From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2008-03-24 13:11:14 By user: PeterYim)
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(13 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
= [[OntologySummit2008]]: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Thursday 24-Mar-2008  =
 
= [[OntologySummit2008]]: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Thursday 24-Mar-2008  =
  
* This is the 6th conference call of the [[OntologySummit2008]] organizing committee. The session is expected to be a ~1 Hour conference call.  
+
* This is the 6th conference call of the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] organizing committee. The session is expected to be a ~1 Hour conference call.  
  
 
* URL for this page: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_03_24  
 
* URL for this page: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_03_24  
Line 21: Line 21:
 
* '''RSVP''' ''to [mailto:peter.yim@cim3.com peter.yim@cim3.com] appreciated.'' (Regrets only)  
 
* '''RSVP''' ''to [mailto:peter.yim@cim3.com peter.yim@cim3.com] appreciated.'' (Regrets only)  
  
=== Attendees: ===
+
=== Attendees  ===
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[BarrySmith]]  
+
** [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]]  
** [[PeterYim]]  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
** [[MarkMusen]]  
+
** Mark Musen
** LeoObrst
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]  
 +
** [[MichelleRaymond|Michelle Raymond]]
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** [[SteveRay]]
+
** [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]]  
** [[MichelleRaymond]]  
+
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
Line 50: Line 50:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* [[MarkMusen]] took the chair and welcomed everyone  
+
* Mark Musen took the chair and welcomed everyone  
  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteered to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 65: Line 65:
  
 
* '''Outstanding Issue Update: (from last call)'''  
 
* '''Outstanding Issue Update: (from last call)'''  
** submit last year's communique to Applied Ontologies Journal [attn: Steve] - Steve contacted [[MichaelGruninger]] who will be working on it  
+
** submit last year's communique to Applied Ontologies Journal [attn: Steve] - Steve contacted [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] who will be working on it  
 
*** question for Mark: when is the next AOJ issue out; do you have a deadline for the submission (to make it into the next issue)?  
 
*** question for Mark: when is the next AOJ issue out; do you have a deadline for the submission (to make it into the next issue)?  
 
*** Steve will continue to communicate with Michael to get this out ASAP.  
 
*** Steve will continue to communicate with Michael to get this out ASAP.  
Line 102: Line 102:
 
** OOR team may need to meet about funding (which would be totally independent of the summit agenda)  
 
** OOR team may need to meet about funding (which would be totally independent of the summit agenda)  
 
** informal gathering on Monday evening?  
 
** informal gathering on Monday evening?  
 +
** Mark: how would time be spent at the F2F on each of the topics
 +
*** Michelle: (a) report on what has transpired, (b) possibly invited presentations from key player(s), (c) open discussion (which would be 50% of the total time alloted; or at least 30~45 min.)
 +
** Mark to Steve: can we start at 8:00am
  
 
* preparation status for the 3 upcoming panel sessions - 3/27, 4/3 & 4/10  
 
* preparation status for the 3 upcoming panel sessions - 3/27, 4/3 & 4/10  
 
** Two sessions planned for "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements" - 3/27 & 4/3  
 
** Two sessions planned for "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements" - 3/27 & 4/3  
 
*** Title: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements"  
 
*** Title: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements"  
*** co-chairs: 3/27 - LeoObrst & [[FabianNeuhaus]] ; 4/3: LeoObrst & [[FabianNeuhaus]]  
+
*** co-chairs: 3/27 - [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]] ; 4/3: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]  
 
*** panelists:  ontology developers and stewards (i.e. early-adopter content-provider) telling us their requirements & expectations  
 
*** panelists:  ontology developers and stewards (i.e. early-adopter content-provider) telling us their requirements & expectations  
**** those on 3/27: see [[ConferenceCall_2008_03_27]]
+
**** those on 3/27: see ConferenceCall_2008_03_27  
**** those on 4/3 : see [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_03]]
+
**** those on 4/3 : see ConferenceCall_2008_04_03  
 
*** the plan: see - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/JointPanelSession_Strawman#nid1BFW  
 
*** the plan: see - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/JointPanelSession_Strawman#nid1BFW  
 
** One session planned for "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies" - 4/10  
 
** One session planned for "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies" - 4/10  
 
*** Title: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies"  
 
*** Title: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies"  
*** co-chairs: [[BarrySmith]] and [[MichaelGruninger]]  
+
*** co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] and [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
*** panelists & details:  see [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_10]]
+
*** panelists & details:  see ConferenceCall_2008_04_10  
 
*** the plan: see - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/JointPanelSession_Strawman#nid1BGD  
 
*** the plan: see - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/JointPanelSession_Strawman#nid1BGD  
 
** Peter to work with the session chairs to develop the event and keep this committee posted  
 
** Peter to work with the session chairs to develop the event and keep this committee posted  
Line 123: Line 126:
  
 
* the [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]  
 
* the [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]  
** LeoObrst and [[MarkMusen]] were elected as our co-editors for the Communique and we'll look to them to get an outline and a draft out some time soon  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] and Mark Musen were elected as our co-editors for the Communique and we'll look to them to get an outline and a draft out some time soon  
** please do draft work at: [[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]/Draft  
+
** please do draft work at: [[OntologySummit2008_Communique/Draft]]
 +
** develop a narrative how these all connect:
 +
*** what is the state-of-the-art in ontology repositories
 +
*** where are ontologies and where are mappings of ontologies
 +
*** what the gateway folks can come up with (entry requirement) -- criteria, validation, certification, ...
 +
*** methodology
 +
*** requirements from content providers
 +
*** to make it serious, we need to develop an ontology of ontologies
 +
*** OOR roadmap to realization
 +
** Barry: Mark & Leo should communicate what they expect from the content champions (Mark: we'll email)
  
 
5. New Issues:  
 
5. New Issues:  
Line 137: Line 149:
 
** see details (closer to the time) at: [[OntologySummit2008/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_03_24/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_03_31]]  
 
** see details (closer to the time) at: [[OntologySummit2008/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_03_24/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_03_31]]  
  
* Call adjourned at: _____ pm PDT  
+
* Call adjourned at: 1:35 pm PDT  
  
<pre>
 
 
--
 
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2008.03.24-_____pm PDT
+
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
+
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2008.03.24-1:35 pm PDT
</pre>
+
 
 +
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:OntologySummit]]    [[Category:OntologySummit2008]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/OrganizingCommitteeMeeting_2008_03_24 here] for original page

Latest revision as of 04:08, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OntologySummit2008: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Thursday 24-Mar-2008     (1)

[edit] Attendees     (1D)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • review status of "Advisory Committee" nominations and invitations     (1E1)
  • status review and action plans for the online discourse     (1E2)
  • status review on the F2F-workshop planning and preparation - review agenda     (1E3)
  • preparation status for the 3 upcoming panel sessions - 3/27, 4/3 & 4/10     (1E4)
  • status review on how we are getting the word out     (1E5)
  • draft communique preparation status     (1E6)
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E7)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

  • note that we have a hard stop at 1:30pm PDT / 4:30pm EDT as the Content Committee will be having their weekly call then. Which mean we have to finish this call in 1 hour or less.     (1G5)

2. Roll Call:     (1G6)

3. Status / Discussion of developing issues:     (1G8)

  • Outstanding Issue Update: (from last call)     (1G9)
    • submit last year's communique to Applied Ontologies Journal [attn: Steve] - Steve contacted Michael Grüninger who will be working on it     (1G9A)
      • question for Mark: when is the next AOJ issue out; do you have a deadline for the submission (to make it into the next issue)?     (1G9A1)
      • Steve will continue to communicate with Michael to get this out ASAP.     (1G9A2)
      • Michael mentioned that he is planning to have it ready by end of last week. (--ppy: from a conversation during the content committee meeting.)     (1G9A3)
  • status review online discourse     (1G12)
    • Content Committee will start doing weekly calls starting today, on Mondays, right after this organizing committee call     (1G12A)
    • it's moving along fine now     (1G12B)
  • status review on how we are getting the word out     (1G15)
    • Steve: will get the NIST public affairs office to continue to help us with getting the word out     (1G15A)

5. New Issues:     (1G17)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G18)

7. Action items:     (1G19)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G20)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.03.24-1:35 pm PDT     (1G24)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G25)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G26)