From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(updated start-time for next meeting Last updated at: 2010-12-17 07:43:52 By user: PeterYim)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
= [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-12-17  =
 
= [[OpenOntologyRepository]]: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-12-17  =
  
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details: ===
+
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ===
  
 
* Date: '''Friday, 17-Dec-2010'''  
 
* Date: '''Friday, 17-Dec-2010'''  
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[LeoObrst]] (chair)  
+
** LeoObrst (chair)  
** [[PeterYim]]
+
** PeterYim  
** [[YefimZhuk]]
+
** YefimZhuk  
** [[YuriyMilov]]
+
** YuriyMilov  
** [[JouniTuominen]]
+
** JouniTuominen  
** [[MikeDean]]
+
** MikeDean  
** [[ToddSchneider]]
+
** ToddSchneider  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
Line 46: Line 46:
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** [[KenBaclawski]]
+
** KenBaclawski  
  
== Agenda Ideas: ==
+
== Agenda Ideas  ==
  
 
* report from [http://www.ontologydynamics.org/od/index.php/seres2010/ SERES2010]/[http://iswc2010.semanticweb.org/ ISWC2010] (Nov-2010 Shanghai, China)  
 
* report from [http://www.ontologydynamics.org/od/index.php/seres2010/ SERES2010]/[http://iswc2010.semanticweb.org/ ISWC2010] (Nov-2010 Shanghai, China)  
* postmortem of the "(Post-[[BioPortal]] fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]  
+
* postmortem of the "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]  
 
* review and adopt the "OOR IPR Policy" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K83  
 
* review and adopt the "OOR IPR Policy" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K83  
 
** review and adopt "Additional Community Action" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K8F  
 
** review and adopt "Additional Community Action" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K8F  
Line 58: Line 58:
 
* Architecture-API progress review  
 
* Architecture-API progress review  
 
* OOR team/collaborator/contributor status review and 2011 plan - please bring your 2011 plans along to share with the rest of the team  
 
* OOR team/collaborator/contributor status review and 2011 plan - please bring your 2011 plans along to share with the rest of the team  
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming [[OntologySummit2011]] ?  
+
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming OntologySummit2011 ?  
* [[PeterYim]]: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
+
* PeterYim: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
 
* ...  
 
* ...  
  
Line 68: Line 68:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* [[LeoObrst]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* LeoObrst takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
* note that we are running an [http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor in-session chat] facility during this meeting. Please login there (with your [[WikiWord]] name.)  
+
* note that we are running an [http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oor in-session chat] facility during this meeting. Please login there (with your WikiWord name.)  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteered to take notes  
+
* PeterYim volunteered to take notes  
  
 
2. Roll Call:  
 
2. Roll Call:  
Line 102: Line 102:
 
* 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach  
 
* 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach  
  
=== Key items for review and discussion today: ===
+
=== Key items for review and discussion today  ===
  
 
* report from [http://www.ontologydynamics.org/od/index.php/seres2010/ SERES2010]/[http://iswc2010.semanticweb.org/ ISWC2010] (Nov-2010 Shanghai, China)  
 
* report from [http://www.ontologydynamics.org/od/index.php/seres2010/ SERES2010]/[http://iswc2010.semanticweb.org/ ISWC2010] (Nov-2010 Shanghai, China)  
  
 
* review and adopt the "OOR IPR Policy" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K83  
 
* review and adopt the "OOR IPR Policy" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K83  
** Motion to adopt the candidate OOR-IPR policy (moved: [[PeterYim]], second: [[LeoObrst]]) - motion carried unanimously  
+
** Motion to adopt the candidate OOR-IPR policy (moved: PeterYim, second: LeoObrst) - motion carried unanimously  
 
** we now have an OOR IPR policy ... Hooray!  
 
** we now have an OOR IPR policy ... Hooray!  
 
* review and adopt "Additional Community Action" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K8F  
 
* review and adopt "Additional Community Action" - ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_IPR#nid2K8F  
** Motion to adopt the two candidate "Additional Community Actions" (moved: [[PeterYim]], second: [[LeoObrst]]) - motion carried unanimously  
+
** Motion to adopt the two candidate "Additional Community Actions" (moved: PeterYim, second: LeoObrst) - motion carried unanimously  
 
** these actions will go into our 2011 workplan.  
 
** these actions will go into our 2011 workplan.  
  
Line 116: Line 116:
 
** our OOR-sandbox at http://oor-01.cim3.net is now (also) accessible as http://sandbox.oor.net  
 
** our OOR-sandbox at http://oor-01.cim3.net is now (also) accessible as http://sandbox.oor.net  
  
* postmortem of the "(Post-[[BioPortal]] fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]  
+
* postmortem of the "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" session - [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]  
  
 
* Architecture-API progress review  
 
* Architecture-API progress review  
  
 
* OOR team/collaborator/contributor status review and 2011 plan - please bring your 2011 plans along to share with the rest of the team  
 
* OOR team/collaborator/contributor status review and 2011 plan - please bring your 2011 plans along to share with the rest of the team  
** ... [[SOCoP]] / INTEROP  
+
** ... SOCoP / INTEROP  
 
** [http://dataone.org [[DataONE]]]  
 
** [http://dataone.org [[DataONE]]]  
  
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming [[OntologySummit2011]] ?  
+
* what can this team contribute to the upcoming OntologySummit2011 ?  
 
** Theme: "Making the Case for Ontology"  
 
** Theme: "Making the Case for Ontology"  
** [[ToddSchneider]] will help drive  
+
** ToddSchneider will help drive  
  
* [[PeterYim]]: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
+
* PeterYim: I just (finally!) made contact with the "Content Repository" folks - ref. http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/12/14/open-repositories-2011-collaboration-and-community-the-social-mechanics-of-repository-systems/  
  
 
''items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...''  
 
''items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...''  
Line 135: Line 135:
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
** action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
 
*** Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks  
*** candidate architecture team: [[MikeDean]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[ToddSchneider]], [[ImmanuelNormann]], [[TillMossakowski]], [[CameronRoss]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[AdamPease]], [[NatashaNoy]], ...  
+
*** candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...  
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) [[AlexGarcia]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[MikeUschold]], [[JohnBateman]], [[JohnSowa]], [[PatHayes]], [[PatCassidy]], [[MarkMusen]], [[LeoObrst]], [[PeterYim]], ...  
+
*** (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
 
*** tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... ''no presentations; only serious discussions!''  
  
Line 148: Line 148:
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
* '''Code Repository'''  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
 
** ETA of the oor.semwebcentral.org going into operation with baseline code? - [Mike: by 2010.10.15]  
** do we consider github (as suggested by [[NatashaNoy]] on 2010.09.17)?  
+
** do we consider github (as suggested by NatashaNoy on 2010.09.17)?  
 
** action items -  
 
** action items -  
  
 
4. '''Member activities updates:'''  
 
4. '''Member activities updates:'''  
  
* [[JouniTuominen]] shared this paper - "A Network of Ontology Repositories" - http://www.seco.tkk.fi/publications/submitted/viljanen-et-al-onki-nor-2010.pdf ... which he will also add to the Architecture subpage from their group  
+
* JouniTuominen shared this paper - "A Network of Ontology Repositories" - http://www.seco.tkk.fi/publications/submitted/viljanen-et-al-onki-nor-2010.pdf ... which he will also add to the Architecture subpage from their group  
  
 
5. '''Funding progress:'''  
 
5. '''Funding progress:'''  
Line 166: Line 166:
 
** no meeting on Fri 2010.12.30 ... Happy Holidays, everyone!  
 
** no meeting on Fri 2010.12.30 ... Happy Holidays, everyone!  
 
** our next regular team call, Fri 2011.01.07 - 16:30 UTC (ref. [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=07&year=2011&hour=8&min=30&sec=0&p1=224 worldclock])  
 
** our next regular team call, Fri 2011.01.07 - 16:30 UTC (ref. [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=07&year=2011&hour=8&min=30&sec=0&p1=224 worldclock])  
*** [[PeterYim]]: on reviewing our doodle poll (below) I moved the 17:00 UTC start-time (we discussed at the meeting) to 16:30 UTC (so we conform better with the community input.)  
+
*** PeterYim: on reviewing our doodle poll (below) I moved the 17:00 UTC start-time (we discussed at the meeting) to 16:30 UTC (so we conform better with the community input.)  
 
** developing session page will be at [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_01_07]]  
 
** developing session page will be at [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_01_07]]  
 
** Question (from Peter): is most of the EU back to work yet?  
 
** Question (from Peter): is most of the EU back to work yet?  
Line 174: Line 174:
 
* Call adjourned at: 7:16 am PST  
 
* Call adjourned at: 7:16 am PST  
  
== Transcript of the online chat during the session: ==
+
== Transcript of the online chat during the session  ==
 
+
  
 
-- ''begin of chat session'' --  
 
-- ''begin of chat session'' --  
 
 
  
 
-- ''end of chat session'' --  
 
-- ''end of chat session'' --  
  
 +
--
  
 +
notes taken by: PeterYim / 2010.12.17-7:18 PST
  
--
 
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2010.12.17-7:18 PST
 
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
  
 
----
 
----
Line 268: Line 264:
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
** Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
 
* the '''OOR-IPR mini-series''':  
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: [[GeorgeStrawn]] - Chair: [[PeterYim]] - Panelists: [[JamieClark]], [[JohnWilbanks]], [[BrucePerens]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_09]]     
+
** 2010_09_09 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-1: an exposition on relevant IPR regimes - Keynote speaker: GeorgeStrawn - Chair: PeterYim - Panelists: JamieClark, JohnWilbanks, BrucePerens - ConferenceCall_2010_09_09     
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: [[MarkMusen]] - Panelists: [[CameronRoss]], [[AlanRector]], [[JohnSowa]], [[BrucePerens]], [[JohnWilbanks]], [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_16]]     
+
** 2010_09_16 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-2: what are the IPR issues relating to open ontology repositories (and ontologies in general)? - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: CameronRoss, AlanRector, JohnSowa, BrucePerens, JohnWilbanks, PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2010_09_16     
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: [[LeoObrst]] - Panelists: [[PeterYim]], [[MikeDean]], [[BrucePerens]], [[JamieClark]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_30]]     
+
** 2010_09_30 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog-NCBO-CC-IAOA-OASIS Panel Discussion - "IPR issues in Ontology and the OOR" session-3: discussion and consensus on licensing arrangements for the OOR Initiative, and positions we might take on related IPR issues - chair: LeoObrst - Panelists: PeterYim, MikeDean, BrucePerens, JamieClark - ConferenceCall_2010_09_30     
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the '''Joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FrankOlken]]; Panelists: [[BruceBargmeyer]], [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]], [[FarrukhNajmi]] & [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_02_28]]     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug]], [[EvanWallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[PeterBenson]] & [[RexBrooks]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_03_27]]     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat]], [[DekeSmith]], [[MarciaZeng]], [[DeniseBedford]], [[PatHayes]], [[MalaMehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_03]]     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith]] & [[MichaelGruninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger]], [[PeterHaase]], [[NatashaNoy]] &  [[ElisaKendall]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_10]]     
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
 
* the '''OOR Development panel sessions''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]][[LiDing]], [[BruceBargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22]]     
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer & BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider]]; Panelists: [[MarkMusen]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[MikeDean]], [[PaulBuitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_02_19]]     
+
** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: ToddSchneider; Panelists: MarkMusen, NatashaNoy, MikeDean, PaulBuitelaar / AndreasHarth, MathieuDaquin, KenBaclawski, MichaelGruninger - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19     
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: [[MarkMusen]] - Panelists: [[TaniaTudorache]], [[TimRedmond]], [[NatashaNoy]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_07_16]]     
+
** 2009_07_16 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Integrated tools for ontology development and management: A field guide to the Stanford technology" - Chair: MarkMusen - Panelists: TaniaTudorache, TimRedmond, NatashaNoy - ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "[[BioPortal]] and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: [[NatashaNoy]] - Panelists: [[CarlosRueda]], [[PaulAlexander]], [[JohnGraybeal]], [[MikeDean]], [[StephenGranite]], [[AlexGarcia]], [[KenBaclawski]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_07_30]]     
+
** 2009_07_30 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "BioPortal and related Ontology Repository Implementations and Development" (Take-3) - Chair: NatashaNoy - Panelists: CarlosRueda, PaulAlexander, JohnGraybeal, MikeDean, StephenGranite, AlexGarcia, KenBaclawski - ConferenceCall_2009_07_30     
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: [[MikeDean]] - Panelists: [[JimChatigny]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[NatashaNoy]] - OOR/[[ConferenceCall_2010_02_19]]     
+
** 2010_02_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Coordinating our Open Ontology Repository Software Development" - Chair: MikeDean - Panelists: JimChatigny, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19     
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: [[KenBaclawski]] & [[ToddSchneider]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider]], [[MatthewHettinger]], [[KenBaclawski]] and [[MaximoGurmendez]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_04_01]]     
+
** 2010_04_01 - Thursday: Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel Session: "OOR Use Cases - Take-3" - Chair: KenBaclawski & ToddSchneider - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MatthewHettinger, KenBaclawski and MaximoGurmendez - ConferenceCall_2010_04_01     
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: [[JohnSowa]] - Panelists: [[JohnBateman]]-[[TillMossakowski]], [[MichaelGruninger]], [[CameronRoss]], [[AdamPease]], [[PatHayes]] - [[ConferenceCall_2010_09_10]]     
+
** 2010_09_10 - Friday: Joint SIO-OOR-Ontolog Panel Discussion: "Common Logic (CL) Support for OOR" - Chair: JohnSowa - Panelists: JohnBateman-TillMossakowski, MichaelGruninger, CameronRoss, AdamPease, PatHayes - ConferenceCall_2010_09_10     
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: [[ToddSchneider]] & [[MichaelGruninger]] - Panelists: [[ToddSchneider]], [[MikeDean]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[ImmanuelNormann]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger]] - OOR/[[ConferenceCall_2010_09_17]]     
+
** 2010_09_17 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "Getting OOR Development Going - Take-IV" Workshop - Co-chairs: ToddSchneider & MichaelGruninger - Panelists: ToddSchneider, MikeDean, NatashaNoy, ImmanuelNormann, KenBaclawski, MichaelGruninger - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_09_17     
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-[[BioPortal]] fork) OOR Architecture and API - OOR/[[ConferenceCall_2010_10_15]]     
+
** 2010_10_15 - Friday: OOR Project Team Member Conference Call - discussion on the (post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_10_15     
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-[[BioPortal]] fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: [[KenBaclawski]] & [[MichaelGruninger]] - Panelists: [[KenBaclawski]]+[[ToddSchneider]], [[AldoGangemi]]+[[AlessandroAdamou]], [[JouniTuominen]]+[[KimViljanen]], [[EricChan]] - OOR/[[ConferenceCall_2010_11_19]]     
+
** 2010_11_19 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion - "(Post-BioPortal fork) OOR Architecture and API - Take-II" - Co-chairs: KenBaclawski & MichaelGruninger - Panelists: KenBaclawski+ToddSchneider, AldoGangemi+AlessandroAdamou, JouniTuominen+KimViljanen, EricChan - OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_11_19     
* '''[[OntologySummit2008]]''' homepage  
+
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
** '''[[OntologySummit2008]]/[[FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
+
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  
Line 311: Line 307:
 
* '''Public sandbox instance of OOR (OOR-sandbox) - http://sandbox.oor.net/ontologies''' (previously http://oor-01.cim3.net/ontologies)  
 
* '''Public sandbox instance of OOR (OOR-sandbox) - http://sandbox.oor.net/ontologies''' (previously http://oor-01.cim3.net/ontologies)  
 
** '''[[OOR_SandBox]]'''  
 
** '''[[OOR_SandBox]]'''  
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development
+
** NCBO-OOR development documentation - http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO-OOR_Development  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]    [[Category:OOR]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_12_17 here] for original page

Revision as of 01:42, 14 December 2015

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-12-17     (1)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1A6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A8)

Attendees     (1C)

  • Expecting:     (1C2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1C3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

... please insert any additional item above (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1D10)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1E1)

2. Roll Call:     (1E6)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1E9)

  • 1. Prepare and adopt an OOR system architecture     (1E12)
    • define and adopt a set of API's     (1E12A)
    • define and adopt the set of ontology metadata (as an extension of OMV) that authors of the ontology are required to provide when they upload ontologies to the OOR     (1E12B)
  • 2. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1E13)
  • 3. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1E14)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage developers and have them contribute code     (1E14A)
    • clarify IPR issues related to Ontology & OOR and adopt a consensus IPR policy for OOR contributions     (1E14B)
    • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1E14C)
    • setup clear and easy policies and process to engage content stewards and have them contribute ontologies to our public instance of OOR     (1E14D)
  • 4. systematically solicit content contributions     (1E15)
  • 5. get the work funded     (1E16)
  • 6. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1E17)
  • 7. continue with efforts in publicity and outreach     (1E18)

Key items for review and discussion today     (1E19)

items below are from previous meeting discussions ... and will be updated as this meeting progresses ...     (1E19J)

  • OOR system architecture     (1E19K)
    • action items - will discuss in depth along with API & CL-support discussion which we will try to set up asap     (1E19K1)
      • Ken and Todd will try to get together offline and talk about this within the next couple of weeks     (1E19K1A)
      • candidate architecture team: MikeDean, KenBaclawski, ToddSchneider, ImmanuelNormann, TillMossakowski, CameronRoss, MichaelGruninger, AdamPease, NatashaNoy, ...     (1E19K1B)
      • (also desirable to be at the meeting:) AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, MikeUschold, JohnBateman, JohnSowa, PatHayes, PatCassidy, MarkMusen, LeoObrst, PeterYim, ...     (1E19K1C)
      • tentatively ... devoting the Oct-15 meeting for this - architecture, API, metadata (OMV extension), ... no presentations; only serious discussions!     (1E19K1D)

4. Member activities updates:     (1E19O)

5. Funding progress:     (1E19Q)

6. Any Other Business:     (1E19R)

7. Action items:     (1E19S)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1E19T)

Transcript of the online chat during the session     (1F)

-- begin of chat session --     (1F1)

-- end of chat session --     (1F2)

notes taken by: PeterYim / 2010.12.17-7:18 PST     (1F4)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F5)


Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)