From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(proceedings captured Last updated at: 2010-01-08 10:09:40 By user: PeterYim)
m (Text replace - "[ ]PeterYim[ ]" to " Peter P. Yim ")
Line 36: Line 36:
 
** KenBaclawski  
 
** KenBaclawski  
 
** ChristophLange  
 
** ChristophLange  
** PeterYim  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]
 
** JimChatigny (BBN / Raytheon)  
 
** JimChatigny (BBN / Raytheon)  
 
** DanCerys (BBN / Raytheon)  
 
** DanCerys (BBN / Raytheon)  
Line 66: Line 66:
  
 
* LeoObrst takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* LeoObrst takes the chair and welcome everyone  
* PeterYim volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 150: Line 150:
  
 
* ... previously,  
 
* ... previously,  
** KenBaclawski submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with PeterYim and MikeDean.  
+
** KenBaclawski submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] and MikeDean.  
 
*** Ken: our STCI proposal seems to have been declined by NSF; NEU has been re-organizing the Tech Transfer office, so the people handling our submission is not available any more  
 
*** Ken: our STCI proposal seems to have been declined by NSF; NEU has been re-organizing the Tech Transfer office, so the people handling our submission is not available any more  
 
**** Ken will try to call the NSF program officer to find out  
 
**** Ken will try to call the NSF program officer to find out  
** PeterYim is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with MarkMusen  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with MarkMusen  
 
** CarlosRueda has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
 
** CarlosRueda has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
 
** NancyWiegand / SOCoP also submitted a NSF proposal that OOR is a part  
 
** NancyWiegand / SOCoP also submitted a NSF proposal that OOR is a part  
Line 177: Line 177:
 
--
 
--
  
notes taken by: PeterYim / 2010.01.08-10:06am PST
+
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2010.01.08-10:06am PST
  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.  
Line 241: Line 241:
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
 
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
 
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
 
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
 
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     

Revision as of 04:34, 7 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2010-01-08     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2010-01-08, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

  • welcome and intro of new member(s)     (1F7)
    • JimChatigny (Raytheon / BBN), senior developer     (1F7A)
    • JimChatigny (working out of Hawaii) and DanCerys (Massachusetts) will be working with MikeDean on federation issues with OOR     (1F7B)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F8)

  • Review of our priority list:     (1F11)
    • 1. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1F11A)
    • 2. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1F11B)
      • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1F11B1)
    • 3. systematically solicit content contributions     (1F11C)
    • 4. get the work funded     (1F11D)
    • 5. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1F11E)

... items below are from the previous call(s), and will be updated as we progressed on this meeting.     (1F18)

  • introducing the "ORES 2010 Workshop" (ORES10) workshop: ESWC 2010 Workshop on Ontology Repositories and Editors for the Semantic Web     (1F19)
  • MichaelGruninger: a Call for Paper on the Modular Ontologies Workshop (which will be help at FOIS in May 2010, Toronoto, Canada) ... is somewhat related to ontology repositories too. We should network     (1F20)
  • OOR-sandbox installation progress review     (1F21)
    • <oor-01f.cim3.net> with the updated version of BioPortal - http://oor-01f.cim3.net/ [ existing instance is at: http://oor-01.cim3.net/ ]     (1F21A)
    • on re-deployment, we should have the "OOR-sandbox" label and the licensing correct     (1F21B)
    • Peter: when everyone is comfortable with the new install, we will remap the DNS to call that <oor-01.cim3.net> so the url would stay the same as before.     (1F21C)
    • 2010.01.08: discussion: migrating existing content: from oor-01 to oor-01f and then retiring the "old" sandbox     (1F21D)
      • target - upload ontologies to the new sandbox oor-01f within the next week, by 2010.01.15 [attn: Ken & Mike c/o Dan & Jim]     (1F21D1)
        • we'll spend the following week evaluating and working on retiring the "old" sandbox (and making the new one <oor-01> officially     (1F21D1A)
  • KenBaclawski: NEU is going ahead with the installation another instance (on vmware infrastructure)     (1F22)
  • Candidates Events ... consider:     (1F24)
    • Use Cases Panel-2 - co-champion: Ken & KGoodier (Ken will contact)     (1F24A)
    • (Soliciting) Content - candidate co-champions: PatCassidy (Leo will contact), DeniseBedford (Peter to contact), AldoGangemi (Michael will contact)     (1F24B)
    • possibly shortly after the summit     (1F24C)
    • Michael suggest that we can make it "more friendly" for content people to use the OOR (by us providing help)     (1F24D)
  • Discussion / 2009.12.11: OntologySummit2010 launched on 2009.12.10 (yesterday)     (1F25)
    • (from previous meeting discussions:) what role can OOR (would want to) play?     (1F25A)
    • Mike: if outreach and "educating the public" is part of the agenda, the folks who used to be on W3C's Best Practices and Deployment Working Group and Education and Outreach Interest Group will be good candidates to engage     (1F25B)
    • Peter / 2009.12.11: Discourse to be in 3 Tracks: Content, Quality, Professional-Context ... and each further broken down into "present" and "future" outlooks     (1F25C)
    • Discussion:     (1F25D)
      • we can suggest that everything (for the summit) should be ontology based, and then offer the OOR-sandbox to be a platform used by the summit participants     (1F25D1)
      • we could offer content (course module and/or training material) on ontology repositories and registries     (1F25D2)
    • Peter (2010.01.08): message delivered to the OntologySummit2010 organizing committee - the OOR initiative be enlisted as a "co-sponsor" for the event     (1F25E)

4. New Issues:     (1F30)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F31)

6. Action items:     (1F32)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F33)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2010.01.08-10:06am PST     (1F37)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F38)


Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)