From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2011-01-21 08:12:16 By user: PeterYim)
m (Text replace - "[ ]PeterYim[ ]" to " Peter P. Yim ")
Line 34: Line 34:
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
 
** MikeDean (chair)  
 
** MikeDean (chair)  
** PeterYim  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]
 
** YuriyMilov  
 
** YuriyMilov  
 
** MichaelGruninger  
 
** MichaelGruninger  
Line 60: Line 60:
 
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
* PeterYim volunteered to take notes  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
  
 
2. Roll Call:  
 
2. Roll Call:  
Line 206: Line 206:
 
--
 
--
  
notes taken by: PeterYim / 2011.01.21-7:36am PST
+
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2011.01.21-7:36am PST
  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
Line 290: Line 290:
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: PeterYim - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
 
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
 
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
 
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
 
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
 
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     

Revision as of 03:35, 7 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2011-01-21     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • YefimZhuk     (1C2A)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C2B)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E8)

  • Reports from OntologySummit2011 Launch     (1E12)
    • Peter: went real well; was able to pack 13 presentations (one time-shifted even!) into a 2-hour session     (1E12A)
    • Michael: lots of enthusiasm on the topic this year, think it will be productive     (1E12B)
    • Yuri: very helpful, now seeing the distinction between OOR, Ontolog, Summit, etc.; planning to go to the Symposium in April     (1E12C)
    • Mike: was there for a portion of the session only, impressed with the energy at the session.     (1E12D)

Key items for review and discussion today     (1E13)

items below are from the previous meeting(s) and will be updated as we proceed with this meeting.     (1E13B)

more items from previous meeting discussions ...     (1E13G)

  • OOR system architecture     (1E13N)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1E13N1)
      • Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks     (1E13N1A)
      • candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...     (1E13N1B)
      • (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...     (1E13N1C)
      • tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... no presentations; only serious discussions!     (1E13N1D)

4. Member activities updates:     (1E13R)

5. Funding progress:     (1E13S)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E13T)

7. Action items:     (1E13V)

  • MikeDean & KenBaclawski to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting     (1E13W)
    • Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.     (1E13W1)
  • YuriyMilov will help MikeDean test the new code repository,     (1E13X)
    • Yuri will install a working OOR instance and a development platform on his own,     (1E13X1)
    • Yuri will also present to the rest of the group along with the learning through this exercise some time in the near-future     (1E13X2)
  • MichaelGruninger will try to pull together a session on OOR metadata ... will report back on his planning at the next call     (1E13Y)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E13Z)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.01.21-7:36am PST     (1E13AD)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E13AE)


Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F20)