This is one of the "OntologySummit2013_Hackathon_Clinics" Projects ...
Hackathon Project (HC-04): Ontology Summit 2013 Content Hack: leveraging semantics on OntologPSMW
Project Co-champions: Ken Baclawski, Marcela Vegetti, Ali Hashemi, Soledad Sonzini, Michael Denny, Tejas Parikh, Peter P. Yim
Event Date / Time: (Day-2) Sat 2013.04.06 ... see: [ details]
- Activities will be in session:
- from: Sat 2013.04.06 - 6:00am PDT / 9:00am EDT / 10:00am Argentina / 3:00pm CEST / 13:00 UTC
- to: Sat 2013.04.06 - 1:32pm PDT / 4:32pm EDT / 5:32pm Argentina / 20:32 UTC
- Kick-off and Open webcast segment - 1 Hr. 45 min. starting: Sat 2013.04.06 - 6:00am PDT / 9:00am EDT / 10:00am Argentina / 3:00pm CEST / 13:00 UTC
- Phone (US): +1 (206) 402-0100 ... Conference ID: 141184# ; or
- Skype: joinconference ... Conference ID: 141184#
- Hackathon main chat-room (all projects): http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/summit_hackathon
- Project chat-room (up when in session): http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/hc-04
- working OntologPSMW site for this hackathon exercise: http://ontolog-dev.cim3.net/wiki
Archived work output can be found here
Add your name below, along with any time constraints or other participation-related comments. Thank you!
- Ken Baclawski (co-champion; prime project contact)
- Marcela Vegetti (co-champion)
- Ali Hashemi
- JohnMcClure (Hypergrove)
- Mike Dean
- Peter P. Yim
- Tejas Parikh (on chat only)
- Frode Hegland (briefly; on chat only)
- ... (add your name)
As part of the Summit activities, the website team is developing the OntologySummit2013-website on the new OntologPSMW (purple-semantic-mediawiki for Ontolog community content.) The wiki engine will support fine-grained content addressability and some basic semantic constructs, including a subset of the ICOM ontology. This platform will facilitate access to, and reuse of the content that is produced throughout 2013 Ontology Summit, as well as those migrated over from previous OntologySummit's. This is a call for hackathon participation where contributors are challenged to produce new codes and constructs that can be deployed on the OntologPSMW to enhance the access to the Ontology Summit body of knowledge in general, and Ontology Summit 2013 content and its survey results in particular.
see: [ Project document ]
Co-champions of this hackathon project team are mainly members of the website team, the survey team, and the psmw-dev team:
- Ken Baclawski (Northeastern University, USA)
- Marcela Vegetti (INGAR-Development and Design Institute, Argentina)
- Ali Hashemi (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Soledad Sonzini (INGAR-Development and Design Institute, Argentina)
- Michael Denny (MITRE, USA)
- Tejas Parikh (Northeastern University, USA)
- Peter P. Yim (ONTOLOG; CIM3, USA) ... and,
(We are calling for) Hackathon contributors with the desire and passion to challenge what is possible (see details below.)
Description / Objectives / Goals
Three recent activities culminate in this hackathon project and call for contribution:
1. the migration of Ontolog Community wiki content (in particular, the entire body of knowledge from previous Ontology Summit seasons) from the Ontolog Wiki (purple wiki) to the new OntologPSMW (purple semantic mediawiki) platform. ... It should be noted that the Ontolog collaborative work environment (of which its wiki is an integral part) has always served (since the establishment of the Ontolog community 11 years ago) as the community's dynamic knowledge repository.
2. the development and (upcoming, as of this writing) deployment of the Ontology Summit 2013 Survey on "Software and tools supporting Ontology Quality and Fitness"
3. the formation of the Ontology Summit 2013 website team to deploy an Ontology Summit 2013 website on the OntologPSMW that will support:
- Organization of the Ontology 2013 Summit content in a way that encourages and facilitates access to and (re)use of the material
- Use of some subset of the ICOM vocabulary to annotate the content that is produced on the Ontology Summit 2013 Website
- Use of these annotations to provide / enable new functionality / views in terms of accessing / querying resources, events, people that are hosted on the website
- Development and deployment of constructs (e.g. forms and templates) to capture some of the material being uploaded according to said vocabulary, or to present content of the site.
This hackathon project challenges contributing participants to leverage the OntologPSMW-based Ontology Summit 2013 website platform to:
- develop codes, constructs, queries, user-interfaces, etc. that will present the Ontology Summit content in very interesting ways, ... [dependency: the basic website elements are in place and functional by time of hackathon]
- develop new codes and constructs that will help analyse and produce new insights from the survey data (i.e. help slice-and-dice our survey data), ... [dependency: enough survey data collected by time of hackathon]
- develop new codes and constructs that will, in general, further the mission of the three abovementioned projects.
New codes and constructs that can be deployed on the OntologPSMW to enhance the access to the Ontology Summit body-of-knowledge in general, and Ontology Summit 2013 content and its survey results in particular.
Call for Collaborators
We are looking for participants and contributors with the desire and passion to challenge what is possible, to join us over the hackathon weekend to hack up interesting work products that will satisfy the above deliverable goals. Desirable skills include: knowledge and experience in mashup, UI, CSS, PHP, especially on the SemanticMediaWiki applications (SMW, Semantic Forms, Semantic Bundle) or MediaWiki platform, SPARQL, RDF/OWL, LOD, LOV, ... etc.
Resource / References
-  The ONTOLOG Collaborative Work Environment (CWE) - http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki
-  "OntologPSMW Debut, Tutorial and Possibilities" - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_12_19
-  "Ontology Quality and Fitness: A Survey of Software Support" - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_02_14#nid3MFA
-  Ontology Summit 2013 Website Development - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2013_Website_Development
-  "Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM)" - ref. https://wiki.oasis-open.org/icom
-  The working OntologPSMW site for this hackathon exercise is http://ontolog-dev.cim3.net/wiki
-  MediaWiki syntax and text formatting rules - http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting
-  Semantic Forms Quick Start Guide - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Quick_start_guide