
+
** 2012_05_08 - Tuesday: OOR - "Architecture & API Workshop-XII" - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_08]]  
** 2012_09_11 - Tuesday: "OOR Architecture & API Workshop-XIII" (a.k.a. "OOR Use Cases - Take-4") - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_09_11]]  
+
** 2012_09_11 - Tuesday: "OOR Architecture & API Workshop-XIII" (a.k.a. "OOR Use Cases - Take-4") - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_09_11]]  
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Code Development Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Code Development Workshops:'''  
** 2011_11_08 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-V" Workshop - Chair: MikeDean - "Getting OOR Development going, on Eclipse?" - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_08]]  
+
** 2011_11_08 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-V" Workshop - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - "Getting OOR Development going, on Eclipse?" - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_08]]  
** 2011_11_22 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VI" Workshop - Chair: MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_22]]  
+
** 2011_11_22 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VI" Workshop - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_22]]  
** 2012_02_28 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VII" Workshop - Chair: KenBaclawski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_02_28]]  
+
** 2012_02_28 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VII" Workshop - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_02_28]]  
** 2012_05_22 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VIII" Workshop - Chair: MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_22]]  
+
** 2012_05_22 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VIII" Workshop - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_22]]  
  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Hackathon Sessions:'''  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Hackathon Sessions:'''  
** 2013_06_25 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-I: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-1" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: TillMossakowski & KenBaclawski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_25]]  
+
** 2013_06_25 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-I: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-1" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_25]]  
** 2013_07_16 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-II: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-2" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_16]]  
+
** 2013_07_16 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-II: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-2" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_16]]  
** 2013_07_30 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-III: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-3" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_30]]  
+
** 2013_07_30 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-III: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-3" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_30]]  
** 2013_09_10 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-IV: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-4" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_10]]  
+
** 2013_09_10 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-IV: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-4" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_10]]  
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Metadata Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Metadata Workshops:'''  
** 2011_03_18 - Friday: OOR Metadata Workshop-I - Chair: MichaelGruninger - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_18]]  
+
** 2011_03_18 - Friday: OOR Metadata Workshop-I - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_18]]  
** 2011_05_13 - Friday: OOR Metadata Workshop-II - Chair: MichaelGruninger - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_05_13]]  
+
** 2011_05_13 - Friday: OOR Metadata Workshop-II - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_05_13]]  
** 2011_05_27 - Friday: OOR Metadata Workshop-III - Chair: MichaelGruninger - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_05_27]]  
+
** 2011_05_27 - Friday: OOR Metadata Workshop-III - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_05_27]]  
** 2011_10_18 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-IV - Chair: MichaelGruninger - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_10_18]]  
+
** 2011_10_18 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-IV - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_10_18]]  
** 2012_01_17 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-V - Chair: MichaelGruninger - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_01_17]]  
+
** 2012_01_17 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-V - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_01_17]]  
** 2012_03_06 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VI - Chair: MichaelGruninger - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_06]]  
+
** 2012_03_06 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VI - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_06]]  
** 2012_04_24 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VII - Chair: MichaelGruninger - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_04_24]]  
+
** 2012_04_24 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VII - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_04_24]]  
** 2013_07_02 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VIII - Co-chair: MichaelGruninger & MikeBennett - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_02]]  
+
** 2013_07_02 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VIII - Co-chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_02]]  
  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Infrastructure workshops:'''  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Infrastructure workshops:'''  
Line 620: Line 620:
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Content Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Content Workshops:'''  
** 2010_03_12 - Friday: OOR Content Workshop-I - Co-chairs: PatCassidy & DeniseBedford - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_03_12]]  
+
** 2010_03_12 - Friday: OOR Content Workshop-I - Co-chairs: [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]] & [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_03_12]]  
** 2012_05_22 - Tuesday: OOR Content Workshop-II - Chair: MichaelGruninger & MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_29]]  
+
** 2012_05_22 - Tuesday: OOR Content Workshop-II - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_29]]  
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] for Big Data Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] for Big Data Workshops:'''  
** 2012_08_14 - Tuesday: OOR for Big Data-I: Brainstorm Session - Chair: MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_08_14]]  
+
** 2012_08_14 - Tuesday: OOR for Big Data-I: Brainstorm Session - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_08_14]]  
  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Funding workshops:'''  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Funding workshops:'''  
** 2012_08_21 - Tuesday: OOR Funding-II: "Rethinking our Funding Strategy" Brainstorm Session - Chair: KenBaclawski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_08_21]]  
+
** 2012_08_21 - Tuesday: OOR Funding-II: "Rethinking our Funding Strategy" Brainstorm Session - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_08_21]]  
  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Strategy workshops:'''  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Strategy workshops:'''  
** 2012_11_06 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy (& Funding): "OOR Straetegy: a mini- Strategic Planning" Brainstorm Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & KenBaclawski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_11_06]]  
+
** 2012_11_06 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy (& Funding): "OOR Straetegy: a mini- Strategic Planning" Brainstorm Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_11_06]]  
** 2012_11_20 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy (& Funding): "OOR Straetegy: Tactics and Action Planning" Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & KenBaclawski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_11_20]]  
+
** 2012_11_20 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy (& Funding): "OOR Straetegy: Tactics and Action Planning" Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_11_20]]  
** 2013_05_28 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy & Tactics: "Revisiting OOR Straetegy and Tactics - I" Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_05_28]]  
+
** 2013_05_28 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy & Tactics: "Revisiting OOR Straetegy and Tactics - I" Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_05_28]]  
 
** 2013_06_18 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy & Tactics: "Revisiting OOR Straetegy and Tactics - II" Session - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_18]]  
 
** 2013_06_18 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy & Tactics: "Revisiting OOR Straetegy and Tactics - II" Session - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_18]]  
  
 
* the '''Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series''':  
 
* the '''Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series''':  
** 2011_10_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-1: Introducing the ISO NP 17347 "Ontology Integration and Interoperability ([[OntoIOp]])" Standardization Effort - Co-chairs: JohnBateman & MichaelGruninger - ConferenceCall_2011_10_20  
+
** 2011_10_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-1: Introducing the ISO NP 17347 "Ontology Integration and Interoperability ([[OntoIOp]])" Standardization Effort - Co-chairs: [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - ConferenceCall_2011_10_20  
** 2011_11_03 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-2: Invited Speaker: ElisaKendall on "Ontology-Related Metadata Standards" - Co-chairs: MichaelGruninger & JohnBateman - ConferenceCall_2011_11_03  
+
** 2011_11_03 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-2: Invited Speaker: [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] on "Ontology-Related Metadata Standards" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]] - ConferenceCall_2011_11_03  
** 2012_07_17 - Tuesday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-3: "Standardisation Coordination and Ontology Repositories" - Co-chairs: MichaelGruninger & JohnBateman - ConferenceCall_2012_07_17  
+
** 2012_07_17 - Tuesday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-3: "Standardisation Coordination and Ontology Repositories" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]] - ConferenceCall_2012_07_17  
** 2012_09_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-4: "Common Logic" - Co-chairs: MichaelGruninger & JohnBateman - ConferenceCall_2012_09_20  
+
** 2012_09_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-4: "Common Logic" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]] - ConferenceCall_2012_09_20  
  
 
* the '''Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series''':  
 
* the '''Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series''':  
** 2012_10_25 - Thursday: Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-1: Sharing Experiences-I - Co-chairs: ElisaKendall & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Speakers: [[JamesStPierre]], ChetEnsign, AndrewWatson, DeniseWarzel, MichaelGruninger, LeoObrst, KenBaclawski, EricChan - ConferenceCall_2012_10_25  
+
** 2012_10_25 - Thursday: Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-1: Sharing Experiences-I - Co-chairs: [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Speakers: [[JamesStPierre]], [[ChetEnsign|Chet Ensign]], [[AndrewWatson|Andrew Watson]], [[DeniseWarzel|Denise Warzel]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] - ConferenceCall_2012_10_25  
** 2012_11_08 - Thursday: Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-2: Sharing Experiences-II - Co-chairs: MichaelGruninger & EricChan - Panelists: ElisaKendall, MarkLinehan, DavideSottara - ConferenceCall_2012_11_08  
+
** 2012_11_08 - Thursday: Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-2: Sharing Experiences-II - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] - Panelists: [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]], [[MarkLinehan|Mark Linehan]], [[DavideSottara|Davide Sottara]] - ConferenceCall_2012_11_08  
  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09  
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09  
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16  
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16  
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30  
+
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JamieClark]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30  
  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]] & Proceedings'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]] & Proceedings'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  

Latest revision as of 03:42, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OOR Development Session (n.09): "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - Tue 2013_10_08     (1)

Session Topic: Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories: Developing a consensus for categorization of ontologies in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance     (1A)

Session Co-chairs: Professor Dr. TillMossakowski (U of Magdeburg) & Professor MichaelGruninger (U of Toronto)     (1B)

Briefings:     (1C)

  • Dr. AleksandraSojic (U of Bremen) - "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - opening brief ... slides     (1D)
  • Professor MichaelGruninger (U of Toronto) - "Ontology Categories in COLORE" ... slides     (1E)

In this open session ... we hope stewards of current and developing ontology repositories (folks from BioPortal, SOCoP-OOR, COLORE, Ontohub, and various OOR nodes ... and other domain ontology repositories, like, for Standards, Financial Industry Ontologies, SpacePortal, etc.) will join us in this session, share their thoughts and help develop a consensus.     (1F)

  • Dial-in:     (1G4)
    • Phone (US): +1 (206) 402-0100 ... (long distance cost may apply)     (1G4A)
    • Skype: joinconference (i.e. make a skype call to the contact with skypeID="joinconference") ... (generally free-of-charge, when connecting from your computer ... ref.)     (1G4B)
      • when prompted enter Conference ID: 141184#     (1G4B1)
      • Unfamiliar with how to do this on Skype? ...     (1G4B2)
        • Add the contact "joinconference" to your skype contact list first. To participate in the teleconference, make a skype call to "joinconference", then open the dial pad (see platform-specific instructions below) and enter the Conference ID: 141184# when prompted.     (1G4B2A)
      • Can't find Skype Dial pad? ...     (1G4B3)
        • for Windows Skype users: Can't find Skype Dial pad? ... it's under the "Call" dropdown menu as "Show Dial pad"     (1G4B3A)
        • for Linux Skype users: please note that the dial-pad is only available on v4.1 (or later; or on the earlier Skype versions 2.x,) if the dialpad button is not shown in the call window you need to press the "d" hotkey to enable it. ... (ref.)     (1G4B3B)
  • Discussions and Q & A:     (1G5)
    • Nominally, when a presentation is in progress, the moderator will mute everyone, except for the speaker.     (1G5A)
    • To un-mute, press "*7" ... To mute, press "*6" (please mute your phone, especially if you are in a noisy surrounding, or if you are introducing noise, echoes, etc. into the conference line.)     (1G5B)
    • we will usually save all questions and discussions till after all presentations are through. You are encouraged to jot down questions onto the chat-area in the mean time (that way, they get documented; and you might even get some answers in the interim, through the chat.)     (1G5C)
    • During the Q&A / discussion segment (when everyone is muted), If you want to speak or have questions or remarks to make, please raise your hand (virtually) by clicking on the "hand button" (lower right) on the chat session page. You may speak when acknowledged by the session moderator (again, press "*7" on your phone to un-mute). Test your voice and introduce yourself first before proceeding with your remarks, please. (Please remember to click on the "hand button" again (to lower your hand) and press "*6" on your phone to mute yourself after you are done speaking.)     (1G5D)
    • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field from "anonymous" to your real name, like "JaneDoe").     (1G6A)
    • You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (1G6B)
    • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. gtalk) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) oor_20131008@soaphub.org ... Handy for mobile devices!     (1G6C)
  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1G7)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1G7A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1G7B)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the slides (where applicable) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1G7C)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1G9)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1G11)

[edit] Attendees     (1H)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1H4)

[edit] In-session Resources     (1H5)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1I)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1I5)

2. Roll Call:     (1I10)

3. Key discussion:     (1I13)

3.1 Briefing-1 - "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories (overview)" - Aleksandra Sojic     (1I14)

3.2 Briefing-2 - "Ontology Categories in COLORE" - Michael Grüninger     (1I15)

3.3 Open discussion: developing a consensus on the meta-ontology for categorization of ontologies in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance     (1I16)

[edit] 4. IM Chat Transcript captured during the session     (1J)

see raw transcript here.     (1J1)

(for better clarity, the version below is a re-organized and lightly edited chat-transcript.)     (1J2)

Participants are welcome to make light edits to their own contributions as they see fit.     (1J3)

-- begin in-session chat-transcript --     (1J4)


Chat transcript from room: oor_20131008     (1J5)

2013-10-08 GMT-08:00     (1J6)


[6:57] Peter P. Yim: Welcome to the     (1J7)

OOR Development Session: "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - Tue 2013_10_08     (1J8)

Session Topic: Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories: Developing a consensus for categorization of ontologies     (1J9)

in an (Open) Ontology Repository instance     (1J10)

Session Co-chairs: Professor Dr. Till Mossakowski (U of Magdeburg) & Professor Michael Grüninger (U of Toronto)     (1J11)

Briefings:     (1J12)

Proceedings     (1J19)

[6:59] anonymous morphed into Aleksandra Sojic     (1J20)

[7:04] anonymous morphed into Julien Corman     (1J21)

[7:05] DanielCoutoVale: I cannot join the conference. Something wrong is happening to     (1J22)

the "joinconference" account.     (1J23)

[7:06] anonymous morphed into Torsten Hahmann     (1J24)

[7:06] Christoph Lange: The account might appear offline in Skype. I was able to dial in nevertheless.     (1J25)

[7:07] Peter P. Yim: @Aleksandra, Till and anyone else having trouble connecting - Please use skype-out     (1J26)

and dial the telephone number instead (of the "joinconference" user) of you can     (1J27)

[7:07] DanielCoutoVale: For me, it appears offline and the only option is to "Call Phone". There is     (1J28)

no "Call" as usual.     (1J29)

[7:09] Torsten Hahmann: Hi - I got to call in with skype by using "call" in the menu instead of the button.     (1J30)

[7:10] Maria Keet: I keep on being disconnected (but that's also for the chatroom, so its not due to skype)     (1J31)

[7:11] anonymous morphed into Pat Cassidy     (1J32)

[7:16] Christoph Lange: [in response to PeterYim's query on whether the work Christoph Lange is committing     (1J33)

to the OOR-Ontohub-API github repository would be good material for the next OOR-Hackathon session]     (1J34)

Summary: I don't currently have time to follow all OOR activities full-time. But my connection to     (1J35)

Till is reliable. Whenever something needs to be done where I can help (such as the stuff I prepared     (1J36)

for today), he will let me know.     (1J37)

[7:20] Christoph Lange: Till will be with us in a few minutes.     (1J39)

[7:20] Maria Keet: sorry, but the network isn't handling the voice well. I'd like to participate a     (1J40)

next time, and in the meantime can provide input via email w.r.t. ROMULUS and our experiences with     (1J41)

the metadata.     (1J42)

[7:21] Peter P. Yim: sorry about this, Maria ...     (1J43)

[7:22] anonymous morphed into Francesca Quattri     (1J44)

[7:21] Peter P. Yim: == Michael Grüninger starts the session ...     (1J45)

[7:24] DanielCoutoVale: Please, where is the link?     (1J46)

[7:25] Christoph Lange: Slides are at     (1J47)

[7:26] Peter P. Yim: == Aleksandra Sojic presenting the opening brief ...     (1J52)

[7:29] Peter P. Yim: @Aleksandra - slide#3: what do you mean by "OOR Independent" & "OOR Aligned"     (1J53)

[7:33] Till Mossakowski: I think "OOR independent" means "sub-ontologies developed by specific     (1J54)

communtites", while "OOR Aligned" means "sub-ontologies (typically the upper part) developed     (1J55)

centrally by OOR"     (1J56)

[7:33] Henson Graves: do you include standard metadata attributes such as where it came from, who did     (1J57)

it, when was it done, etc.     (1J58)

[7:36] Peter P. Yim: @Aleksandra et al. - are most ontology repository categorization implementations     (1J59)

hierarchical now, or do some of them support the assignment of multiple categories to an ontology     (1J60)

(multiple inheritance allowed in the sturcture)?     (1J61)

[7:40] Michael Grüninger: Actually, COLORE is restricted to Common Logic ontologies -- I think that     (1J62)

OntoHub is the only effort that supports multiple ontology languages     (1J63)

[7:40] Todd Schneider: Are we clear on the intent of providing a categorization for OOR (or other     (1J64)

ontology repositories)?     (1J65)

[7:40] Todd Schneider: Is there a focus on 'findability' or 'search'?     (1J66)

[7:42] Todd Schneider: Following up on Peter's comment, would it be better to provide a lattice view?     (1J67)

[7:45] Till Mossakowski: Aleksandra's domain fields ontology involves multiple inheritance at a few places     (1J68)

[7:46] Todd Schneider: Till, how is multiple inheritance presented (i.e., visualized) to a user?     (1J69)

[7:48] Till Mossakowski: basically as in Prot��g��: classes appear multiple times in the hierarchy     (1J70)

[7:47] anonymous1 morphed into Robert Rovetto     (1J71)

[7:49] Torsten Hahmann: With COLORE we are moving in the direction of multiple classifications     (1J72)

("views") in addition to the main hierarchies (which are based on the set of primitive concepts &     (1J73)

relations). E.g. based on whether they can be reduced to others (core vs. non-core) or whether they     (1J74)

are generic or domain ontologies, and what larger ontologies they are part of (e.g. PSL or DOLCE). I     (1J75)

don't think displaying it as a lattice makes much sense.     (1J76)

[7:49] Todd Schneider: Till, understood (about Protege), but what would be presented on a UI (for the     (1J77)

repository)?     (1J78)

[7:56] Till Mossakowski: Todd, in the UI we present it in a similar way as Prot��g�� does.     (1J79)

[7:49] Todd Schneider: What is the problem that needs to be solved?     (1J80)

[7:56] Christoph Lange: Seems that not everyone can hear me     (1J81)

[7:56] Christoph Lange: Should I type into the chat?     (1J82)

[7:56] Christoph Lange: The main thing about LoLa is that it is independent from concrete ontology     (1J85)

languages. E.g. OMV and the BioPortal-Protege ontologies have a lot of OWL-specific things     (1J86)

hard-coded (classes, subproperty axioms, etc.)     (1J87)

[7:57] Christoph Lange: LoLa as an ontology abstracts from that, but as an _instance_ of the LoLa     (1J88)

ontology we also maintain a _registry_ of concrete ontology languages.     (1J89)

[7:57] Christoph Lange: The Lo/La (Logic/Language) level of LoLa can be seen here:     (1J90)

[7:58] Christoph Lange: The inner-ontology level can be seen here:     (1J92)

What we show here is not exactly an excerpt from the LoLa ontology, but from the Ontohub     (1J94)

database schema, which is modelled after LoLa. (One minor thing is obsolete: we now call "entity" "symbol".)     (1J95)

[8:00] Christoph Lange: Yesterday I reviewed the OMV, BioPortal, Protege, etc. ontologies, which     (1J96)

Aleksandra has imported into the current draft of the "Ontohub Metadata Ontology", and came up with     (1J97)

some concrete ideas for aliging LoLa to the former ones:     (1J98)

https://github.com/ontohub/OOR_Ontohub_API/issues (most of the issues so far deal with this; maybe I     (1J99)

should assign further tags to them to keep alignment tasks separate from other tasks).     (1J100)

[8:01] Christoph Lange: The question from an Ontohub perspective is: We could do without OMV etc.; we     (1J101)

could simply "steal" the best ideas from OMV and incorporate them into LoLa. However if we agree     (1J102)

that OMV etc. will be of interest to other OOR repositories (maybe particularly the OWL-specific     (1J103)

ones), we should rather aim at backwards compatibility and thus at an alignment.     (1J104)

[8:02] Christoph Lange: For Ontohub's core purpose (managing ontologies across languages/logics),     (1J105)

LoLa is more precise in any case. But LoLa is currently missing     (1J106)

metadata/repository/maintenance-related vocabulary, which does exist in OMV etc.     (1J107)

[8:02] Christoph Lange: That's it for now about LoLa :-)     (1J108)

[8:03] Christoph Lange: Oh, the full background about LoLa is available here:     (1J109)

[7:58] Peter P. Yim: == Michael Grüninger presenting "Ontology Categories in COLORE" ...     (1J111)

[8:02] Michael Grüninger: [the other view on how ontologies are categorized in COLORE]     (1J112)

[8:05] Pat Cassidy: Michael: re slide 2 -- in addition to those two characteristics, it could be important     (1J114)

to specify *how* an ontology is used, i.e. is it used in some application(s), and if so, which?     (1J115)

[8:06] Peter P. Yim: == open discussion ...     (1J116)

[8:08] Christoph Lange: If there are any questions about SKOS, I'll be happy to answer them. For now     (1J117)

we have a GitHub issue about this:     (1J118)

1. SKOS is semantically more appropriate for domain categories. 2. a lot of category schemes (e.g.     (1J120)

librarians') exist in SKOS already, accessible on the Web, and can be linked to.     (1J121)

[8:10] DanielCoutoVale: I would like to comment on search and findability     (1J122)

[8:12] Till Mossakowski: Peter, you can assign multiple categories in Ontohub     (1J123)

[8:16] Till Mossakowski: where can I find more about the difference between search and findability?     (1J124)

[8:18] Peter P. Yim: @Todd - how about "discoverability" ... that too, I think (or is that synonimous     (1J125)

with one of those two - "search" and "findability"     (1J126)

[8:22] Todd Schneider: The enterprise search crowd views discoverability as an aspect of search, a by-product.     (1J127)

[8:21] Peter P. Yim: looks like the topic today has two prongs - should we be dealing with the two     (1J128)

issues - "metadata" and "UI" - separately     (1J129)

[8:29] Michael Grüninger: @Peter -- the two issues are merged if we are developing a UI that is     (1J130)

driven by metadata     (1J131)

[8:29] Peter P. Yim: sounds great, Michael!     (1J132)

[8:21] DanielCoutoVale: I would like to place the question again about the function of the     (1J133)

categorisation.     (1J134)

[8:22] Christoph Lange: In my review (see GitHub issues) I found nothing really in OMV that     (1J135)

I _disagree_ with. Just lots of aspects where OMV is insufficient.     (1J136)

[8:23] Christoph Lange: @TillMossakowski: good point about OMV restricting dual licenses. My view was     (1J137)

that on a higher level I found nothing to disagree with; but certainly there might be finer details     (1J138)

that we don't accept.     (1J139)

[8:23] Francesca Quattri: the topic is highly interesting. Maybe the best way to find out the     (1J140)

difficulties that users may find in searching ontologies might be solved by asking the users     (1J141)

themselves. I know that some unis here run surveys online to work on more user-friendly search     (1J142)

systems. questionnaires are also run via crowdsourcing.     (1J143)

[8:23] Francesca Quattri: our community is quite large, maybe we can run a survey of the major     (1J144)

encountered difficulties     (1J145)

[8:26] Ray Martin: For many topics there are multiple dimensions or viewpoints. Take the topic of     (1J146)

life safety - one could develop an ontology of the fundamentals, a scientific perspective. Others     (1J147)

may need an engineering perspective. and yet others would utilize a business ontology. i know there are     (1J148)

times when i would like to know this type of categorization prior to delving deeply into a given ontology.     (1J149)

[8:30] Francesca Quattri: @Ray. exactly. Alexandra made a good point with Arabic. Let's say one is     (1J150)

not interested in all the categories presented in the slides, but let's say in specific ones (even     (1J151)

in relation with other languages). the width and depth of the ontology might change considerably.     (1J152)

[8:32] Todd Schneider: How could 'tags' be coupled to a 'better' classification?     (1J153)

[8:33] DanielCoutoVale: about keyword tagging     (1J154)

[8:33] Todd Schneider: How to go. Thank you.     (1J155)

[8:33] Christoph Lange: SKOS provides means for connecting keywords to a topic hierarchy     (1J156)

[8:33] Michael Grüninger: @Torsten -- is this a meta-ontology or a folksonomy for ontology description     (1J157)

[8:34] Torsten Hahmann: more of a folksonomy - let it grow through how people annotate ontologies     (1J158)

(notice, e.g., skos:hiddenLabel - something that's never displayed, but accepted as a query string)     (1J160)

[8:35] Francesca Quattri: @Torsten: it might be also interesting to let it grow through what users     (1J161)

are looking after/search     (1J162)

[8:36] Francesca Quattri: @Daniel: basically what Daniel is saying. Using frequency     (1J163)

[8:37] Torsten Hahmann: @Francesca: I totally agree - not just the ontology owner/devleoper should be     (1J164)

able to tag, but also all users; they provide probably better tags (how they found it)     (1J165)

[8:38] Francesca Quattri: @Tosten: agreed. Also thinking that developers might estimate a     (1J166)

tag/category, users relate the choice -even semantic one for the tag- to their need.     (1J167)

[8:38] Christoph Lange: Let me type. I think SKOS answers many of our questions.     (1J168)

[8:38] Christoph Lange: It allows for combining a formal category hierarchy with informal labels     (1J169)

[8:39] Christoph Lange: As soon as we represent "folksonomy tags" with URIs, we can link them to an     (1J170)

existing SKOS scheme     (1J171)

[8:45] DanielCoutoVale: Documenting my comment: the kind of user interaction that we want to allow     (1J172)

is dependent on whether we have a folksonomy or a controlled taxonomy. On the one hand, because     (1J173)

users tend to be unsure about the tags that would promote their content or be confident in the wrong     (1J174)

direction, suggesting the most commonly searched and used tags to the annotator and suggesting the     (1J175)

existent tags to the searcher might be a necessary convergence step if we go for an open set of     (1J176)

tags. On the other hand, not offering the freedom of choosing any tag might allow us to offer other     (1J177)

kinds of user face interaction which are not text fields.     (1J178)

[8:41] Francesca Quattri: hey Everyone, thanks, great talk!     (1J179)

[8:41] Christoph Lange: Thanks, bye!     (1J180)

[8:--] Michael Grüninger: would be good to have a "Metadata" session to follow-up on today's discussion     (1J181)

[8:42] Peter P. Yim: no OOR session next Tue 2013.10.15 - there will be a Common Logic (CLv2) meeting that day     (1J182)

[8:42] Peter P. Yim: no OOR session on Tue 2013.10.22 either, ISWC will be in session that week     (1J183)

[8:43] Peter P. Yim: @Michael, Todd, Ken, Till, et al. - let's work on the details about the program for     (1J184)

the Tue 2013.10.29 session offline     (1J185)

[8:44] Peter P. Yim: -- session ended: 8:41am PDT --     (1J186)

-- end in-session chat-transcript --     (1J187)

5. Action items:     (1J188)

6. Any Other Business:     (1J190)

  • Scheduling the events/programs for the next three Tuesday OOR meeting slots     (1J191)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1J192)

  • next Meeting     (1J193)
    • no OOR session on Tue 2013.10.15 & 10.22 ... we'll work up the Tue 2013.10.29 program offline     (1J193A)
  • regular meeting start-times will be: 7:00am PDT / 10:00am EDT / 4:00pm CEST / 3:00pm BST / 1400 UTC     (1J194)
  • 1st Tuesdays of each month will be for OOR team regular monthly confcall - for admin/planning     (1J195)
  • 2nd Tuesdays of each month will be for OOR-hackathon     (1J196)
  • ... please mark your calendars and make sure you can come!     (1J197)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2013.10.08-9:00am PDT     (1J200)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1J201)


[edit] Resources     (1K)

  • the Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series:     (1K18)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1K27)