From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(proceedings captured Last updated at: 2010-01-08 10:09:40 By user: PeterYim)
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** LeoObrst (chair)  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] (chair)  
** KenBaclawski
+
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]
** ChristophLange  
+
** [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]
** PeterYim  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]
** JimChatigny (BBN / Raytheon)  
+
** [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]] (BBN / Raytheon)  
** DanCerys (BBN / Raytheon)  
+
** [[DanCerys|Dan Cerys]] (BBN / Raytheon)  
** MichaelGruninger  
+
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
Line 46: Line 46:
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** ToddSchneider  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]
** MikeDean  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]
  
 
== Agenda Ideas  ==
 
== Agenda Ideas  ==
Line 65: Line 65:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* LeoObrst takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
* PeterYim volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 75: Line 75:
  
 
* welcome and intro of new member(s)  
 
* welcome and intro of new member(s)  
** JimChatigny (Raytheon / BBN), senior developer  
+
** [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]] (Raytheon / BBN), senior developer  
** JimChatigny (working out of Hawaii) and DanCerys (Massachusetts) will be working with MikeDean on federation issues with OOR  
+
** [[JimChatigny|Jim Chatigny]] (working out of Hawaii) and [[DanCerys|Dan Cerys]] (Massachusetts) will be working with [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] on federation issues with OOR  
  
 
3. Status Review and Discussion:  
 
3. Status Review and Discussion:  
Line 104: Line 104:
  
 
* '''introducing the "ORES 2010 Workshop" (ORES10) workshop''': ESWC 2010 Workshop on Ontology Repositories and Editors for the Semantic Web  
 
* '''introducing the "ORES 2010 Workshop" (ORES10) workshop''': ESWC 2010 Workshop on Ontology Repositories and Editors for the Semantic Web  
** 2009.12.11 - proposal for a ORES10 workshop at ESWC 2010 (end May 2010; Heraklion, Greece) was made by AlexGarcia, MathieuDaquin, KimViljanen & ChristophLange earlier this week  
+
** 2009.12.11 - proposal for a ORES10 workshop at ESWC 2010 (end May 2010; Heraklion, Greece) was made by AlexGarcia, [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], KimViljanen & [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]] earlier this week  
 
*** we'll invite the organizer of the workshop to come tell us more about it (after the workshop proposal is formally accepted) maybe at our next OOR meeting  
 
*** we'll invite the organizer of the workshop to come tell us more about it (after the workshop proposal is formally accepted) maybe at our next OOR meeting  
 
** see their (new) website at: http://www.ontologydynamics.org/od/index.php/ores2010/  
 
** see their (new) website at: http://www.ontologydynamics.org/od/index.php/ores2010/  
Line 111: Line 111:
 
*** Peter is happy to support such effort with the Ontolog infrastructure  
 
*** Peter is happy to support such effort with the Ontolog infrastructure  
  
* MichaelGruninger: a Call for Paper on the Modular Ontologies Workshop (which will be help at FOIS in May 2010, Toronoto, Canada) ... is somewhat related to ontology repositories too. We should network  
+
* [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]: a Call for Paper on the Modular Ontologies Workshop (which will be help at FOIS in May 2010, Toronoto, Canada) ... is somewhat related to ontology repositories too. We should network  
  
 
* '''OOR-sandbox installation progress review'''  
 
* '''OOR-sandbox installation progress review'''  
** <oor-01f.cim3.net> with the updated version of BioPortal - http://oor-01f.cim3.net/ [ existing instance is at: http://oor-01.cim3.net/ ]  
+
** <oor-01f.cim3.net> with the updated version of [[BioPortal]] - http://oor-01f.cim3.net/ [ existing instance is at: http://oor-01.cim3.net/ ]  
 
** on re-deployment, we should have the "OOR-sandbox" label and the licensing correct  
 
** on re-deployment, we should have the "OOR-sandbox" label and the licensing correct  
 
*** Tejas advised that the new install way be up later today  
 
*** Tejas advised that the new install way be up later today  
Line 122: Line 122:
 
**** we'll spend the following week evaluating and working on retiring the "old" sandbox (and making the new one <oor-01> officially  
 
**** we'll spend the following week evaluating and working on retiring the "old" sandbox (and making the new one <oor-01> officially  
  
* KenBaclawski: NEU is going ahead with the installation another instance (on vmware infrastructure)  
+
* [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]: NEU is going ahead with the installation another instance (on vmware infrastructure)  
  
 
* '''progress review on planned OOR-related events'''  
 
* '''progress review on planned OOR-related events'''  
  
 
* Candidates Events ... consider:  
 
* Candidates Events ... consider:  
** Use Cases Panel-2 - co-champion: Ken & KGoodier (Ken will contact)  
+
** Use Cases Panel-2 - co-champion: Ken & [[KGoodier|K Goodier]] (Ken will contact)  
** (Soliciting) Content - candidate co-champions: PatCassidy (Leo will contact), DeniseBedford (Peter to contact), AldoGangemi (Michael will contact)  
+
** (Soliciting) Content - candidate co-champions: [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]] (Leo will contact), [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]] (Peter to contact), [[AldoGangemi|Aldo Gangemi]] (Michael will contact)  
 
** possibly shortly after the summit  
 
** possibly shortly after the summit  
 
** Michael suggest that we can make it "more friendly" for content people to use the OOR (by us providing help)  
 
** Michael suggest that we can make it "more friendly" for content people to use the OOR (by us providing help)  
  
* Discussion / 2009.12.11: OntologySummit2010 launched on 2009.12.10 (yesterday)  
+
* Discussion / 2009.12.11: [[OntologySummit2010|Ontology Summit 2010]] launched on 2009.12.10 (yesterday)  
 
** ''(from previous meeting discussions:)'' what role can OOR (would want to) play?  
 
** ''(from previous meeting discussions:)'' what role can OOR (would want to) play?  
 
*** Mike: "OOR" as a means/tool to educate  
 
*** Mike: "OOR" as a means/tool to educate  
Line 140: Line 140:
 
*** we can suggest that everything (for the summit) should be ontology based, and then offer the OOR-sandbox to be a platform used by the summit participants  
 
*** we can suggest that everything (for the summit) should be ontology based, and then offer the OOR-sandbox to be a platform used by the summit participants  
 
*** we could offer content (course module and/or training material) on ontology repositories and registries  
 
*** we could offer content (course module and/or training material) on ontology repositories and registries  
** Peter (2010.01.08): message delivered to the OntologySummit2010 organizing committee - the OOR initiative be enlisted as a "co-sponsor" for the event  
+
** Peter (2010.01.08): message delivered to the [[OntologySummit2010|Ontology Summit 2010]] organizing committee - the OOR initiative be enlisted as a "co-sponsor" for the event  
  
 
* '''reports on member activities that are OOR-related'''  
 
* '''reports on member activities that are OOR-related'''  
Line 150: Line 150:
  
 
* ... previously,  
 
* ... previously,  
** KenBaclawski submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with PeterYim and MikeDean.  
+
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] and MikeDean.  
 
*** Ken: our STCI proposal seems to have been declined by NSF; NEU has been re-organizing the Tech Transfer office, so the people handling our submission is not available any more  
 
*** Ken: our STCI proposal seems to have been declined by NSF; NEU has been re-organizing the Tech Transfer office, so the people handling our submission is not available any more  
 
**** Ken will try to call the NSF program officer to find out  
 
**** Ken will try to call the NSF program officer to find out  
** PeterYim is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with MarkMusen
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with Mark Musen
** CarlosRueda has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
+
** [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]] has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
** NancyWiegand / SOCoP also submitted a NSF proposal that OOR is a part  
+
** [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]] / SOCoP also submitted a NSF proposal that OOR is a part  
 
** Peter:  
 
** Peter:  
*** FrankOlken reminded people that NSF-CISE small proposals are due 2009.12.17  
+
*** [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]] reminded people that NSF-CISE small proposals are due 2009.12.17  
 
*** also, a new NSF VOSS program solicitation (NSF 10-504)is out, and proposals are due 2010.01.25 - see: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10504/nsf10504.htm  
 
*** also, a new NSF VOSS program solicitation (NSF 10-504)is out, and proposals are due 2010.01.25 - see: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2010/nsf10504/nsf10504.htm  
 
**** 2010.01.08: Leo & Ken - OOR probably is not directly relevant ... maybe Ontolog, Semantic Wikis, Future Studies (RTDelphi) will fall under this.  
 
**** 2010.01.08: Leo & Ken - OOR probably is not directly relevant ... maybe Ontolog, Semantic Wikis, Future Studies (RTDelphi) will fall under this.  
Line 177: Line 177:
 
--
 
--
  
notes taken by: PeterYim / 2010.01.08-10:06am PST
+
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2010.01.08-10:06am PST
  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
Line 241: Line 241:
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst &amp; FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi &amp; PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst &amp; FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson &amp; RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst &amp; FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra &amp; RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith &amp; MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &amp;  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &amp;  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer &amp; BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen[[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  

Latest revision as of 02:26, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-01-08     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2010-01-08, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

[edit] Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D3A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F8)

  • Review of our priority list:     (1F11)
    • 1. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1F11A)
    • 2. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1F11B)
      • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1F11B1)
    • 3. systematically solicit content contributions     (1F11C)
    • 4. get the work funded     (1F11D)
    • 5. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1F11E)

... items below are from the previous call(s), and will be updated as we progressed on this meeting.     (1F18)

  • Michael Grüninger: a Call for Paper on the Modular Ontologies Workshop (which will be help at FOIS in May 2010, Toronoto, Canada) ... is somewhat related to ontology repositories too. We should network     (1F20)
  • OOR-sandbox installation progress review     (1F21)
    • <oor-01f.cim3.net> with the updated version of BioPortal - http://oor-01f.cim3.net/ [ existing instance is at: http://oor-01.cim3.net/ ]     (1F21A)
    • on re-deployment, we should have the "OOR-sandbox" label and the licensing correct     (1F21B)
    • Peter: when everyone is comfortable with the new install, we will remap the DNS to call that <oor-01.cim3.net> so the url would stay the same as before.     (1F21C)
    • 2010.01.08: discussion: migrating existing content: from oor-01 to oor-01f and then retiring the "old" sandbox     (1F21D)
      • target - upload ontologies to the new sandbox oor-01f within the next week, by 2010.01.15 [attn: Ken & Mike c/o Dan & Jim]     (1F21D1)
        • we'll spend the following week evaluating and working on retiring the "old" sandbox (and making the new one <oor-01> officially     (1F21D1A)
  • Discussion / 2009.12.11: Ontology Summit 2010 launched on 2009.12.10 (yesterday)     (1F25)
    • (from previous meeting discussions:) what role can OOR (would want to) play?     (1F25A)
    • Mike: if outreach and "educating the public" is part of the agenda, the folks who used to be on W3C's Best Practices and Deployment Working Group and Education and Outreach Interest Group will be good candidates to engage     (1F25B)
    • Peter / 2009.12.11: Discourse to be in 3 Tracks: Content, Quality, Professional-Context ... and each further broken down into "present" and "future" outlooks     (1F25C)
    • Discussion:     (1F25D)
      • we can suggest that everything (for the summit) should be ontology based, and then offer the OOR-sandbox to be a platform used by the summit participants     (1F25D1)
      • we could offer content (course module and/or training material) on ontology repositories and registries     (1F25D2)
    • Peter (2010.01.08): message delivered to the Ontology Summit 2010 organizing committee - the OOR initiative be enlisted as a "co-sponsor" for the event     (1F25E)

4. New Issues:     (1F30)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F31)

6. Action items:     (1F32)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F33)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.01.08-10:06am PST     (1F37)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F38)


[edit] Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)