From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2011-01-10 10:25:08 By user: PeterYim)
m (Text replace - "[ ]PeterYim[ ]" to " Peter P. Yim ")
Line 34: Line 34:
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
 
** MikeDean (chair)  
 
** MikeDean (chair)  
** PeterYim  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]
 
** TimDarr  
 
** TimDarr  
 
** YuriyMilov  
 
** YuriyMilov  
Line 60: Line 60:
 
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
* PeterYim volunteered to take notes  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteered to take notes  
  
 
2. Roll Call:  
 
2. Roll Call:  
Line 217: Line 217:
 
--
 
--
  
notes taken by: PeterYim / 2011.01.07-9:47am PST
+
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2011.01.07-9:47am PST
  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
Line 300: Line 300:
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: PeterYim - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
 
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
 
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
 
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
 
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
 
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     

Revision as of 04:35, 7 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2011-01-07     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

please insert any additional items below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E5)

  • welcome and intro of new member(s) (as needed)     (1E7)
    • TimDarr (Knowledge Based Systems, Inc.)     (1E7A)
      • have knowledge engineering and ontology development project that will need repository services     (1E7A1)
      • can provide requirements, from the perspective as a user     (1E7A2)
      • will help out in whatever way we can     (1E7A3)
      • Todd / Peter: please try to participate in OntologySummit2011 (turns out ChrisMenzel is a colleague at their company)     (1E7A4)
    • YuriyMilov: still observing; will try to contribute, from the vantage point of a software engineer.     (1E7B)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E8)

  • 1. Prepare and adopt an OOR system architecture     (1E11)
    • define and adopt a set of API's     (1E11A)
    • define and adopt the set of ontology metadata (as an extension of OMV) that authors of the ontology are required to provide when they upload ontologies to the OOR     (1E11B)
    • define and adopt a core development platform     (1E11C)
  • 2. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1E12)
  • 3. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1E13)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code     (1E13A)
    • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1E13B)
  • 4. systematically solicit content contributions     (1E14)
    • from the communities engaging in ontology research, development, engineering and applications     (1E14A)
    • from the communities engaging in digital content and knowledge organization structures     (1E14B)
  • 5. get the work funded     (1E15)
  • 6. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1E16)
  • 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach     (1E17)

Key items for review and discussion today     (1E18)

  • review and rationalizing the "Most Critical Task(s) At Hand" list (above)     (1E18E)

items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...     (1E18F)

  • OOR system architecture     (1E18M)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1E18M1)
      • Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks     (1E18M1A)
      • candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...     (1E18M1B)
      • (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...     (1E18M1C)
      • tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... no presentations; only serious discussions!     (1E18M1D)

4. Member activities updates:     (1E18Q)

5. Funding progress:     (1E18R)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E18T)

7. Action items:     (1E18V)

  • MikeDean & KenBaclawski to get code repository (at semwebcentral) going, hopefully before our next meeting     (1E18W)
    • Mike will ping NatashaNoy on: (a) where they stand on the availability of BioPortal install (vcm) image, and (b) is there a newer "fork" point that we (OOR) should work with now.     (1E18W1)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E18X)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2011.01.07-9:47am PST     (1E18AB)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E18AC)


Resources     (1F)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F20)