From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OntologySummit2008: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Thursday 03-Mar-2008     (1)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • postmortem and follow-up actions on the Thu 2008.02.28 joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Session     (1E1)
    • Peter: do a similar session on early-adopter content-provider (i.e.ontology developers and stewards) and their requirements & expectations?     (1E1A)
    • Peter: do another session on ontology-of-ontology?     (1E1B)
  • reveiw status of "Advisory Committee" nominations and invitations     (1E2)
  • status review and action plans for the online discourse     (1E3)
  • status review on the F2F-workshop planning and preparation     (1E4)
  • status review on how we are getting the word out     (1E5)
  • proposing candidates for co-editors of the Communique draft     (1E6)
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E7)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status / Discussion of developing issues:     (1G7)

  • Outstanding Issue Update: (from last call)     (1G8)
    • submit last year's communique to Applied Ontologies Journal [attn: Steve]     (1G8A)
  • postmortem and follow-up actions on the Thu 2008.02.28 joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Session     (1G10)
    • proceedings at: ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     (1G10A)
    • do a similar session on early-adopter content-provider (i.e.ontology developers and stewards) and their requirements & expectations?     (1G10B)
    • do another session on ontology-of-ontology?     (1G10C)
    • Peter will run this by the OOR team at the next call     (1G10D)
  • status review online discourse     (1G12)
    • we need to step up the level of activities here     (1G12A)
    • move the summary pages up ... under the Ontology Summit 2008: "What's New"     (1G12B)
    • Michelle to prompt the champions to put out strawman positions and get the various main topic threads going     (1G12C)
    • Peter: I was thinking of inviting certain discussion champions over to join us at the organizing committee call, but would want to discuss this here first, and maybe do it next time.     (1G12D)
    • Team: we should have this as a separate meeting, maybe same day (Mondays) right after the organizing committee meeting     (1G12E)
      • first call Wed 2008.03.05 1 Hr starting 1:15pm EST / 10:15am PST - Michelle to announce, Peter to help create the session page template (with Michelle doing the agenda and real content.)     (1G12E1)
  • status review on the F2F-workshop planning and preparation     (1G13)
    • Steve: url for the NIST Interoperability Week will be available real soon,     (1G13A)
      • and with that to the registration pages for each workshop, including ours.     (1G13A1)
    • Susan Turnbull will be hosting an Expedition Workshop on the third day of Interoperability Week (i.e. Apr-30) too; we'll try to invite our community to join her on that session as well.     (1G13B)
    • Steve: there will be no "plenary session" this year for Interoperability Week     (1G13C)
    • Steve to start setting up a preliminary time-table, and a draft agenda - to be out by next Monday     (1G13D)
  • status review on how we are getting the word out     (1G14)
    • Steve: will get the NIST public affairs people to continue to help us with getting the word out     (1G14A)

5. New Issues:     (1G16)

  • potential conflicting workshop in Toronto on 2008.04.28~30 (ref. Doug Lenat's input) - Steve to find out     (1G17)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G18)

7. Action items:     (1G19)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G20)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.03.03-1:32pm PST     (1G24)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G25)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G26)