From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

[ontolog] Member Conference Call - Thu 2006-03-30     (1)

  • Subject: [ontolog] member conference call Thu 2006-03-30     (1A1)

Attendees     (1B)

Agenda Ideas (candidate items to be adopted into the agenda for discussion)     (1C)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda     (1E1)

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes     (1E3)

3) Roll-call of participants     (1E5)

4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)     (1E7)

  • near future - Roy, Denise, Conor, Jack & DavidFurrucci (on UIMA) - Kurt and Peter will follow-up with these speakers off-line     (1E11)

5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues     (1E15)

6) Follow-ups from previous calls     (1E16)

  • Bob and Nicolas will work on the ontological lessons learned in our exercise on RegularConferenceCall scheduling -- (Bob / Nicolas - please bring closure to this item) - discussion postponed (unless we have time)     (1E19)

7) Current Project Status Report - discussion postponed     (1E20)

  • UpperOntologySummit - organizing committee report     (1E28)
    • more audio has been made available by NIST/Steve - Peter: they'll be posted soon     (1E28A)
    • UOS-organizing commmittee concludes that we should freeze the UOS Joint Communique; any refinement can go into the whitepaper that's going to be worked on     (1E28B)
    • will use the Ontolog environment to pursue any follow-ups to UOS     (1E28C)
      • the [uos-convene] list, wiki etc. will conitnue to be available for the purpose     (1E28C1)
    • possible follow-up with NSF     (1E28D)
      • Steve: need to be careful from the government ethics standpoint. Leo concurs. This applies to NIST and MITRE.     (1E28D1)
      • NIST and Ontolog will keep each other posted     (1E28D2)

8) Key Issues discussion:     (1E29)

9) New project proposals     (1E35)

10) Sponsorship and funding     (1E36)

  • Steve: consider SBIR (most us-based UO custodians would probably qualify)     (1E37)
  • Peter: try getting a team (subset of UOS-conveners) to start thinking about a joint proposal     (1E38)
    • and then invite someone from NSF over, to join us at a conference call to bounce the idea off him/her.     (1E38A)

11) Other business     (1E39)

  • action plans     (1E45)
    • Leo, Pat, Steve & Peter to try get some interaction on the [uos-convene] list     (1E45A)
    • try getting the UOS-conveners together next week (Apr. 6) to explore the possibilities of drawing up a joint proposal     (1E45B)

12) Next meeting date and adjourn     (1E46)

  • Our next meeting/callwill be next Thu 2006.04.06, a regular active membership conference call     (1E47)
  • this call adjourned 11:40 am PST     (1E48)

minutes captured in real time on this wiki by Peter P. Yim / 2006.03.30-11:45am PST     (1E50)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1E51)