From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(m-migrated)
 
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(5 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
= [[OntologySummit2013]]: (Track-D) "Software Environments for Evaluating Ontologies" Community Input  =
 
= [[OntologySummit2013]]: (Track-D) "Software Environments for Evaluating Ontologies" Community Input  =
  
'''Track Co-champions: MichaelDenny, KenBaclawski & PeterYim'''  
+
'''Track Co-champions: [[MichaelDenny|Michael Denny]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & PeterYim'''  
  
 
== Mission Statement:  ==
 
== Mission Statement:  ==
Line 13: Line 13:
 
see also: [[OntologySummit2013_Software_Environments_For_Evaluating_Ontologies_Synthesis]]  
 
see also: [[OntologySummit2013_Software_Environments_For_Evaluating_Ontologies_Synthesis]]  
  
* and [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/2013-01-17_OntologySummit2013_Launch/Track-D_SoftwareEnivronments-OntologyEvaluation-intro--JoanneLuciano-PeterYim_20130117.pdf the Track-D intro slides] from the OntologySummit2013 [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_01_17 Launch Event]  
+
* and [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/2013-01-17_OntologySummit2013_Launch/Track-D_SoftwareEnivronments-OntologyEvaluation-intro--JoanneLuciano-PeterYim_20130117.pdf the Track-D intro slides] from the [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_01_17 Launch Event]  
  
 
----
 
----
Line 23: Line 23:
 
----
 
----
  
== OntologySummit2013 Hackathon-Clinic Contributor confcall (n.05) - Fri 2013.03.19  ==
+
== [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] Hackathon-Clinic Contributor confcall (n.05) - Fri 2013.03.19  ==
  
 
* Date / Start time: Tuesday 2013.03.19 - 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 1:00pm ART / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC ([http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=19&year=2013&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 worldclock])  
 
* Date / Start time: Tuesday 2013.03.19 - 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 1:00pm ART / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC ([http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=19&year=2013&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 worldclock])  
Line 36: Line 36:
  
 
* Expecting: all leads of submitted hackathon-clinics projects; all independent contributors who have signed up  
 
* Expecting: all leads of submitted hackathon-clinics projects; all independent contributors who have signed up  
** (optional) all OntologySummit2013 organizing committee members, invitees, and all who are interested or considering to participate ... this meeting is open to all (as observers).  
+
** (optional) all [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] organizing committee members, invitees, and all who are interested or considering to participate ... this meeting is open to all (as observers).  
  
* Attended: MikeDean (co-chair), KenBaclawski (co-chair), PeterYim (scribe), AliHashemi, AmandaVizedom, AnatolyLevenchuk, AstridDuqueRamos, JoelBender, KenBaclawski, MarcelaVegetti, MariCarmenSuarezFigueroa, MariaPoveda, MichaelGruninger, MikeDean, OliverKutz, TillMossakowski, YuriyMilov  
+
* Attended: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (co-chair), [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] (co-chair), [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (scribe), [[AliHashemi|Ali Hashemi]], [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]], [[AnatolyLevenchuk|Anatoly Levenchuk]], [[AstridDuqueRamos|Astrid Duque Ramos]], [[JoelBender|Joel Bender]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MarcelaVegetti|Marcela Vegetti]], [[MariCarmenSuarezFigueroa|Mari Carmen Suarez Figueroa]], [[MariaPoveda|Maria Poveda]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]]
** Observers: BrandNiemann,  
+
** Observers: [[BrandNiemann|Brand Niemann]],  
** Regrets: SamirTartir, MatthewWest,  
+
** Regrets: [[SamirTartir|Samir Tartir]], [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]],  
  
 
=== Agenda Idea:  ===
 
=== Agenda Idea:  ===
Line 47: Line 47:
 
* picking the dates of the Hackathon-Clinics weekend(s) and scheduling projects to those dates  
 
* picking the dates of the Hackathon-Clinics weekend(s) and scheduling projects to those dates  
 
* prepare for the Thu 2013.03.28 - session-11 - Getting the "hackathon," "clinics" and related activities going virtual session  
 
* prepare for the Thu 2013.03.28 - session-11 - Getting the "hackathon," "clinics" and related activities going virtual session  
* discussing next steps on rolling out the OntologySummit2013 Hackathon-Clinics;  
+
* discussing next steps on rolling out the [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] Hackathon-Clinics;  
  
 
Ref.  
 
Ref.  
Line 94: Line 94:
 
** [action] project point-persons, please be prepared to present on 3/28, slides due 3/26  
 
** [action] project point-persons, please be prepared to present on 3/28, slides due 3/26  
  
5. Discussing next steps on rolling out the OntologySummit2013 Hackathon-Clinics;  
+
5. Discussing next steps on rolling out the [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] Hackathon-Clinics;  
  
* PeterYim will harmonize the schedule input received and post a proposed hackathon-clinics calendar for everyone on the [ontology-summit] list to review and adopt  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] will harmonize the schedule input received and post a proposed hackathon-clinics calendar for everyone on the [ontology-summit] list to review and adopt  
  
 
6. Any other business  
 
6. Any other business  
Line 110: Line 110:
 
----
 
----
  
== OntologySummit2013 Hackathon-Clinic Proposal confcall (n.04) - Fri 2013.03.05  ==
+
== [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] Hackathon-Clinic Proposal confcall (n.04) - Fri 2013.03.05  ==
  
 
* Date / Start time: Tuesday 2013.03.05 - 7:00am PST / 10:00 am EST / 12:00pm ART / 4:00pm CET / 15:00 GMT/UTC ([http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=5&year=2013&hour=7&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 worldclock])  
 
* Date / Start time: Tuesday 2013.03.05 - 7:00am PST / 10:00 am EST / 12:00pm ART / 4:00pm CET / 15:00 GMT/UTC ([http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=5&year=2013&hour=7&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 worldclock])  
Line 122: Line 122:
 
* In-session chat-space: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/summit_20130305  
 
* In-session chat-space: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/summit_20130305  
  
* Expecting: MikeDean (co-chair), PeterYim (co-chair), KenBaclawski, and all who plan to participate in the OntologySummit2013 "Hackathon" and "Clinics" activities  ... (anyone else from the summit organizing team interested and can commit time and effort into this are welcome.)  
+
* Expecting: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (co-chair), [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (co-chair), [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], and all who plan to participate in the [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] "Hackathon" and "Clinics" activities  ... (anyone else from the summit organizing team interested and can commit time and effort into this are welcome.)  
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
Line 178: Line 178:
  
 
* do we want/need to extend the 2013.03.08 (this Thursday) proposal submission deadline?  
 
* do we want/need to extend the 2013.03.08 (this Thursday) proposal submission deadline?  
** PeterYim: looks like we don't need to ... however, Again, proposal deadline is 2013.03.08 (this Thursday) ... anyone who needs an extra day or two for this, should write <peter.yim@cim3.com> offline about it.  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: looks like we don't need to ... however, Again, proposal deadline is 2013.03.08 (this Thursday) ... anyone who needs an extra day or two for this, should write <peter.yim@cim3.com> offline about it.  
  
 
5. Any other business  
 
5. Any other business  
  
* YuriyMilov: why limit the hackathon to 1 or 2 days ... why not 4 weeks?  
+
* [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]]: why limit the hackathon to 1 or 2 days ... why not 4 weeks?  
 
** Answer: [ppy] the constraint is in our ability to sustain an open distributed collaboration workspace for intensive work for a long time ... we should recognize the project partner can (and would) be working independent of those 1 or 2 days; just treat those 1 or 2 days as the "community collaboration" days.  
 
** Answer: [ppy] the constraint is in our ability to sustain an open distributed collaboration workspace for intensive work for a long time ... we should recognize the project partner can (and would) be working independent of those 1 or 2 days; just treat those 1 or 2 days as the "community collaboration" days.  
  
Line 199: Line 199:
 
----
 
----
  
== OntologySummit2013 Survey and Website sub-team confcall (n.03) - Fri 2013.02.22  ==
+
== [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] Survey and Website sub-team confcall (n.03) - Fri 2013.02.22  ==
  
 
* Date / Start time: Friday 2013.02.22 - 6:00am PST / 9:00 am EST / 11:00am ART / 3:00pm CET / 14:00 GMT/UTC  
 
* Date / Start time: Friday 2013.02.22 - 6:00am PST / 9:00 am EST / 11:00am ART / 3:00pm CET / 14:00 GMT/UTC  
Line 211: Line 211:
 
* In-session chat-space: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/summit_20130222  
 
* In-session chat-space: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/summit_20130222  
  
* Expecting: MikeDenny (chair), KenBaclawski, SimonSpero, AmandaVizedom, MarcelaVegetti, AliHashemi, PeterYim, ... (anyone else from the summit organizing team interested and can commit time and effort into this are welcome.)  
+
* Expecting: [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]] (chair), [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[SimonSpero|Simon Spero]], [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]], [[MarcelaVegetti|Marcela Vegetti]], [[AliHashemi|Ali Hashemi]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ... (anyone else from the summit organizing team interested and can commit time and effort into this are welcome.)  
  
* Attended: MikeDenny (chair), KenBaclawski, SimonSpero, AmandaVizedom, MarcelaVegetti, AliHashemi, PeterYim (scribe)  
+
* Attended: [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]] (chair), [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[SimonSpero|Simon Spero]], [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]], [[MarcelaVegetti|Marcela Vegetti]], [[AliHashemi|Ali Hashemi]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (scribe)  
 
** Regrets:  
 
** Regrets:  
  
Line 231: Line 231:
  
 
* 1) finalizing the list of software capabilities;  
 
* 1) finalizing the list of software capabilities;  
** MikeDenny: feedback collected, looks like only minor changes needed. MikeDenny will get a revised list out by cob Thu 2013.02.28 [action: MikeDenny]  
+
** [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]]: feedback collected, looks like only minor changes needed. [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]] will get a revised list out by cob Thu 2013.02.28 [action: MikeDenny]  
 
***   
 
***   
**** MikeDenny: I will be traveling for 10 days starting Fri 2013.03.01 (will miss the organizing committee meeting on Mar-1 too)  
+
**** [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]]: I will be traveling for 10 days starting Fri 2013.03.01 (will miss the organizing committee meeting on Mar-1 too)  
 
* 2) reviewing prototypes from candidate software providers;  
 
* 2) reviewing prototypes from candidate software providers;  
 
* 3) publishing the survey in a convenient form ... reviewing:  
 
* 3) publishing the survey in a convenient form ... reviewing:  
** prototype on [http://project.cim3.net/survey/ LimeSurvey] from SimonSpero - Simon: (for now) see:  [http://project.cim3.net/survey/index.php?sid=71659&lang=en alt-A] ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/OntologySummit2013_Survey/wip/limesurvey-proto-01_2013-02-22_125526.jpg scrn-shot]) & [http://project.cim3.net/survey/index.php?sid=71659&newtest=Y&lang=en alt-B] ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/OntologySummit2013_Survey/wip/limesurvey-proto-02_2013-02-22_125402.jpg scrn-shot])  
+
** prototype on [http://project.cim3.net/survey/ LimeSurvey] from [[SimonSpero|Simon Spero]] - Simon: (for now) see:  [http://project.cim3.net/survey/index.php?sid=71659&lang=en alt-A] ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/OntologySummit2013_Survey/wip/limesurvey-proto-01_2013-02-22_125526.jpg scrn-shot]) & [http://project.cim3.net/survey/index.php?sid=71659&newtest=Y&lang=en alt-B] ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/OntologySummit2013_Survey/wip/limesurvey-proto-02_2013-02-22_125402.jpg scrn-shot])  
** prototype on OntologPSMW from KenBaclawski ... Ken: give it a try ...  
+
** prototype on [[OntologPSMW|Ontolog PSMW]] from [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] ... Ken: give it a try ...  
 
*** http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/OntologySummit2013_Survey_Prototype_Untabbed  
 
*** http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/OntologySummit2013_Survey_Prototype_Untabbed  
 
*** http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/OntologySummit2013_Survey_Prototype_Tabbed  
 
*** http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/OntologySummit2013_Survey_Prototype_Tabbed  
 
**** we are missing the the header tabs extension at the ontolog-02 wiki (for now), so all of the questions show up as separate sections on a single page rather than tabs ... [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/OntologySummit2013_Survey/wip/survey_psmw-proto-tabbed_02.gif this] is what it should look like.  
 
**** we are missing the the header tabs extension at the ontolog-02 wiki (for now), so all of the questions show up as separate sections on a single page rather than tabs ... [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/OntologySummit2013_Survey/wip/survey_psmw-proto-tabbed_02.gif this] is what it should look like.  
**** note that one will have to log in, to contribute to the survey (the login anyone is using at the OntologWiki now should also work on the OntologPSMW)  
+
**** note that one will have to log in, to contribute to the survey (the login anyone is using at the [[OntologWiki|Ontolog Wiki]] now should also work on the OntologPSMW)  
** [decision] MikeDenny & ALL: we will do the survey on the OntologPSMW  
+
** [decision] [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]] & ALL: we will do the survey on the [[OntologPSMW|Ontolog PSMW]]
*** MikeDenny with work with KenBaclawski to develop the survey form - will use the [ontolog-dev] mailing list for the communications (so we can document the process and details for future reference.)  
+
*** [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]] with work with [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to develop the survey form - will use the [ontolog-dev] mailing list for the communications (so we can document the process and details for future reference.)  
 
* 4) collecting and publishing the survey results.  
 
* 4) collecting and publishing the survey results.  
** [action - KenBaclawski] will have the initial survey ready by Mon 2013.02.25 ... Mike will provide comments to Ken (in fact, MikeDenny can even edit the survey himself, if he wants to; afterall it is on a wiki).  
+
** [action - KenBaclawski] will have the initial survey ready by Mon 2013.02.25 ... Mike will provide comments to Ken (in fact, [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]] can even edit the survey himself, if he wants to; afterall it is on a wiki).  
** [action - MikeDenny, KenBaclawski] will aim at having the survey instrument done (all questions and content finalized) by - Thu 2013.02.28  
+
** [action - [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]], KenBaclawski] will aim at having the survey instrument done (all questions and content finalized) by - Thu 2013.02.28  
** [action - MikeDenny, et al.] will also discuss how to circulate and promote the survey over [ontology-summit-org] list  
+
** [action - [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]], et al.] will also discuss how to circulate and promote the survey over [ontology-summit-org] list  
 
*** Peter will add Ken to the [ontology-summit-org] list  
 
*** Peter will add Ken to the [ontology-summit-org] list  
 
** [action - MikeDenny] we will aim to release on Wed 2013.03.13  
 
** [action - MikeDenny] we will aim to release on Wed 2013.03.13  
Line 255: Line 255:
 
* Marcela: see my [http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fosseries.referata.com%2Fwiki%2FOntologySummit_2013&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGJk1qO_wmWUZHLQfm5Zo3st7WvDw SMW prototype] ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/Track-D--Software-Environments/website-smw-proto-01_2013-02-22_125834.jpg scrn-shot])  
 
* Marcela: see my [http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fosseries.referata.com%2Fwiki%2FOntologySummit_2013&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGJk1qO_wmWUZHLQfm5Zo3st7WvDw SMW prototype] ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/Track-D--Software-Environments/website-smw-proto-01_2013-02-22_125834.jpg scrn-shot])  
 
** ... and the [http://osseries.referata.com/w/images/Schema2.pdf ontology] I am using for this prototype  
 
** ... and the [http://osseries.referata.com/w/images/Schema2.pdf ontology] I am using for this prototype  
* Peter: we will develop the OntologySummit2013 PSMW site on the wiki instance at - http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/  
+
* Peter: we will develop the [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] PSMW site on the wiki instance at - http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/  
 
* our target is to create a "prettier" website (as a start: like what we had last year) - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/OntologySummit/2012/  
 
* our target is to create a "prettier" website (as a start: like what we had last year) - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/OntologySummit/2012/  
 
* we need to work on the look-and-feel too - need some UI, css and skin development skills  
 
* we need to work on the look-and-feel too - need some UI, css and skin development skills  
Line 279: Line 279:
 
----
 
----
  
== OOR OntologySummit2013 Hackathon-Clinic Team Meeting (n.02) - Tue 2013.02.05  ==
+
== OOR [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] Hackathon-Clinic Team Meeting (n.02) - Tue 2013.02.05  ==
  
 
* Date / Start time: Tuesday 2013.02.05 - 7:30am PST / 10:30am EST / 4:30pm CET / 15:30 GMT/UTC  
 
* Date / Start time: Tuesday 2013.02.05 - 7:30am PST / 10:30am EST / 4:30pm CET / 15:30 GMT/UTC  
 
* Duration: 1.5 Hours  
 
* Duration: 1.5 Hours  
  
* Attendees: PeterYim (chair), KenBaclawski, MariaPoveda, MikeDean, MikeDenny, OliverKutz, TillMossakowski, YuriyMilov  
+
* Attendees: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (chair), [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MariaPoveda|Maria Poveda]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]], [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]]
  
 
Full details at: '''[[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_02_05]]'''  
 
Full details at: '''[[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_02_05]]'''  
Line 306: Line 306:
 
* In-session chat-space: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/summit_20130125  
 
* In-session chat-space: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/summit_20130125  
  
* Invited: KenBaclawski, DavidLeal, VictorAgroskin, TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, MikeDean, MichaelDenny, PeterYim, ... also, LeoObrst, SteveRay, KingsleyIdehen, SimonSpero, JoanneLuciano, YuriyMilov, HaroldSolbrig, TaniaTudorache, TrishWhetzel, JieBao,  
+
* Invited: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[DavidLeal|David Leal]], [[VictorAgroskin|Victor Agroskin]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[MichaelDenny|Michael Denny]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ... also, [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]], [[KingsleyIdehen|Kingsley Idehen]], [[SimonSpero|Simon Spero]], [[JoanneLuciano|Joanne Luciano]], [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]], [[HaroldSolbrig|Harold Solbrig]], [[TaniaTudorache|Tania Tudorache]], [[TrishWhetzel|Trish Whetzel]], [[JieBao|Jie Bao]],  
 
** this is an open meeting, besides the those invited (above), everyone else who are interested in supporting the track-D or the potential "hackathon" work are welcome; those on the [ontology-summit-org] list; and other invitees of the organizing committee.  
 
** this is an open meeting, besides the those invited (above), everyone else who are interested in supporting the track-D or the potential "hackathon" work are welcome; those on the [ontology-summit-org] list; and other invitees of the organizing committee.  
  
* Attended: PeterYim (chair), DavidLeal, KenBaclawski, MikeDenny, MikeBennett, TillMossakowski, YuriyMilov  
+
* Attended: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (chair), [[DavidLeal|David Leal]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MikeDenny|Mike Denny]], [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]]
** Regrets: TaniaTudorache, PaulAlexander, MikeDean, ToddSchneider, VictorAgroskin, SteveRay (traveling), LeoObrst (will try to join), JoanneLuciano (will try to join),  
+
** Regrets: [[TaniaTudorache|Tania Tudorache]], [[PaulAlexander|Paul Alexander]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[VictorAgroskin|Victor Agroskin]], [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]] (traveling), [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] (will try to join), [[JoanneLuciano|Joanne Luciano]] (will try to join),  
  
 
* Add your '''Agenda Ideas''' and anything you want discussed at this meeting below:  
 
* Add your '''Agenda Ideas''' and anything you want discussed at this meeting below:  
Line 328: Line 328:
  
 
* What are we trying to achieve?  
 
* What are we trying to achieve?  
** quick review of the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/2013-01-17_OntologySummit2013_Launch/Track-D_SoftwareEnivronments-OntologyEvaluation-intro--JoanneLuciano-PeterYim_20130117.pdf the Track-D intro slides] from the OntologySummit2013 [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_01_17 Launch Event]  
+
** quick review of the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2013/2013-01-17_OntologySummit2013_Launch/Track-D_SoftwareEnivronments-OntologyEvaluation-intro--JoanneLuciano-PeterYim_20130117.pdf the Track-D intro slides] from the [[OntologySummit2013|Ontology Summit 2013]] [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_01_17 Launch Event]  
 
** Noting: already on the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2013#nid3J1E Master Calendar] -  
 
** Noting: already on the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2013#nid3J1E Master Calendar] -  
 
*** Thu 2013.02.14 - session-05 - Track-D  
 
*** Thu 2013.02.14 - session-05 - Track-D  
Line 344: Line 344:
 
* Getting organized  
 
* Getting organized  
 
** (i) (A) Research, Survey, Enumerate "what's out there," and (B) showcase exemplary software environments and tools for evaluating ontologies  
 
** (i) (A) Research, Survey, Enumerate "what's out there," and (B) showcase exemplary software environments and tools for evaluating ontologies  
*** who's on board:  MichaelDenny (will lead 'Research, Survey, Enumerate "what's out there"' effort), MikeBennett, ...  
+
*** who's on board:  [[MichaelDenny|Michael Denny]] (will lead 'Research, Survey, Enumerate "what's out there"' effort), [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]], ...  
 
*** candidate deliverables: ... ''(deferring to discussion on mailing list)'' ... suggest starting with each member (or team-pair) propose their own deliverable(s) and then discuss  
 
*** candidate deliverables: ... ''(deferring to discussion on mailing list)'' ... suggest starting with each member (or team-pair) propose their own deliverable(s) and then discuss  
 
** (ii) User communities that have real needs to evaluate ontologies, to provide us the use cases, upon which we can ground our work  
 
** (ii) User communities that have real needs to evaluate ontologies, to provide us the use cases, upon which we can ground our work  
*** who's on board: (Manufacturing / Process Industry) DavidLeal, (Finance) MikeBennett, (Earth Science) PeterFox (added: JL/2013.01.28) ... RDA?? Biomedical Informatics??  
+
*** who's on board: (Manufacturing / Process Industry) [[DavidLeal|David Leal]], (Finance) [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]], (Earth Science) PeterFox (added: JL/2013.01.28) ... RDA?? Biomedical Informatics??  
 
*** candidate deliverables: ... ''(deferring to discussion on mailing list)'' ... suggest starting with each member (or team-pair) propose their own deliverable(s) and then discuss  
 
*** candidate deliverables: ... ''(deferring to discussion on mailing list)'' ... suggest starting with each member (or team-pair) propose their own deliverable(s) and then discuss  
 
** (iii) Communities/teams of Ontology Software developers and tool-makers, who will join us in this track's activities, especially in terms of prototyping and implementations that could help advance the state-of-the-art in software and systems for ontology evaluation  
 
** (iii) Communities/teams of Ontology Software developers and tool-makers, who will join us in this track's activities, especially in terms of prototyping and implementations that could help advance the state-of-the-art in software and systems for ontology evaluation  
*** who's on board: TillMossakowski, KenBaclawski, YuriyMilov, ... VictorAgroskin, MikeDean  
+
*** who's on board: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]], ... [[VictorAgroskin|Victor Agroskin]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]
 
*** candidate deliverables: ... ''(deferring to discussion on mailing list)'' ... suggest starting with each member (or team-pair) propose their own deliverable(s) and then discuss  
 
*** candidate deliverables: ... ''(deferring to discussion on mailing list)'' ... suggest starting with each member (or team-pair) propose their own deliverable(s) and then discuss  
  
 
* Any other business  
 
* Any other business  
** YuriyMilov suggested, and there was consensus among those at the meeting, that, for the hackathon work, all hack-teams will put their work on the Eclipse development environment.  
+
** [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]] suggested, and there was consensus among those at the meeting, that, for the hackathon work, all hack-teams will put their work on the Eclipse development environment.  
  
 
* Action items  
 
* Action items  
Line 367: Line 367:
 
  session adjourned: 9:10 am PST
 
  session adjourned: 9:10 am PST
 
  --
 
  --
  notes taken by: PeterYim / 2013.01.25-9.14am PST
+
  notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2013.01.25-9.14am PST
 
  All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
  All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
  
  
 
----
 
----

Latest revision as of 04:25, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OntologySummit2013: (Track-D) "Software Environments for Evaluating Ontologies" Community Input     (1)

Track Co-champions: Michael Denny, Ken Baclawski & PeterYim     (1A)

[edit] Mission Statement:     (1B)

Through this track, we aim to coordinate the following:     (1B1)

  • provide a venue to bring together individuals and communities who can help define and advance the state-of-the-art in software and systems for evaluating ontologies     (1B2)
  • the collection and enumeration of software environments and tools for evaluating ontologies (with emphasis on those that are open efforts and those that are publicly available)     (1B3)
  • investigations and development work (software prototyping and implementation) focused on the ontology evaluation theme, leading to interim presentations at the symposium, and possibly continued after this Ontology Summit ... (this bullet, which was on our original mission statement is now handled by the Hackathon-Clinics Activities champions - see: OntologySummit2013_Hackathon_Clinics)     (1B4)


Enter your input below ... (please identify yourself and date your entry)     (1B7)


[edit] Ontology Summit 2013 Hackathon-Clinic Contributor confcall (n.05) - Fri 2013.03.19     (1C)

  • Expecting: all leads of submitted hackathon-clinics projects; all independent contributors who have signed up     (1C5)
    • (optional) all Ontology Summit 2013 organizing committee members, invitees, and all who are interested or considering to participate ... this meeting is open to all (as observers).     (1C5A)

[edit] Agenda Idea:     (1C7)

  • collaboratively align and tweak the projects and the teams, so we pare the number down to a few very interesting projects to work on, during the (community picked) Hackathon-Clinics weekends.     (1C7A)
  • picking the dates of the Hackathon-Clinics weekend(s) and scheduling projects to those dates     (1C7B)
  • prepare for the Thu 2013.03.28 - session-11 - Getting the "hackathon," "clinics" and related activities going virtual session     (1C7C)
  • discussing next steps on rolling out the Ontology Summit 2013 Hackathon-Clinics;     (1C7D)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings:     (1D)

1. Roll call, review and adopt agenda.     (1D3)

2. Collaboratively align and tweak the projects and the teams, so we pare the number down to a few very interesting projects to work on, during the (community picked) Hackathon-Clinics weekends.     (1D4)

3. Picking the dates of the Hackathon-Clinics weekend(s) and scheduling projects to those dates     (1D6)

we will assume that each project will take up one day (the Saturday will be the main event day, the Sunday will be an optional extension day, if the team wants to spend more time finishing up.)     (1D10)

4. Prepare for the Thu 2013.03.28 - session-11 - Getting the "hackathon," "clinics" and related activities going virtual session     (1D11)

5. Discussing next steps on rolling out the Ontology Summit 2013 Hackathon-Clinics;     (1D13)

  • Peter P. Yim will harmonize the schedule input received and post a proposed hackathon-clinics calendar for everyone on the [ontology-summit] list to review and adopt     (1D14)

6. Any other business     (1D15)

7. Follow-up, next meeting, adjournment.     (1D16)

  • let's discuss over the [ontology-summit] (for general and proposal-related issues) and [ontolog-dev] (for low level hackathon details) mailing lists     (1D17)


-- session ended: 10:32 am PDT -- 



[edit] Ontology Summit 2013 Hackathon-Clinic Proposal confcall (n.04) - Fri 2013.03.05     (1E)

Ref. Call for Proposals to the the "hackathon" and "clinics" activities - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2013-02/msg00056.html     (1E7)

[edit] Agenda Idea:     (1E8)

  • Make explicit that proposals may include slots for which they want/need additional help (what expertise). Also, there should be a call for, and way for, willing contributors who are not affiliated with one of these projects to register themselves and their skills, for proposers to see (and to generate additional energy/excitement). Having these separate, explicitly, may help with proposal speed / number (suggested by AmandaVizedom)     (1E8A)
  • encouraging collaboration and partnering in putting together a proposal     (1E8B)
  • any remaining issues, Q&A ref. the making of a "hackathon" or "clinic" proposal     (1E8C)
  • re-assess planned timeline and milestones     (1E8D)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings:     (1F)

1. Roll call, review and adopt agenda.     (1F3)

2. Taking inventory on candidate projects, and Q&A ...     (1F4)

  • Any question on what are projects under: "Hackathon," "Ontology Clinic-A," "Ontology-Clinic-B" & "Application Clinic" ... questions on the proposal writing?     (1F5)

3. Possible coordination to make as many of these projects into reality as we can     (1F7)

4. Reviewing the Calendar again - slides#13:     (1F11)

  • Announcement of the call for proposals: Thu 2013.02.21     (1F12)
  • Deadline for proposal submission: Thu 2013.03.08 (2 weeks to prepare proposal)     (1F13)
  • Alignment of projects and teams: 2013.03.09~03.19 (10 days to tweak proposals/projects)     (1F14)
  • Announcement of selected projects: Thu 2013.03.21     (1F15)
  • Hackathon-Clinics project plan debut: session-11 - Thu 2013.03.28     (1F16)
  • Staging of projects: Fri 2013.03.22 to hackathon-clinics weekend (see below; 1 week+)     (1F17)
  • Hackathon-Clinics Weekends:     (1F18)
  • preparation of writeup/presentation/demo - 2013.04.15~29 (2 weeks+)     (1F19)
  • writeup/presentation/demo material due - 2013.04.30 (2 days before event)     (1F20)
  • Presentation / Demo: Thu 2013.05.02 (Symposium Day-1)     (1F21)
  • (?)Award Ceremony: Fri 2013.05.03 (Symposium Day-2)     (1F22)
  • do we want/need to extend the 2013.03.08 (this Thursday) proposal submission deadline?     (1F23)
    • Peter P. Yim: looks like we don't need to ... however, Again, proposal deadline is 2013.03.08 (this Thursday) ... anyone who needs an extra day or two for this, should write <peter.yim@cim3.com> offline about it.     (1F23A)

5. Any other business     (1F24)

  • Yuriy Milov: why limit the hackathon to 1 or 2 days ... why not 4 weeks?     (1F25)
    • Answer: [ppy] the constraint is in our ability to sustain an open distributed collaboration workspace for intensive work for a long time ... we should recognize the project partner can (and would) be working independent of those 1 or 2 days; just treat those 1 or 2 days as the "community collaboration" days.     (1F25A)

6. Action items     (1F26)

7. Follow-up, next meeting, adjournment     (1F28)

  • let's discuss over the [ontology-summit] (for general and proposal-related issues) and [ontolog-dev] (for low level hackathon details) mailing lists     (1F29)


-- session ended: 8:30 am PST -- 



[edit] Ontology Summit 2013 Survey and Website sub-team confcall (n.03) - Fri 2013.02.22     (1G)

  • Date / Start time: Friday 2013.02.22 - 6:00am PST / 9:00 am EST / 11:00am ART / 3:00pm CET / 14:00 GMT/UTC     (1G1)
  • Duration: ~1.0 Hours (for survey); maybe another 30 minutes on website planning     (1G2)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings:     (1H)

1. Roll call, review and adopt agenda.     (1H3)

2. 2013-Survey design, implementation and deployment discussion - we want to come away with a plan for: (ref.)     (1H6)

3. Website design, implementation and deployment discussion     (1H11)

4. Any other business     (1H17)

  • exposing/publishing 2012-survey work ... [discussion deferred]     (1H18)

5. Action items     (1H19)

6. Follow-up, next meeting, adjournment     (1H21)


-- session ended: 7:57am PST -- 



[edit] OOR Ontology Summit 2013 Hackathon-Clinic Team Meeting (n.02) - Tue 2013.02.05     (1I)

  • Date / Start time: Tuesday 2013.02.05 - 7:30am PST / 10:30am EST / 4:30pm CET / 15:30 GMT/UTC     (1I1)
  • Duration: 1.5 Hours     (1I2)


[edit] Software for Ontology Evaluation: Exploratory Meeting - Fri 2013.01.25     (1J)

Conference call details:     (1J1)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings:     (1J8)

{{ 


[ chat transcript ] 


  • aligning what we mean by the "hackathon"     (1J8C)
    • what: need to define the "challenge" between now and March     (1J8C1)
    • how: distributed network of power hack-teams (who would probably be co-located)     (1J8C2)
    • when: weekends between 2013.03.28 and 2013.04.25 ... maybe earlier (to avoid conflict with students' final exams)     (1J8C3)
  • Getting organized     (1J8D)
    • (i) (A) Research, Survey, Enumerate "what's out there," and (B) showcase exemplary software environments and tools for evaluating ontologies     (1J8D1)
      • who's on board: Michael Denny (will lead 'Research, Survey, Enumerate "what's out there"' effort), Mike Bennett, ...     (1J8D1A)
      • candidate deliverables: ... (deferring to discussion on mailing list) ... suggest starting with each member (or team-pair) propose their own deliverable(s) and then discuss     (1J8D1B)
    • (ii) User communities that have real needs to evaluate ontologies, to provide us the use cases, upon which we can ground our work     (1J8D2)
      • who's on board: (Manufacturing / Process Industry) David Leal, (Finance) Mike Bennett, (Earth Science) PeterFox (added: JL/2013.01.28) ... RDA?? Biomedical Informatics??     (1J8D2A)
      • candidate deliverables: ... (deferring to discussion on mailing list) ... suggest starting with each member (or team-pair) propose their own deliverable(s) and then discuss     (1J8D2B)
    • (iii) Communities/teams of Ontology Software developers and tool-makers, who will join us in this track's activities, especially in terms of prototyping and implementations that could help advance the state-of-the-art in software and systems for ontology evaluation     (1J8D3)
  • Any other business     (1J8E)
    • Yuriy Milov suggested, and there was consensus among those at the meeting, that, for the hackathon work, all hack-teams will put their work on the Eclipse development environment.     (1J8E1)
  • Next meeting, wrap-up     (1J8G)
    • [consensus] (for now) we will not make further attempts to confer synchronously (it's too difficult) and will defer to asynchronous transactions     (1J8G1)
    • we will communicate all other outstanding issues via this wiki page, and via discussions on the mailing list(s) -     (1J8G2)
      • "[ontology-summit] " for teams (i) & (ii) work     (1J8G2A)
      • "[ontolog-dev] " for team (iii) work ... PPY: I will subscribe everyone on this team to this list     (1J8G2B)


session adjourned: 9:10 am PST
--
notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2013.01.25-9.14am PST
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.