From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

Ontology Summit 2007 Organizing Committee Conference Call - Tuesday 03-Apr-2007     (1)

  • This session will a 30-minute conference call starting at Tue 03-Apr-2007 8:30am PDT / 11:30am EDT / 5:30pm CET / 15:30 GMT/UTC     (1A)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • finalize on the speaker invitations for the 4/23 & 24 F2F sessions and get the invitations out     (1E1)
  • discuss the processing of the OntologySummit2007_Survey and forum discussion inputs, and to coordinate on the preparation for the Apr-23 & 24 Summit face-to-face workshops. - devoting part of the 05-Apr-2007 Ontolog weekly call to do it with Summit conveners     (1E2)
  • Discuss - what could ensure us that we are bringing "value" to the community-at-large, with this "Ontology Summit 2007" endeavor?     (1E3)
  • getting organized to summarize/synthesize the mailing list discussions on the wiki     (1E4)
  • ... (please post here; indentify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E5)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G4)

3. Urgent Issues:     (1G6)

we need to come to some virtual consensus even BEFORE the face-to-face     (1G8A)

HCLS interest group co-chairs: Eric Neumann, Tonya Hongsermeier; Susie Stephens (BioRDF taskforce), Vipul Kashyap (BioONT taskforce); also need to engage more European folks     (1G10)

session co-chairs will make the call on how they will be running their session, but whatever it is, please communicate that with everyone, and get the 'invitations' out (where applicable) ASAP!     (1G12A)
  • discuss the processing of the OntologySummit2007_Survey and forum discussion inputs, and to coordinate on the preparation for the Apr-23 & 24 Summit face-to-face workshops.     (1G13)
    • Peter: devoting part of the 05-Apr-2007 Ontolog weekly call to do it with Summit conveners. Please come, if possible.     (1G13A)
    • Deborah: distribute the work and get various people to summarize for the rest of the community     (1G13B)
      • Peter / Steve: various people already assign (especially, session co-chairs and volunteered wiki editors)     (1G13B1)
  • how can we effectively use the rest of the open Thursdays (Ontolog time slot) to help with the summit prep work before the f2f?     (1G14)
  • Discussion:     (1G15)
    • What could ensure us that we are bringing "value" to the community-at-large (or even the world-at-large), with this "Ontology Summit 2007" endeavor?     (1G15A)
      • Steve: focus on the deliverables - and what will 'last' (even after all the discussions and the meetings) - that, possibly, could be the 'framework' that everyone could use in the future     (1G15A1)

4. Outstanding Issues:     (1G17)

5. New Issues:     (1G19)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G20)

  • Action Items:     (1G21)
    • Deborah, Leo & Michael to get in touch and start drafting the "framework"     (1G21A)
    • Tom and Chris to get in touch with each other (if you haven't alerady) and get started on "populating"     (1G21B)
    • Olivier & Frank are in touch now and will get started on drafting the "communique"     (1G21C)
    • Peter to roll up the survey database and send it to Ken Baclawski for analysis,; also post it (for open access) so that the session co-chairs sice-and-dice the collected data and make use of them too     (1G21D)
    • Since we only have 2 more organizing committee calls (Apr-10 & 17) and two available slots on the Ontolog Thursday conference call (Apr-5 & 19) where we can involve others in the community, please pitch in some ideas on how we could optimally use these time slots to advance the process in preparation for the Apr-23 & 24 face-to-face meetings.     (1G21E)
    • Asked where should one start (to catch up) - Peter answered, from the top of the Ontology Summit 2007 project home page - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2007     (1G21F)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G22)

  • ALL: we will continue the discussion of today's agenda items on the [ontology-summit-org] list     (1G23)
  • Next Meeting: (candidate) unless otherwise re-scheduled (which we likely will) our next meeting will be a 30-minute conference call starting at Tue 10-Apr-2007 8:30am PDT / 11:30am EDT / 5:30pm CET / 15:30 UTC. (ref: world clock)     (1G24)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2007.04.03-09:27 PDT     (1G27)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G28)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G29)