From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]MikeDean[ ]" to " Mike Dean ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
Line 36: Line 36:
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** YefimZhuk  
 
** YefimZhuk  
** YuriyMilov  
+
** [[YuriyMilov|Yuriy Milov]]
 
** JouniTuominen  
 
** JouniTuominen  
 
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]  
 
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]  
Line 58: Line 58:
 
* Architecture-API progress review  
 
* Architecture-API progress review  
 
* OOR team/collaborator/contributor status review and 2011 plan - please bring your 2011 plans along to share with the rest of the team  
 
* OOR team/collaborator/contributor status review and 2011 plan - please bring your 2011 plans along to share with the rest of the team  
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming OntologySummit2011 ?  
+
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming [[OntologySummit2011|Ontology Summit 2011]] ?  
* PeterYim: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
 
* ...  
 
* ...  
  
Line 107: Line 107:
  
 
* review and adopt the "OOR IPR Policy" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K83  
 
* review and adopt the "OOR IPR Policy" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K83  
** Motion to adopt the candidate OOR-IPR policy (moved: PeterYim, second: LeoObrst) - motion carried unanimously  
+
** Motion to adopt the candidate OOR-IPR policy (moved: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], second: LeoObrst) - motion carried unanimously  
 
** we now have an OOR IPR policy ... Hooray!  
 
** we now have an OOR IPR policy ... Hooray!  
 
* review and adopt "Additional Community Action" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K8F  
 
* review and adopt "Additional Community Action" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K8F  
** Motion to adopt the two candidate "Additional Community Actions" (moved: PeterYim, second: LeoObrst) - motion carried unanimously  
+
** Motion to adopt the two candidate "Additional Community Actions" (moved: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], second: LeoObrst) - motion carried unanimously  
 
** these actions will go into our 2011 workplan.  
 
** these actions will go into our 2011 workplan.  
  
Line 124: Line 124:
 
** [http://dataone.org [[DataONE]]]  
 
** [http://dataone.org [[DataONE]]]  
  
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming OntologySummit2011 ?  
+
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming [[OntologySummit2011|Ontology Summit 2011]] ?  
 
** Theme: "Making the Case for Ontology"  
 
** Theme: "Making the Case for Ontology"  
 
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] will help drive  
 
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] will help drive  
  
* PeterYim: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
  
 
''items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...''  
 
''items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...''  
Line 135: Line 135:
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
*** candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...  
+
*** candidate architecture team: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[TillMossakowski|Till Mossakowski]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], Natasha Noy, ...  
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...  
+
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[MikeUschold|Mike Uschold]], [[JohnBateman|John Bateman]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]], Mark Musen, [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ...  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
  
Line 148: Line 148:
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
** do we consider github (as suggested by NatashaNoy on 2010.09.17)?  
+
** do we consider github (as suggested by Natasha Noy on 2010.09.17)?  
 
** action items -  
 
** action items -  
  
Line 166: Line 166:
 
** no meeting on Fri 2010.12.30 ... Happy Holidays, everyone!  
 
** no meeting on Fri 2010.12.30 ... Happy Holidays, everyone!  
 
** our next regular team call, Fri 2011.01.07 - 16:30 UTC (ref. [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=07&year=2011&hour=8&min=30&sec=0&p1=224 worldclock])  
 
** our next regular team call, Fri 2011.01.07 - 16:30 UTC (ref. [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=07&year=2011&hour=8&min=30&sec=0&p1=224 worldclock])  
*** PeterYim: on reviewing our doodle poll (below) I moved the 17:00 UTC start-time (we discussed at the meeting) to 16:30 UTC (so we conform better with the community input.)  
+
*** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: on reviewing our doodle poll (below) I moved the 17:00 UTC start-time (we discussed at the meeting) to 16:30 UTC (so we conform better with the community input.)  
 
** developing session page will be at [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_01_07]]  
 
** developing session page will be at [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_01_07]]  
 
** Question (from Peter): is most of the EU back to work yet?  
 
** Question (from Peter): is most of the EU back to work yet?  
Line 264: Line 264:
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JohnWilbanks|John Wilbanks]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
+
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[BrucePerens|Bruce Perens]], [[JamieClark]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer & BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen[[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: ToddSchneider; Panelists: MarkMusen, NatashaNoy, MikeDean, PaulBuitelaar / AndreasHarth, MathieuDaquin, KenBaclawski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19     
+
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]; Panelists: Mark Musen, Natasha Noy, [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[PaulBuitelaar|Paul Buitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth|Andreas Harth]], [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19     
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
+
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: Mark Musen - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache|Tania Tudorache]], [[TimRedmond|Tim Redmond]], Natasha Noy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
+
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: Natasha Noy - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]], [[PaulAlexander|Paul Alexander]], [[JohnGraybeal|John Graybeal]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], Natasha Noy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
+
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MatthewHettinger|Matthew Hettinger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez|Máximo Gurméndez]] - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     
+
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa|John F. Sowa]] - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[CameronRoss|Cameron Ross]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]] - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MikeDean, NatashaNoy, ImmanuelNormann, KenBaclawski, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17     
+
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Natasha Noy, [[ImmanuelNormann|Immanuel Normann]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17     
 
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15     
 
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15     
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, EricChan - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19     
+
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, [[EricChan|Eric Chan]] - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19     
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  

Latest revision as of 03:29, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-12-17     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

[edit] Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C3A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1D)

... please insert any additional item above (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D10)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E6)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E9)

  • 1. Prepare and adopt an OOR system architecture     (1E12)
    • define and adopt a set of API's     (1E12A)
    • define and adopt the set of ontology metadata (as an extension of OMV) that authors of the ontology are required to provide when they upload ontologies to the OOR     (1E12B)
  • 2. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1E13)
  • 3. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1E14)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code     (1E14A)
    • clarify IPR issues related to Ontology & OOR and adopt a consensus IPR policy for OOR contributions     (1E14B)
    • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1E14C)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage content stewards and have them contribute ontologies to our public instance of OOR     (1E14D)
  • 4. systematically solicit content contributions     (1E15)
  • 5. get the work funded     (1E16)
  • 6. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1E17)
  • 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach     (1E18)

[edit] Key items for review and discussion today     (1E19)

items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...     (1E19J)

4. Member activities updates:     (1E19O)

5. Funding progress:     (1E19Q)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E19R)

7. Action items:     (1E19S)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E19T)

[edit] Transcript of the online chat during the session     (1F)

-- begin of chat session --     (1F1)

-- end of chat session --     (1F2)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.12.17-7:18 PST     (1F4)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F5)


[edit] Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)