From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]LeoObrst[ ]" to " Leo Obrst ")
m (Text replace - "[ ]MikeDean[ ]" to " Mike Dean ")
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** MikeDean (chair)  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (chair)  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** TimDarr  
 
** TimDarr  
Line 58: Line 58:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
Line 202: Line 202:
 
7. '''Action items:'''  
 
7. '''Action items:'''  
  
* MikeDean & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] & [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting  
 
** Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.  
 
** Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.  
  
Line 313: Line 313:
 
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
 
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
 
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
 
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: MikeDean - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
 
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
 
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
 
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     
 
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     

Revision as of 18:32, 8 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2011-01-07     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E5)

  • welcome and intro of new member(s) (as needed)     (1E7)
    • TimDarr (Knowledge Based Systems, Inc.)     (1E7A)
      • have knowledge engineering and ontology development project that will need repository services     (1E7A1)
      • can provide requirements, from the perspective as a user     (1E7A2)
      • will help out in whatever way we can     (1E7A3)
      • Todd / Peter: please try to participate in OntologySummit2011 (turns out ChrisMenzel is a colleague at their company)     (1E7A4)
    • YuriyMilov: still observing; will try to contribute, from the vantage point of a software engineer.     (1E7B)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E8)

  • 1. Prepare and adopt an OOR system architecture     (1E11)
    • define and adopt a set of API's     (1E11A)
    • define and adopt the set of ontology metadata (as an extension of OMV) that authors of the ontology are required to provide when they upload ontologies to the OOR     (1E11B)
    • define and adopt a core development platform     (1E11C)
  • 2. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1E12)
  • 3. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1E13)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code     (1E13A)
    • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1E13B)
  • 4. systematically solicit content contributions     (1E14)
    • from the communities engaging in ontology research, development, engineering and applications     (1E14A)
    • from the communities engaging in digital content and knowledge organization structures     (1E14B)
  • 5. get the work funded     (1E15)
  • 6. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1E16)
  • 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach     (1E17)

Key items for review and discussion today     (1E18)

  • review and rationalizing the "Most Critical Task(s) At Hand" list (above)     (1E18E)

items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...     (1E18F)

  • OOR system architecture     (1E18M)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1E18M1)
      • Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks     (1E18M1A)
      • candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...     (1E18M1B)
      • (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...     (1E18M1C)
      • tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... no presentations; only serious discussions!     (1E18M1D)

4. Member activities updates:     (1E18Q)

5. Funding progress:     (1E18R)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E18T)

7. Action items:     (1E18V)

  • Mike Dean & Ken Baclawski to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting     (1E18W)
    • Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.     (1E18W1)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E18X)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.01.07-9:47am PST     (1E18AB)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E18AC)


Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F20)