From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2008-05-12 12:30:12 By user: PeterYim)
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(18 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
= [[OntologySummit2008]]: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Monday 12-May-2008  =
 
= [[OntologySummit2008]]: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Monday 12-May-2008  =
  
* This is the 11th conference call of the [[OntologySummit2008]] organizing committee. To be held Monday, May 12, 2008, start time: 12:30am PDT / 3:30pm EDT. The session is expected to be a ~1 Hour conference call.  
+
* This is the 11th conference call of the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] organizing committee. To be held Monday, May 12, 2008, start time: 12:30am PDT / 3:30pm EDT. The session is expected to be a ~1 Hour conference call.  
  
 
* URL for this page: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_05_12  
 
* URL for this page: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_05_12  
Line 16: Line 16:
 
** Direct call from from Skype: +990008275823120  
 
** Direct call from from Skype: +990008275823120  
  
=== Attendees: ===
+
=== Attendees  ===
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[PeterYim]]  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 +
** [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]]
 +
** [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]]
 +
** Mark Musen
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** [[BarrySmith]]
 
** [[SteveRay]]
 
** [[MarkMusen]]
 
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** LeoObrst  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]
** [[MichelleRaymond]]  
+
** [[MichelleRaymond|Michelle Raymond]]  
  
 
=== Agenda Ideas  ===
 
=== Agenda Ideas  ===
  
* Postmortem of the entire [[OntologySummit2008]] proceedings  
+
* Postmortem of the entire [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] proceedings  
 
* do a postmortem on the summit F2F workshop,  
 
* do a postmortem on the summit F2F workshop,  
 
* talk about the communique, the (clean-up) update and possibly brainstorm on next year's process improvement, and  
 
* talk about the communique, the (clean-up) update and possibly brainstorm on next year's process improvement, and  
 
* touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too.  
 
* touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too.  
* [[MichelleRaymond]]: moving forward  
+
* [[MichelleRaymond|Michelle Raymond]]: moving forward  
* submission of a writeup on [[OntologySummit2008]] & [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]] to the "Applied" Ontology Journal  
+
* submission of a writeup on [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] & [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]] to the "Applied" Ontology Journal  
 
* any other business ... this should be the last meeting of the  
 
* any other business ... this should be the last meeting of the  
  
Line 46: Line 46:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* ______ took the chair and welcomed everyone  
+
* [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]] took the chair and welcomed everyone  
  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteered to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 60: Line 60:
 
* '''Discussions:'''  
 
* '''Discussions:'''  
  
* '''Postmortem of the entire [[OntologySummit2008]] proceedings'''  
+
* '''Postmortem of the entire [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] proceedings'''  
 +
** Barry: great success this year - especially when so many important people were involved
 +
** Steve: explicitly assigning champions was an improvement - we should do this again
 +
*** we did get quality input through the online discourse - the email traffic was great
 +
** Peter: we did not do a survey this year, but did do 4 virtual panels -- they were both good
  
 
* do a '''postmortem on the summit F2F workshop'''  
 
* do a '''postmortem on the summit F2F workshop'''  
 +
** see what the OOR said - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_05_09#nid1H7W
 +
** Steve: people still about the F2F being NOT a regular conference, but rather the culmination of 3 months' activities
 +
*** for next year - Barry: let's send that clarification (say, in 4 bullets), as part of the F2F registration response, or something
  
 
* do a '''postmortem on the [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
* do a '''postmortem on the [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** talk about the (clean-up) update of the communique and possibly brainstorm on next year's process improvement  
 
** talk about the (clean-up) update of the communique and possibly brainstorm on next year's process improvement  
 +
** Barry: we are wasting too many people's time in writing
 +
** We should keep the communique short - need to be more concise
 +
*** Steve: should we still want to boil it down to a few "high level talking point" (no more than half a page!?) - why should one care!?
 +
**** even the word "repository" might sound boring
 +
*** Peter: suggest Steve and NIST might help on that reduction, rather than calling up a community effort again
 +
 +
* Outstanding:
 +
** Posting pictures - Peter
 +
** Audio recording - Steve
 +
*** Steve is sending those to Peter for postprocessing
 
** touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too  
 
** touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too  
** submission of a writeup on [[OntologySummit2008]] & [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]] to the "Applied" Ontology Journal  
+
*** Peter will put all Barry's non-substantive changes onto the Communique page (and leave out the "questionable" ones, except for the one Leo responed to.) Barry will then proceed to write all the Advisors, telling them we will assume their endorsement unless they opt-out within 7 calendar days ... etc. <-- All: agreed
 +
** submission of a writeup on [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] & [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]] to the "Applied" Ontology Journal  
 +
*** Mark agreed to do it this year (after last year's article has been published)
  
 
* '''Moving forward'''  
 
* '''Moving forward'''  
Line 74: Line 93:
  
 
5. New Issues:  
 
5. New Issues:  
 +
 +
* Topic for next year's summit theme
 +
** Barry: devote that to "The Uses of Ontologies"
 +
*** what do users need
 +
*** training - improve the way we train ontologists, and how we can train more ontologists
 +
**** training (NCOR just finished one and will be doing something again in the Summer of 2009)
 +
**** Philosophers are actually good candidates
  
 
6. Any Other Business:  
 
6. Any Other Business:  
 +
 +
* consider having a community post-mortem
 +
** can't do it this Thursday 5/15 (as most people are unavailable)
 +
 +
* Let's continue pertinent discussion on the [ontology-summit-org] list (now that this is our last organizing committee synchrnous call.)
  
 
7. Action items:  
 
7. Action items:  
Line 81: Line 112:
 
8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:  
 
8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:  
  
* This should be the last of the [[OntologySummit2008]] organizing committee meetings. We take the opportunity to thank all organizing committee members for their devotion and contribution to this year's Ontology Summit, and look forward to working together again in the future, in whatever capacity, as well to Ontology Summit 2009.  
+
* This should be the last of the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] organizing committee meetings. We take the opportunity to thank all organizing committee members for their devotion and contribution to this year's Ontology Summit, and look forward to working together again in the future, in whatever capacity, as well to Ontology Summit 2009.  
  
* Call adjourned at: _____ pm PDT  
+
* Call adjourned at: 1:34 pm PDT  
  
<pre>
 
 
--
 
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2008.05.12-_____pm PDT
+
 
 +
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2008.05.12-1:39pm PDT
 +
 
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
</pre>
+
 
 +
[[Category:OntologySummit]]    [[Category:OntologySummit2008]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_05_12 here] for original page

Latest revision as of 04:09, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OntologySummit2008: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Monday 12-May-2008     (1)

  • This is the 11th conference call of the Ontology Summit 2008 organizing committee. To be held Monday, May 12, 2008, start time: 12:30am PDT / 3:30pm EDT. The session is expected to be a ~1 Hour conference call.     (1A)

[edit] Attendees     (1D)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1E)

... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E8)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status / Discussion / Review:     (1G7)

  • Postmortem of the entire Ontology Summit 2008 proceedings     (1G9)
    • Barry: great success this year - especially when so many important people were involved     (1G9A)
    • Steve: explicitly assigning champions was an improvement - we should do this again     (1G9B)
      • we did get quality input through the online discourse - the email traffic was great     (1G9B1)
    • Peter: we did not do a survey this year, but did do 4 virtual panels -- they were both good     (1G9C)
  • Outstanding:     (1G12)
    • Posting pictures - Peter     (1G12A)
    • Audio recording - Steve     (1G12B)
    • touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too     (1G12C)
      • Peter will put all Barry's non-substantive changes onto the Communique page (and leave out the "questionable" ones, except for the one Leo responed to.) Barry will then proceed to write all the Advisors, telling them we will assume their endorsement unless they opt-out within 7 calendar days ... etc. <-- All: agreed     (1G12C1)
    • submission of a writeup on Ontology Summit 2008 & OntologySummit2008_Communique to the "Applied" Ontology Journal     (1G12D)
      • Mark agreed to do it this year (after last year's article has been published)     (1G12D1)

5. New Issues:     (1G15)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G17)

  • Let's continue pertinent discussion on the [ontology-summit-org] list (now that this is our last organizing committee synchrnous call.)     (1G19)

7. Action items:     (1G20)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G21)

  • This should be the last of the Ontology Summit 2008 organizing committee meetings. We take the opportunity to thank all organizing committee members for their devotion and contribution to this year's Ontology Summit, and look forward to working together again in the future, in whatever capacity, as well to Ontology Summit 2009.     (1G22)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.05.12-1:39pm PDT     (1G25)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G26)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G27)