From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]LeoObrst[ ]" to " Leo Obrst ")
m (Text replace - "[ ]MikeDean[ ]" to " Mike Dean ")
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** MikeDean (chair)  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (chair)  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** YuriyMilov  
 
** YuriyMilov  
Line 58: Line 58:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
Line 186: Line 186:
 
7. '''Action items:'''  
 
7. '''Action items:'''  
  
* MikeDean & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting  
 
** Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.  
 
** Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.  
* YuriyMilov will help MikeDean test the new code repository,  
+
* YuriyMilov will help [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] test the new code repository,  
 
** Yuri will install a working OOR instance and a development platform on his own,  
 
** Yuri will install a working OOR instance and a development platform on his own,  
 
** Yuri will also present to the rest of the group along with the learning through this exercise some time in the near-future  
 
** Yuri will also present to the rest of the group along with the learning through this exercise some time in the near-future  
Line 303: Line 303:
 
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
 
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
 
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
 
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: MikeDean - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
 
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
 
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
 
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     
 
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     

Revision as of 19:32, 8 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2011-01-21     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • YefimZhuk     (1C2A)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C2B)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E8)

  • Reports from OntologySummit2011 Launch     (1E12)
    • Peter: went real well; was able to pack 13 presentations (one time-shifted even!) into a 2-hour session     (1E12A)
    • Michael: lots of enthusiasm on the topic this year, think it will be productive     (1E12B)
    • Yuri: very helpful, now seeing the distinction between OOR, Ontolog, Summit, etc.; planning to go to the Symposium in April     (1E12C)
    • Mike: was there for a portion of the session only, impressed with the energy at the session.     (1E12D)

Key items for review and discussion today     (1E13)

items below are from the previous meeting(s) and will be updated as we proceed with this meeting.     (1E13B)

more items from previous meeting discussions ...     (1E13G)

  • OOR system architecture     (1E13N)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1E13N1)
      • Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks     (1E13N1A)
      • candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...     (1E13N1B)
      • (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...     (1E13N1C)
      • tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... no presentations; only serious discussions!     (1E13N1D)

4. Member activities updates:     (1E13R)

5. Funding progress:     (1E13S)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E13T)

7. Action items:     (1E13V)

  • Mike Dean & Ken Baclawski to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting     (1E13W)
    • Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.     (1E13W1)
  • YuriyMilov will help Mike Dean test the new code repository,     (1E13X)
    • Yuri will install a working OOR instance and a development platform on his own,     (1E13X1)
    • Yuri will also present to the rest of the group along with the learning through this exercise some time in the near-future     (1E13X2)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E13Z)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.01.21-7:36am PST     (1E13AD)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E13AE)


Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F20)