From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]LeoObrst[ ]" to " Leo Obrst ")
m (Text replace - "[ ]SteveRay[ ]" to " Steve Ray ")
Line 21: Line 21:
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** BarrySmith  
 
** BarrySmith  
** SteveRay  
+
** [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]]
 
** MarkMusen  
 
** MarkMusen  
  
Line 46: Line 46:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* SteveRay took the chair and welcomed everyone  
+
* [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]] took the chair and welcomed everyone  
  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take minutes of the meeting  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take minutes of the meeting  

Revision as of 22:39, 8 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

OntologySummit2008: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Monday 12-May-2008     (1)

  • This is the 11th conference call of the OntologySummit2008 organizing committee. To be held Monday, May 12, 2008, start time: 12:30am PDT / 3:30pm EDT. The session is expected to be a ~1 Hour conference call.     (1A)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • Postmortem of the entire OntologySummit2008 proceedings     (1E1)
  • do a postmortem on the summit F2F workshop,     (1E2)
  • talk about the communique, the (clean-up) update and possibly brainstorm on next year's process improvement, and     (1E3)
  • touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too.     (1E4)
  • MichelleRaymond: moving forward     (1E5)
  • submission of a writeup on OntologySummit2008 & OntologySummit2008_Communique to the "Applied" Ontology Journal     (1E6)
  • any other business ... this should be the last meeting of the     (1E7)
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E8)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status / Discussion / Review:     (1G7)

  • Postmortem of the entire OntologySummit2008 proceedings     (1G9)
    • Barry: great success this year - especially when so many important people were involved     (1G9A)
    • Steve: explicitly assigning champions was an improvement - we should do this again     (1G9B)
      • we did get quality input through the online discourse - the email traffic was great     (1G9B1)
    • Peter: we did not do a survey this year, but did do 4 virtual panels -- they were both good     (1G9C)
  • Outstanding:     (1G12)
    • Posting pictures - Peter     (1G12A)
    • Audio recording - Steve     (1G12B)
    • touch on the message we will be sending to the Advisors, ref. getting their endorsements (opt-out?) to the communique too     (1G12C)
      • Peter will put all Barry's non-substantive changes onto the Communique page (and leave out the "questionable" ones, except for the one Leo responed to.) Barry will then proceed to write all the Advisors, telling them we will assume their endorsement unless they opt-out within 7 calendar days ... etc. <-- All: agreed     (1G12C1)
    • submission of a writeup on OntologySummit2008 & OntologySummit2008_Communique to the "Applied" Ontology Journal     (1G12D)
      • Mark agreed to do it this year (after last year's article has been published)     (1G12D1)

5. New Issues:     (1G15)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G17)

  • Let's continue pertinent discussion on the [ontology-summit-org] list (now that this is our last organizing committee synchrnous call.)     (1G19)

7. Action items:     (1G20)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G21)

  • This should be the last of the OntologySummit2008 organizing committee meetings. We take the opportunity to thank all organizing committee members for their devotion and contribution to this year's Ontology Summit, and look forward to working together again in the future, in whatever capacity, as well to Ontology Summit 2009.     (1G22)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.05.12-1:39pm PDT     (1G25)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G26)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G27)