From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]ToddSchneider[ ]" to " Todd Schneider ")
m (Text replace - "[ ]LeoObrst[ ]" to " Leo Obrst ")
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** LeoObrst (chair)  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] (chair)  
 
** JouniTuominen  
 
** JouniTuominen  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
Line 64: Line 64:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* LeoObrst takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
Line 284: Line 284:
 
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
 
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
 
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
 
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
+
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
 
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  

Revision as of 08:43, 8 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2011_02_04     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

  • OOR code-repository and re-assessing the 'fork' (what does that mean?) [MikeDean, KenBaclawski, et al.]     (1D2)
  • planning for an upcoming panel session on OOR metadata [MichaelGruninger]     (1D3)
  • ideas and suggestions (some involving work previously done by the NeOn project) [MathieuDaquin]     (1D4)
  • continue discussion on: Architecture, API and (default) Development Platform [All]     (1D5)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E8)

Key items for review and discussion today     (1E12)

  • OOR code-repository and re-assessing the 'fork' (what does that mean?) [MikeDean, KenBaclawski, et al.]     (1E12A)
  • planning for an upcoming panel session on OOR metadata [MichaelGruninger]     (1E12B)
  • continue discussion on: Architecture, API and (default) Development Platform [All]     (1E12D)
    • YuriyMilov: should we be architecting (i) just a repository, or (ii) a semantic platform ... ?     (1E12D1)
      • Peter / Leo: we can bring this up at the next time we have a panel session on the topic     (1E12D1A)
    • Organizing a next Panel session on this - date reserved: Fri 2011.03.04     (1E12D2)

items below are from the previous meeting(s) and will be updated as we proceed with this meeting.     (1E12E)

  • OOR system architecture     (1E12J)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1E12J1)
      • Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks     (1E12J1A)
      • candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...     (1E12J1B)
      • (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...     (1E12J1C)
      • tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... no presentations; only serious discussions!     (1E12J1D)

4. Member activities updates:     (1E12N)

5. Funding progress:     (1E12O)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E12P)

7. Action items:     (1E12Q)

  • Architecture, API, Platform panel session: Fri 2011.03.04     (1E12S)
    • Peter to contact Todd and Ken about co-chairing this meeting     (1E12S1)
    • ALL architecture contributors to populate their sub-page with next level of details, to facilitate the merging of work that is already available.     (1E12S2)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E12U)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.02.04-7:13am PST     (1E12Y)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E12Z)


Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F20)