From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]ToddSchneider[ ]" to " Todd Schneider ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
= [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: Project Team Member (regular planning & admin) Conference Call - Tue 2014_07_15  =
 
= [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: Project Team Member (regular planning & admin) Conference Call - Tue 2014_07_15  =
  
''This is a regular OOR Team meeting.  We will pick up from where we left off before OntologySummit2014 (i.e. [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_12_03 our last monthly OOR team planning & admin call on 2013_12_03] and the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_12_10 OOR Development Workshop on 2013_12_10] that followed).''  
+
''This is a regular OOR Team meeting.  We will pick up from where we left off before [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] (i.e. [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_12_03 our last monthly OOR team planning & admin call on 2013_12_03] and the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_12_10 OOR Development Workshop on 2013_12_10] that followed).''  
  
 
* Topic: '''[[OOR]] Moving Forward'''  
 
* Topic: '''[[OOR]] Moving Forward'''  
Line 55: Line 55:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** MikeDean (co-chair)  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (co-chair)  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (co-chair)  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (co-chair)  
** LeoObrst  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]
 
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
 
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
** TillMossakowski  
+
** [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]
** DaliaVaranka  
+
** [[DaliaVaranka|Dalia Varanka]]
** NancyWiegand  
+
** [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]]
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
 
** [[GaryBergCross]] (maybe?)  
 
** [[GaryBergCross]] (maybe?)  
** AdamPease  
+
** [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]]
 
** ...  
 
** ...  
 
** ''(please add yourself to the list above if you are a member of the community, or, rsvp to <peter.yim@cim3.com> with the event title/date and your name and affiliation)''  
 
** ''(please add yourself to the list above if you are a member of the community, or, rsvp to <peter.yim@cim3.com> with the event title/date and your name and affiliation)''  
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** MikeBennett  
+
** [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]]
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
 
** ...  
 
** ...  
Line 94: Line 94:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* MikeDean & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] took the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] took the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] also volunteered to collate the notes, but urged everyone to capture their thoughts and document them on the chat board, as usual.  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] also volunteered to collate the notes, but urged everyone to capture their thoughts and document them on the chat board, as usual.  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 145: Line 145:
  
 
* adding:  
 
* adding:  
** SOCoP-OOR (taken offline since 2014.03.25 - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/2014-03/msg00000.html ) - to be re-directed to OntoHub [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2014_07_15#nid4ECO as discussed] today  
+
** SOCoP-OOR (taken offline since 2014.03.25 - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/2014-03/msg00000.html ) - to be re-directed to [[OntoHub]] [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2014_07_15#nid4ECO as discussed] today  
 
** SIGMA (SUMO, MILO, ...) - still on CIM3.NET now, but will likely be migrated to AWS by mid-August 2014  
 
** SIGMA (SUMO, MILO, ...) - still on CIM3.NET now, but will likely be migrated to AWS by mid-August 2014  
** ESIP-Portal? - let's pursue having them join the OOR repository network [... PeterFox, NancyWiegand, LinePouchard, NancyWiegand, [[GaryBergCross]]]  
+
** ESIP-Portal? - let's pursue having them join the OOR repository network [... PeterFox, [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]], [[LinePouchard|Line Pouchard]], [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]], [[GaryBergCross]]]  
 
* removing:  
 
* removing:  
 
** ORNL-DAAC ... being removed because this is no longer "open" (or openly accessible)  
 
** ORNL-DAAC ... being removed because this is no longer "open" (or openly accessible)  
Line 157: Line 157:
  
 
* Events planned/scheduled so far ...  
 
* Events planned/scheduled so far ...  
** ''pending:'' an Ontohub API session by TillMossakowski and Tim Reddehase - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/2014-06/msg00000.html#nid04 ... now scheduled for Tue 2014.07.22 (i.e. next week)  
+
** ''pending:'' an Ontohub API session by [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] and Tim Reddehase - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/2014-06/msg00000.html#nid04 ... now scheduled for Tue 2014.07.22 (i.e. next week)  
 
** we need another meeting to consolidate the discussion and decision on the IAOA-OOR working relationship  ... now scheduled for Tue 2014.07.29  
 
** we need another meeting to consolidate the discussion and decision on the IAOA-OOR working relationship  ... now scheduled for Tue 2014.07.29  
 
** ... ''(deferred discussion of the following items)''  
 
** ... ''(deferred discussion of the following items)''  
Line 172: Line 172:
 
* OOR-sandbox status  
 
* OOR-sandbox status  
 
* code repository status  
 
* code repository status  
* NCBO - BioPortal updates  
+
* NCBO - [[BioPortal]] updates  
 
* NEU - Gatekeeper, ...  
 
* NEU - Gatekeeper, ...  
 
* Raytheon-BBN - federation, ...  
 
* Raytheon-BBN - federation, ...  
 
* UToronto - COLORE  
 
* UToronto - COLORE  
** Ryerson (see above: BartGajderowicz has joined MichaelGruninger's team at U of Toronto soon)  
+
** Ryerson (see above: [[BartGajderowicz|Bart Gajderowicz]] has joined MichaelGruninger's team at U of Toronto soon)  
 
* Bremen - Ontohub  
 
* Bremen - Ontohub  
 
* Mathet  
 
* Mathet  
 
* [[SOCoP_INTEROP]] - SOCoP-OOR  
 
* [[SOCoP_INTEROP]] - SOCoP-OOR  
 
* [[DataONE]]  
 
* [[DataONE]]  
* NeOn (KMi and STL)  
+
* [[NeOn]] (KMi and STL)  
 
* ONKI  
 
* ONKI  
 
* KBSI  
 
* KBSI  
Line 202: Line 202:
 
* Focused discussion on the tactics and action plans that will help put the recently refined OOR Strategy in place  
 
* Focused discussion on the tactics and action plans that will help put the recently refined OOR Strategy in place  
 
** explore how we might possibly leverage  
 
** explore how we might possibly leverage  
*** (i) OntologySummit2014  
+
*** (i) [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]]
 
*** (ii) the [[OntologyBasedStandards]] initiative, and  
 
*** (ii) the [[OntologyBasedStandards]] initiative, and  
 
*** (iii) IAOA,  
 
*** (iii) IAOA,  
Line 260: Line 260:
 
------  
 
------  
  
[6:59] PeterYim: Welcome to the  
+
[6:59] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Welcome to the  
  
 
''' [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: Project Team Member Conference Call - Tue 2014_07_15 '''  
 
''' [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: Project Team Member Conference Call - Tue 2014_07_15 '''  
Line 266: Line 266:
 
* Topic: OOR Moving Forward  
 
* Topic: OOR Moving Forward  
  
* Session Co-chairs: MikeDean & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
+
* Session Co-chairs: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
  
 
AGENDA  
 
AGENDA  
Line 286: Line 286:
 
ATTENDEES
 
ATTENDEES
  
* Attended: MikeDean (co-chair), [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (co-chair), DaliaVaranka, LeoObrst, MichaelGruninger, NancyWiegand, TillMossakowski, ToddSchneider
+
* Attended: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (co-chair), [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (co-chair), [[DaliaVaranka|Dalia Varanka]], [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]
  
* Regrets: MikeBennett, KenBaclawski, [[GaryBergCross]], AdamPease  
+
* Regrets: [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[GaryBergCross]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]]
  
 
''' Proceedings '''  
 
''' Proceedings '''  
  
[7:06] PeterYim: == MikeDean and [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] starts the meeting ...  
+
[7:06] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: == [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] and [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] starts the meeting ...  
  
[7:06] PeterYim: we will try to finish the meeting in an hour if we can (since both Michael and Leo need to leave in an hour)  
+
[7:06] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: we will try to finish the meeting in an hour if we can (since both Michael and Leo need to leave in an hour)  
  
[7:06] List of members: LeoObrst, MichaelGruninger, MikeDean, PeterYim, TillMossakowski, [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
+
[7:06] List of members: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
  
[7:08] PeterYim: === Brainstorm: Future of the OOR Project  
+
[7:08] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: === Brainstorm: Future of the OOR Project  
  
[7:08] PeterYim: ==== exploring a closer-coupled working relationship between IAOA and OOR  
+
[7:08] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: ==== exploring a closer-coupled working relationship between IAOA and OOR  
  
[7:09] ToddSchneider: Is IAOA interested in running an ontology repository?  
+
[7:09] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Is IAOA interested in running an ontology repository?  
  
[7:11] MichaelGruninger: The (currently empty) page for the IAOA Ontology Registries and  Repositories  
+
[7:11] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: The (currently empty) page for the IAOA Ontology Registries and  Repositories  
  
 
Technical Committee is http://www.iaoa.org/iaoaTC/TCrepositories/TCrepositories.php  
 
Technical Committee is http://www.iaoa.org/iaoaTC/TCrepositories/TCrepositories.php  
  
[7:13] MichaelGruninger: Technical Committees (TCs) and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) in IAOA differ only  
+
[7:13] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: Technical Committees (TCs) and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) in IAOA differ only  
  
 
in scope (where the latter has a broader scope)  
 
in scope (where the latter has a broader scope)  
  
[7:15] PeterYim: if OOR gets "absorbed into" the IAOA Ontology Repository TC, would OOR team members need  
+
[7:15] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: if OOR gets "absorbed into" the IAOA Ontology Repository TC, would OOR team members need  
  
 
to be IAOA members?  
 
to be IAOA members?  
  
[7:17] LeoObrst: IAOA has an exception in the IAOA-SWAO-SIG, in that SIG members do not necessarily have  
+
[7:17] [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]: IAOA has an exception in the IAOA-SWAO-SIG, in that SIG members do not necessarily have  
  
 
to be IAOA members for participation contribution (but will need to become an IAOA member for voting rights  
 
to be IAOA members for participation contribution (but will need to become an IAOA member for voting rights  
Line 322: Line 322:
 
and IAOA membership benefits)  
 
and IAOA membership benefits)  
  
[7:17] ToddSchneider: Would the IAOA Ontology Registries and  Repositories Technical Committee absorb all  
+
[7:17] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Would the IAOA Ontology Registries and  Repositories Technical Committee absorb all  
  
 
of the past work of OOR?  
 
of the past work of OOR?  
  
[7:19] MichaelGruninger: The IAOA TC was intended to be a support forum for people to find access to any of  
+
[7:19] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: The IAOA TC was intended to be a support forum for people to find access to any of  
  
 
the ontology repositories that exist. Ideally, IAOA would like to coordinate the activities of ontology repositories  
 
the ontology repositories that exist. Ideally, IAOA would like to coordinate the activities of ontology repositories  
  
[7:20] MikeDean: Umbrella and infrastructure are attractive, but OOR seems much more mature organizationally.   
+
[7:20] [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]: Umbrella and infrastructure are attractive, but OOR seems much more mature organizationally.   
  
 
OOR also has an established brand.  
 
OOR also has an established brand.  
  
[7:20] LeoObrst: there is no charter yet for that TC  
+
[7:20] [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]: there is no charter yet for that TC  
  
[7:22] ToddSchneider: But if IAOA's 'mission' is to promote the use of ontology, should it not provide a  
+
[7:22] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: But if IAOA's 'mission' is to promote the use of ontology, should it not provide a  
  
 
source of ontologies?  
 
source of ontologies?  
  
[7:24] MikeDean: OOR focused on software environment as well as content.  
+
[7:24] [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]: OOR focused on software environment as well as content.  
  
[7:26] LeoObrst:  OOR could become a project under that TC  
+
[7:26] [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]:  OOR could become a project under that TC  
  
[7:31] ToddSchneider: To Support "... the development of collaborations between research and industry"  
+
[7:31] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: To Support "... the development of collaborations between research and industry"  
  
 
shouldn't IAOA be providing a test bed or an evolving reference implementation?  
 
shouldn't IAOA be providing a test bed or an evolving reference implementation?  
  
[7:33] ToddSchneider: There are 'standards' and then there are defacto standards. I wouldn't think it outside  
+
[7:33] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: There are 'standards' and then there are defacto standards. I wouldn't think it outside  
  
 
the scope of IAOA to support the latter.  
 
the scope of IAOA to support the latter.  
  
[7:35] ToddSchneider: Can't IAOA afford commercial web hosting?  
+
[7:35] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Can't IAOA afford commercial web hosting?  
  
[7:37] MichaelGruninger: @ToddSchneider[7:35] There are many hosting options possible, and we are still  
+
[7:37] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: @ToddSchneider[7:35] There are many hosting options possible, and we are still  
  
 
sorting out the new configuration  
 
sorting out the new configuration  
  
[7:36] LeoObrst:  OOR could also remain under new Ontolog  
+
[7:36] [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]:  OOR could also remain under new Ontolog  
  
[7:37] MikeDean: . as platform host  
+
[7:37] [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]: . as platform host  
  
[7:39] ToddSchneider: Who would take over all of the OOR artifacts?  
+
[7:39] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Who would take over all of the OOR artifacts?  
  
[7:44] ToddSchneider: What are the organizational options under IAOA?  
+
[7:44] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: What are the organizational options under IAOA?  
  
[7:47] MichaelGruninger: @ToddSchneider: What do you mean by "organizational options"?  
+
[7:47] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: @ToddSchneider: What do you mean by "organizational options"?  
  
[7:48] LeoObrst:  potentially some OOR funding from IAOA  
+
[7:48] [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]:  potentially some OOR funding from IAOA  
  
[7:50] PeterYim: "IAOA-TC" and "OOR Initiative" relationship possibilities: "identity," "subsumption," "affiliation," "hosting," ...  
+
[7:50] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: "IAOA-TC" and "OOR Initiative" relationship possibilities: "identity," "subsumption," "affiliation," "hosting," ...  
  
[7:51] PeterYim: ref. OOR's repository network members: http://oor.net/index1.html  
+
[7:51] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: ref. OOR's repository network members: http://oor.net/index1.html  
  
[7:54] TillMossakowski: Socop will be hosted by Ontohub, see https://ontohub.org/socop  
+
[7:54] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: Socop will be hosted by Ontohub, see https://ontohub.org/socop  
  
[7:54] MikeDean: [action-PeterYim] Peter to redirect socop.oor.net to OntoHub SOCoP repository, which will  
+
[7:54] [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]: [action-PeterYim] Peter to redirect socop.oor.net to [[OntoHub]] SOCoP repository, which will  
  
 
now become primary  
 
now become primary  
  
[7:54] TillMossakowski: Peter will change the URL redirection  
+
[7:54] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: Peter will change the URL redirection  
  
[8:00] MikeDean: Peter willing to allow us to continue to use oor.net indefinitely  
+
[8:00] [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]: Peter willing to allow us to continue to use oor.net indefinitely  
  
[8:01] ToddSchneider: Peter, what about the OOR wiki page and all the meeting artifacts?  
+
[8:01] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: Peter, what about the OOR wiki page and all the meeting artifacts?  
  
[8:01] PeterYim: exisiting OntologWiki (now at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki ) will become a "read only" archive,  
+
[8:01] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: exisiting [[OntologWiki|Ontolog Wiki]] (now at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki ) will become a "read only" archive,  
  
 
all content will migrate to the [[OntologPSMW]] (now at: http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki ) ... KenBaclawski-NEU  
 
all content will migrate to the [[OntologPSMW]] (now at: http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki ) ... KenBaclawski-NEU  
Line 394: Line 394:
 
work could probably continue there  
 
work could probably continue there  
  
[8:01] MikeDean: If email lists change, they should probably become XXX@oor.net, redirecting to whatever  
+
[8:01] [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]: If email lists change, they should probably become XXX@oor.net, redirecting to whatever  
  
 
infrastructure is used.  
 
infrastructure is used.  
  
[8:01] PeterYim: ^subject to permission by the new hosting party, presumably  
+
[8:01] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: ^subject to permission by the new hosting party, presumably  
  
[8:03] PeterYim: ref. various lists in question: http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/admin/  
+
[8:03] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: ref. various lists in question: http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/admin/  
  
[8:09] PeterYim: [action-PeterYim-TillMossakowski] will move the following lists: [oor-forum], [oor-dev] and  
+
[8:09] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: [action-PeterYim-TillMossakowski] will move the following lists: [oor-forum], [oor-dev] and  
  
 
[oor-users] from cim3.net to uni-magdeburg.de (along with the 18 IAOA lists)  
 
[oor-users] from cim3.net to uni-magdeburg.de (along with the 18 IAOA lists)  
  
[8:20] PeterYim: NancyWiegand and DaliaVaranka are also in the meeting (have logged in a while back already; Nancy since ~7:30)  
+
[8:20] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]] and [[DaliaVaranka|Dalia Varanka]] are also in the meeting (have logged in a while back already; Nancy since ~7:30)  
  
[8:11] PeterYim: === 3.3 Taking inventory of Ontology Repository instances that are in the OOR network  
+
[8:11] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: === 3.3 Taking inventory of Ontology Repository instances that are in the OOR network  
  
 
- http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2014_07_15#nid4E4W  
 
- http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2014_07_15#nid4E4W  
Line 420: Line 420:
 
* SIGMA (SUMO, MILO, ...) - still on CIM3.NET now, but will likely be migrated to AWS by mid-August 2014
 
* SIGMA (SUMO, MILO, ...) - still on CIM3.NET now, but will likely be migrated to AWS by mid-August 2014
  
* ESIP-Portal? - let's pursue having them join the OOR repository network [... PeterFox, NancyWiegand, LinePouchard, NancyWiegand, [[GaryBergCross]]]  
+
* ESIP-Portal? - let's pursue having them join the OOR repository network [... PeterFox, [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]], [[LinePouchard|Line Pouchard]], [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]], [[GaryBergCross]]]  
  
 
removing:    (4E51)
 
removing:    (4E51)
Line 432: Line 432:
 
* OOR-sandbox ... Peter: will be taken offline in August, unless someone takes over the hosting of this [KenBaclawski?]  
 
* OOR-sandbox ... Peter: will be taken offline in August, unless someone takes over the hosting of this [KenBaclawski?]  
  
[8:15] TillMossakowski: sorry, I have to go  
+
[8:15] [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]]: sorry, I have to go  
  
[8:18] PeterYim: [action-NancyWiegand] will work with PeterFox (or LinePouchard & PeterFox) to try to get the  
+
[8:18] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: [action-NancyWiegand] will work with PeterFox (or [[LinePouchard|Line Pouchard]] & PeterFox) to try to get the  
  
 
ESIP-Portal as part the federated OOR repository nodes (instances) - as in http://oor.net/index1.html  
 
ESIP-Portal as part the federated OOR repository nodes (instances) - as in http://oor.net/index1.html  
Line 442: Line 442:
 
addressed as <esip.oor.net> (or something similar)  
 
addressed as <esip.oor.net> (or something similar)  
  
[8:20] MichaelGruninger: (was away for about 15 minutes) ok i'm back ...  
+
[8:20] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: (was away for about 15 minutes) ok i'm back ...  
  
[8:25] PeterYim: [action-MichaelGruninger] will draft something tangible regarding the IAOA-OOR working  
+
[8:25] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: [action-MichaelGruninger] will draft something tangible regarding the IAOA-OOR working  
  
 
relationship for review, discussion and decision at the next admin and planning meeting (7/29?).  
 
relationship for review, discussion and decision at the next admin and planning meeting (7/29?).  
  
[8:25] ToddSchneider: we need [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to be at that meeting too.  
+
[8:25] [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]: we need [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to be at that meeting too.  
  
[8:27] PeterYim: next meeting: Tue 2014.07.22 (same time) - chair: TillMossakowski - topic: "Ontohub API"Tue 2014.07.22 (same time) - chair: TillMossakowski - topic: "Ontohub API" to be presented by TimReddehase (from the OntoHub team)  
+
[8:27] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: next meeting: Tue 2014.07.22 (same time) - chair: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - topic: "Ontohub API"Tue 2014.07.22 (same time) - chair: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - topic: "Ontohub API" to be presented by [[TimReddehase|Tim Reddehase]] (from the [[OntoHub]] team)  
  
[8:27] MichaelGruninger: I will potentially co-chair the July 29 session with Ken. The intended outcome of  
+
[8:27] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]: I will potentially co-chair the July 29 session with Ken. The intended outcome of  
  
 
this meeting will be an explicit statement of the relationships between OOR and IAOA  
 
this meeting will be an explicit statement of the relationships between OOR and IAOA  
  
[8:28] PeterYim: -- session ended: 8:28am PDT --  
+
[8:28] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: -- session ended: 8:28am PDT --  
  
 
-- end in-session chat-transcript --  
 
-- end in-session chat-transcript --  
Line 471: Line 471:
  
 
* Next Meetings:  
 
* Next Meetings:  
** next meeting: Tue 2014.07.22 (same time) - chair: TillMossakowski - topic: "Ontohub API" to be presented by TimReddehase  
+
** next meeting: Tue 2014.07.22 (same time) - chair: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - topic: "Ontohub API" to be presented by [[TimReddehase|Tim Reddehase]]
 
** the next OOR team admin and planning meeting will be on Tue 2014.07.29 - co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - key agenda: to come up with an explicit statement of the relationships between OOR and IAOA  
 
** the next OOR team admin and planning meeting will be on Tue 2014.07.29 - co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - key agenda: to come up with an explicit statement of the relationships between OOR and IAOA  
 
** ... please mark your calendars and make sure you can come!  
 
** ... please mark your calendars and make sure you can come!  
Line 500: Line 500:
  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28  
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28  
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27  
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27  
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03  
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03  
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy & ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10  
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy & [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10  
  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen, LiDing, BruceBargmeyer & BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22  
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22  
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: ToddSchneider; Panelists: MarkMusen, NatashaNoy, MikeDean, PaulBuitelaar / AndreasHarth, MathieuDaquin, KenBaclawski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19  
+
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]; Panelists: Mark Musen, Natasha Noy, [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[PaulBuitelaar|Paul Buitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth|Andreas Harth]], [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19  
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16  
+
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache|Tania Tudorache]], [[TimRedmond|Tim Redmond]], Natasha Noy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16  
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30  
+
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: Natasha Noy - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]], [[PaulAlexander|Paul Alexander]], [[JohnGraybeal|John Graybeal]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30  
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: MikeDean - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19]]  
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], Natasha Noy - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19]]  
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01  
+
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MatthewHettinger|Matthew Hettinger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez|M&aacute;ximo Gurm&eacute;ndez]] - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01  
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10  
+
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]] - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10  
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MikeDean, NatashaNoy, ImmanuelNormann, KenBaclawski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
+
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Natasha Noy, [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]  
 
** 2013_09_17 - Tuesday: OOR: Developing a Common UI Across Disparate OOR Instances - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - with opening brief from [[DanielCoutoVale]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_17]]  
 
** 2013_09_17 - Tuesday: OOR: Developing a Common UI Across Disparate OOR Instances - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - with opening brief from [[DanielCoutoVale]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_17]]  
  
 
*   
 
*   
 
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15]]  
 
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15]]  
** 2011_09_13 - Tuesday: Joint NCBO-OOR Team Meeting - "Kicking-off the Next Phase of Collaboration" - Co-chairs: RayFergerson & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_09_13]]  
+
** 2011_09_13 - Tuesday: Joint NCBO-OOR Team Meeting - "Kicking-off the Next Phase of Collaboration" - Co-chairs: [[RayFergerson|Ray Fergerson]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_09_13]]  
** 2011_11_29 - Tuesday: Joint NCBO-OOR Session - "OOR Architecture & API Workshop-IX: BioPortal & OOR Synergies" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Discussant: RayFergerson - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_29]]  
+
** 2011_11_29 - Tuesday: Joint NCBO-OOR Session - "OOR Architecture & API Workshop-IX: [[BioPortal]] & OOR Synergies" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Discussant: [[RayFergerson|Ray Fergerson]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_29]]  
** 2012_03_27 - Tuesday: OOR presentation: "Ontohub: an OOR-compliant Repository for Distributed Ontologies" - Chair: TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_27]]  
+
** 2012_03_27 - Tuesday: OOR presentation: "Ontohub: an OOR-compliant Repository for Distributed Ontologies" - Chair: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_27]]  
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Architecture & API Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Architecture & API Workshops:'''  
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, EricChan - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]  
+
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]  
 
** 2011_03_04 - Friday: OOR "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-I" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_04]]  
 
** 2011_03_04 - Friday: OOR "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-I" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_04]]  
 
** 2011_03_11 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_11]]  
 
** 2011_03_11 - Friday: OOR - "Architecture & API Specification Development Workshop-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_03_11]]  
Line 538: Line 538:
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Code Development Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Code Development Workshops:'''  
** 2011_11_08 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-V" Workshop - Chair: MikeDean - "Getting OOR Development going, on Eclipse?" - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_08]]  
+
** 2011_11_08 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-V" Workshop - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - "Getting OOR Development going, on Eclipse?" - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_08]]  
** 2011_11_22 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VI" Workshop - Chair: MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_22]]  
+
** 2011_11_22 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VI" Workshop - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_11_22]]  
 
** 2012_02_28 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VII" Workshop - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_02_28]]  
 
** 2012_02_28 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VII" Workshop - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_02_28]]  
** 2012_05_22 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VIII" Workshop - Chair: MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_22]]  
+
** 2012_05_22 - Tuesday: "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-VIII" Workshop - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_22]]  
** 2013_10_08 - Tuesday: Code Development Session (n.09) "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - co-chairs:  TillMossakowski & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08]]  
+
** 2013_10_08 - Tuesday: Code Development Session (n.09) "Meta-Ontology for Ontology Categories" - co-chairs:  [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_10_08]]  
** 2013_12_10 - Tuesday: Code Development Session (n.10) "Ontohub at OOR: Should the OOR code be based on Ontohub?" - Co-chairs: TillMossakowski & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_12_10]]  
+
** 2013_12_10 - Tuesday: Code Development Session (n.10) "Ontohub at OOR: Should the OOR code be based on Ontohub?" - Co-chairs: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_12_10]]  
  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Hackathon Sessions:'''  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Hackathon Sessions:'''  
** 2013_06_25 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-I: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-1" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: TillMossakowski & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_25]]  
+
** 2013_06_25 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-I: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-1" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_25]]  
** 2013_07_16 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-II: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-2" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_16]]  
+
** 2013_07_16 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-II: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-2" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_16]]  
** 2013_07_30 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-III: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-3" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_30]]  
+
** 2013_07_30 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-III: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-3" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_30]]  
** 2013_09_10 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-IV: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-4" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_10]]  
+
** 2013_09_10 - Tuesday: OOR Hackathon-IV: The "OOR-Ontohub-Gatekeeper API-4" Hackathon Session - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_09_10]]  
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Metadata Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Metadata Workshops:'''  
Line 559: Line 559:
 
** 2012_03_06 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VI - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_06]]  
 
** 2012_03_06 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VI - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_03_06]]  
 
** 2012_04_24 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VII - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_04_24]]  
 
** 2012_04_24 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VII - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_04_24]]  
** 2013_07_02 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VIII - Co-chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & MikeBennett - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_02]]  
+
** 2013_07_02 - Tuesday: OOR Metadata Workshop-VIII - Co-chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_07_02]]  
  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Infrastructure workshops:'''  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Infrastructure workshops:'''  
 
** 2011_12_13 - Tuesday: OOR Infrastructure Workshop - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_12_13]]  
 
** 2011_12_13 - Tuesday: OOR Infrastructure Workshop - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_12_13]]  
** 2013_11_12 - OOR Infrastructure: "SOCoP-OOR and related issues" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski, MikeDean & TillMossakowski - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_11_12]]  
+
** 2013_11_12 - OOR Infrastructure: "SOCoP-OOR and related issues" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] & [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_11_12]]  
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Content Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] Content Workshops:'''  
** 2010_03_12 - Friday: OOR Content Workshop-I - Co-chairs: PatCassidy & DeniseBedford - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_03_12]]  
+
** 2010_03_12 - Friday: OOR Content Workshop-I - Co-chairs: [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]] & [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_03_12]]  
** 2012_05_22 - Tuesday: OOR Content Workshop-II - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_29]]  
+
** 2012_05_22 - Tuesday: OOR Content Workshop-II - Chair: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_05_29]]  
  
 
* '''[[OOR]] for Big Data Workshops:'''  
 
* '''[[OOR]] for Big Data Workshops:'''  
** 2012_08_14 - Tuesday: OOR for Big Data-I: Brainstorm Session - Chair: MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_08_14]]  
+
** 2012_08_14 - Tuesday: OOR for Big Data-I: Brainstorm Session - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_08_14]]  
  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Funding workshops:'''  
 
* the '''[[OOR]] Funding workshops:'''  
Line 578: Line 578:
 
** 2012_11_06 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy (& Funding): "OOR Straetegy: a mini- Strategic Planning" Brainstorm Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_11_06]]  
 
** 2012_11_06 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy (& Funding): "OOR Straetegy: a mini- Strategic Planning" Brainstorm Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_11_06]]  
 
** 2012_11_20 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy (& Funding): "OOR Straetegy: Tactics and Action Planning" Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_11_20]]  
 
** 2012_11_20 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy (& Funding): "OOR Straetegy: Tactics and Action Planning" Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2012_11_20]]  
** 2013_05_28 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy & Tactics: "Revisiting OOR Straetegy and Tactics - I" Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & MikeDean - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_05_28]]  
+
** 2013_05_28 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy & Tactics: "Revisiting OOR Straetegy and Tactics - I" Session - Co-chairs: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_05_28]]  
 
** 2013_06_18 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy & Tactics: "Revisiting OOR Straetegy and Tactics - II" Session - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_18]]  
 
** 2013_06_18 - Tuesday: OOR Strategy & Tactics: "Revisiting OOR Straetegy and Tactics - II" Session - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2013_06_18]]  
  
 
* the '''Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series''':  
 
* the '''Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series''':  
** 2011_10_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-1: Introducing the ISO NP 17347 "Ontology Integration and Interoperability ([[OntoIOp]])" Standardization Effort - Co-chairs: JohnBateman & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - ConferenceCall_2011_10_20  
+
** 2011_10_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-1: Introducing the ISO NP 17347 "Ontology Integration and Interoperability ([[OntoIOp]])" Standardization Effort - Co-chairs: [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - ConferenceCall_2011_10_20  
** 2011_11_03 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-2: Invited Speaker: ElisaKendall on "Ontology-Related Metadata Standards" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & JohnBateman - ConferenceCall_2011_11_03  
+
** 2011_11_03 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-2: Invited Speaker: [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] on "Ontology-Related Metadata Standards" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]] - ConferenceCall_2011_11_03  
** 2012_07_17 - Tuesday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-3: "Standardisation Coordination and Ontology Repositories" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & JohnBateman - ConferenceCall_2012_07_17  
+
** 2012_07_17 - Tuesday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-3: "Standardisation Coordination and Ontology Repositories" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]] - ConferenceCall_2012_07_17  
** 2012_09_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-4: "Common Logic" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & JohnBateman - ConferenceCall_2012_09_20  
+
** 2012_09_20 - Thursday: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-4: "Common Logic" - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]] - ConferenceCall_2012_09_20  
  
 
* the '''Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series''':  
 
* the '''Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series''':  
** 2012_10_25 - Thursday: Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-1: Sharing Experiences-I - Co-chairs: ElisaKendall & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Speakers: [[JamesStPierre]], ChetEnsign, AndrewWatson, DeniseWarzel, MichaelGruninger, LeoObrst, KenBaclawski, EricChan - ConferenceCall_2012_10_25  
+
** 2012_10_25 - Thursday: Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-1: Sharing Experiences-I - Co-chairs: [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Speakers: [[JamesStPierre]], [[ChetEnsign|Chet Ensign]], [[AndrewWatson|Andrew Watson]], [[DeniseWarzel|Denise Warzel]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] - ConferenceCall_2012_10_25  
** 2012_11_08 - Thursday: Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-2: Sharing Experiences-II - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & EricChan - Panelists: ElisaKendall, MarkLinehan, DavideSottara - ConferenceCall_2012_11_08  
+
** 2012_11_08 - Thursday: Joint OASIS-OMG-ISO-IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontology-based Standards" mini-series session-2: Sharing Experiences-II - Co-chairs: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] & [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] - Panelists: [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]], [[MarkLinehan|Mark Linehan]], [[DavideSottara|Davide Sottara]] - ConferenceCall_2012_11_08  
  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09  
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09  
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16  
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16  
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30  
+
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JamieClark]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30  
  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]] & Proceedings'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]] & Proceedings'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  

Latest revision as of 03:43, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: Project Team Member (regular planning & admin) Conference Call - Tue 2014_07_15     (1)

This is a regular OOR Team meeting. We will pick up from where we left off before Ontology Summit 2014 (i.e. our last monthly OOR team planning & admin call on 2013_12_03 and the OOR Development Workshop on 2013_12_10 that followed).     (1A)

  • Dial-in:     (1D4)
    • Phone (US): +1 (425) 440-5100 ... (long distance cost may apply)     (1D4A)
    • Skype: join.conference (i.e. make a skype call to the contact with skypeID="join.conference") ... (generally free-of-charge, when connecting from your computer ... ref.)     (1D4B)
      • when prompted enter Conference ID: 843758#     (1D4B1)
      • Unfamiliar with how to do this on Skype? ...     (1D4B2)
        • Add the contact "join.conference" to your skype contact list first. To participate in the teleconference, make a skype call to "join.conference", then open the dial pad (see platform-specific instructions below) and enter the Conference ID: 843758# when prompted.     (1D4B2A)
        • you may connect to the user:"join.conference" even if the skype GUI shows that this user is offline!     (1D4B2B)
      • Can't find Skype Dial pad? ...     (1D4B3)
        • for Windows Skype users: Can't find Skype Dial pad? ... it's under the "Call" dropdown menu as "Show Dial pad"     (1D4B3A)
        • for Linux Skype users: if the dialpad button is not shown in the call window you need to press the "d" hotkey to enable it. ... (ref.)     (1D4B3B)
      • if you are using skype and the connection to "join.conference" is not holding up, try using (your favorite POTS or VoIP line, etc.) either your phone, skype-out or google-voice and call the US dial-in number: +1 (425) 440-5100 ... when prompted enter Conference ID: 843758#     (1D4B4)
  • Discussions and Q & A:     (1D5)
    • Nominally, when a presentation is in progress, the moderator will mute everyone, except for the speaker.     (1D5A)
    • To un-mute, press "*7" ... To mute, press "*6" (please mute your phone, especially if you are in a noisy surrounding, or if you are introducing noise, echoes, etc. into the conference line.)     (1D5B)
    • we will usually save all questions and discussions till after all presentations are through. You are encouraged to jot down questions onto the chat-area in the mean time (that way, they get documented; and you might even get some answers in the interim, through the chat.)     (1D5C)
    • During the Q&A / discussion segment (when everyone is muted), If you want to speak or have questions or remarks to make, please raise your hand (virtually) by clicking on the "hand button" (lower right) on the chat session page. You may speak when acknowledged by the session moderator (again, press "*7" on your phone to un-mute). Test your voice and introduce yourself first before proceeding with your remarks, please. (Please remember to click on the "hand button" again (to lower your hand) and press "*6" on your phone to mute yourself after you are done speaking.)     (1D5D)
    • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field from "anonymous" to your real name, like "JaneDoe").     (1D6A)
    • You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (1D6B)
    • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. gtalk) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) oor_20140715@soaphub.org ... Handy for mobile devices!     (1D6C)
  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/ ... view-only password: "ontolog"     (1D7)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1D7A)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the [ slides above] (where applicable) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1D7B)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1D9)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1D11)

[edit] Attendees     (1E)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1E4)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F4)

2. Roll Call:     (1F9)

  • welcome and intro of new member(s) (if applicable) - n/a     (1F11)

3. Key discussion:     (1F12)

... some of the content below are inherited from the previous call(s), and will be edited/updated as this meeting progresses.     (1F13)

Ref: our list of "Priorities & Most Critical Tasks At Hand" - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository#nid17YH     (1F14)

3.1 Review OOR priorities, focus and strategy ... (deferred discussion of this item)     (1F15)

  • there is general consensus we would change to a more bottom-up approach (rather than the "top-down" approach we have been taking) ...        (1F16)
    • we will encourage each oor node project to develop (colore, ontohub, socop, oor public instance, etc.) on their own, and coordinate the "team" effort through the use of a shared set of metadata, API and the UI (e.g. how people download (or even upload) ontologies, etc.)     (1F16A)
    • The key is to ensure that each of the ontology repository projects in OOR are interoperable from the software perspective, uniform in the GUI, and they use a shared approach to ontology metadata     (1F16B)
    • initially (prior to federation mechanisms being in place) we will make <oor.net> to be an ontology registry, which then links to the ontologies in the actual ontology repository where the ontology is described     (1F16C)
    • actions will be focused on developing three things (hopefully within the next 3 months): the set of metadata, the API, and some shared thoughts on the UI     (1F16D)
    • after that, we will focus on building up content with each OOR node tackling the domain(s) they are best with, and put in a concerted effort towards OOR adoption     (1F16E)

3.2 Follow-ups relating to PeterYim's retirement     (1F18)

PeterYim: as most of you already know, I have retired. This is likely my last "regular" meeting with this team. I would like to thank everyone for having given me the opportunity to work with you all. It's been a real honor!     (1F19)

3.3 Taking inventory of Ontology Repository instances that are in the OOR network     (1F26)

3.4 scheduling of OOR Events'     (1F30)

3.5 Member activities updates - Review: members and OOR-related activities (list from 2013.05.21) ... (deferred discussion of this item)     (1F32)

4. (some) Prior Discussions:     (1F57)

4.1 Discussion: tactically, what shall we be doing differently in the next 6 to 12 months     (1F58)

... to provide synergies for all.     (1F60)

4.2 Setting the metrics - what does "success" look like     (1F61)

4.3 Action planning for "content drive" (getting people to upload ontologies) ... (deferred discussion of this item)     (1F62)

  • (discussion 2011.05.06):     (1F63)
    • an adopted Architecture & API is definitely crucial, but that's not all     (1F63A)
  • All team members are encouraged to mull over how we can get to that state effectively     (1F64)
    • in particular ... how do we make this a "successful" community-driven, open source project!?     (1F64A)
  • (discussion 2011.08.07) ...     (1F65)
    • ref. IAOA Committee and SIG session at FOIS (2012.07.25) discussion:     (1F65A)
      • IAOA Ontology Registry and Repository Committee to put focus on contents     (1F65A1)
      • getting FOIS papers to be submitted with cited ontologies and their metadata, and have those ontologies hosted on OOR     (1F65A2)
  • 4.6 Getting us to a stage when we can run a OOR-production box ... (deferred discussion of this item)     (1F69)
    • we need a gatekeeping/policy module in place - [KenBaclawski]     (1F69A)

[edit] 5. IM Chat Transcript captured during the session     (1G)

see raw transcript here.     (1G1)

(for better clarity, the version below is a re-organized and lightly edited chat-transcript.)     (1G2)

Participants are welcome to make light edits to their own contributions as they see fit.     (1G3)

-- begin in-session chat-transcript --     (1G4)


Chat transcript from room: oor_20140715     (1G5)

2014-07-15 GMT-08:00 [PDT]     (1G6)


[6:59] Peter P. Yim: Welcome to the     (1G7)

OpenOntologyRepository: Project Team Member Conference Call - Tue 2014_07_15     (1G8)

  • Taking inventory of Ontology Repository instances that are in the OOR network (4E3T)     (1G15)

ATTENDEES     (1G19)

Proceedings     (1G22)

[7:06] Peter P. Yim: == Mike Dean and Peter P. Yim starts the meeting ...     (1G23)

[7:06] Peter P. Yim: we will try to finish the meeting in an hour if we can (since both Michael and Leo need to leave in an hour)     (1G24)

[7:08] Peter P. Yim: === Brainstorm: Future of the OOR Project     (1G26)

[7:08] Peter P. Yim: ==== exploring a closer-coupled working relationship between IAOA and OOR     (1G27)

[7:09] Todd Schneider: Is IAOA interested in running an ontology repository?     (1G28)

[7:11] Michael Grüninger: The (currently empty) page for the IAOA Ontology Registries and Repositories     (1G29)

[7:13] Michael Grüninger: Technical Committees (TCs) and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) in IAOA differ only     (1G31)

in scope (where the latter has a broader scope)     (1G32)

[7:15] Peter P. Yim: if OOR gets "absorbed into" the IAOA Ontology Repository TC, would OOR team members need     (1G33)

to be IAOA members?     (1G34)

[7:17] Leo Obrst: IAOA has an exception in the IAOA-SWAO-SIG, in that SIG members do not necessarily have     (1G35)

to be IAOA members for participation contribution (but will need to become an IAOA member for voting rights     (1G36)

and IAOA membership benefits)     (1G37)

[7:17] Todd Schneider: Would the IAOA Ontology Registries and Repositories Technical Committee absorb all     (1G38)

of the past work of OOR?     (1G39)

[7:19] Michael Grüninger: The IAOA TC was intended to be a support forum for people to find access to any of     (1G40)

the ontology repositories that exist. Ideally, IAOA would like to coordinate the activities of ontology repositories     (1G41)

[7:20] Mike Dean: Umbrella and infrastructure are attractive, but OOR seems much more mature organizationally.     (1G42)

OOR also has an established brand.     (1G43)

[7:20] Leo Obrst: there is no charter yet for that TC     (1G44)

[7:22] Todd Schneider: But if IAOA's 'mission' is to promote the use of ontology, should it not provide a     (1G45)

source of ontologies?     (1G46)

[7:24] Mike Dean: OOR focused on software environment as well as content.     (1G47)

[7:26] Leo Obrst: OOR could become a project under that TC     (1G48)

[7:31] Todd Schneider: To Support "... the development of collaborations between research and industry"     (1G49)

shouldn't IAOA be providing a test bed or an evolving reference implementation?     (1G50)

[7:33] Todd Schneider: There are 'standards' and then there are defacto standards. I wouldn't think it outside     (1G51)

the scope of IAOA to support the latter.     (1G52)

[7:35] Todd Schneider: Can't IAOA afford commercial web hosting?     (1G53)

[7:37] Michael Grüninger: @ToddSchneider[7:35] There are many hosting options possible, and we are still     (1G54)

sorting out the new configuration     (1G55)

[7:36] Leo Obrst: OOR could also remain under new Ontolog     (1G56)

[7:37] Mike Dean: . as platform host     (1G57)

[7:39] Todd Schneider: Who would take over all of the OOR artifacts?     (1G58)

[7:44] Todd Schneider: What are the organizational options under IAOA?     (1G59)

[7:47] Michael Grüninger: @ToddSchneider: What do you mean by "organizational options"?     (1G60)

[7:48] Leo Obrst: potentially some OOR funding from IAOA     (1G61)

[7:50] Peter P. Yim: "IAOA-TC" and "OOR Initiative" relationship possibilities: "identity," "subsumption," "affiliation," "hosting," ...     (1G62)

[7:51] Peter P. Yim: ref. OOR's repository network members: http://oor.net/index1.html     (1G63)

[7:54] Till Mossakowski: Socop will be hosted by Ontohub, see https://ontohub.org/socop     (1G64)

[7:54] Mike Dean: [action-PeterYim] Peter to redirect socop.oor.net to OntoHub SOCoP repository, which will     (1G65)

now become primary     (1G66)

[7:54] Till Mossakowski: Peter will change the URL redirection     (1G67)

[8:00] Mike Dean: Peter willing to allow us to continue to use oor.net indefinitely     (1G68)

[8:01] Todd Schneider: Peter, what about the OOR wiki page and all the meeting artifacts?     (1G69)

[8:01] Peter P. Yim: exisiting Ontolog Wiki (now at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki ) will become a "read only" archive,     (1G70)

all content will migrate to the OntologPSMW (now at: http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki ) ... KenBaclawski-NEU     (1G71)

and TillMossakowski-Magdeburg are likely going to host that (still working out the details) ... ongoing OOR     (1G72)

work could probably continue there     (1G73)

[8:01] Mike Dean: If email lists change, they should probably become XXX@oor.net, redirecting to whatever     (1G74)

infrastructure is used.     (1G75)

[8:01] Peter P. Yim: ^subject to permission by the new hosting party, presumably     (1G76)

[8:09] Peter P. Yim: [action-PeterYim-TillMossakowski] will move the following lists: [oor-forum], [oor-dev] and     (1G78)

[oor-users] from cim3.net to uni-magdeburg.de (along with the 18 IAOA lists)     (1G79)

[8:20] Peter P. Yim: Nancy Wiegand and Dalia Varanka are also in the meeting (have logged in a while back already; Nancy since ~7:30)     (1G80)

[8:11] Peter P. Yim: === 3.3 Taking inventory of Ontology Repository instances that are in the OOR network     (1G81)

adding/changing:     (1G83)

- to be re-directed to Ontohub as discussed above, ref. TillMossakowski-PeterYim-MikeDean [7:54]     (1G85)

  • SIGMA (SUMO, MILO, ...) - still on CIM3.NET now, but will likely be migrated to AWS by mid-August 2014     (1G86)

removing: (4E51)     (1G88)

  • ORNL-DAAC? ... being removed because this is no longer "open" (or openly accessible)     (1G89)
  • OOR-dev ... Peter: will be taken offline after this meeting     (1G90)
  • OOR-test ... Peter: will be taken offline after this meeting     (1G91)
  • OOR-sandbox ... Peter: will be taken offline in August, unless someone takes over the hosting of this [KenBaclawski?]     (1G92)

[8:15] Till Mossakowski: sorry, I have to go     (1G93)

[8:18] Peter P. Yim: [action-NancyWiegand] will work with PeterFox (or Line Pouchard & PeterFox) to try to get the     (1G94)

ESIP-Portal as part the federated OOR repository nodes (instances) - as in http://oor.net/index1.html     (1G95)

- agreeing to be a node, supporting the OOR vision and mission, and permitting the ESIP-Portal to be     (1G96)

addressed as <esip.oor.net> (or something similar)     (1G97)

[8:20] Michael Grüninger: (was away for about 15 minutes) ok i'm back ...     (1G98)

[8:25] Peter P. Yim: [action-MichaelGruninger] will draft something tangible regarding the IAOA-OOR working     (1G99)

relationship for review, discussion and decision at the next admin and planning meeting (7/29?).     (1G100)

[8:25] Todd Schneider: we need Ken Baclawski to be at that meeting too.     (1G101)

[8:27] Peter P. Yim: next meeting: Tue 2014.07.22 (same time) - chair: Till Mossakowski - topic: "Ontohub API"Tue 2014.07.22 (same time) - chair: Till Mossakowski - topic: "Ontohub API" to be presented by Tim Reddehase (from the OntoHub team)     (1G102)

[8:27] Michael Grüninger: I will potentially co-chair the July 29 session with Ken. The intended outcome of     (1G103)

this meeting will be an explicit statement of the relationships between OOR and IAOA     (1G104)

[8:28] Peter P. Yim: -- session ended: 8:28am PDT --     (1G105)

-- end in-session chat-transcript --     (1G106)

6. Action items:     (1G107)

7. Any Other Business:     (1G109)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G111)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.07.15-12:33pm PDT     (1G115)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G116)


[edit] Resources     (1H)

  • the Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series:     (1H18)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1H27)