From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2008-05-12 13:23:37 By user: PeterYim)
(proceedings captured Last updated at: 2008-05-12 13:39:40 By user: PeterYim)
Line 69: Line 69:
 
** see what the OOR said - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_05_09#nid1H7W  
 
** see what the OOR said - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_05_09#nid1H7W  
 
** Steve: people still about the F2F being NOT a regular conference, but rather the culmination of 3 months' activities  
 
** Steve: people still about the F2F being NOT a regular conference, but rather the culmination of 3 months' activities  
*** corrective action - send a clarification again, as a F2F registration response  
+
*** for next year - Barry: let's send that clarification (say, in 4 bullets), as part of the F2F registration response, or something
  
 
* do a '''postmortem on the [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
* do a '''postmortem on the [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
Line 82: Line 82:
 
** Posting pictures - Peter  
 
** Posting pictures - Peter  
 
** Audio recording - Steve  
 
** Audio recording - Steve  
 +
*** Steve is sending those to Peter for postprocessing
 
** touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too  
 
** touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too  
 +
*** Peter will put all Barry's non-substantive changes onto the Communique page (and leave out the "questionable" ones, except for the one Leo responed to.) Barry will then proceed to write all the Advisors, telling them we will assume their endorsement unless they opt-out within 7 calendar days ... etc. <-- All: agreed
 
** submission of a writeup on [[OntologySummit2008]] & [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]] to the "Applied" Ontology Journal  
 
** submission of a writeup on [[OntologySummit2008]] & [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]] to the "Applied" Ontology Journal  
 +
*** Mark agreed to do it this year (after last year's article has been published)
  
 
* '''Moving forward'''  
 
* '''Moving forward'''  
Line 99: Line 102:
  
 
6. Any Other Business:  
 
6. Any Other Business:  
 +
 +
* consider having a community post-mortem
 +
** can't do it this Thursday 5/15 (as most people are unavailable)
 +
 +
* Let's continue pertinent discussion on the [ontology-summit-org] list (now that this is our last organizing committee synchrnous call.)
  
 
7. Action items:  
 
7. Action items:  
Line 106: Line 114:
 
* This should be the last of the [[OntologySummit2008]] organizing committee meetings. We take the opportunity to thank all organizing committee members for their devotion and contribution to this year's Ontology Summit, and look forward to working together again in the future, in whatever capacity, as well to Ontology Summit 2009.  
 
* This should be the last of the [[OntologySummit2008]] organizing committee meetings. We take the opportunity to thank all organizing committee members for their devotion and contribution to this year's Ontology Summit, and look forward to working together again in the future, in whatever capacity, as well to Ontology Summit 2009.  
  
* Call adjourned at: _____ pm PDT  
+
* Call adjourned at: 1:34 pm PDT  
  
 
<pre>
 
<pre>
 
--
 
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2008.05.12-_____pm PDT
+
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2008.05.12-1:39pm PDT
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
</pre>
 
</pre>

Revision as of 11:15, 18 December 2012

[ ]

Contents

OntologySummit2008: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Monday 12-May-2008     (1)

  • This is the 11th conference call of the OntologySummit2008 organizing committee. To be held Monday, May 12, 2008, start time: 12:30am PDT / 3:30pm EDT. The session is expected to be a ~1 Hour conference call.     (1A)

Attendees:     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E8)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status / Discussion / Review:     (1G7)

  • Postmortem of the entire OntologySummit2008 proceedings     (1G9)
    • Barry: great success this year - especially when so many important people were involved     (1G9A)
    • Steve: explicitly assigning champions was an improvement - we should do this again     (1G9B)
      • we did get quality input through the online discourse - the email traffic was great     (1G9B1)
    • Peter: we did not do a survey this year, but did do 4 virtual panels -- they were both good     (1G9C)
  • Outstanding:     (1G12)
    • Posting pictures - Peter     (1G12A)
    • Audio recording - Steve     (1G12B)
    • touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too     (1G12C)
      • Peter will put all Barry's non-substantive changes onto the Communique page (and leave out the "questionable" ones, except for the one Leo responed to.) Barry will then proceed to write all the Advisors, telling them we will assume their endorsement unless they opt-out within 7 calendar days ... etc. <-- All: agreed     (1G12C1)
    • submission of a writeup on OntologySummit2008 & OntologySummit2008_Communique to the "Applied" Ontology Journal     (1G12D)
      • Mark agreed to do it this year (after last year's article has been published)     (1G12D1)

5. New Issues:     (1G15)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G17)

  • Let's continue pertinent discussion on the [ontology-summit-org] list (now that this is our last organizing committee synchrnous call.)     (1G19)

7. Action items:     (1G20)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G21)

  • This should be the last of the OntologySummit2008 organizing committee meetings. We take the opportunity to thank all organizing committee members for their devotion and contribution to this year's Ontology Summit, and look forward to working together again in the future, in whatever capacity, as well to Ontology Summit 2009.     (1G22)
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2008.05.12-1:39pm PDT
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.